The Rubber Hero: My Hero Acad...

By yDave16

This is the story of Y/N. Izukus's best friend and almost brother, and Bakugo's weird rival. See his journey... More

Bio
Origins
Love Interest winner
U.A Practical Exam and first day
End of First day / Battle Practice
Class rep / USJ #1
USJ
Prepare for the U.A Sports Festival!
U.A Sports Festival!
Cavalry Battle
Battle Tournament starts
Second andThird Rounds / Y/N vs Bakugo/ End of Sports Festival
Hero Names
Internships 1
Internships 2

Training for U.A.

3.7K 92 153
By yDave16

yDave: "Before we begin, I have to announce the fact that Momo and Mina have somehow tied. So, I'm going to have to make a round 2, but you'll only have 2 days to vote for the winner. So, tik tok:

- Momo Yaoyorozu

- Mina Ashido

______________________________________________________________

Izuku: The number one hero, All Might. Age unknown, Quirk unidentified. He dashed onto the scene of the hero world and received unwavering popularity based on his ability. 

Ever since he appeared, the once critically high rate of crimes committed by villains decreased year after year, and his existence itself became a deterrent. He became the Symbol of Peace in both name and reality. And that man said to me...

All Might: "You can become a hero. You are worthy to inherit my power."

Izuku and Y/N look at him slowly as he stands dramatically.

Izuku/(Y/N): "Eh?"

Izuku: "Inherit your power?"

All Might: "Hahahaha! What's with that face? It's just a suggestion. The real show starts after this. Listen, young man. You need to decide whether or not you will accept my power!" He stated while coughing up blood and pointing at Izuku.

Y/N: "What are you saying?"

All Might: "I'm talking about my power, young man. The tabloids called it 'superhuman strength' and a 'boost'... and I constantly dodged the question during interviews with a funny joke. Because the Symbol of Peace, All Might, had to be a natural-born hero. But young man, I will tell you the truth. My Quirk was passed on to me like a sacred torch."

Izuku: "It was passed on to you...?"

All Might: "That's right. And next, it is your turn."

Izuku: "W-Wait! Wait a minute! It's true that your Quirk is something hotly debated as one of the world's greatest mysteries. So much so that not a day goes by when I don't see someone talking about it online. But, well, I don't understand what you mean by inheriting or passing on a Quirk... I've never heard of anything like that before, and it's never even been conjectured in the debate...Mutter..Mutter....Mutter" A bunch of "Mutters" came out of Izuku's mouth and began swirling around the 3 boys. Although, some of them began attacking Y/N.

Y/N: "Crap! We're loosing him!"

All Might: "He always starts with denials, huh?"

Y/N: "Indeed."

All Might: "NONSENSE!"

Izuku: "Wh...?!"

All Might: "I may hide a lot of things, but I don't lie! The power to transfer power... That is the Quirk I inherited! I was crowned with 'One For All'!"

Izuku/(Y/N): "'One For All'..."

All Might: "That's right. One person cultivates the power...and passes it on to another person, who also cultivates it and passes it on. It is the crystallization of power that spins together the voices of those who need help with a courageous heart."

Izuku: "Why are you... Why are you giving me something so great?"

All Might: "I have been looking for a successor. And then, I thought it would be all right for you to inherit it. You are just a Quirkless hero fanboy, but you were more heroic than anyone else back there!"

Izuku began tearing up.

All Might: "Never mind! Well, it's up to you, though. What'll you do?"

Y/N saw Izuku thinking about what to answer, and eventually, Izuku stood up.

Izuku: "I'll do it!"

All Might: "An immediate reply. That's what I thought you'd say!"

While this was going on. Y/N pulled out a piece of meat from who knows where, and began eating it.

Y/N: "Noice. Looks like your journey to become a hero starts today, Izuku."

Izuku/All Might: "Where did he get that?"

Time Skip

Izuku: *Struggling noises*

All Might: "Hey, hey, hey! This is such a comfy fridge to sit on!" He was sitting on top of a fridge.

Y/N: "Your shoulders are also such a comfy place to sit on :D" He was on All Might's shoulders.

All Might: "Hey! Young (L/N)! Get off!" He shook off Y/N, who face planted into the sand.

Y/N: *Muffled* "Ow... And don't call me that. Call me Y/N."

All Might: *To Izuku* "If you could move it even a little, it would be a little easier."

Izuku: "Well yeah, I mean, you weigh 274 kilograms, right?"

Y/N: "WHAT?! YOU REALLY WEIGH THAT MUCH?!"

All Might: "No, I lost weight, so I'm only 255 kilograms now. In this form."

Y/N: "Pssh!! Ain't no way you're that heavy. Come on I'll carry you." Y/N said as he turned around and pointed to his back.

All Might: "Well, this'll let me see your strength.  Very well, then!" 

All Might jumped off the fridge, into Y/N's back. Y/N suddenly felt all of All Might's weight and began struggling to even stay on his feet.

Y/N: "Come on! Come on! I got this! I got this! SHIT! I AIN'T GOT THIS!! Aaah!!"

Y/N was crushed by All Might, lifting some smoke. When the smoke cleared away, All Might was seen standing over a flat-as-a-pancake Y/N.

Izuku: "AAHH!! Y/N!!"

All Might: "YOUNG Y/N!! I'M SORRY!! ARE YOU OKAY?!"

Y/N: *Weakly* "I'm....okay....I....guess...."

All Might: "B-But, doesn't it hurt?!"

Y/N: *Weakly* "Not....really...."

Izuku: "You see, All Might. Y/N's Quirk made his body become like rubber, giving him the ability to stretch, and become immune to physical attacks like punches and kicks. But, when he can get hurt by getting cut or stabbed."

All Might: "What an amazing Quirk, that is!!"

Izuku: "A-Anyways, why am I dragging trash at the beach park?"

All Might: *Chuckles* "It's 'cause, you know, you're not a proper vessel." He said while taking some pictures of Izuku.

Izuku: *Crying* "What you're saying now is the opposite of what you said before!"

All Might: "I'm talking about your body. My Quirk, One For All, is the fullest physical ability of many people gathered into one. An unprepared body cannot inherit it fully. The limbs will come off, and the body will explode."

Izuku: "THE LIMBS WILL WHAT?! Then... I'm picking up trash in order to train my body...?"

All Might: *Thumbs up* "YES!"

Y/N: *Still weak* "Help....me...."

All Might: "But that's not all. After some research on the internet yesterday, I discovered that part of this beach park's coast has been like this for many years."

Izuku: "Yeah. For some reason, because of the currents, objects drift here a lot, and people take advantage of that to hide their illegal dumping... The local residents don't come near here, either."

Y/N was in the background slowly putting his thumb on his mouth, before taking a deep breath and reinflating himself back to normal.

All Might: "Heroes these days are all after the showy stuff. Originally, being a hero meant doing volunteer service. Even if people called that boring or whatever. You can't waver from those roots." He talked while crushing a fridge with such force that it sent some nearby trash flying as well.

Izuku/(Y/N): "Whoa..."

All Might: "You will restore the horizon for this whole section! That is your first step towards becoming a hero!"

Y/N: "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's train, so Izuku can have your Quirk without losing his limbs. So, where do with start?" Y/N said while flexing his arms and punching his fist together. 

All Might: "We start with this! I came up with this 'Aim to Pass: American Dream Plan'! It's a training plan to help you two finish cleaning up the beach. I'll have to follow this is in every aspect of your life!" He passed two stacks of papers to the boys.

Izuku: "Even sleep time is included..." He said while looking through the papers.

Y/N: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN LESS MEAT?! THAT IS BULLSHIT!!"

All Might: "Frankly, this is a super hard schedule. Can you two follow it?"

Izuku: "Of course... I have to work many times harder than anyone else, or else I can't do it!" He said with determination.

Y/N: "I'll do everything except the less meat part. Meat is life, my guy!"

All Might: "Good enough! And young Y/N, no using your quirk on this training!"

Izuku: And so began our ten months of hell.

yDave: "LET'S SPEED IT UP WITH A MONTAGE!!"

On the first scene, we see Izuku pulling a bunch of old lockers, while Y/N is carrying a stack of tires on his back.

On the second scene, the two boys are seen jogging on the beach.

On the third scene, while Izuku is pushing a stack of tires, Y/N is seen doing push-ups with skeleton All Might on his back.

On the fourth scene, Izuku and Y/N are showing Inko two papers with the diet that they're doing, but Y/N's paper mostly said 'MEAT!!' in a lot of parts.

On the fifth scene, the boys are running at night.

On the sixth scene, Izuku is pushing an old, rusty truck. Meanwhile, All Might was throwing Y/N as far as he could into the ocean, making Y/N swim back to shore, just to get thrown back once more by All Might, moments later, a group of girls began fangirling over All Might.

On the seventh scene, Y/N is seen punching a broken truck as hard as he can.

On the last seen, Izuku is seen walking with All Might on his back. While Y/N was carrying 2 fridges on his back.

Izuku and Y/N were running while each was carrying a safe. Izuku falls to the ground due to the tiredness.

All Might: "Hey, hey, what's wrong, young Midoriya? There are only three months left! You won't make it! Wanna give up? Wanna take it easy and rest today?"

Izuku tried getting up, but his body refused.

Y/N: "Overwork."

All Might: "The 'Aim to Pass: American Dream Plan' was adjusted with your body in mind to make sure you'd make it in time for the entrance exam... You haven't been sticking to the plan, have you?"

Y/N: "Oh...! No wonder your room smells so bad!"

All Might: "Don't you want to get in?"

Izuku: "I do... But I can't just get in... I have to work a lot more than other people...or I won't be able to catch up... I want to be like you. I want to become the greatest hero, like you!"

Y/N and All Might looked surprised. All Might went into his muscle form as he picks Izuku up.

All Might: "You go-better fanboy! I like that! But if that's the case, then you really can't rush things now. But I understand your feelings. Leave it to this old guy to adjust your plan!"

Izuku: "You're not old... All Might."

 February 26

Izuku: And then, it was 6 a.m on the day of the entrance exam. All Might was getting out of his car, when he heard two very very manly screams. Izuku and Y/N yelled at the top of their lungs as they finished cleaning the beach.

All Might: "Hey, hey, hey... They even cleaned outisde of where I told them to! Seriously?! There's not even a speck of dust left! Seriously?! They finished on the last minute! More than perfectly! Oh my... Oh my..."

All Might turned into his muscle form before completing his sentence.

All Might: "...GOODNESS!!!"

Izuku is falls off the mountain of trash as All Might saves him before he hits the ground. Y/N jumped down and stood besides All Might.

All Might: "Good work, you two."

Izuku: "All Might... We did it... We did it!"

All Might: "Yeah, you surprised me, you entertainers! Teenagers are amazing!" All Might put Izuku down and slapped Y/N's back, who winced in pain.

Y/N: "Agh! Sunburn!"

All Might: "Oops. My bad. But, here, take a look." All Might shows a picture of Izuku crying 10 months ago and one of Y/N as flat as a pancake.

Izuku: "This is..."

Y/N: "...A terrible picture that doesn't show my thiccness."

All Might: "NO!! It's you, ten months ago. You did good. Both of you."

(Ignore the Straw Hat.)

All Might: "The mirage of it is finally just barely visible... but you have certainly become a suitable vessel!"

Izuku: "I feel like I'm cheating..."

All Might: "Hm?"

Izuku: "You did all this for us... And I've had Y/N by my side through it all... I'm too blessed..." Izuku said as tears began coming out of his eyes.

Y/N placed a hand in Izuku's head, making Izuku look at him.

Y/N: "Come on... What are you talking about? All of this was your own hard work. You did great." He said with a smile.

All Might: "Hehehehe. We'll have to fix those leaky eyes of yours. Now, it's time for the award ceremony, Izuku Midoriya!"

Izuku: "Yes, sir!"

All Might plucked out a strand of hair.

All Might: "This is something I was once told. 'Something that you receive because you're lucky and something that you are given because you are recognized are different in essence.' Take that to heart. This is the power that you earned because of your own effort.
Eat this."

Izuku: "Huh?"

Y/N: "Eh?"

All Might: "It doesn't really matter what it is as long as you take in my DNA."

Izuku: "It's too different from what I imagined!"

Y/N: "I mean, I guess it beats having to eat a demon finger, getting a demon sealed inside of you, or having to eat something like a horrible fruit that takes away your ability to swim."

All Might and Izuku looked at Y/N with confusion for a few moments, before going back.

All Might: "Now, there's no time! You'll be late for the exam! Eat, Eat, EEEAAAATTT!!!"

Izuku: "AAAAHHHH!!!"

8:20 a.m. The Same Day

The boys were ready to head to U.A. The two were at the door of the Midoriya household.

Izuku: "We're off, mom!"

Y/N: "Bye, Inko!!"

Inko: "Good luck to the two of you! And Y/N?"

Y/N: "Yeah?"

Inko: "Well I couldn't help but noticed how much your skin got burned, even though I constantly reminded you to put on some sunscreen." Inko frowned with her hands on her hips.

Y/N: "I-I'm sorry..." Y/N replied nervously, while bowing to Inko. Suddenly, he felt something get place on his head.

Inko: "It's not much, and it was quite old when I found it, but I fixed it up just for you."

Y/N looked upwards and saw a Straw Hat on his head. It felt...right.

Izuku: "It looks great, Y/N! No homo."

Y/N: "Whoa! Seriously?! You did this just for me?!"

Inko: "Of course! Do you like it?"

Y/N: "I love it! I'll take good care of it! I promise!"

Inko: "Good luck to the two of you! I love you!"

Izuku/(Y/N): "Love you too mom/Inko!!" They waved goodbye.

8:40 Same Day

The two boys made it to U.A.

Y/N: "So... how do we know if it worked?"

Izuku: "I don't know... In the end, I didn't have time to test out the power I received from All Might. I swallowed the hair, but did I really receive his power...?" He cringed at the memory of eating ALL Might's hair.

Bakugo: "Out of my way, Idiots!"

Izuku: "Kacchan!"

Y/N: "Bakugo."

Bakugo: "Don't stand in front of me. I'll kill you."

Y/N: "Huh?! You think we're afraid of you or something?! Come on boy, square up! I'll kick your ass!" Y/N yelled comically angry while raising his fists. But Bakugo ignored him and kept on walking.

Izuku: "Now that I think of it, ever since the slude monster incident, Kacchan didn't do anything to me."

Y/N: "Hmmm. I guess you're right. Anyways, we're here, so you know what that means, right?"

Izuku: "Right! The first step...to being a hero!" He took one step and tripped.

Izuku: "This is it!"

Y/N: "You had one job!"

Before Izuku could fall, he was stopped by a girl holding him by his bag.

Uraraka: "Are you all right?" The girl carefully placed Izuku back on his feet.

Uraraka: "It's my Quirk. Sorry for using it without asking first. But it'd be bad luck if you fell, right?"

Y/N: "Right. Thanks for saving him."

Uraraka: "Aren't you guys nervous?"

Y/N: "I'm actually excited! I can't wait to see what the tests are like!"

Izuku: *Blushing and sweating* "A-Ah...! U-Uh...!"

Uraraka: "Let's do our best. See ya!" She walked off.

Y/N: "Bye bye!!" He waved goodbye.

Izuku: "Did you see that, Y/N?! I talked to a girl!"

He didn't actually talk.

Y/N: "Uh... Yeaaah... Suuuure!" Izuku looked too happy and Y/N didn't want to destroy his happiness.

They went to the Exam Orientation, as they see on a stage the hero Present Mic.

Present Mic: "For all you examiners turning in, welcome to my show today! Everybody say 'hey'!"

Y/N: "HEEEYYY!!!" He yelled with his fists in the air.

Y/N was the only one to respond.

Present Mic: "That's more like it! Now, I'll present to you the rundown on the practical exam! Are you ready?! Yeah!"

Y/N: "YYEEAAHH!!"

Once again, only Y/N responded, causing him to receive a few weird glances, but he didn't care.

Present Mic: "You got it, kid!"

Izuku: "It's the Voice Hero, Present Mic! Wow...! I listen to him every week on the radio. I'm so moved! All the teachers at U.A. are pro heroes!"

Bakugo: "Shut up."

Present Mic: "As it says in the application requirements, you listeners will be conducting ten-minute mock urban battles after this! You can bring whatever you want with you. After the presentation, you'll head to the specified battle center, okay?!"

One final time, no response except for Y/N.

Y/N: "OKAY!!"

 Present Mic: "You get some extra points!"

Y/N: "Woo-hoo!"

Bakugo: "In other words, they won't let you work with your friends, huh?"

They looked at the exam tickets. Izuku and Y/N were assigned to the Battle Center B, while Bakugo was assigned to the Battle Center A.

Y/N: "Welp. Good luck, Bakugo."

Bakugo: "Shut up, extra."

Y/N: "Well, fuck you too then! >:V"

Present Mic starts to explain more and more. Suddenly, someone raises their hand.

Glasses guy: "On the printout, there are four types of villains. If that is a misprint, then U.A., the mos prominent school in Japan, should be ashamed of that foolish mistake. We examinees are here in this place because we wish to be molded into exemplary heroes. In addition, you over there with the curly hair!"

Izuku: "M-Me?" He pointed to himself.

Glasses guy: "You've been muttering this whole time. It's distracting! If you're here on a pleasure trip, then you should leave immediately!"

Izuku: "I'm sorry..." He apologized before quickly holding back Y/N, who was trying to launch himself at the Glasses guy to kill him.

Present Mic: "Okay, okay, Examinee Number 7111. Thanks for the great message. The fourth type of villain is worth zero points. That guy's an obstacle, so to speak. There's one in every battle center. An obstacle that will go crazy in narrow spaces. It's not impossible to defeat, but there's no reason to defeat it, either. I recommend that you listeners try to avoid it. That's all from me! Finally, I'll give you listeners a present, our school motto! The hero Napoleon Bonaparte once said: 'A true hero is someone who overcomes life's misfortunes.' Go beyond. Plus Ultra!"

Y/N saw Izuku really nervouces. He laughed and raised a fist towards Izuku.

Y/N: "Come on! Don't chicken out now! This is what we've been training for! For 10 months! We've got this!"

Izuku: "Y-Yeah. Yeah! You're right!" Izuku exclaimed as he fist bumped Y/N.

________________________________________________________________

yDave: "I KNOW MY WAY TO INTRODUCE THE STRAW HAT ISN'T THE MOST CREATIVE, OKAY?! BUT I JUST REALLY WANTED TO ADD IT AND I DIDN'T KNOW HOW, SO I JUST USED THE FIRST RANDOM THING THAT CAME TO MY HEAD!!

Anyways, I hope that you're enjoying the story so far, even though not much has happened, yet.

Don't forget to comment and vote :)"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 7.7K 57
Picked for Todoroki Wanted by bakugou Please your family with the good boy or disappoint with the bad boy.
138K 2.6K 12
(y/n) is cute, pretty, and powerful. The only girl who's a multiple quirk yielder, makes her better than the rest. All too powerful. But, what if thi...
218 10 6
tobi yamako is japan's most prevalent vigilante, according to the HPSC's threat index. he's got a rare quirk, training from an ex-pro hero, and conne...
12K 808 27
❝ All is fair in love and war. ❞ Why didn't Midoriya Izuku never give up when everyone was against him becoming a hero? ❝ I-I love you... ❞ What was...