The Dragon Stone ↣ Riven ↢

By InnoRLx

FATE: THE WINX SAGA Rose Lindor starts her journey of becoming the fire fairy she's always wanted to be at Al... More

Prologue
01: Here's To A New Adventure
02: Fiery Feisty Fire Fairy
03: Miss suitcase
04: Are You High Right Now?
05: It's Definitely Not On My Schedule To Go Third Wheeling
06: Is My Face What Heaven Looks Like To You?
07: Yes, Hit Me
09: Are You Into Me?
10: I Did Miss You
11: Where's The Fire At?
12: You Seem Like A Nice Person
13: Don't Worry About It
14: I Get It, He's Hot
15: Come On, Live A Little
16: Consider Me Impressed
17: Creeping In The Dark Doesn't Look Good On You
18: Is That All You've Got?
19: I Would Never Turn You Away
20: You Almost Burned Me!
21: You Could Use A Little Distraction
22: He's Bad News
23: You Can Stay Here
24: Back Off
25: I'm No Good For You
26: We're The Winx
27: Does It Still Hurt?
28: No Way In Hell
29: Control Is Overrated Anyway
30: Roommate swap?
31: That's What Friends Are For
32: Remembering That I Love You Is Enough

08: Girls Aren't Really My Thing

1.3K 30 21
By InnoRLx

''Another human cloud to bring you down''

As soon as Rose stepped out of her dorm, she was met with a crowded hallway. Students were rushing off into various directions, some chatting fervently while others had their nose buried in books. It was the end of the trimester and today, the exams were taking place which resulted in a chaotic and tense atmosphere in the school.

'Don't let it affect you.', Rose whispered to herself as she took a deep breath.

She made her way over to the cafeteria to start her day off with breakfast, like she normally would. Just as she expected, the cafeteria was quite empty, as most students were either at the library, at their dorm or running around nervously trying to prepare themselves for the exams.

To her surprise, Rose spotted Aisha at one of the tables. She decided to first make her way over to the breakfast buffet before taking a seat next to her. 

'Good morning!', Rose greeted as she sat down. 'You don't look stressed at all.', she observed as she took in Aisha's appearance.

Aisha let out a chuckle in return. 'That's because I didn't start preparing last minute.', she began, 'I've been preparing for three weeks now and I feel ready.'

Rose wished she shared Aisha's confidence, but between exploring the school grounds, having fun with her friends and the extra control lessons, she hadn't spent as much time on studying as she normally would have done. 'I wish that applied to me as well, but unfortunately, I belong in the first category of students.', she said as she let out a sigh.

'Don't worry, you'll be fine. You've attended all classes and your weird interest in the history of fire magic should come in handy too.', Aisha stated reassuringly as she nudged Rose's shoulder with her own.

Aisha's encouraging words had slightly calmed her nerves and she chuckled in return. Even though Rose disagreed with her interest being weird, she was glad for Aisha's presence. It made her think of the other girls she was sharing a dorm with. At the moment, they were all getting along and to Rose, they were a real support. Her time at Alfea wouldn't be the same without them. As she was thinking about this, an idea popped into her head.

'You know what, I think we deserve a little fun after taking the exams.', Rose remarked as she took out her phone. 'I'm going to text the others.'

The other girls seemed to agree, and they decided to go out for dinner as a celebration to making it through their first trimester at Alfea. Planning something fun with her friends had taken her mind off the task at hand but now it was time for Rose to ace that exam.

-

Rose put her pen down after answering the last question and quietly made her way out of the classroom as to not disturb the students who were still going at it. As she closed the door behind her, she let out a sigh of relief and she wasn't the only one who was glad it was over. The students around her  seemed more relaxed too and the atmosphere in the school had turned back to normal. She decided to go back to her dorm but on her way over, someone called her name.

'Hey Rose, wait up!', he shouted.

Rose turned around to see that it was Dane. 'Hi!', she greeted him happily as he reached her. 'How did your exam go?'

'Fine, I guess, and if not, I'll worry about it when we get the results back.', Dane said while shrugging. 'Yours?'

'Better than expected, but you're right, there's no point in worrying about it now.', Rose replied.

'Right?', Dane chuckled.

Rose didn't mind the friendly chat but she had a feeling there was more to this conversation. Her suspicions were confirmed when she noticed a change in Dane's body language as he opened his mouth again.

'There's actually something I've been meaning to talk to you about.', he revealed as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. 'I don't mean to meddle in your life, but I know you're a nice person and I feel like I just have to say something.'

Rose didn't know what he was talking about, but his words left her with an anxious feeling. 'Out with it Dane.', she said in a stern voice while folding her arms in front of her body.

'It's just that I've noticed you've been hanging out with Riven...', he trailed off.

Does he want to know if something is going on between Riven and her? She doesn't even know if there is something going on between Riven and her. Is there something going on between Riven and her?  Could Dane be against that? Why would Dane be against it? Does Dane have a thing for her? All those questions ran through Rose's brain and as she wasn't responding, Dane spoke up again.

'It's probably not what you're thinking right now.', he rushed out. 'I can tell you're pretty, but girls aren't really my thing.', he mumbled as he blushed slightly.

Okay, so that's clear, he wasn't into her, Rose thought to herself. 'Well, thank you for the compliment, I guess. But what is it then?'

'I just think you should know, and I don't know for sure, but he is a nice guy, though he can also be an arrogant dick...', Dane just kept rambling on, not making any sense.

'Just say it already, Dane.', Rose cut him off causing Dane to let out a sigh.

'I just think you should be careful. Riven is never serious when it comes to girls, he enjoys sleeping around too much. I wanted to tell you that in case you weren't aware.', Dane concluded with a concerned look on his face.

The information he shared with her wasn't new but Rose started to wonder if she might have shoved it back into a far corner of her mind as she did feel a little pang of disappointment. The warning, however, wasn't the first one she had received.

'You too?', Rose grumbled while waving her hands in the air. 'Musa has been up my butt for the last few weeks telling me to keep my distance from him as he has a bad vibe around him.', she air quoted the last part.

'Well, Musa is a mind fairy, so she probably has her reasons. Look, I don't want to trash talk him, he is my friend, but last year he used to treat girls like shit. Every interaction was like a game.', Dane responded, his voice soft with a sad undertone.

It made Rose think. It's not like Riven and her hung out on a daily basis. They had had lunch together a few times and she would visit the specialists training area with Bloom from time to time but it was still just the same little cheeky remarks. Nothing had really happened. However, Rose knew deep down that she had gotten her hopes up that something more could be there, especially after their sparring session a few weeks ago.

Even though his words left her with a confused feeling, she forced a smile onto her face. 'Thank you for telling me, Dane. I appreciate it. You don't have to worry though, we're not really hanging out, we just talk from time to time, that's it.', Rose explained trying to sound as convincing as possible.

She noticed the sceptical look on Dane's face but as he opened his mouth to say something, Rose quickly cast her eyes down at the ground and prayed he was not going to lecture her any further. He seemed to read her body language as he refrained from saying anything more about the subject.

'Yeah, of course, no problem.', he replied before they parted ways and Rose continued her way over to her dorm.

-

'Thanks, dad.' Rose could hear Terra say to her father as she closed the car door. Terra's father was professor Harvey and he had offered to drop the girls off at the restaurant. The restaurant was a cute little cottage surrounded by trees and with vines sneaking up the side of the building. The windows were round with curtains hanging on both sides, tied back with rope. A short flight of stairs led up to the restaurant and a welcome sign was hung on the door. As she walked up the stairs, Rose's mind wandered off again to the conversation she had had with Dane, causing her to miss a step. She let out a shriek while trying to stabilize herself and was lucky that Musa caught her arm, preventing her from falling face first onto the floor.

'What has gotten into you?', Musa questioned in a low voice as the others walked in front of them.

Rose knew Musa was using her magic to read her but she played dumb anyway. 'What do you mean?', she mumbled back while trying her hardest to sound like nothing was wrong.

'Something is clearly bothering you. And don't even try to lie to me, I can sense it.', Musa warned.

Rose sighed in return. She wasn't in the mood to discuss the confusing feelings she had towards Riven and the warning she had received from Dane, so she decided to be honest about that. 'you're right but I just don't feel like talking about it right now. Is that okay?', She asked Musa with pleading eyes.

'Well, if you're sure about it. But just know that I'm here for you, we all are.', Musa assured her as she sent Rose a soft smile. 'Think you can get your mind off of it while enjoying a celebratory dinner with your friends?', she added as she softly squeezed Rose's hand.

Knowing that her friends were there to support her if needed, caused the negative feelings to disappear. 'I can do that.', Rose said as she returned the smile.

'So, listen up.', Stella started as they were all seated and had received their drinks. 'The seniors are throwing a party tonight and the schoolboard isn't involved in the planning, which means there will be alcohol. I say we should let loose tonight. We deserve it.', she grinned.

  'I'm not sure, Stella. As I remember correctly, the last party we attended put you in a bad mood.', Terra remarked.

Rose realised Terra was referring to the whole love triangle thing and she was glad everything had worked out eventually. Feuting roommates would not have been fun.

'No, it didn't!', Stella protested as she glanced at Bloom. 'The problem you are referring to has been solved.'

'How? By Brandon?', Aisha butted in, causing everyone to let out a laugh.

'Well, yes. As I've realised Brandon is a much better boyfriend than Sky ever was, I've decided to let the matter go.', Stella began before glancing at Bloom. 'No offense, Bloom.', she added while throwing her a fake smile, causing the latter to roll her eyes in return.

'It would be a memorable way to end the trimester.', Musa chimed in as she seemed to be thinking it over.

'Yes, it definitely would be.', Stella said excitedly. 'So, it's decided, then?', she questioned while looking around the table.

As everyone nodded in agreement, Stella raised her glass. 'To a memorable night with my friends and to the second trimester being just as good as the first.', she exclaimed as they all cheered.

After the main course had been served, they were waiting for dessert and Rose decided to use that time for a quick visit to the bathroom. The bathroom equalled the charming look of the restaurant with soft, pink-coloured walls, an antique looking wash table and a soap dish on top of it filled with various little pastel-coloured soaps.

As Rose was washing her hands, her phone went off, signalling that she had gotten a text.

Riven: Rosalie

Seeing his name appear on her screen caused a fluttering feeling in her stomach, Dane's warning already forgotten. Rose decided to wait and see what he was texting her about before she texted back but she didn't have to wait long.

Riven: Party tonight. Come with me?

It was the first time Riven had actually asked her to do something together and his text caused a wave of happiness to wash over her. That wave quickly vanished though, as she realised she had to turn down his offer.

Rose: I'm already going with the girls. Can I meet you there?

Riven: Are you sure? I can guarantee you that I am more fun than all of your roommates combined.

Rose could already picture the smug grin on Riven's  face as he had been typing that message.

Rose: Guess you're just going to have to show me when I see you there.

Riven: Don't worry, I will. See you tonight 😘.

Reading his text almost made Rose let out a scream in excitement but she managed to get a hold on herself as Dane's warning came crashing back in.

Letting out a sigh of frustration, she took a look in the mirror and examined herself. Stressing about the exam had ruined her good night's rest and it hadn't done a lot of good to her appearance. She rubbed her face with her hands, trying to look a little more alive, before making her way back.

As she almost reached the table, someone stumbled into her. 'Oh, goodness, I'm sorry.', the person said before turning to her.

It was a girl, but she looked rather mysterious as she was wearing a black cloak. Her eyes were really dark, almost black, and something seemed off about them. Rose guessed she was about her age, maybe a little older.

'That's okay.', Rose responded while showing a smile.

As she tried to walk away, the girl grabbed her wrist. 'You're Rose?', she questioned.

Rose was taken aback by her sudden action and was curious as to why this girl knew her name. She was sure she had never seen her before.

'Yes, I am.', Rose mumbled as she pried her wrist out of the girls hold which wasn't an easy task.

'Hmm, funny.', the mysterious girl started while letting her eyes scan over Rose. 'I don't see any jewellery.'

This girl was giving Rose the creeps and she decided it was best to get away from her as quickly as possible. She ignored the girls remark and shoved past her while mumbling a soft 'Excuse me.'

The encounter hadn't gone unnoticed by her friends, and they threw questioning looks at her as she sat back down at the table.

'Who was that?', Terra asked while raising an eyebrow.

'No idea.', Rose started 'But she seemed to know me. She knew my name and she said something about jewellery. It was weird really.'

'Hmm, strange. I sensed her as soon as she entered the restaurant. I couldn't really distinguish any sort of emotion and her vibe was off.', Musa informed them.

Rose was trying to process the information at the same time she was trying to spot the mysterious girl again but she was nowhere in sight. Before she could give it anymore thought, Aisha spoke up.

'Let's just finish dessert and get out of here quickly.', the water fairy said as she picked up her spoon and dug into her ice cream.

***

~ Adding a little mystery = ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 8.7K 90
She was the perfect child, second inline for the throne, until she wasn't. The burned ones aren't the only threat Alfea faces, irreversible damage c...
169K 3.2K 61
「 riven x f!oc 」 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, faye silva starts her first year at alfea college training to be a specialist. she finds herself becoming close w...
77.4K 1.4K 22
Demetrie returns to the place she grew up in, Alfea College. In this place, she never felt like anyone cared. When Demetrie returns, she eventually f...
716K 13.7K 37
✩𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎✩ Clove, a first year fairy at Alfea academy. With being a rare fairy and new dangers arising...