ghost.

By Armybrat213

"I've come to offer you something no one else can." The accident took away my legs. Paralyzed me from waist d... More

prologue//.
friends or not//1//.
doesn't make sense//3//.
long term plans//4//.
one year later//5//.
//the pain in the ass//.
i am sorry//6//.
//the encouraging puppy//.
coffee, noodles, donuts//7//.
//the capricorn who loves danger//.
you're the devil//8//.
shock therapy//9//.
//the doctor from down under//.
i don't know//10//.
made of questions//11//.

stranger danger//2//.

1.2K 66 23
By Armybrat213

Eyyy, so it has literally been ages since I updated anything real (and by real I mean not drabbles). This one introduces some characters that some of you may not be familiar with and some that you may be familiar with. Said fandom is 'The 100'. If you have any questions on them (or in general) ask in the comments or PM me and I'll (try) to answer them for you! Also remember that I changed this to second person AND made a few detail changes in the past chapters that get mentioned in this one. You shouldn't have to re-read the past chapters to catch on, but if you find yourself mega lost then that might help. Thanks, y'all.

____________________

You were lying on a rock. Alright, maybe it wasn't literally a rock, but it sure as hell felt like it. A groan slipped from your lips as you shifted and curled up in a futile attempt to make yourself more comfortable on what future you called a bed. Apparently, she was allergic to comfort along with colors. At this point, there was no use of trying to go back to sleep, but standing up didn't sound all that fun either. It took a moment of convincing, but you managed to pull yourself up into a seated position.

Your eyes lazily drifted over the small room you had fallen asleep in. Your room. Beside the bed was a desk with what was probably a laptop placed in the center and neat stacks of papers around it. A bookshelf stood tall on the other side of the desk and it was filled with large, scholarly looking books. Across the room, against the wall, was a pair of sliding doors that were clear on the top half and frosted on the bottom. It was a closest, you could see various clothes hanging inside of it, but you still hadn't figured out how to get the stuck, no handled sliding doors to open. The dull room had one redeeming feature and that was the small bathroom attached to it. Of course, said bathroom didn't have a door. Just an archway. You guessed modesty was just a thing of the past. However, after your trek through the desert yesterday nothing short of the apocalypse was going to stop you from taking a shower.

You pushed yourself off the bed completely and stretched your arms over my head. Your toes curled up as well and a smile drifted onto your features. You wiggled your toes just for the hell of it. There was no way to explain how horrifying it was to not even be able to move your toes. To look down, see them, yet know that they were useless. You quickly cleared your throat and crossed the room to grab your jeans, which were balled up in the corner. As you slipped them on you became more and more aware of how quiet it was. Your fingers fumbled with the zipper as panic began to claw its way through your mind. You were alone and that was the last thing you wanted to be right now. Your thoughts were heading in a direction you couldn't handle at the moment. You grabbed your metal boots by the bed and rushed out the door.

House was exactly where you had left him last night. He stood at the end of the table with his eyes staring at said table that was now glowing. After telling him your entire story and answering the few questions you were able to answer, you retired to your rock bed. Orion had said there was a spare room he could stay in, but it looked like he hadn't taken advantage of it.

"Good morning, [Name]. Did you sleep well?" You heard Orion's deep voice before seeing him. On the center of the table was a triangular metal object. It shifted and lifted into the air as a familiar blue light filled the center. House didn't give either of you a passing glance.

You nodded, "Eh. I've had worse nights." You tossed your shoes aside and crossed over to look at the table. Your eyes widened in surprise. The plain table had become a large touch screen of sorts. What House was doing with it was another question, "What is this?"

"All medical scans Sparky had stored on you. She's awake now, scan her." He said without looking up. He swiped his hand across the table and words were replaced with what looked like vital signs.

"How long have you been out here?"

"A while. Scan her."

"[Name], may I scan you for Dr. House?"

"Why are you asking her?"

You rolled your eyes at House's tone and replied, "Sure, Orion."

House turned to focus his scrutinizing gaze on you, "You're human."

"You don't say." You smiled.

"It's interesting." He narrowed his eyes, "You're human, but not."

Confusion washed over you, "What the hell do you mean but not?"

"Scan complete. I've uploaded it to the screen."

House ignored your question and went to analyze the new data given to him. You leaned closer to look yourself. There were numbers and diagrams and long words straight from a science textbook. If only you spoke science textbook. House swiped his hand over the screen again then swiped downward which brought up various smaller screens. He began to speak, "Sparky here has over 100 scans of you from over the past seven months. All of them are the same, varying in small injuries here and there, except two."

"Two?" You questioned.

House nodded, "This scan from yesterday-"

Orion interrupted, "From when you woke up after the severe injury to your neck. I scanned you to make sure there was no injury to your nervous system."

"Which there wasn't surprisingly." House added.

You shrugged, "Why is that a surprise?"

He bit back a sigh, "You carved a hole in your neck with an energy blade and ripped a mysterious black box off your spine."

"Touché." You mumbled and glanced around, "Where did that thing go anyways?"

"Focus." House replied, "That scan and the scan he just did are different than every other scan. Why?"

You blinked, "Is that rhetorical or are you really asking me?"

House smiled and held up his hand to show the black box, "This. This is different."

"What is it?" You asked.

House shrugged, "I don't know."

You heaved a sigh, "I still have zero answers. In fact, I actually just have more questions."

"Isn't life just a drag?" He sneered. His face twisted in pain and his hand clutched his thigh for a moment.

You glanced at his thigh back to him, "Are you ok?"

"Fine. I'm just out of my meds." He replied.

"Do we have medicine, Orion?" You asked. Over by where your suit sat under the glow, a portion of the wall lifted to show a built in medicine cabinet of sorts. House was quick to push off the table and limp toward it. He dug through the many silver bottles until he found one that suited him. You walked over and watched as he began to pop open the white lid.

Orion glided over, "My scans of Dr. House show that he may be addicted to these pain killers, [Name]."

"How come you never asked me permission for a scan?" House interrupted.

"Whoa, what? You're an addict??" You held your hand out, "Give those back."

"Nobody likes a Trallyon giver." House replied and threw two white pills into his mouth before heading back to the table.

Your eyes narrowed in thought before following him, "Is that the same as an Indian giver?"

"Come on, grandma." House replied, "Get with the times. Can't believe you called me old when you're pushing 890." You rolled your eyes and marched over to sit in one of the chairs near the front of the ship so you could put your boots on. Given your current mood, you weren't about to go wrestling the cripple over a bottle of pills. House continued, "We need to start from the beginning. Run tests."

"What kind of tests?"

"All of them."

You nodded slowly, "Right, that sounds...fun."

"You want answers don't you?" House replied with a pointed look.

You nodded quickly, "Of course, I do, but... How sure are you that you can get these answers from medical tests?"

"How sure are you that you can attempt to find answers anywhere else?" House countered.

You sighed again and leaned back in your seat. He had a solid point. It wasn't like you had many other options. In fact, you had zero other options. House ignored you again and moved his attention back to the table screen. His eyes drifted over it and he began to think aloud, "The major differences I'm seeing are brain wave activity, but the detail isn't clear enough for me to see why. There are other physical differences between each scan. Your heartbeat has increased since then and has consistently been at a higher pace than a normal one. You should probably be dead."

"Yippee." You mumbled under your breath and rested your head against your elbow while watching him work.

House set the black box on the screen, "Sparky, analyze this will you?"

"Any readings I get from it are inconclusive. However, it is made from a similar metal to that of [Name]'s suit." Orion answered.

You sat up slowly and focused your gaze on the box. It was made of the same material as your suit. The mysterious, prototype suit that Orion said was given to you by your commander. Who was your commander? If you could find the guy that gave you the suit then perhaps you could get answers about why you were given the suit. Why you were 866 years in the future.

"Orion?" You began and the spark immediately stopped what he was doing for House to come hover before you.

"Yes, [Name]?"

You paused, "What information do you have on my commander? Or about my past?"

"Not much, unfortunately, but I can give you all the records I do have." He replied. There was a moment where he didn't speak, but you could hear the faint electrical hum of him working. Finally he began to move again, "Your data pad is in the storage space of the chair you are seated in with the records."

A slit on the side of the chair popped open and you reached down to pull out what looked like an iPad. Wait a minute, this was an iPad. You flipped it over to see the white apple logo. The thing was scuffed up in the corners, but for being as old as it was it looked pretty decent. House noticed it and limped over.

"What the hell is that?" He questioned.

"An iPad." You replied, "You know, Steve Jobs? Apple?"

House narrowed his eyes at you, "That thing looks ancient. How is it even working?"

"It was customized to connect to the Nova. It does not work when outside the ship, but while on the ship it connects to the ship's mainframe and holds information." Orion answered. House shook his head and went back to the table while you began to toy with the now outdated technology.

You turned it on and the screen came to life asking for your 4-digit password. The password on your iPhone had been '8426', was this code the same? You typed in the numbers and the home screen came to life. A small chuckle escaped your lips at the ridiculousness of it. There were five app looking icons on the screen, but you didn't recognize any of them from the app store. The first looked like a mini version of your ship, the second was a page, the third was a picture of an old time steering wheel like one would find on a pirate ship or something, the fourth was an empty circle, and the fifth was a picture of the crown symbol that was on your suit.

You pressed the crown icon and a long list of statistics came up. A lot of it didn't make a whole lot of sense to you, but you understood enough to know it had to deal with your suit. Energy Shield at 100%. Cloaking attachment at 100%. Rockets at 100%. Support lines at 100%. It was all information on the condition of your suit, but it offered no information on the origin of your suit. You pressed the home button and the screen changed back to its original form.

What next?

You assumed the ship icon would be stats on your ship so you ignored that app and pressed the page one. The iPad bookshelf screen came up and on each shelf were icons of vague pages. Under each was a title, but after glancing through them it didn't seem like they'd be super helpful to what you were looking for now. However, it seemed like a lot had to do with history and information of worlds which was something you really needed to read through so you'd come back to that.

Only two were left. The circle and the wheel looking one. You pressed the circle icon, but every time your finger touched it nothing happened other than the icon shaking slightly. Confusion filled your mind, but you pressed it five more times as if that was going to change anything.

Now you only had one icon to press and you prayed that it would lead to something helpful. You clicked the wheel icon and the screen went dark gray. The icon was now larger, it filled the top half of the page, and below it was a line asking for a password.

You studied the icon for a moment since it had more detail now. It was a golden wheel with eight spokes meeting in the middle. In the dead center was an intricate circular design. It was extremely familiar, but nothing specific came to mind when you saw it.

After a moment you pulled your attention away and pressed the line asking for a password. This password criteria involved letters and you had no idea what it might be. The password to your email had been '[initials]crusader11' which was your initials, the mascot of your college, and the random number of 11 because you were forced to add a number. You quickly typed that in, but it didn't work.

"Hey Orion, do you know any of the passwords I might use for stuff?"

"I do not."

You let out a unhappy huff of breath and flipped the screen around so House and Orion could see the symbol, "Do you guys know what that symbol means?"

"Should I?" House replied and narrowed his eyes at it. His lips pursed, "Actually, it is familiar. I've seen it somewhere before."

Orion let out an electrical hum, "The Universal database has no information, but I have hacked into the Jeffersonian Museum archives in the Gold District and found a hit."

"You hacked into the Jeffersonian?" House questioned. He smiled, "I'm starting to like you more and more, Orion."

"Jeffersonian?" You questioned.

"It's a national museum of history in the dead center of Washtown where I'm from. It holds historical artifacts and information from all over Earth. There's another Jeffersonian branch in Eurisa, but the one in the Gold District of Canam is the largest and also holds a forensic lab." House replied. "The fact that your spark hacked into the very high tech building has earned my respect. Sort of. I don't not like him."

You nodded, "Well, what did you find, Orion?"

"The symbol is the dharmachakra. It is a Ashtamangala symbol from Buddhism that characterizes the rebirth of humanity and the path to nirvana or heaven." Orion explained, "Buddhism adopted this symbol to embody the ideal king who turns the wheel when he conquers the world cutting through all obstacles and illusions." You flipped the screen back around to look at it. Why did you have a symbol like that on your iPad and why was it locked from you? Orion continued with his explanation and it sounded like he was reading straight out of an encyclopedia, "There are three portions. The upper left represents concentration and the spokes in this region stand for effort, mindfulness, and meditation. The upper right represents wisdom and the spokes in this region stand for view and intention. The lower half represents ethical conduct and the spokes stand for action, speech, and livelihood."

"Why do you have that symbol on your dinosaur of a machine?" House asked the question ringing through my mind.

"Good quest- wait, you know about dinosaurs? Like that's a thing from the past that people still reference??" You blurted.

House rolled his eyes and went back to what he was looking at on the table. You leaned back in your seat again and brought your legs up to sit comfortably. He didn't exactly answer your question and in your opinion it had been a very serious one. Orion came closer to you, "Do you require help with anything else?"

"Nah." You smiled at him, "I'm good for now, Orion. I think I'm just gonna read up on some history."

"Of course. We should be arriving at the tower in two hours, 20 minutes, and 12 seconds."

You blinked in surprise, "How long did I sleep for?"

"Nearly 16 hours." He replied, "Long enough for Dr. House to leave to his room and gather his own rest then come back to finish his work."

Wow. You had apparently been wrong about him never leaving his spot. You couldn't believe you slept for that long. It had been a long day, but 16 hours?? You gave Orion a quick thank you before closing out of the wheel symbol and pressing the page.

Reading about history had never been so interesting. You never even paused to wonder why future you had basically a history book downloaded on her modified iPad. You just enjoyed it. A lot had happened in the last 866 years and you hadn't even begun to scratch the surface. In hindsight, you probably should've started with more current events so you weren't so lost in future conversations, but in all your brilliant wisdom you stared with the year 2020. Twelve more world wars had occurred since then, which was actually lower than you expected. Of course, nearly 400 smaller scale wars had been waged between individual nations and worlds since then too. The discovery of other worlds had happened in 2021 and it had jump-started space exploration for Earth. From that point on, humans had spread across the galaxies gathering more and more technology, allies, and enemies that sent them even further into the universe. This travel introduced many new alien races, but it also spurred the creation of more. Humans spread across the universe settling down with alien species and many new races were born from these interactions. It may have been a crude thought, but the fact that humans spread across the universe and basically put their dick in everything didn't surprise you.

The incident you spent the most time on was one of the biggest world wars. It was World War VIIII specifically, in the year of 2297, and it basically destroyed Earth. The nations were destroyed and the land they settled on had become ruins. Sea levels rose after nuclear weapons basically toasted the ice caps. Life on Earth was dead and the only reason the humans survived was because they had spread across the universe in other settlements. Four of these settlements came back to Earth 150 years later, in 2447, to resettle the land.

Over the 150 years Earth had healed, but it still wasn't whole. The first three settlements landed and each took one of the land masses left over to create their new nation. The first settled in what was left of America and Canada, which was mostly just the northern half of the United States and the southern half of Canada. Mexico and South America had been basically taken over by nature and wasn't left habitable. They formed the nation of Canam, which held four districts, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Palladium. The second landed on the other side of the world and formed Eurisa, which were spots of Europe and Asia merged consisting mostly of what used to be Russia. They were divided into two states. East and West, with each side holding it's own capital. The East was mostly farmland and rural towns where as the West held the most cutting edge technology. The last settlement formed the nation of Middle Ka which was in what used to be Africa. The last settlement was a ship known as the Ark. It orbited around the Earth and slowly grew over the years eventually becoming what is now known as the Tower.

A lot had happened over the past 866 years and you wanted to know it all.

____________

The Tower, strictly from what you had heard, was some sort of ship turned settlement that orbited around the Earth. From that explanation alone, you had no idea what to expect. More than 10,000 people lived on it, which meant it was at least decent sized and from your conversation with that Zack guy you knew there was an Eastside and a Westside.

Orion had pulled your attention away from the iPad, two hours and so later, to look at it in all its glory. Maybe you wouldn't have been so impressed if you had your 866 years of memory, but you didn't and this was mind-blowing.

As your ship flew closer to the Tower, all you could see was the back, which was a large metal structure that resembled that of a satellite or space station. It was one large cylinder pointing to the vastness of space with a metal ring of cubicle like structures surrounding it and rotating. The section pointing towards the Earth stretched further out, like wings, and made a large half 'C' shape that held the same curve of the surface of the planet below it. The backs of said wings were a lighter color than the bulky half.

"That used to be the Ark settlement. The one that started it all." House's voice spoke as he limped up from behind you to take the seat next to you. "The ugly, dark gray portion with the dents."

"Ugly?" You glanced at him in shock, "It's incredible."

Orion floated past the two of you and dissolved into blue flecks that sunk into the control panel. There was a pause before his voice filled the ship, "This is Nova, Kestrel Class CX3, asking permission to dock in sector R2, loading bay 1."

Brief static cut through the line before a male voice answered, "Permission granted, Nova. Proceed to lane 3 and continue on into R quadrant."

The ship took a sharp turn and began to drift around the metal mass, and nothing could have prepared you for the sight on the other side of it. The arch that hugged Earth's shape had five bands that made semi-circles of their own across the arch flooding the area with light. The way it was shaped kept you from seeing the closet portion of the inside of the rounded shape, but on the other side was clear as day. The inside of the arch gave off an almost golden glow. Tall buildings stretched up and across from it like a large city.

"Welcome to the Tower, [Name]." Orion said.

_________

"What the hell do you mean, you just got out of jail?"

Bobby Singer let an annoyed grumble slip from his lips as he let his hands rub his hair-covered jawline. The blue and white hat on his head covered his light brown hair, and he lifted his blue-gray eyes to watch the other man in the room yell into the work phone. A shipment of parts were expected to be delivered to the shop in a couple hours, but as it turns out their delivery boys were still in Vellon. This annoyed Bobby Singer who was too preoccupied to properly get frustrated at the news, but it sent his business partner and long time friend, Cid Highwind, into a fit of fury.

"Barrett just had to be busy. He just had to avoid this trip. How many damn times did I tell those three numbskulls we needed that shipment here by 3? How many times, Bobby?" Cid barked in and tossed his work phone onto his desk before slumping into his seat with his arms crossed. His light blue, short sleeve shirt was rumpled and had splotches of grease and oil across the hem. A pair of dark brown work goggles pushed Cid's messy blond hair back that only made him more disgruntled looking.

Bobby replied without looking up, "Couple times I'm sure."

Cid glanced up from the papers on his desk to see Bobby had buried his nose into a thickly bound, brown book. Based on the look on his face, Cid wouldn't get a good conversation out of him for right now. He ripped open his desk drawer to grab the pack of cigarettes and shoved it into his shirt pocket before marching out the door to check on the shop.

The idea of Highwind and Singer Repair had been thought up seven years ago when he met Robert Singer. The conversation between the two of them ended with him having two broken ribs and a bullet in his shoulder and Bobby having a broken wrist and a missing back molar. It also ended in a friendship, and everyone always joked it had to either end that way or in murder. If Cid were a betting man he would've put most of his gil on murder. It wasn't that the two of them were too different. In fact, it was the exact opposite. They were too damn alike.

The repair shop had only actually been open for the past two years on the west side of the Tower a couple blocks down from Seventh Heaven and the shopping district. Their repair shop wasn't the largest on the Tower, but they prided themselves on being the best. H&S Repair was located in a two-story building with a large, open garage connected to it. Bobby lived in the second floor loft, Cid had an small apartment behind Seventh Heaven, while they kept their offices on the first floor. The garage itself was large enough to have three storage class ships worked on at once making it around 100 yards or so wide.

"So, my parts on their way yet, Highwind?"

Cid had to physically hold back a groan as Gippal rounded a parked mini cargo ship rubbing his hands together. There was a large grin on the Al Bhed's face and his green eye sparkled with excitement. There were days where Cid just wanted to beat the mechanic to death, but he was just too damn good of a mechanic to lose. One of Highwind & Singer's best.

"It ain't gonna be here 'till tomorrow."

Gippal frowned, "Are you kidding me?" The man crossed his arms and muttered something in Al Bhed under his breath before speaking up again, "Maqui and I need to get that done by tonight!"

Cid threw his arms up and continued through the garage checking up on other projects, "Not my fault those idiots got thrown in jail."

Gippal ignored the bad attitude Cid was radiating and followed with an amused smile, "Zack, Cloud, and Leon got thrown in jail? What happened?"

"Hell if I know." Cid grumbled and grabbed a clipboard off a rolling shelf. He glanced around at the twenty or so employees he could actually see. "What's the status on the Regulus 77?!"

"Good so far, sir!"

"Johnson?! What the hell are you doing on the Regulus job!?"

"Mr. Singer told me to. It's all going good though, sir. We're nearly don- oh, shit. Put that out! Get the extinguisher!"

Cid buried his face in his hand. He was going to murder someone today. Gippal laughed, "Watching Johnson work on a Regulus is the funniest shit."

"Go fix it." Cid slapped the clipboard across Gippal's chest ending his laughter. The Al Bhed groaned and began to complain in his own language, but Cid ignored it to head back to his office. Maybe he didn't murder Singer seven years ago, but he was going to do it now. Better late than never, right? Cid burst into the office to see Bobby had put away the large books but was now on a video call. The guy on the other end of the line was none other than Dean Winchester. Cid had met him a couple times here and there, but most of the information Cid had on the guy came from stories.

"Hey Cid." Dean greeted with a nod before returning his green eyes to Bobby. His brown hair was shorter than it was last time, but the biggest change about him was the healing gash near the end of his right eyebrow.

"You boys got a rugaru on your hands." Bobby said and Cid crossed his arms.

"Rugaru? Is that made up?" Dean's face twisted in thought, "That sounds made up."

"No, you idjit." Bobby snapped, "They're mean, rotten, and looking to devour meat. Any meat."

Dean looked suspicious, "Are you sure? This doesn't sound right. I mean, our guy has a cellphone on his belt."

"Well he aint gonna be that way for long. Now, listen. Fire is the only thing that's gonna kill it."

Cid knew the world that Bobby dealt with. The supernatural world. Saying it wasn't his cup of tea was an understatement. Cid dealt with mechanics and technological science. Anything that lived on the magical or supernatural spectrum could take a long hike off a short pier as far as he was concerned.

As the call was coming to a close Cid couldn't bite back his complaints, "Sure, you know how to fight this rugrat shit, but you can't figure out that Johnson is a fucking imbecile on Regulus Class ships."

Bobby flinched as if he just remembered something and Dean laughed on the screen, "Even I know that and I'm barely there."

The glare that Dean got from Bobby was probably scarier than any supernatural creature he had to face, but Dean's grin only grew. He chuckled and said a quick good-bye before cutting the line. Bobby turned back around to look at Cid, "I was gonna put him on the Arcadia. Got distracted. Why did we even hire him??"

"He brings doughnuts on Fridays." Cid replied and leaned against his own desk. "Now what are we gonna do about those parts? That ship needs to be done by tonight."

Bobby shook his head, "You know the answer to that."

"I aint asking him for parts."

"I don't get why you don't like him so much. He's a smart kid, and you like the girl."

"The girl knows what she's doing."

"So does he. You just don't wanna admit it." Bobby replied as his lip twitched up in amusement, "After all, look at his role model."

"Shut the fuck up, Singer."

____________

The look House gave you made you feel like you had grown a second head. Nova, your ship, had been parked in a storage dock that you apparently owned and now the two of you stood outside the storage area with crowds of travelers milling about you.

"I thought you wanted answers." House said slowly with his eyes narrowing.

"I do, but I want to explore this place first and maybe find some answers of my own."

House shook his head, "You could be dying. Your vitals aren't exactly the picture of health."

"I know, and I'm gonna come to get those tests done! Just...not...now." You shifted your stance and gave a forced smile. House had to leave now, he had a guy waiting on the other side of the docks waiting to pick him up, but you didn't want to leave the Tower just yet. You had just gotten here and your curiosity was getting the better of you. "Here. You hang onto this."

House opened his hand and you set the small black box in his palm. His jaw clenched in frustration, "You're making a stupid decision."

"I'll be down to see you in a few days. Washcity, Silver District, Princeton Hospital."

"Washtown. Gold district. Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital."

You shrugged, "I was close. Besides, Orion will remember it for me. Right, Orion?"

"Correct." He replied.

"He said 'yes', fyi." You carried the message along. The last thing you wanted to do was explore this place without having Orion as your safety net, but House said wearing your suit out in a public place like the Tower would get you all the wrong attention. Even Orion agreed with the pissy doctor so a new solution had come up. Your helmet was a separate piece that could be adjusted so you now wore both those metal grips behind your ear and one of them had grown in size to cover your entire right ear. Now you could hear Orion through it. However, Orion was still attached to the armband of your suit so he had transferred it over so you now wore a single black, band of metal around your right arm where he resided.

House rolled his eyes, "If you die before coming to see me I'll be pissed."

"Aw, you care."

"I find a real puzzle and she decides to go gallivanting around the Tower." House mumbled to himself. There was a pause before he sighed, "You mentioned the term ghost, right?"

You nodded, "Yeah, Orion said that I was one. Whatever that means."

"There's this guy. No idea where he lives or if he's even still here, but he might know a few things." House explained, "His last name is Highwind. I know a guy that mentioned him once and ghosts came up in the guy's conversation with him."

A slow smile spread across your features, "Thanks, House. I appreciate it."

"Yeah, well, now you owe me."

"See you soon, friend."

"I'm keeping your pills." House snapped and took another few white pills from the silver bottle and turned to walk away. You turned yourself around and headed to what looked like the exit.

The arch part of the Tower was apparently a three level type area. The two bottom levels closer to the actual space station were indoors and used as the storage docks where ships were held. The upper level was the Plate level and that was where the city was. You stepped into a large elevator with a mass of people and it began to move up. Metal walls turned to glass showing one last view of the hundred upon thousands of ships. The elevator stopped, the doors opened, and you were officially on the Plate level.

The city had given off a golden glow from space, and you realized now that it was because the buildings were all warm colors and with the artificial sunlight from the bands reflecting off it, a golden aura was given off. As you stepped off the elevator platform everyone else rushed past you, but you were stuck in a phase of awe.

Vellon had impressed you, but this was something else. The city had that futuristic feel that Vellon didn't. Where the port city on Vebron had a western air about it, the Tower felt more like a big city with golden skyscrapers, yellow and red shops, and orange buildings. The view wasn't too bad either.

"The Tower is currently orbiting above Middle Ka." Orion explained like a tour guide and you let your eyes linger on the sky above you. Further down to your right and left you could see the large bands that were sending light down to the arch below, but right above you there was nothing to impede your sight. Your view was that of Earth from space. It left you breathless. Did you ever expect to see your home from this angle? Never. It was stunning. It was overwhelming. It made you feel like grain of salt in the ocean. "You exited at the midway point. The area to your left is known as 'Westside' and to your right is 'Eastside'. Is there anything you want to see specifically?"

"Everything." You breathed with a smile. You were looking for a distraction and nothing got more distracting than this.

You spent the next two hours walking around taking in everything and allowing Orion to explain what certain buildings were. The two of you were deep in Eastside at the moment when a building caught your eye. It stood out from the warm buildings with its dark gray color, but more than that it was made of an older looking metal where any other metal material you saw used was shiny and new. It was about three stories tall, two stories shorter than the second shortest building, and a sign hung above the wide double doors that read, 'Dropship'.

"Dropship. Zack mentioned that to me." You thought aloud. The streets were crowded with people and small vehicles, but nobody paid you much mind. Nobody looked at you weird for talking aloud to Orion either, but you guessed it had something to do with the bulky metal covering your ear. It was probably the same as seeing someone with a Bluetooth on.

"Zack?" Orion questioned.

"One of those guys that was looking for House." You replied and Orion recalled the story you had shared with him on the ship about what you went through to get back to the Nova.

Orion hummed, "I see. It's a bar, [Name]."

"Do they have food?"

"I am unsure."

"I'll risk it." You shrugged and headed for the front door. A loud batch of static in your ear made you cry out in surprise and flinch. "Orion?? What was that?"

Orion's electrical hum replaced the static, "There is a issue with Nova that requires immediate attention. I can settle it, but I need to be there now."

"Do I start running??"

"I can transfer myself there, but I wont be able to transfer back. However, I don't want to leave you alone in Eastside."

You bit your lower lip, "Go ahead and go, Orion. I can find my way back."

"Are you positive?"

"Definitely. Go handle the problem."

"Please be careful, [Name]."

After Orion's last word the electrical hum disappeared and the metal band on your arm vanished much like your suit had done in the desert. You were alone again, but at least this time around you weren't stranded in a desert with only your thoughts.

You kept moving forward and pushed past the double doors to step inside. The inside was large and circular in shape, but the clustered table layout made it feel smaller than it was. It seemed rather gloomy with only one window in the back letting in mediocre light. Smaller, indoor lights hung above each table giving the room enough light to see, but it wasn't the same as the light outside. The walls were made of metal along with the ceiling and there was a ladder in the back that went up through a latch in the ceiling to the second level. A part of you was beginning to realize this bar named 'Dropship' wasn't a building, but rather an actual ship that got dropped in its place.

There were a few people sitting at the back tables closest to the ladder, but your attention drifted to the bar to the right. It was a long table with one guy standing behind it drying cups with a rag. Behind him was another set of double doors that you assumed led into some sort of kitchen.

The guy looked to be around 25 years old and wore a short sleeve black shirt that had three buttons coming down from the neckline that were all unbuttoned. His slightly wavy, black hair was long enough that it covered the tops of his ears, but short enough not to hang in the way of his dark brown eyes. His skin had a lightly tanned tone and he had a strong build. As you got closer you realized light freckles adorned his face across his nose and under his eyes, but they blended into his skin tone.

His eyes lifted to look at you as you reached the bar. You forced a smile onto your face as the doors behind him opened, "Hi there."

Before he could reply the guy who had come out of the doors noticed you and grabbed your full attention with a wide grin and cheerful greeting, "Well hey there. How can I help you?"

The new guy was probably closer to your age, 22 not 888, and had dark brown, shaggy hair pushed back by a pair of what looked like ski goggles. He wore a dark gray t-shirt with a thin jacket over it and a wide smile. His eyes were a lighter brown than the other guy and where the other guy was built stronger looking this guy was lean with a slim face. He also seemed much friendlier.

The guy cleaning glasses glanced from the new guy to you before shaking his head slightly and returning to what he was doing. You focused your attention back to goggles, "Uh hi. I was wondering if you guys sold food? I'm starving."

With each minute that passed you grew more and more hungry, and at this point it felt like you could eat a horse. Orion had said earlier you had money to buy stuff, he had called it gil, but he wasn't specific on how much you had or even how to use it.

"Sure, we do." He pulled a small, one page menu out from under the bar and handed it to you, "I'm Jasper, by the way, Jasper Jordan. You new around here?"

"[Name], and sort of." You replied without looking up from the menu. With swift movements you took a seat on one of the barstools and let your eyes wander down the list of food. The lunch special looked good so you pointed at it, "Can I get that?"

"Of course." He hummed and took the menu before typing something into a screen built into the bar table, "I sent the order to the kitchen and it should be ready in a couple minutes."

You nodded, "Thanks."

"So", he drawled and leaned against the counter toward you, "What brings a pretty girl like you to the Tower?"

"Maybe she's traveling." The other guy suddenly spoke up. You glanced down the bar at him to see he was looking at Jasper with an amused look while Jasper glared at him.

Jasper cleared his throat, "I figured that, but I just meant-"

"I dropped a uh, friend, off at the docks. Thought I'd explore some is all." You cut in with a smile.

"That's awesome." Jasper regained his composure, he motioned to the wall behind him, "You want something to drink? We have soda, water..."

You shifted in your seat, "You know what, I think I'll take a real drink if you don't mind. I could sure as hell use one."

"What can I get for you?"

"How about a Corona?" You spoke. Both guys looked at you in confusion and you continued in panic, "Or a- a Budweiser?" Still looks of confusion. "You know what? How about you just tell me what you got?"

Jasper chuckled and moved on, but the other guy continued to look at you in thought. You ignored him and focused on Jasper who motioned up to the wall. It was then you fully took in the sight of what was behind him. There were painted squares on the wall with small pipes coming out of each that lead to a nozzle on the back counter. Your eyes traced over each pipe when you noticed something peculiar.

"Those are elements."

Jasper nodded, "Yeah. We got 'em all. So, pick your poison."

This guy wanted me to pick an element to drink? What the hell kind of turn did alcohol take in the future? Your mind was spinning in panicked circles. Was it really the element or did some beer company just decided to name their beers after elements?

"Right I just- um... So, chemistry always did want to make me get drunk, but is it safe to...? I mean, are these real elements or just names?"

Jasper's eyes narrowed in confusion, "What?"

"Never mind. Just a...bad joke. Um", you glanced over the many-labeled squares, "Can I get a...neon?"

Jasper had grabbed a glass while you spoke, but he froze in surprise, "Really?"

"...yes? Yes." You nodded your head with confidence. Fake it till you make it.

Jasper shrugged to himself before getting to work. The guy who was cleaning glasses set down the one in his hand, whipped the towel over his shoulder, crossed his arms, and then leaned against the counter watching Jasper and you.

Jasper filled a shot glass about halfway with a clear liquid from a bottle under the counter then crossed over to the Neon pipe. He held the glass under and used the nozzle to fill it up the rest of the way. The liquid coming out of the glass was red, but when it mixed with the clear fluid already in the glass it turned kind of pinkish. He set it down in front of you and then pulled out a box from under the counter filled with what looked like metal shavings. He sprinkled a few into your drink and they immediately disappeared, but your pink shot glass began to glow.

"There you go." He smiled and leaned against the counter smoothly.

You didn't fully see his look of pride because you were too busy staring at the glowing concoction in front of you. This fucking drink was glowing. Glowing. Last you checked, humans weren't supposed to drink glowing stuff. That's how people died.

You couldn't ask if it was radioactive without looking even more like an idiot. Your eyes drifted up to see both men watching you. It was too late to back down now. If Orion were here you wouldn't be in this mess. Apparently you needed the spark to babysit you 24/7.

"Bottoms up." You mumbled and grabbed the glass. With one last breath, hoping it wouldn't literally be your last breath, you downed the glass. Half of it was already traveling down your throat, but the rest settled on your tongue unpleasantly. You sprayed it back out like a spit-take, regretting ever picking up the glass. That was by far the worst thing you've ever tasted. Worse than taste though, it felt weird. It felt like little explosions were occurring all along your tongue and down your throat. It was like you had filled your mouth with an entire pouch of acid flavored pop rocks and then poured straight vodka into your mouth.

Around that time you stopped focusing on how gross it was and the fact that you had literally sprayed alcohol out of your mouth and onto Jasper. Most of the drink had gone down, but the small amount of liquid you didn't get down had sprayed over the pour guy like a mist. He used his hand to wipe some off his face, but he still had a few droplets on his shirt.

"I am so sorry." You breathed in regret. At this point you wished you were in that desert far away from here and your embarrassment.

He gave you a thumbs up and leaned away, "No, no. It's ok. I'm just gonna go...change my shirt."

As Jasper left through the double doors your eyes landed on the other guy who was staring at you with a mix of amusement, confusion, and pity. You could understand his mix of reactions considering you felt a bit mixed up yourself. However, your emotions were closer to humiliation, shame, and guilt. Confusion was in there too, but at this point you were basically at a constant state of confusion.

"I've seen Jasper get shot down all sorts of ways from different girls." He commented and his lips stretched into a smile as he bit back chuckles, "But spitting Neon on him is definitely a new one."

You shook your head, "If you have something heavy behind the counter I would really appreciate it if you just hit me over the head with it and put me out of my misery. Thanks."

"So", He moved down the bar to stand in front of me. He grabbed the glass and set it aside then began to wipe the bar itself down, "I'm going to say it's safe to assume you aren't familiar with the Elemental drinks."

"Was it that obvious?"

He chuckled then turned to point at the squares, "Neon is one of the stronger drinks. All the noble gases are. A girl your size", He turned back around to give you a once over, "I'd say three would have you out cold and that's only if you can hold your liquor down."

"I'm actually pretty lousy at holding my alcohol." You admitted. You were always the first one drunk at parties, which is why you didn't drink that often.

He nodded and gave you a smug smile, "I've noticed."

You groaned, "I'm never going to live that down."

"Probably not." He admitted, "You'll probably always be known as the girl who spat Neon all over Jasper. Honestly, I kind of owe you. He's been nagging me all morning and you got rid of him fast."

"Well, you're welcome um..."

He paused in his movements for a second before continuing, "Bellamy."

"Nice to meet you, Bellamy." You nodded. The double doors opened and a guy about Jasper's age stepped out with a plate. He looked Asian in descent, but Asia technically didn't exist anymore right? His thick, black hair was straight and shaggy, sweeping to the side and brushing the top of his eyebrows. He wore a collared shirt and walked over with the plate.

"I have a lunch special", He set the plate down in front of you and you quickly thanked him before he turned to Bellamy, "Hey, do you know why Jasper left to change his shirt?"

Bellamy smirked and you buried your face into your hands mortified at the question. The guy cleared his throat and mumbled, "Is she ok?"

"She's having a bad day, Monty. Do me a favor and go do the inventory while Jasper is gone?" You looked up again in time to watch Monty leave after giving you one last glance. Bellamy nodded at you, "I'll get you something to drink if you promise not to spit it at me."

You forced a smile, "I think I'll take a water."

He nodded and headed down the bar. You looked at your plate at the sandwich they brought out to you. It looked like a normal ham sandwich. There was lettuce and tomato and cheese, and none of it was glowing which was a great sign in your opinion. You shrugged and took a bite just as Bellamy brought back a glass of ice water for you.

"Thanks." You mumbled with your hand over your mouth. He let you eat in silence as he rearranged something under the counter behind him. He was crouched down with his back to you. You finished about half of your sandwich before speaking up, "Do you own this place?"

Bellamy glanced over his shoulder from the stuff he was moving and shook his head, "No. Friends owns it, but I'm in charge today."

"Just today?" You picked up the other half to take another bite.

He stood up from his crouch and turned to face you, "They own the place, work only here. Me and a bunch of the others pick up shifts here, but we work in other places full-time."

"Where do you work?"

"The docks."

You smiled, "Really? Do you like move ships around or clear them for landing or something?"

He narrowed his eyes, "Anybody ever tell you that you're kind of nosy?"

Your smile became sheepish, but it didn't falter, "Sorry. I'm not usually this nosy, but it just seems like I'm curious about everything lately."

Bellamy shifted in his stance and rubbed the back of his neck briefly, "I'm a guard down there. I keep watch, make sure everything is going smoothly and no pirates get in and cause trouble."

You blinked in shock as a look of excitement spread across your features, "Wait, pirates? Like, space pirates?"

He began to chuckle to himself while shaking his head, "Sorry. It's just the last time I saw anyone get that excited over the prospect of space pirates I was talking to my 4 year old nephew."

"Your nephew sounds like a fun dude then." You replied, "Have you ever met one?"

"As a matter of fact, I have. He tried to shoot me."

You chuckled, "Well, pirate." He shook his head and you went thought back to his statement before the last, "How old are you?"

If Bellamy was getting used to your nosy questions he wasn't showing it, "27. Why?"

"Just curious." You replied. "I thought you were younger."

"You?" He continued the conversation. You told him '22' and his eyes widened slightly, "I thought you were a couple years older than that."

You just smiled in response. The irony behind his statement wasn't lost on you. The double doors opened and Bellamy's attention drifted. You took that opportunity to continue eating. The food was either really or you were too hungry to notice otherwise.

"Bellamy, I need a six pack of- what does he like, Sora?"

"Oh, he likes-"

"Lithium!"

You glanced over your shoulder to see three people step in, two guys and one girl. The girl was tall and thin with a dark, tan complexion. She had an oval shaped face with high cheekbones, and her brown eyes nearly screamed annoyance. Her long brown hair was tied up in a high ponytail and she wore a red leather jacket over a dark gray tank top.

Beside her was a guy with light brown hair spiked up rather messily. His big, blue eyes were filled with energy and he wore a wide grin on his face. His shirt was a dark blue v-neck with a thin white collar. He wore a black, short sleeve jacket over it.

The last guy followed up behind them and was the tallest of them. His dirty blond hair was pushed to the side and his hazel eyes sparkled with excitement. He had scruff along his jawline and above his upper lip. He wore a long sleeve off blue shirt.

"I'll check the back for any packs." Bellamy said and turned to leave.

The girl headed straight for the ladder, "I'm gonna get him the parts. Do not go out and bother him, Wick."

The blond guy held his hands up in mock surrender as a playful smile hung off his lips, "I won't..." The girl climbed up the ladder and the moment she was out of sight he began to back pedal out, "...much."

This left only the blue-eyed guy who walked over and sat at the bar. He glanced at you and looked away before snapping his eyes back at you. You pulled your eyes away from your sandwich and gave him a tight-lipped smile with food tucked in your cheek like a chipmunk.

"Have we met before?"

"I don't think so." You said after swallowing your food. Not unless you were born 888 years ago, dude. "Why?"

He tilted his head slightly, but kept his cheerful smile, "You just looked kind of familiar is all. Sorry. My name is Sora."

"Hi. [Name]." You replied with a friendly nod of your head. Bellamy came back a moment later with a six-pack. Each can was a dull gray with a bright green stripe around it.

He looked at Sora, "Here's the six pack. You paying for it, Sora, or is Raven?"

"I'll take it." He replied and held out his arm, "It's still 25 gil right?"

Bellamy nodded and pulled a handheld scanner from under the counter and to the right. He flashed the light over Sora's wrist and a familiar pink circle flashed once before disappearing. Sora beamed and pulled the six-pack towards him.

"Can I pay for my stuff too?" You asked with a smile.

Bellamy nodded, "Your total's 15 gil."

"Is that with or without the Neon?"

"Without." Bellamy replied and motioned for you to hold your arm out. You paused for a moment trying to remember which arm had your pink circle then stuck out your left arm.

A frown settled on your face, "You can charge me for that. I kinda wasted it."

"Trust me", Bellamy replied and scanned your arm, "Seeing Jasper wear the Neon was enough payment."

Sora opened his mouth to speak then closed it in thought. Bellamy grabbed your plate and took it back to the kitchen. You glanced at the six-pack, "So, what type is that again?"

"Oh, Lithium." Sora beamed, "It's a favorite of a friend of mine. He's kind of grumpy at the moment."

You chuckled, "He's grumpy so you're just gonna fill him up with alcohol?"

"Basically." Sora shrugged.

The woman from earlier climbed down the ladder and jumped off about half way landing on her feet. She turned around with a bag hanging from one wrist. Her eyes drifted around the room, "Where did Wick go?"

"Oh, he's outside with Cid." Sora replied standing up.

The woman groaned and marched toward the front door. You began to rise from your own seat as she shook her head and thought aloud, "Highwind is going to murder my boyfriend one of these days."

Your foot slipped at the familiar name and you nearly fell off the barstool just as Bellamy walked back out. Sora held his arm out for you to grab and straighten yourself, but Bellamy just shook his head at you, "You're kind of a disaster aren't you?"

"Are you alright?" Sora asked in concern.

"I'm good." You nodded with a blush across your cheeks, "I'm good, I just- Did she say Highwind?"

Sora nodded, "Yeah, Cid Highwind. He's outside waiting for some spare parts."

You rushed for the door then came to a screeching halt. Quickly, you whipped around and gave Bellamy a big smile, "Thanks for everything, it was nice to meet you! Tell Jasper I said that I'm really, really sorry."

"I'll pass it on." Bellamy nodded with an amused smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

You spun on your heel and rushed outside into the bright sunlight. Standing in front of the building where you had been earlier was the blond guy named Wick who was excitedly speaking to another blond man. This blond man, however, was not excited. His arms were crossed over a dirty t-shirt and a cigarette hung from the frown on his face. His own blond hair was pushed back with a pair of working goggles. Behind him was a large wagon with no wheels that floated above the ground. Stacked on top of it were machine parts and wires.

The woman grabbed Wick's arm and began to pull him back, "Sorry, Cid. Everything you need is in the bag. Now, our payment?"

"He doesn't owe us anything, Raven." Wick waved his hand, "This is Cid Highwind for crying out loud."

"If we keep giving out stuff for free we'll go broke, Wick." Raven argued with exasperation in her voice.

Cid pulled a card out of his back pocket and handed it to her, "Run inside and transfer over 100 gil. I'll know if you transfer a gil over too."

Raven took the card and turned to head back inside. She rolled her eyes then briefly locked eyes with you before walking by. Sora stepped out and lifted the six-pack, "Got it, Cid!"

"Are you really Cid Highwind??" You asked stepping toward him. His blue eyes narrowed at you in suspicion.

Wick threw his hands up, "Finally, someone who understands. Yes. This is the Cid Highwind." He turned back to Cid, "I know I've told you this a million times, but your aircraft designs from back in the day are phenomenal. I grew up with your blueprints as my inspiration! You should really come check out some of my designs. I don't do aircraft of course, but-"

"Sorry, I don't mean to interrupt." You cut in and Cid let out a breath of relief, "But a friend of mine told me that I should try and find you. Do you know anything about ghosts?"

Cid stared at you a moment before shaking his head, "I don't deal with that supernatural mumbo jumbo. You're lookin' for Bobby Singer, darlin'."

"Supernatural?" You shook your head, "What? No. I'm not asking about freaking Casper I-"

"Who the hell is Casper?" Cid barked.

You held back a groan, "Nobody! I'm asking about an organization that might be called ghost or ghosts. I don't know anything about them except sort of a title and I'm trying to learn more."

The cigarette fell from Cid's lips when his jaw fell open in surprise. He took a step toward you and away from his floating wagon of metal, "Where did you hear about them??"

"It's...a long story, but do you have information on them? You know what I'm talking about?" You pressed in excitement. This was a start. Someone who knew what the hell you were talking about. It was a small one, sure, but sometimes all it took was baby steps.

The next thing to happen sure as hell wasn't anticipated. Raven came out and you were presuming she'd give Cid his card back and Cid would reveal everything there was to know about Ghost and you would have all the answers you were looking for. Ok, so maybe that was an exaggeration, but a shirtless guy with a sheath of arrows on his back, bow in hand, covered in war paint and smeared eyeliner didn't pop into your expectations.

Nobody had noticed him when he was sprinting down the road toward the Dropship, but everyone noticed him when he stopped about ten feet from the group and started yelling in a different language. Warning bells were going off in your mind, but confusion came out in the forefront.

"Grounder!" Raven called in panic.

Before anybody could move the guy lifted his arm, loaded back an arrow, and then let it fly. There was a cry of pain and you glanced back to see Raven had an arrow lodged in her shoulder. It had missed her heart by inches and you assumed that was because she had lunged to the right.

"Raven!" Wick roared and rushed to her side just in time to catch her as she collapsed. You were moving before you could even register what you were doing. Cid was pulling something out of the wagon, a long staff, while Sora ran in calling for Bellamy to call for paramedics, but you had already took off after the guy who had sprinted away.

You could see him about twenty feet ahead. People were lunging out of the way so the man didn't flatten them. No one was concerned about you flattening him or her though so they continued to get in your way. Surprisingly, it wasn't a problem. You dove and juked through the crowd to keep up with the man. You had always been a determined person. Once your mind decided on something there was no stopping you, and for some reason your mind decided it wanted to catch this guy and bring him down. You had no idea who he was or what a grounder was. Hell, you didn't even really know who Raven was, but nobody should ever get away with shooting someone else with an arrow.

His pace had slowed slightly and you didn't relent on your sprint. He glanced over his shoulder calmly and his eyes widened at the sight of you barreling toward him. He tried to take off again, but it was too late. He had sealed his fate.

You leaped forward, jumping on his back, bringing him to the hard ground and then you rolled forward landing on your feet with your back to him. You spun around to face the guy, "Dude, rude."

The sudden thought occurred to you that maybe the bad guy in this scenario was Raven. She seemed ok, but you hadn't even spoken directly to her. For all you knew she could've burned this guy's house down or something. You weren't a huge believer in revenge, you were just raised that way by your parents with the whole 'two wrongs don't make a right' ordeal, but what exactly had you just literally thrown yourself at?

All your second guessing came to an abrupt halt when the guy yelled something in his own language, jumped up, and tried to knock your head off with his bow. You had the absolute worst luck with people screaming foreign obscenities at you while also trying to hurt you. Had it even been 24 hours since the last time this happened?

You ducked under the bow and slid to the side. Your hands drifted up in a defense position that your mind wasn't familiar with, but your body felt comfortable with. He charged with his bow swinging from each and every direction, but each attack seemed like it was coming in slow motion. All you had to do was side step here, duck there, and he couldn't touch you.

Suddenly his swings stopped and he turned the bow and loaded an arrow faster than you thought was possible. This jackass knew what he was doing. You still didn't know what side was the right one in this fight technically, but he officially became a jackass when he went to hit you.

He pulled back the string to let the arrow fly point blank into your face, but you grabbed the bow and pulled yourself toward him and to the side just in time for the arrow to fly by your ear. At this close range you threw two quick, uppercut punches right beneath his ribcage sending him to the ground in pain and gasping for breath.

Why did you punch him there? No idea, but it worked like a charm. With the way he was gasping it probably had something to do with the lungs, right? Your eyes drifted to your hands in confusion. What exactly were you capable of?

The guy clutched his side still trying to gasp for breath. You knelt down and reached for him, "Hey, can you breathe? Stay calm."

His glare narrowed at you and his hand drifted down to the back of his pants where he pulled out a sharp, hunting knife of sorts. He lunged forward to swipe at you and the knife brushed against your forearm. You felt the pressure, but when you looked down at your arms you realize the 'oh so' sharp blade hadn't even broken your skin.

The guy screamed in frustration and lunged for you again, but this time you didn't just try to block the knife with your arms. In fact, your reaction this time was immediate and far more effective. You threw yourself back, landing on your butt, and your hands went from your sides to holding something in front of you. His eyes widened and he dropped his knife in defeat.

You couldn't tear your eyes away from the gun in your hands. Did you just-?

"Yes!" You cried out in triumph unaware that the people surrounding you were staring at the two of you in curiosity and fear. You were too preoccupied with the fact that you pulled this random gun out of your subspace. Where was Orion when you needed someone to brag to?

Although, you didn't have much to brag on considering you were starting to wonder how you made it go back. You quickly rose to your feet with the gun in one hand. Go back home weapon of destruction. Join your comrades in the subspace or whatever. Maybe there was a manual for this on your ship somewhere.

"Freeze!"

The sudden voice startled you to the point where you dropped your gun. Except when it fell it didn't hit the ground, but rather it disappeared into nowhere. Hopefully nowhere was your subspace. You tore your gaze from the ground to see men in uniforms had surrounded the two of you.

"Oh, hi." You bit your lower lip and glanced around, "Listen, I think you have a mix up I'm not-"

"We said freeze!"

"Right, right! I'm not moving!" You held your hands up in surrender. How was this even fair?

You glanced over your shoulder looking down the road in hopes that Cid or Sora would show up to explain that you were actually being very heroic at the moment. That'd be a lot of help.

"Slowly get down on the ground." One of the closer officers barked. His uniform included a helmet that covered his face and the weapon he had pointed at you didn't look like a normal gun. There was a nagging at the back of your mind that said you recognized it. Thoughts of electricity crossed your mind making the hair at the back of you neck stand up. Was it a glorified Taser?

If you could get punched in the face without feeling much pain and slashed with a knife without losing a drop of blood would a Taser's effect be lessened too? The curiosity ate away at you, but your rational side screamed that you didn't want to test that theory out.

"I'm getting down." You said slowly and lowered yourself to one knee. When you went to put your hands on the ground you suddenly found yourself holding the gun again. Your eyes were wide in panic, "Motherfuc-"

One of the officers fired, you weren't sure whom, and your last thought had been the sickening realization that your 888-year-old body was not immune to Tasers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 0 53
Arianna Jo Coulter hates starting a new job, at twenty-five she'd been working as an ER nurse in her hometown since she graduated from nursing school...
961 24 25
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...
309 109 16
........when pain comes to stay, revenge may be the only way.......... When she fell into my arms, bleeding continuously. My world stopped. For the...
101K 3.6K 29
I stood on the edge of the rooftop. My eyes closed and my mind free. I'm ready. Now is the time. I could feel my breath quickening, Breathe in, Breat...