Undeniable

Par blccdbby

Emilia Weathers has worked for the Shelby family for years , but a family secret has started to draw a line b... Plus

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Authors note
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch.23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Authors note ♡
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Final
Authors final words ♡ [Edited]
Surprise Holiday Chapter🎄❤️

Ch. 34

1.7K 51 0
Par blccdbby

After Thomas shot Michael, everything moved very quickly. Polly accused me of getting into Tommy's mind and feeding him lies about the family inevitably turning him on his own blood. But when not only Thomas but all of his brothers stood up for me, she fled the house searing with anger.  I couldn't blame her, it was easier too believe I was the culprit and not her nephew she adored.  Despite everything, when the time came, she still took Michael's side on the entire situation. Claiming he was smart for pairing with Adonis and getting his own job without relying on his family line to earn him a living. We haven't heard much from her since.

The brothers pretty much stayed at our house every night incase of an attack . The only exception was Jon who went back and forth between houses because of Esme and his children. Sometimes Esme would come here with him to stay and I often wondered where the kids were, but decided not to ask. Thomas was stuck in the same grooling routine of waking up and doing buisness from sun up to sundown where he would burst into our room at late hours of the night in a drunken lumber, just to crash at the foot of the bed and remain until sunlight breached. The bed grew cold and I grew fed up with his behavior. He refused to let me go to the office after Michael had been released from the hospital saying it was too dangerous. Not to mention the security he put on our house was suffocating , men armed at each door. The house was becoming unbearable and I was becoming stir crazy staring at green faded wallpaper twelve hours a day until someone gave in and walked me around the courtyard.

As night fell it was now a Friday, exactly one week from when Michael had been shot. The next day Thomas and his men would be attending a horse race due to their absence at the last which he announced was "because of family difficulties." I couldn't sleep and Thomas had not returned from the office yet. Footsteps echoed in the hallway as a few of the men paced back and forth outside of my bedroom, I assumed ready to switch shifts. The measures Thomas had went to were absolutely outrageous in my opinion. There was no reason for these people to be here guarding me and this house  when Adonis wanted him dead.

You said it yourself , Emilia. He wants you so he can finish what he started. Tommy's words from our last conversation rang through my thoughts and left a sour taste on my tongue. This wasnt about family , death, or business. This was about Thomas being jealous and overbearing.

I tossed my legs over the side of the bed and stood quietly hoping the floorboards wouldn't creak. Slipping my black boots on , I pulled a small blanket over my shoulders and headed towards the window. Even though I was on the second floor, lattice covered the back brick wall of the house conveniently placed by the window. Most likely it was for Thomas to make a grand escape in fatal situations but for me it was my way out of this stale stuffy  four walls. I carefully scaled the wall making it to the grass before taking a look around. The only guard back here was at the opposite corner with his back turned, no doubt guarding the backyard gate. It took no more than five minutes for me to slip past the patio furniture and through the garden back to the woodline.  Once I made it into the woods I quickly jogged too put some distance between me and the estate. I was far enough away now that the crunching leaves beneath my boots wouldn't raise alarm but I still carefully thought out my direction incase Thomas put provisions this far out. Finally I reached a halt and took some deep ragged breaths leaning against the tree beside me . The moonlight poured over the forest leaving siloutes of branches on the ground , swaying back and forth with the wind. The wind . It was the only thing I could hear this far out and it truly brought nothing more than peace. It seemed to dance across my cheeks and press further into my loosely tied hair before slipping into the distance. I basked in it , taking air into my lungs like I hadn't been outside in days. Because honestly, I hadn't. Not like this. Not completely free and independent,  just as I am. There was a fallen log covered in moss and debris which now looked most inviting. I plopped down on top of it, straddling my legs on either side before carefully laying back and peering up at the sky. Tonight was clear, not a cloud in sight as each star seemed to paint itself into my view. The moon lay bright and full bringing my attention too its face. My lips turned upward into a grin and I felt myself welcoming happiness for the first time in awhile. Happiness I made completely for myself without relying on a man with a thick accent and blue eyes.  But nonetheless, Mr. Shelby made me very happy. Even in his cold tone and avoiding stares he still brought a sense of comfort when he approached. It was almost a soft melting emotion.

My nerves hitched when I heard the sound of a branch cracking several feet away. Quickly I sat up and looked around before hearing shuffling noises moving toward my location. Without hesitation I dropped to the ground and nestled myself in-between the falling log and another tree that was still standing with a wide enough girth to conceal my upper half.

As the sound got closer it was easy to distinguish footsteps, heavy and solid. Whoever drew near must have known exactly what or who they were looking for because the intent drew their stride faster.

And then it stopped. A few feet from behind the tree I hid behind. There was no more movement other than the rise and fall of my chest as I tried to remain as quiet as the forest when I found it.

Clink.

The sound of a lighter flicking to life cut through the air before the rising smell of smoke had. And honestly if I wasn't surrounded by trees I was entirely sure it would also bring the smell of pine, but there was no way of telling.

"You aren't supposed to be out here." Thomas's voice called.

My heart rate quickend inside my chest as I pressed my back further into the wood of the tree. Attempting to steal a hidden glance I peered around the side to see Thomas standing angled to the side in his suit and hat as if he had just come home from work. He wasn't looking in my direction but there was no doubt he knew I was out here.

How did he find me? I thought to myself.

Even if he had went to our empty bedroom , I had closed the window on my way out. There was no indication I had fled down the wall and into the woodline. He should have assumed I was hidden somewhere in the house. Unless..

"If you are going to sneak out into the woods at night, maybe get better at the sneaking.", He took a long draw off his ciggerate, "The kitchen window has a nice view of the yard you know."

Shit.

He had already returned home before I left. He must have been downstairs the whole time and I hadn't even thought about checking the windows for faces before sprinting across the lawn. But even so he only knew I was out here, not where. So if I could just remain quiet for another few minutes maybe he would move on his search and I'd get another moment of peace before having to return.

His footsteps picked up again, this time moving away before fading into the distance. I let out a soft sigh of relief and waited a few seconds before bringing myself back to my feet.

If he had already made the discovery I had left on my own, there was no doubt going to be an argument over my safety. One that I dreaded walking into because of the backlash I wasn't prepared to fight.

"But I'm tired of being locked up in this house and monitored 24/7" was not an excuse that would go over well, because Thomas only cared to protect me. He didn't care if I was bored in the process.

Turning to start walking back towards the house I was quickly stopped by a stone chest pushing me back to the tree, pressed hard against the bark. My eyes widened with surprise before looking up to see Thomas standing before me , his hands on either side of my head as he looked over my face.

"But you-" I started.

"Walked away ?" He raised an eyebrow,  "Gave up so easily when I was so close." He smirked at my pale expression,"You are smarter than that, Ms. Weathers."

"How did you find me?"

"I watched you run off and once I got out here I wasn't sure how I'd track you down but luckily those boots of yours leave a pretty mark in the dirt." He leaned closer to ear his lips dancing over my cheek bone, "breadcrumbs"

I shivered at his touch before crossing my arms over my chest, "You can't keep me locked up in that house, Tommy. I'm tired of being constantly watched."

"That is not up for discussion."

"Yes, it is and we're discussing it right now."

"What if it hadn't been me?" His jaw tightened as he pushed his gaze into my eyes, "What if it was someone else tracking you down? Do you feel confident in your ability to run? Did you leave a trail on purpose because you know I'd come for you or was it just an idiotic attempt at fleeing because I think you had no plan and no idea what you were doing and it would have gotten you taken or worse."

"I knew the house was safe and no one was coming for me other than you or your dogs." I spat.

"Were going back to the house now, this conversation is over."

He went to grab my wrist but I quickly pulled away. My other hand flew forward in instinct pressing hard to his chest knocking him back from me. A low grumble emerged from his chest as his eyes darkened but his expression became playful .

"Oh, you would like to fight me Ms. Weathers?" He took off his hat throwing it to the side before opening his arms on each side of him as an open invitation to strike once again, "Come on then, you win and I'll let you stay out here."

"I win and you allow me to roam the grounds as I please, when I please." My words shocked even me. The level of confidence that suddenly arose was surprising when i knew good and well I could not beat this man.

"Deal. You beat me and I will allow you to roam as you please." He took off his suit jacket hanging it on a nearby tree branch before raising his sleeves, "If I win you remain under my security."

"Deal ." I spat and before giving him time to boast further I swung with my right hand aiming for his jawbone. It didn't hit, instead Thomas snatched my wrist with speed that caught me off guard.

"I must warn you though, I have fought Arthur many many times after he's done playing in the snow and therefore my boxing etiquette is a bit shabby." He released my arm and stepped back .

This time I swung again going for his face but was met with air as he dodged my blow.

"Aren't you going to fight back?" I questioned,"I want this to be fair."

He chuckled as he stood watching me attempt to line up another punch, "I'm not going to hit you. My only objective is to pin you and we both know-"

I threw my body towards him once again this time aiming my punch for his stomach. It landed but he used the momentum to grab on, spinning me away from him leaving my back pressed to the front of his body. His arm clamped tightly over my arms and chest while the other laid softly on my hip. His lips pressed into my ear this time rougher than the previous but still it sent chills washing over my skin.

"- I'm exceptionally good at that" He finished causing me to gasp slightly. 

"Fuck off" I used my elbow against his chest too free myself from his grip and turned around , steadying my stance.

He rubbed his hand across his stomach where I had wounded him earlier before letting out a long sigh, "You are such a violent little thing."

"It seems fitting considering who I live with." This time I acted as i was going to land another punch to his chest but instead used my leg to kick his from underneath him. My plan worked as he fell to the ground but not before he latched onto the back of my knee, sending me falling right after him.

I landed ontop of his body , straddling his pelvis .

"See this I can get behind." He purred.

"Were supposed to be fighting, remember?"

"Oh I can think of multiple other things we could be doing right now. With you-" He looked over my body obviously distracted, "like this."

My heart leapt in my chest but i decided too take my opportunity before I lost it.

"We can do all of them if you say I win."

"Absolutely not."

Suspicion crept up in me as I began too connect the dots together, "If I win are you actually going to allow me to do as I please?"

My question was met with silence as Thomas stared blankly back at me his expression never faltering. It wasn't until he gave way to a smug grin that I realized I was in the position he wanted me in from the beginning.

"You bastard!" I exclaimed before rearing back and landing a hit to his face. His nose made a small cracking noise before blood began to spill from his skin.

He groaned in pain gripping his face with his hands writhing beneath me.

"O-Oh my god. Tommy I'm sorry I didnt-" my shakey apology was cut short as I heard his laugh seeping through his fingers. It was dark and laced with rich intent. I watched as he slowly pulled his hands away and looked up at me , his gaze now heavier than before. Blood smeared across the bottom of his face and stained his teeth against his grin.

"That's a mistake you are sure not to forget."

Before I could react he grabbed onto me and slammed my body to the ground beside him. I landed with a thud, the cold dirt hitting my stomach as he moved his body over me pressing into my back. His fingers gently ran through my hair before gripping onto it to hold my head in place as he leaned over blood dripping from his chin. My breathing quickened as the heat began too pool in my abdomen. The thoughts running rampant in my brain causing flush to my cheeks as I tried to push them away due to their inappropriate nature. No matter how I moved or struggled I couldn't break free and it was only rubbing myself against him more.

"I believe I win, Ms. Weathers."  His voice called soaked in lust .

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

378K 9K 32
"even when she was lying, there was a certain truth she always told" A pretty girl, a deal gone wrong, an ultimatum, and a death... Another average w...
1.2K 30 12
Olive Shelby spends her whole life following the orders of her older brothers. The day of her brother John's funeral, she makes a decision of her own...
39.7K 2.5K 19
────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊ 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝗈𝗒 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝘩𝑎𝑡 𝘩𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝘩𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔...
Emma Par Lover

Fanfiction

132K 4K 44
Birmingham, 1924. The Shelbys are stronger than ever. Thomas has to face the grief of his beloved wife. But he also needs to run his business. A new...