Tragedy ✧ John Murphy

By SuperWalkingThrones

Julia Blake wasn't supposed to be born. Ninety-seven years ago there was a nuclear apocalypse on Earth. All... More

• Act 1 •
• Prologue •
• Chapter 1 •
• Chapter 2 •
• Chapter 3 •
• Chapter 4 •
• Chapter 5 •
• Chapter 6 •
• Chapter 7 •
• Chapter 8 •
• Chapter 9 •
• Chapter 10 •
• Chapter 11 •
• Chapter 12 •
• Chapter 13 •
• Chapter 14 •
• Chapter 15 •
• Chapter 16 •
• Chapter 17 •
• Chapter 18 •
• Chapter 19 •
• Chapter 20 •
• Chapter 21 •
• Chapter 22 •
• Chapter 23 •
• Chapter 24 •
• Chapter 25 •
• Chapter 26 •
• Act 2 •
• Chapter 27 •
• Chapter 28 •
• Chapter 29 •
• Chapter 30 •
• Chapter 31 •
• Chapter 32 •

• Chapter 33 •

927 24 2
By SuperWalkingThrones

Third Person's POV

Bellamy and the others were nearing Camp Jaha when Julia regained consciousness. The first thing she noticed was the intense pain in her side, although it wasn't a blinding pain like it was when she had passed out. Then she opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was Bellamy. From the angle and from the consistent motion she felt, she knew he was carrying her.

"Bellamy..." Julia spoke, her voice weaker than she expected, alerting the others that she was awake. "Jules, hey," Bellamy looked down at her, relief clear in his voice.

"What's going on? What happened?" Julia asked, confused. The last thing she remembered was the rope buckle coming undone and Finn, Monroe, and Murphy trying to save Bellamy and Mel when grounders started attacking them.

"Your stitches ripped open. You passed out." Julia had been expecting Bellamy to answer her question and was surprised when a different, familiar voice answered her.

Julia moved her head to the side, towards where the voice had come from. And sure enough, walking alongside them was her older sister.

"Octavia!" Julia said, a smile growing on her face. She had hated not knowing her sister's fate after the war with the grounders, so she was quite relieved and happy to see her back with them, safe.

"Hey, sis." Octavia spoke in a soft tone as she placed a hand on the top of Julia's head affectionately. Julia moved her hand with the intention of holding Octavia's hand, but paused her motion as soon as her hand was in her sight. It was covered in dried blood. This caused her to think back to what Octavia had said.

"You're taking me back to Camp Jaha, aren't you?" Julia asked, looking up at her brother who nodded. "Octavia made a makeshift bandage for you that has helped slow the blood flow for now, but we need Dr. Griffin to restitch and re-bandage you. You lost a lot of blood when you were stabbed and you've lost even more now. We need to get to Camp Jaha as soon as possible. But I promise, I'm not going to let anything else bad happen to you."

"What about Clarke and the others?" Julia questioned. She knew Camp Jaha was the exact opposite direction than the grounder's camp and if they were focusing on taking her there, that meant they weren't focusing on saving her friends.

Bellamy let out a chuckle of disbelief. He had basically just told her that she was in danger of bleeding out and her first thought was about her friends. He didn't know why he would expect any different, it was a very Julia Blake reaction.

"Finn and Murphy are heading to the grounder's camp. I'm going to head to meet up with them as soon as I get you to Camp Jaha and know you'll be all right." Bellamy paused for a moment as Julia's mind started racing, worries about Finn and Murphy filling her thoughts.

"Finn was going to go alone but Murphy volunteered to go with him. He said he'd probably get locked back up if he came with us and that you wouldn't be happy with him if he let Finn go alone." Bellamy explained to her.

"Well, he's not entirely wrong." Julia said, but Bellamy could see that she was worrying about both of them.

He was going to respond, but that's when they reached Camp Jaha's gates. The guards, seeing who it was, opened the gates and the group walked through them. Guards gathered around them as they confiscated all their weapons.

"I need Dr. Griffin." Bellamy told a guard who nodded over towards where Abby was approaching them. She immediately noticed Julia in Bellamy's arms, covered in blood and sped up her pace.

"What happened to her?" Abby questioned Bellamy as she stopped in front of him. "Her bandage came off and her stitches ripped open. She's lost quite a bit of blood."

That's when Abby noticed for the first time that Julia was conscious. "Hey, I'm gonna get you patched up. Don't worry." She told the younger girl before motioning a guard over.

"Take her to medical. Get Dr. Jackson to start an evaluation. I'll be there close behind you." Abby instructed the guard who nodded in confirmation. He held out his arms and Bellamy transferred his sister into them.

The guard left, carrying Julia to the medical wing, and  Bellamy and Octavia were going to follow him but Abby stopped them.

"Wait. I know her," Abby looked towards Mel, "she's from Factory Station. Where are the others?"

"There are no others." Mel answered. "Found her a day from here. No survivors. Lots of supplies." Bellamy elaborated.

Abby nodded before motioning for Mel and Monroe to follow her. "Come on. Let's get to medical." Then the three of them walked off.

Bellamy and Octavia were about to follow, wanting to be with their sister, but were interrupted when a blonde ran up and slammed against Bellamy in a fierce hug. It took Bellamy a moment to process that the person clutching onto him was, in fact, Clarke. When he did, he returned the hug just as tightly.

"Now, there's something I thought I'd never see." Octavia commented with a surprised smile.

Clarke and Bellamy hugged for another long couple moments before she pulled back and turned to give Octavia a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay," Octavia spoke before Clarke pulled back as Raven walked up to them. "You too."

That's when Clarke noticed the dried blood on Bellamy and Octavia's hands as well as covering Bellamy's shirt. She instinctively moved and clutched part of Bellamy's shirt in her hand.

"Bellamy, are you hurt?" Clarke asked, worried for the man in front of her. Bellamy realized Clarke must not have seen him enter with Julia in his arms, so he explained. "No, Julia is. During the war with the grounders, she got stabbed. And her stitches got ripped open, so she lost a lot of blood."

"Oh, God." Clarke glanced downwards and took a moment to process this before looking back up at Bellamy when he spoke. "How many are with you?"

"None," Clarke answered before she glanced around, noticing the person she was looking for wasn't with them. "Where's Finn?"

"Looking for you."

~~~

Julia winced as Dr. Griffin finished restitching her stab wound. "Gotta say, Doc, I'm getting a real sense of déjà-vu here. I was hoping not to see you for this reason again... ever." Julia spoke with a joking tone, trying to hide her pain and how weak she was feeling, but Abby could tell how worn out she was.

"Well, let's hope this is the last time." Abby said as she started bandaging her up.

"Definitely," Julia agreed as Abby finished applying the bandage to the wound.

"It was a mistake to let you go last time. You needed to get rest to heal back then and it's even more important that you do it now." Abby told Julia, who nodded in understanding. Then Abby left the room, Octavia entering it as soon as she left.

"Tavia," Julia smiled in greeting as she repositioned to sit up a little bit.

"Hey, Jules. You all stitched back up?" Octavia asked as she sat down in the chair next to Julia.

"Yep. For the second time." Julia answered and Octavia's lips curved into a small smile. "Good. You had me scared there for a bit."

"Sorry." Julia gave her a sheepish look, her expression causing Octavia to let out a quiet chuckle.

It was quiet between them for a short, comfortable moment before Julia spoke up again. "What happened after that night, Octavia? Bellamy told me you were hurt and he sent you away with Lincoln."

~~~

The sisters spent the next half an hour exchanging stories of their adventures after they were separated, until Bellamy and Clarke appeared in the doorway.

"O, can we talk with Julia alone for a minute?" Bellamy spoke up, gaining their attention.

"Clarke, you're here!" Julia was in shock as Octavia nodded and stood up, giving Julia's hand a squeeze before leaving the room.

"Hey, Julia." Clarke gave her a soft smile as she and Bellamy walked over to her. A grin – a pained grin, but a grin nonetheless – appeared on Julia's face, looking at Clarke, as Bellamy took the seat that Octavia had been sitting in.

Julia held out her arms and Clarke took this as a cue to give her a gentle hug. "How are you feeling?" Clarke asked her as she pulled back.

"I'm better now that you're here. Does that mean that Finn and Murphy are back? Is anyone else with you?" Julia asked, her eyes shining with hope despite the pain she was in. Clarke hesitated and shared a glance with Bellamy who decided to start filling his sister in.

"No, it's just her. The grounders weren't the ones who had her either, so Finn and Murphy are heading to the wrong place. And with the way Finn's been acting, we're worried about what he's going to do when he doesn't find them there." Bellamy explained, his heart hurting when he saw his words cause Julia's hopeful expression to die out.

"My mother has forbidden anyone from leaving camp, but we're going to do it anyway – Bellamy, Octavia, and I. Raven's going to help us sneak out." Clarke continued explaining.

"I know what you're thinking, Julia, but you can't come with us. I know you want to help, but you're in no condition to go anywhere, not after–" Julia cut Bellamy off. "I know."

Bellamy stopped talking, cocking his head to the side in confusion. He wasn't expecting her to say that.

"I'm lightheaded just sitting here talking to you guys, and my side feels like it's going to rip open anytime I move an inch. I hate that I can't come with you guys. I mean, Finn's like a brother to me and Murphy's my–" Julia cut herself off from her rambling.

She took a couple breaths before looking back at Bellamy. "I know you hate him, but please promise me you'll do your best to bring back both Finn and Murphy safely, not just Finn."

"I don't hate him. Murphy and I are complicated, and I definitely don't like him, but I don't hate him – not anymore. So, yes, I promise." Bellamy said before standing up next to Clarke.

"Thank you. Now, go. And be safe, all three of you." Julia said, looking between Bellamy and Clarke, and he nodded before he leaned down and placed a kiss on the top of her head.

"We'll see you soon." Bellamy said, pulling back. Clarke gave the girl a small smile before the two of them left the room.

Julia chewed on her lips nervously. She wished more than anything that she could go with them, but unfortunately she was in a state where all she could do was worry and wait for them to return.

So that's what she did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 5.9K 31
Based upon Season One of The 100 - - "Bellamy Blake. You're a lot of things. A rat, a janitor, a criminal, but I would have never thought you'd be a...
40.3K 756 37
~~~~~ There were more things on the earth than what the 100 originally expected. That is true. But they haven't met the desert wolf yet. The grounder...
621 15 8
(s1) a young girl with 99 other criminals gets sent down to earth to see if the planet is survivable after it's has been covered in radiation for 97...
5.6K 171 29
Jaycee is going on an intense journey through the post-apocalyptic world, where the struggle for survival becomes increasingly desperate. With the h...