Golden Orbs [TAEGI]

By stella_yoongles

"π˜›π˜©π˜¦π˜Ί 𝘴𝘒𝘺 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 π˜₯𝘦𝘷π˜ͺ𝘭 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘎𝘰𝘭π˜₯𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴." - in which Min Yoongi, a young gho... More

Prologue.
Chapter- 1. The murders on Suseong District
chapter - 2. The man on the stairs.
chapter- 3. A 'candle'light dinner.
chapter- 4. A little eccentric neighbour.
chapter- 6. Can this be called a date?
chapter- 7. Is It Taehyung?
chapter- 8. A Mistake.
chapter - 9. Goodbye.
chapter- 10. What's with this tension?
chapter- 11. Come back to me.
chapter 12. Who is he?

chapter- 5. Kang Joohyung.

230 20 3
By stella_yoongles

Yoongi has received one of those sticky notes again. This time the face drawn on the note is taking him time to figure out what exactly it indicated.

"They said the new yeer's celebration would be great. Let's go and have fun. O:)"

"What the hell is this?"

"An angel." Yoongi's one and only friend Kang Joohyung replied as he stirred his coffee.

Yoongi sent a questioning look at Joohyung's way. "That- that's an angel?"

Joohyung nodded, sipping on his coffee.

Yoongi met Joohyung one summer when he was 21 years old. Though Yoongi doubts he expected to become friends with a mental health patient that he met while volunteering.

Yoongi was simply a poor labourer, while on the other hand Kang Joohyung was a doctor with his own clinic and a manor house. Still, even though they had nothing in common, they've been friends for seven years now.

However, a lot has changed over those seven years. Yoongi's hair, weight or occupation.. so to speak. He now does the ghostwriting job that Joohyung had recommended him for.

...And Yoongi has dated 27 people, including Junhyuk, whom he broke up with somedays ago.

"What's your goal for next year?" Yoongi suddenly asked.

"Huh?"Joohyung said, arching a brow at Yoongi. "...To become an angel."

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows, confused.

"Hang on,"Joohyung continued. He placed his hand on his chin and tilted his head to a side, as if thinking something deeply. "Hm.. I won't get into heaven if I kill myself. Getting murdered would be more ideal, no?"

Yoongi, with his confused expression didn't argue about this subject any further with Joohyung, rather, he let out a deep sigh.

Joohyung hasn't changed one bit after all.

--

"I don't have any spare cash to lend you."

"Not even one hundred won?"

"Nope."

Yoongi slammed his fists on the table, sighing in defeat.

Damn it.

If he can't borrow money from Joohyung, there's no way he can escape the crime ridden slums of Suseong District. He has made up his mind to move, but his dusty safe... only contained dust and a sum of 5,000 won only. That's barely enough for rent-at the end, he'll have to keep the thought of moving away from the next door murderer at bay for quite a long time.

"This tea might smell awfully cheap, but the flavour is rather refreshing. Don't you agree?"Joohyung said, as if attempting to change the topic.

"I don't know.."Yoongi groaned as he melted further in the table.

"Are you in a bad mood?"Joohyung arched a brow at Yoongi. "And why do you need money all of a sudden?"

Yoongi slowly got up and glanced at Joohyung. "W-well..."

"Rent?"

"No."

"Living expenses?"

"No."

"A man?"

Yoongi remained silent at that. Joohyung stared at him for a couple seconds before he scoffed. "Good lord, Yoongi."

"That's why I told you,when you're sleeping with a stranger.."He leaned closer,"..you have to check whether they have venereal disease or not." He nodded. "C'mon, you can vent to me. What is it? Is it Gonorrhea or-"

"STOP! Stop! That's enough from you. You have it all wrong!"Yoongi yelled, stopping the doctor mid sentence. "I-I need to move immediately. I don't care if it's tomorrow, or even today." Yoongi gulped. "My next door neighbour is.."

The flashbacks of Taehyung's smiling face and the corpse in his bedroom came rushing back in Yoongi's head, sending shivers down his spine and an unusual sensation in his stomach.

"...A bad guy." He said.

"Oh, please. Suseong District is full of bad guys, mate." Joohyung said, leaning back on the chair.

Yoongi sprung up from his seat. "You're not understanding the depth of this matter, Joohyung! He's a violent criminal! If I told you what he's done you'd faint from shock!" Yoongi yelled, but the latter didn't look a least bit effected by it. "I-If I report him and something happens to me then-"

"Did you know?"Joohyung said, interrupting Yoongi. "Mrs.Jung in room 403 above you was convicted of armed robbery."

Yoongi's eyes widened.

"And the Kim couple downstairs? They both spent time in prison for smuggling, grave robbery and so on."Joohyung took another sip of the coffee. "Did you know that the head janitor for your building had two of his toes severed for two counts of arson?"

Yoongi slumped back on his seat, flabbergasted. "H..how do you know all of this?"

Joohyung sighed, placing the coffee cup down. "They're are still at it, but now they're careful, so police can't track them down."

Yoongi's hands were shaking violently under the table.

"Look, Yoongi-ah.."Joohyung cooed. "Don't be bogged down by such trivial stuff."

Yoongi looked down on his lap and clutched his other shaking hand tightly.

"There's simply no need to invite harm upon yourself.."Joohyung said,"...for the sake of justice. Do you understand,mh? I'm saying this out of concern for you."

Yoongi nodded. Joohyung traced the cup with his fingers.

"But.."He continued. "Don't go asking for trouble, Yoongi-ah. Everyone has a bad side."Yoongi looked directly into Joohyung's dark eyes. "The only difference is.. whether they're bad to you nor not."

-

Sighing, Yoongi took slow steps up the stairs and towards his apartment room.

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi flinched at the sudden voice of Taehyung, his neighbour. The man got up from the staircase he usually sits on and smiled widely at Yoongi.

"..were you waiting for me?"Yoongi asked.

"Of course!" Taehyung replied cheerfully.

Yoongi stared at the man.

Everyone has a bad side.

The only difference is whether they're bad to you or not.

Yoongi sighed and closed his eyes as Joohyung's words kicked back in. Well, the least he can hope right now is, hopefully, Taehyung wasn't waiting here sitting in the staircase to kill him.

"Unless you have something to say, I'll be on my way." Yoongi said as he slightly pushed Taehyung's arm out of the way. Taehyung pouted at that, but Yoongi decided to ignore a killer's .. um, perhaps, cute pout.

Yoongi grabbed the knob of his apartment room and twisted it around.

"Did you not like me waiting for you?"

Yoongi paused.

"No, I did not." He replied. Honestly speaking, who'd ever like a criminal possibly waiting at a staircase for them?

"That's good. I was hoping you'd feel that way." Yoongi turned around to find the man smiling wide at him. He twitched his eyebrows, utterly confused at the man's unusual enthusiasm. "It's better to be a source of stress than nothing at all, after all."

Why the fuck does this man always...

"Oh, I almost forgot. I have something to ask you." Taehyung said, taking steady steps towards Yoongi.

Huh?

HUH??

Did.. did he find out about the missing candle?

Taehyung leaned close to Yoongi's face. "When would you like to join me for dinner again?"

Oh.

Oh.

Now he remembers. The other day he had promised to have dinner with him again another time.

Yoongi averted his gaze. "W-well.." Yeah, there were a dozens of candles that day, no way he'd be that aware. No way he'd find out.

"Why?"Taehyung smiled."Are you busy?"

"Yes. Yes, um..I do have some works I need to catch up to-"

"In that case,"Taehyung grinned. "why don't I help you with your household chores while you work, Yoongi?"

".. household chores?"Yoongi tensed as Taehyung came even closer to him.

"Yep, that's what they call cleaning, laundry and so on."Taehyung explained.

"I know what the term means, obviously.." Yoongi mumbled, turning his head away to create some distance between the two. "B-but.."

"Yoongi."Taehyung leaned down even closer to the smaller and as Yoongi looked up, his nose almost touched Taehyung's. Were it not for the height difference,maybe their lips- "Why do you keep turning me down?"

Yoongi gulped.

"I do hope you're not making excuses because you don't want to spend time with me, right?"

A drop of sweat dripped down Yoongi's chin as he shifted away from the taller. "That's certainly not the case."He replied nonchalantly.

"Glad to hear it." Taehyung smiled. "We're neighbours after all."

Yoongi scooted away a bit more to avoid any more skinship with the man. Though very wary of his movements. Any suspicious act and he'll wind up dead in his man's hands.

Maybe he was testing him.

"If you had said "no", I would've stopped inviting you." Taehyung chuckled softly. "But since you didn't, the invitation remains open."

Yoongi sighed in relief.

Then suddenly, a thought occurred to him.

"In that case,"He said, voice a bit shaky. "For our next dinner.. let's go to a restaurant instead of your place."

Taehyung's eyes widened for a mere moment before his face broke into its usual boxy smile. "Sure thing."

->>>-<<<-

(a/n: imagine this taegi here;

lol tae literally looks like he wants to melt him like a ice cream and gulp him down whole and keep him all to himself. •́ ‿ ,•̀ we understand, Taehyung!!!!!! we really do!!!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 14.9K 50
[Volume 1] Unknown: I kill people. Jungkook: So do I, with my cuteness ;) When an average city boy Jungkook texts a random number to ease his boredom...
91K 2.6K 27
{COMPLETED} "No matter how many times you try kitten, you can't escape me." He said, kneeling down in front of me. "Why are you doing this to me?" I...
430K 31.4K 120
You're currently in jail for the attempted murder of BTS's Kim Seokjin and have quickly become South Korea's #1 public enemy. Every day is hell as y...
10.2K 577 66
What if two bipolar personalities clash together in a labyrinth of misunderstanding, promises, lemirence, new realizations and ultimately the deadly...