From Demons to Titans

By ApollyonShirayuki

After the death of the Dark Lord, The Doom Slayer was once again sealed by the Ancient Gods. But unknown to a... More

Prologue
Chapter 01: Recruit Trainer
Chapter 02: Intense Secret
Chapter 03: Protect Trost
Chapter 04: Aftermath
Chapter 05: New Enemy
Chapter 06: Decision
Chapter 07: Traitors
Chapter 09: A new found Enemy
Chapter 10: Real Royalties
Chapter 11: Sealing a new fate
Chapter 12: Last Stand
Chapter 13: All is worth
Chapter 14: Your new allies
Chapter 15: Everything goes to Hell
Chapter 16: Rumbling is coming
Chapter Finale: Until it is done

Chapter 08: Endure while you can

2.2K 103 37
By ApollyonShirayuki

Author's POV

It's been 3 hours after the Armor Titan escape with Eren. The remaining Scouts are on top of the wall, still recovering.

Connie is sitting on the edge, still can't accept the fact that Reiner and Bertolt are the traitors.

Connie: "You guys are kidding right? Reiner and Bertolt aren't the Armor and Colossal Titan."

Y/n: "The fact is already punching you in the face and yet you still refuse."

Connie: "But we've known the two of them since we were all cadets!"

Y/n: "But you don't know them before you were all Cadets. All of you were strangers."

Connie: "Captain, did you know that they're going to betray?"

Y/n: "Yes."

Connie: "W-What are you going to do with them if we captured them?"

Y/n: "Depends on them. If they want to live or die. And I'll make sure that they'll die as painful as possible."

Krista: "Captain, your going to save Ymir too, right?"

Y/n: "Depends on her if she wanted to be saved."

Y/n walk towards the other Scouts that's still recovering from the explosion. He then walk towards Mikasa and she's still unconscious.

Armin: "Captain.... What if Reiner and Bertolt were able to convince Eren to join them. What are you going to do?"

Y/n: "What I do best."

Armin: "Your... really going to kill him?"

Y/n: "If he joins them, then defending him to the other Military was pointless."

Armin: "But what if we can talk to him?"

Y/n: "If your words doesn't effect on him, then go ask his Mother to reason with him. If not, then he's a lost cause."

Then Mikasa shot up while holding out her hand.

Mikasa: "No!"

They look at her as she starts to look at her surroundings.

Armin: "Mikasa, are you alright?"

Mikasa: "Armin? W-What happened?"

Y/n: "Reiner and Bertolt got away with Eren and Ymir."

Mikasa: "Did someone followed them?!"

Y/n: "No. Because the horses is at the other side of the wall and the lift isn't here. Even if you ask me to go after them, I can't run fast to go after them."

Mikasa: "How long were they gone?"

Armin: "About three hours."

Mikasa: "We need to go after them!"

Y/n: "No. You need to stay and recover for now. You were the one closest to blast, if I weren't there to protect you, you'd already be burn alive."

Scout1: "The Garrison search Party is coming!"

They look behind them and saw the Garrison regiment.

Armin: "Hannes-san?"

Hannes: "Armin, Mikasa! Thank god your okay!"

He handed them each Ration and sits down beside them.

Hannes: "You want some, Captain Y/n?"

Y/n just shakes his head and sits down on the edge of the wall.

Hannes starts to eat his Ration while Mikasa and Armin just hold theirs.

Y/n: "You two need to eat if you want to continue this mission."

Hannes: "He's right. Tastes neither good or bad. But the important thing is, it'll give you energy to keep moving."

He keeps eating his Rations until his finishes it.

Hannes: "You know, this situation is kinda familiar. Back in the day, you two are always cleans up Eren's mess. He charges at the bullies and Mikasa always comes to help him while Armin talks to him."

Mikasa: "But now, Eren's been taken away from us."

Hannes: "But that doesn't mean he won't stop fighting. Remember the time, when he pick up a fight with someone, and the bully's friends came? Eren didn't ran back. Instead, he ran towards them, even if he's all alone. I bet right now that the enemies are struggling at Eren."

Hannes looks down into his palm and then close it into a fist.

Hannes: "The things I regret in the past is I was unable to fight that Titan that's about to eat Carla, because I was a coward. I'm jealous of Eren's determination to fight the TItans, even if he's just a kid. Now I want to make amends by saving Eren at all cost. Even if I have to bet my life on it."

Mikasa/Armin: "Hannes-san...."

Armin and Mikasa starts eating their Rations. Then Erwin arrive along with some Military Police and they brought supplies with them.

Armin: "I never thought that they'd ride along the wall."

Krista: "That's probably the quickest route."

Y/n stands up and walk towards Erwin.

Erwin: "Is the situation still the same?"

Y/n: "Yeah. It's been three hours and twenty-seven minutes since they captured Eren. They can't run away until they reach to where they'll going. They'll need somewhere to rest."

Erwin: "Alright. Deploy the lifts!"

The MP and other Scouts starts deploying the lifts for the horses. Then Hanji crawl and grab Y/n's leg.

Hanji(Weak): "G-Give me a map!"

They handed her a map and pointed that they will be resting in the Forest with the giant trees.

Armin: "I'm sure with Reiner's injuries from the Captain and Eren, that's the only safe place they can rest from the other Titans."

Hanji: "And considering that they're still within Wall Maria, they need to make out of the wall to make a full escape."

Y/n: "Even if the Armor Titan can climb up to the Wall, there's no guarantee for them that Eren won't fight."

Hanji: "So they'll be heading to Shiganshina to escape. We only have one chance on this, so make it count."

Everyone starts getting their gear ready while Y/n walk on the inner edge of the wall.

Krista: "Captain, what are you doing?"

Y/n didn't reply and just put two fingers into his mouth and whistle for his horse.

Connie: "Captain, I don't think your horse can hear you from above he-"

He was cut off when they saw Armstrong running towards them, leaving a smoke trail.

Y/n: "Lower the lift, bring him up."

Scout: "Yes, Sir!"

The Scout starts to lower the lift as Connie and the others were left speechless. After that, Armstrong is now on top of the wall as Y/n pets him.

Erwin and the other Scouts gets down on the wall and rode their horse. Y/n climb on Armstrong and he jump off the wall and went to follow the others.

Time Skip brought to you by

Mikasa's POV

We can see the Forest of the Giant tree and the Armor Titan's footsteps stops there. Then we the Right wing spotted Titans and fired a red smoke signal.

Erwin: "Don't change direction! Y/n!"

The Captain went to the right wing to deal with the Titans.

Erwin: "We only have until Sunset to get them! Full acceleration!"

He fired a Green flare to signal everyone to go straight ahead with full speed. We then spotted more red signals on both right and left wings.

Scout1: "Commander! We're surrounded!"

Scout2: "Captain Y/n can't deal the Titans on both left and right at the same time!"

Erwin: "We'll force our way through! The enemies already spotted our signals. And if we make more detours, we'll be too late! All Scouts! Prepare for battle!"

We arrive to the giant trees and I switch into my ODM gear and starts killing Titans while still going forward.

As we continue heading forward, we spotted a thunder strike and a light deep within the forest.

Armin: "Straight to the forest! Someone transform into a Titan!"

The others starts using the ODM to search where Eren is. Then we heard a roar that I'm not familiar with.

Scout1: "Was that a Titan scream!?"

Scout2: "It's coming from straight ahead!"

We saw a Titan on top of the tree. I fly towards it with my blades, ready it kill it.

Connie: "Mikasa wait! That's Ymir's Titan!"

He landed beside Ymir.

Connie: "Hey, Ymir! Where's Eren, Reiner and Bertolt?!"

Ymir just ignores her and looks around.

Jean: "Did she fight Reiner and got away?!"

Sasha: "Say something, Ymir!"

Connie: "Hey come on! Talk already!"

He jumps on Ymir's head, kicking it but she still ignores him.

Armin: "Is she.... keeping an eye out for Reiner? Something's not right."

Krista: "Ymir!"

Ymir immediately look towards Krista's direction.

Krista: "I'm so glad your alright!"

All of the sudden, Ymir leap towards her with her mouth open and ate Krista whole.

Sasha(Shock): "N-No way."

Connie(Shock): "S-She..."

Jean(Shock): "She ate Krista?!"

Ymir starts to leap from tree to tree, away from us."

Mikasa: "Stop her!"

We went to go after Ymir, but she's fast than any other Titans. Then in front of us, another bright light and we saw the Armored Titan.

Jean: "There they are!"

Mikasa: "Eren!"

Ymir landed on the Armor Titan's back as he starts to run. We were about to go after them, but they manage to get out of the forest, making our ODM useless to pursue them.

Hannes: "Everyone! Get down here!"

We look down and saw Hannes-san along with the other Garrison with our horses. We fly down to the horses and continue to follow the Armor Titan.

We look to the right side and saw Captain Y/n being chased by at least 10 Titans.

Sasha: "It's Captain!"

The Titans were catching up to the Captain, trying to grab him. The Captain brought out his blades and starts swinging it like a whip, severing the Titan's limbs each hit.

We continue to chase the Armor Titan and we saw Ymir spits out Krista and she came out of her Titan's nape to talk to Krista.

Hannes: "Come on! Pick up the pace!"

We were close to the Armor Titan and everyone gets their gear ready.

Hannes: "Let's go!"

He used his ODM to grapple towards the Armor Titan, attempting to cut it's leg. But his blade shattered when it contact to the armor.

Soon, the rest of the Scouts and Garrison used their gear to get to Eren. One of the Scouts was about to catch Eren, but Ymir grabs his wire and throws him away.

I grapple myself towards Ymir and slice her eye. I then went after Bertolt and he use his gear to get under Reiner's chin.

Bertolt: "Reiner! Protect us!"

The Armor Titan use his hands to cover them from me. Ymir was about to catch me, but I jump away from her.

Mikasa(Mind): "Looks like I have to kill her first!"

I was about to slice her other eye, but Krista went in between us.

Krista: "Mikasa, stop!"

I immediately grapple to the Armor Titan's head, nearly missing her.

Krista: "Please don't kill Ymir!"

Mikasa: "Depends on her! If she's helping them, she dies! If the Captain is here, he won't hesitate to kill her!"

Krista: "Ymir will be killed if she doesn't do what Reiner and Bertolt say!"

Mikasa: "A lot of people already died just from getting here! So you better choose, Ymir! You die for the traitors, or you fight for us?!"

Ymir just look at Mikasa before looking down. Then Connie, Sasha, Jean and Armin grapple in front of the Armor Titan, trying to talk Bertolt out of it.

As they were trying to reason to Bertolt, we heard Ymir's Titan scream.

Krista: "Ymir!"

We look back and saw her fall off the Armor Titan's back.

Connie: "What the?!"

Armin: "It's Captain!"

We saw the Captain pulled Titan Ymir off of the Armor Titan and just drags her.

Krista: "Captain please! Don't kill Ymir!"

Y/n: "Is she an enemy or not?"

Krista: "Ymir and Bertolt is forcing her to this or else they'll kill her!"

Author's POV

Y/n look back at Ymir and saw her getting out of her Titan.

Krista: "Ymir please! Don't fight! And stop all this! I just want to protect you!"

Ymir look at Y/n and nodded at him. Y/n pulled the Titan Corpse towards him to get close to Ymir. Once the corpse was close enough, she jumps towards Armstrong and sits beside Y/n.

Y/n: "What are they planning on Eren?"

Ymir: "They said that they needed Eren's power to control all the Titans! I'm not sure what exactly they're talking about, but they said that someone is waiting for them outside of the walls."

Scouts1: "Titans incoming!"

They look in front of them and saw Erwin along with the other MP and Scouts, luring the Titans.

Hannes: "Everyone! Get out of there!"

They all fly away from the Armor and went back to their horses.

Erwin: "All soldiers disperse! Get away from the Titans as possible!"

Everyone clear out of the way as the Armor tackled all the Titans in front of him, sending them flying. But a 7-meter Titan was able to grab the Armors leg, tripping him. Then the rest of the Titans starts to grab the Armor Titan, preventing it from moving.

Y/n jump off of Armstrong and charge towards the Armor Titan. Ymir grab Armstrong strap and followed Y/n.

Krista: "Ymir!"

She sat behind Ymir as they went to follow Y/n.

Erwin: "Follow Y/n! We need to assist him in recovering Eren!"

He starts to follow Y/n and soon after, the rest of the soldiers as well. The Armor Titan couldn't fight the other Titans off of him, so her release his protection on Bertolt to fight.

Jean: "It work! His hand is off!"

Mikasa: "This is our chance!"

More and more Titans were surrounding the Armor, but some of the Titans noticed them approaching. 

Y/n tackled one of the Titan and use it to swat the other Titans away.

Erwin: "Advance! Y/n is clearing a path!"

All of the sudden, an abnormal Titan bit Erwin's arm, dragging him off.

Scout: "Commander Erwin!"

Erwin: "Advance! Eren in just in front of you!"

Even though that a Titan bit his arm off, he still continue to encourage them. The Soldiers charge with their battle cry, fighting the Titans even if they die trying.

Mikasa dodge every Titans on her way until she reaches to the Armor Titan. Once she was close, Bertolt noticed her and dodge her blade at the last second.

Eren tried to warn Mikasa but the cloth on his mouth is preventing him to speak.

Y/n: "Mikasa behind you!"

She turns around and saw a Titan grabs her, breaking some of her ribs.

Y/n leap to the Titan and cut it's arm, freeing Mikasa. He then grab the Titan's arm and throw it towards Bertolt, but the Armor Titan was about to catch it.

More Titan tackles the Armor, but he keeps fending them off. Y/n called for Armstrong and carried Mikasa. Once Armstrong arrive, Y/n toss Mikasa towards Ymir and Krista and caught her.

Y/n: "Get out of here!"

Mikasa: "We can't leave Eren!"

Y/n: "I will handle Eren! Your too injured to fight! Now go!"

Armstrong starts to run on the opposite direction as Y/n continues to kill more Titans. He then spotted Armin grapple on the Armor's head.

Armin: "Are you two alright with this?! Your both returning home without your comrade?"

That made Bertolt shock as well as Reiner.

Armin: "Your both abandoning Annie? Right now, she in the Underground, being tortured."

Bertolt(Shock): "Y-Your lying!"

Armin: "It was Captain Y/n who caught her and put her Underground. So even if she transform, she's going nowhere. I even saw the Captain torture her, beating her with his own hands until her face can't be recognize anymore and even cutting her arms off."

Bertolt: "YOU SPAWN OF DEVILS! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"

He was about to fly towards Armin, but Erwin quickly appeared under him, cutting his torso as well as the rope that Eren was strap on.

Jean caught Eren and went back to his horse.

Erwin: "All soldiers! Retreat!"

Everyone didn't hesitate and starts riding away from the Titans and the Armor. Y/n on the other hand is walking towards the Armor with a murderous intent as he gets his blade ready.

The Armor stars throwing Titans towards everyone, blocking their path or at least one of those Titans will eat Eren so they can take that person back with them.

As the Armor keeps tossing the Titans, Bertolt is now fully healed and saw Y/n approaching them.

Bertolt: "R-Reiner! It's the Captain!"

The Armor throws a Titan towards Y/n, but he completely cut it in half, as he dash towards the Armor Titan. Y/n shoots his grapple towards Bertolt, nearly missing him.

Bertolt: "Reiner!"

The Armor grab Y/n's wire and slams him on the ground. Y/n quickly recovered from the slam and pulled his wire back, making the Armor fall.

Y/n kneed the Armor's nose, breaking it. He then thrust his hand into the Armor's eye, pulling it out, making the Armor scream in pain.

Y/n look towards Bertolt and he was scared for his life. He used his gear to get away from Y/n, but Y/n fires his hook shot, hitting Bertolt by the shoulder and pulling him down on the ground.

Bertolt(Scared): "Reiner! Help me!"

The Armor grabs Bertolt and put him back to his shoulder. He then noticed Eren and the others are making a run for it and he starts chasing them.

Eren: "Get away from me! Or I'll kill you!"

Both Reiner and Bertolt along with Ymir felt something on their heads. Then the remaining Titans starts to charge towards the Armor and Bertolt, trying to devour them.

Y/n looked confuse on why the Titans is shifting their attacks on the Armor Titan instead of them.

Sasha: "Captain!"

He looks to his left and saw Sasha.

Sasha: "Commander Erwin told me to get you! Let's get out of here while the Titans are holding Reiner down!"

Y/n looks back to Reiner who's struggling fighting the Titans while protecting Bertolt. He climbs on Sasha's horse as they rode back to the wall.

Time Skip brought to you by

After everyone got back to the Walls, the Garrison tended the injuries first. They quickly brought Erwin to the Hospital to  close the wound on his arm before he loses more blood.

Mikasa was sent to the Hospital too because of the broken ribs she received. The other Garrison that took part of the rescue operation transferred to the Scout's Regiment.

Meanwhile Ymir was sent to the disciplinary cell for 5 days due to attempting treason, which she accepted the punishment.

Annie: "Captain."

He turns around and saw Annie.

Annie: "..... Did you kill Reiner and Bertolt?"

Y/n: "Did you ask that because of concern for them? Or did you ask because you just wanted to know?"

Annie: "......"

She didn't answer and just kept a straight face.

Y/n: "They're still alive. But that doesn't mean that they'll stop. I know that people like them won't go back empty handed."

Annie: "Did you talk to them, if they really want to fight?"

Y/n: "They swung their fist at me and throw a Titan at me. That was enough to prove their point that they're not willing to stand down."

Annie: "What's the plan now?"

Y/n: "Nothing yet. Erwin is still recovering, after getting his arm bitten off."

Annie: "I see....."

???(Shock): "A-Annie?!"

They turn around and saw Connie, Sasha, Krista, Jean, Eren and Armin.

Connie(Shock): "I-I thought you were with the MP?! What are you doing here?

Annie: "I'm a Scout now."

She showed them her Uniform, confirming that she's a member of the Survey Corps.

Connie: "When did you switch?"

Annie: "You don't know what happened?"

Armin: "Actually guys, she's the Female Titan."

Connie: "EEEEHHHH?!"

They explain to him about her situation on how she was captured, given a chance and became a member.

Connie: "Wait, your part of Captain Y/n's squad?!"

Sasha: "How come I didn't know that?!"

Eren: "Actually, she's the only member of the Squad."

Sasha: "Captain! Can I be a member of your squad too?!"

Y/n: "No."

Sasha: "Why not!?"

???: "I'm pretty sure that the Captain only accepts people who can turn into Titans."

They turn around and saw Petra.

Sasha: "But what about Eren?!"

Petra: "He's part of the Levi Squad, so he can't go to Captain Y/n's Squad."

Connie: "Oh man! I thought I was going to be part of the strongest squad ever!"

Armin: "By the way, have you guys seen Krista?"

Petra: "She's at the disciplinary cell, talking to Ymir."

Connie: "Those two really are inseparable."

Sasha: "By the way, did you guys know that Ymir's a Titan too?"

Connie: "No. We only discovered it when she saved us from that castle."

Annie: "Ymir's a Titan?"

Sasha: "Yeah."

Annie: "What does her Titan look like?"

Connie: "Well, it's ugly with pointy teeth and nails. And she moves fast and running with all four."

Sasha: "And she's about 6 or 7 meters, I think."

Annie: ".....I see. Thanks."

Petra: "Oh, by the way. I got a message from Captain Levi."

Y/n: "About what?"

Petra: "He said that he'll be picking new members for his squad next week, after Wall Rose declared being Titan free."

Eren: "So the Captain's really getting new members huh. What about you guys, do you wanna join?"

Connie: "If Captain Levi allowed, then I'm in!"

Sasha: "Me too!"

Jean: "If I can't join Captain Y/n's squad, then I guess I'll join Captain Levi."

Eren: "What about you, Armin?"

Armin: "I-I guess I could try."

Petra: "Then I suggest you guys better get start training."

Sasha/Connie: "Training?"

Eren: "She means cleaning."

Jean: "Training in cleaning?"

Y/n: "Levi's a clean freak. He want things to be spotless. If you want to be part of his squad, then get started. Unless you'll be part of the rear position during expeditions."

They all starts training on their cleaning, leaving Annie and Y/n.

Y/n: "I don't fully trust you, Annie. Because sooner or later, we'll be facing Reiner and Bertolt again. What are you going to do if you face them?"

Annie: "......What else? Fight them."

Y/n: "And how would I know if your willing to fight them, or at least kill them?"

Annie: "You can guarantee that I will fight them. But I'm not sure if I can kill them myself. Even though I betrayed them, I've known them for a long time during training. And if somebody's going to kill them, I was hoping that you  would do that."

Y/n: "......What are you going to do.... If they reported back to their military that you betrayed them and they're going to kill your father. And the only way to save him, is to go back with them. Are you willing to lose your kin, for us?"

Annie: "......"

Y/n: "Are you willing to lose your only family to someone you don't exactly know?"

Annie: "....Before I left, my Father said to me that he's proud of me and he's sorry for all the cruel training he's giving me. Even if the whole world is against me, he'll be always at my side. And...... he made me a promise that...... I'll return."

Y/n: "What will it be?"

Annie looks down to her hand, more specifically, to her ring.

Annie: "..... He only made me join the military when I was just a kid, so just he can live a good life. But what about me? What good life am I having from being a Titan shifter?"

Tears starts to come out of her eyes, as she takes off her ring and throw it somewhere.

Annie(Tears): "He's not even my real father! He just use me for his own benefit! He's cruel! He never said he love me, he never said he like me! He never even call me his daughter!"

She fell down on her knees as she cries. Y/n kneeled down at her and placed his hand on her head.

Y/n: "Then what exactly is you want?"

Annie(Cry): "...... I just want to live a normal life. No military, no Titans, no fighting."

Y/n: "You can only get what you want, if you fight for it, and end it."

Annie(Cry): "Then when will it end?"

Y/n: ".....When the true war, begins."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 4K 23
Many years ago, one man stood against the hordes And those who knew the bite of his blade Named him, the Doom Slayer. But he disappeared And now, it'...
5.5K 183 14
The Doom Slayer. Feared by all demon kind and favored by the Divine. He remains the eternal protector of humanity after defeating the Dark Lord he wa...
18.9K 144 11
⚠️Story not for Kids or Teens⚠️ DOOM X Taimanin Queen Milena has a mission for her beloved slayer, and that mission so happens to be going to a anoth...
640 25 18
When you look at a devil, you'd assume its foe were the angels. Not in this twisted hell of a reality. For Demon, and her father, the all-mighty rule...