𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

New York

2.5K 90 37
By mayasbitxh

Bailey laid on her stomach on the floor of the nursery as she played with Ava and Maya, giggling as she kept them from sticking their hands and feet in their mouths. Julian came in, and he smiled as he watched the younger girl interact with their kids.

"Hi, Julian," Bailey said as she looked up at the older boy. "What's up?"

"They just landed in New York," Julian said as he sat down on the floor next to Bailey.

"That's good," the blonde said as Maya reached a hand out to grab at her hair. "No, no, silly baby," she chuckled as she gently took her daughter's tiny hand in hers. "It means a lot that you missed out on going to New York to stay here with me. You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to," Julian said, pulling Ava onto his lap and smiling when she looked up at him with innocent blue eyes. "I think we're really gonna nail this parenting thing."

"Even though we have no idea what we're doing?" Bailey asked as she sat up.

"I don't think anyone does," the older boy shrugged, leaning in a little. "But we'll figure it out together."

"I like the sound of that," Bailey said, glancing down at Julian's lips as she began to lean in as well.

Their lips met in a tender kiss filled with nothing but love and adoration for the other person. Ava reached a hand up and smacked Julian's cheek, making him laugh and pull away. 

"Baby says no PDA," the older boy chuckled. 

"She's the boss," Bailey shrugged, reaching a hand out to lightly tap Ava's nose.

****

Adalynn laid with her head resting in Quinn's lap as they sat in the hotel room. She smiled as a text appeared in the group chat from her cousin that included a photo of Bailey and the twins.

"My god twins are just the cutest," Santana cooed as she looked at the picture.

"Who made you the godmother?" Adalynn asked, turning her head to look at Santana across the room.

"Me," the Latina shrugged. "Duh."

"Do you know that I can get an ahi tartare and a steak sandwich at three in the morning from their all-night dining menu?" Kurt asked. "I feel like Eloise."

"I have pills for that," said Brittany.

"Alright, guys," said Mr. Schue. "This is your time. Now, you are all on lockdown til you finish writing our songs for nationals. I want at least two solid verses by the time I get back."

"Aren't you gonna help us?" Tina asked.

"I, um... I will be back and read your amazing creations and give notes. But right now I have to head to the theatre to, uh, fill out some paperwork."

"I call BS on that," Adalynn mumbled as Mr. Schue left the room. "This is so not fair," she whined as Quinn began to thread her fingers through her brunette locks. "I want to see the city, Lucy."

"I know, Addie," the older girl said. "We'll see it soon enough."

Adalynn sighed and closed her eyes, relaxing as Quinn continued to play with her hair. Time passed so slowly, but after a while, Brittany said she was done writing. The younger girl sat up and rested her head on Quinn's shoulder.

"Hold on," Tina said as the song ended. "Are you singing about a cup?"

"Yeah, totally," said Brittany.

"We gotta get out of here," Quinn said, standing up and grabbing her coat.

"Yes," Adalynn agreed. "We're in New fucking York."

"No, no, no," said Rachel. "Mr. Schue gave us explicit instructions."

"To write a song," said Quinn. "And our problem is that our only inspiration are mattresses and bathroom cups."

"Plus, he's not even here," Adalynn added as she got up to go stand by her girlfriend. "Quinn's right. We're in the artist capital of the world. Poets, musicians, actors, playwrights. Every dreamer that's lived has passed through this city. If we want our dreams to come true, we need to be out there, not stuck in here."

"I don't think this is a good idea," said Finn. "I mean, we still got those songs to write. If we don't write them, we're gonna lose."

"No," said Lauren. "They're right. Can't you hear the city calling to you?"

"We don't need to write songs for nationals," Quinn said, putting an arm around Adalynn's shoulders. "New York is gonna write them for us."

****

Kurt quietly opened the door to the girls room and tip-toed inside. Everyone was still asleep, and he smiled when he saw his sister curled up in a chair with Quinn, the older girl holding her close to her.

He hated to do this, especially since she hated being woken up, but this was something he didn't want her to miss out on.

"Adalynn," Kurt whispered, gently tapping the younger girl's arm. She groaned and opened her eyes slightly. "You, me, and Rachel are going to breakfast at Tiffany's."

****

"We're gonna get into so much trouble for this," Rachel said as she, Kurt, and Adalynn stood outside of Tiffany's with bagels and coffee.

"Who cares?" Adalynn scoffed as she took a sip from her coffee. "I regret nothing."

"How awesome are these bagels?" Kurt asked.

"Ugh, you guys are the only ones besides me who understands how amazing this place is," Rachel gushed. "Which is why I have a secret to tell you. When we graduate, I'm coming back here and I'm going to college here. This is where I belong."

"Me too," Adalynn nodded, taking a bite of her bagel.

"I'm so coming too," Kurt agreed. "And I talked to Blaine. He's on board as well."

"Oh, good," Rachel sighed. "But what am I gonna do about Finn? I mean, I think he wants to get back together, and I really do too, but I can't have anything keep me from my Manhattan destiny."

"Bring him along," Kurt suggested. "He'll be great if we need to move anything heavy."

"No, no. Finn won't come. He's too much of a country boy."

"The age-old dilemma," Adalynn sighed. "Love or career?"

"You're gonna have to make a choice," said Kurt.

"I don't know how," said Rachel.

"I do," the older boy said. "Follow me."

Kurt took off in a speed walk down the street, Rachel and Adalynn following close behind. After walking for a while, they approached one of the Broadway theatres. Adalynn gasped and grabbed Rachel's arm when she saw the Wicked billboard.

"I love this show, but it's not helping me make up my mind," the older girl said.

"We have to go in," Adalynn breathed.

"Strike that," Kurt smirked. "We have to break in."

"No way," the younger girl shook her head. "We're gonna get in so much trouble."

"Only if we're caught," the brunette boy said, grabbing his sister's arm. "Come on."

The trio snuck into the theatre, adrenaline coursing through their veins at the thrill of the rebellion they were showcasing by breaking every rule they agreed to when they signed the permission slip for the trip.

"We can't be in here," Rachel said as they walked down the aisle to the stage. "They say that if you get arrested in a theatre, you're blackballed for life!"

"Hey," a voice called. The three stopped dead in their tracks and turned to see a security guard. "You're not supposed to be in here."

"We're extras," Kurt quickly said, putting his acting skills to good use. "They told us to come early."

"We're being fitted for our munchkin costumes," Adalynn added.

"You're from Indiana, right?" the guy asked.

"Ohio, actually," said Rachel.

"You got some big Broadway dream about singing a song on a real Broadway stage."

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Adalynn asked.

"Look, we're really sorry," said Kurt. "We'll get out of–"

"You've got 15 minutes," the man said as he turned and walked away.

Adalynn, Rachel, and Kurt exchanged excited looks and ran up to the stage. The younger girl gasped as she looked up and around the area. She loved how it felt to be on stage, and she could just see the audience cheering for her.

"If you have to make a choice, you have to visualize both of the options," said Kurt.

"How?" Rachel asked.

"Sing. Picture yourself standing in front of a full audience belting out the final song of one of the greatest musicals of all time."

"There's no orchestra," Adalynn said, motioning to the orchestra pit.

"Make one," said Kurt. "In your mind."

And as the three sang For Good, Adalynn knew that performing really was her dream. She wanted this to be her life. She wanted to feel the thrill of performing on Broadway in front of a large audience. She wouldn't be alone. Rachel and Kurt we're going. If they could live their dreams, she could too.

****

"Where have you three been?" Santana asked as Rachel, Kurt, and Adalynn came into the hotel room.

"Doing things you're never going to get the chance to do since you weren't with us," Adalynn said as she sat down on the floor next to Quinn, who's hair was cut short. "That looks really good."

"Thanks," Quinn smiled.

"What did we miss?" Rachel asked.

"Schue's leaving us to be on Broadway," Puck mumbled.

"He's what?" Kurt gasped.

"Alright, guys," Mr. Schue said as he came into the room with a bunch of pizza boxes. "Who's up for some real New York City pizza?"

"We heard," Adalynn mumbled.

"Heard what?"

"About you leaving to be on Broadway," said Mercedes.

"Look," Mr. Schue sighed as he set the pizza boxes down. "I haven't made up my mind about anything."

"We get it," said Kurt. "And we're happy for you."

"You've inspired us in so many ways, so... this is just another," said Rachel.

"I don't understand," said Mr. Schue. "Who told you guys?"

"Goolsby," said Tina.

"Are you okay, Mr. Schue?" Mike asked.

"I'm not going," the curly haired man said. "I'm staying with you guys. I had my moment on that stage-"

"So did I," Adalynn whispered, smiling to herself as she remembered how it felt singing with her brother and Rachel on a real Broadway stage.

"-and it was glorious. But you and I have some unfinished business to take care of. Now get out your notebooks. Time to get to work. Come on, this is nationals, people!"

Puck got up and went over to hug Mr. Schue. Everyone exchanged a look before getting up to join in a group hug. 

****

Adalynn was pacing back and forth backstage. She doesn't usually get stage fright, but there was a lot at steak here. Quinn came up and put her hands on her shoulders.

"Breathe," the older girl said, brushing some hair out of her face. "There's nothing to be nervous about."

"There's so many people out there," Adalynn said, panic rising in her voice. "We've never performed in a crowd of people that big before."

"First time for everything," Quinn shrugged. "You're gonna be just fine. Now let's go out there and win this thing."

****

Adalynn was laying on the floor of the nursery playing with the twins as she filled Bailey and Julian in on their time in New York and their 12th place win.

"It was so weird," the brunette said. "All the energy that we had throughout the week just... poof... it went away after we saw that we didn't place in the top 10. Then we got back to the hotel, and Santana lost it. We were all trying to hold her back as she yelled at Rachel in Spanish, and then the whole flight back was just... quiet."

"You don't seem upset," Bailey said as she pulled Maya onto her lap.

"Did Finn really make out with Rachel on stage?" Julian scoffed. "And you call me the fucking idiot."

"Woah, Julian, language," the blonde said, lightly covering her daughter's ears. "There are children in the room. They can hear you."

"Sorry," the older boy said. "So, how come you don't seem mad, little Adalynn?"

"I mean, I hated losing as much as everyone else, but I had the most amazing time. I flew on a plane for the first time, had breakfast at Tiffany's, I sang on a real Broadway stage with my amazingly talented brother and Rachel. And I get to spend another year with all my friends, so... I'm good. I have nothing to be mad about," Adalynn explained. "Plus I have these little cuties, too," she added with a smile as she reached a hand out to Ava, who wrapped her little hand around one of her fingers.

****

It was the last day of school. Bailey had brought the twins so that the Glee Club could meet them, and it was safe to say that they were officially welcomed into the New Direction's family.

Quinn had officially come out, and she wasted no time showing the whole school that Adalynn was hers, which the younger girl couldn't be more happy about.

And as the Glee Club laughed and acted like little kids, there was no denying that they really had become a family. Sure they fought a lot and threatened to quit every week, but things like that happen in families. 

"You wanna see what 12th place looks like?" Mr. Schue asked as he held up a small trophy and everyone cheered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 391 12
in which the quiet writer with the soft voice cares about the former cheerio who has never had anyone really care before. 2023 Best Quinn Fic Honorab...
82.9K 996 18
AU: Punk!Quinn and G!P Quinn with Cheerio!Rachel. Beginning Sophomore year at McKinley, Rachel has a very decent, normal life until she meets Quinn F...
30.4K 670 20
-------- 𝑪𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒘- TV girl "𝐖𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐁𝐞�...