𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

Prom Queen

2.4K 90 67
By mayasbitxh

"Are you kidding me?" Adalynn scoffed, closing her locker.

"Addie, it's just for one night," Quinn sighed. "We've been over this."

"But you're going with him," the younger girl said, glaring up at the blonde. "What am I supposed to do all night? Hm? Sit and watch you hang all over my step brother just so you can win a stupid crown that isn't going to matter after you graduate?"

"Adalynn, I promise as soon as prom is over–"

"You've been saying the same thing for months," Adalynn spat. "And I have kept my mouth shut and given you time to think things over. I'm sick of feeling like nothing more than your little side-chick while you pretend like you're in love with Finn."

"Finn and I aren't even–"

"Just save it. I'm tired of hearing your excuses."

Adalynn turned on her heel and walked away, ignoring the words Quinn was saying as she turned a corner and headed to her next class.

****

Bailey sat down in the back row next to a very glum looking Adalynn. She reached into her bag and handed her a Hershey's Kiss.

"Here, chocolate makes everything better," the blonde said.

"Thanks, Bails," Adalynn mumbled as she took the chocolate from her friend.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Bailey asked.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"I've been to Ann Taylor Loft, Filene's Basement, and, like, six Forever 21's and I can not find a dress that fits," Lauren said as she came into the choir room with Santana and Brittany. "I'm gonna be forced to make my own dress for prom."

"Don't, you'll seem poor," Brittany said as she sat down next to Adalynn and accepted a Hershey's Kiss from her sister.

"You're up for queen, you can't make your own prom dress," said Santana. "Prom is like our Oscars. It's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives."

"What about getting married?" Lauren asked.

"Oh, you can get married as many times as you want," said Quinn. "You only have one shot at your junior prom."

"What are you guys talking about?" Mercedes asked as she entered the room.

"Prom dresses," said Lauren.

"Thank god I don't have to worry about that," said Mercedes. "I'm not going."

"Me either," Adalynn said, crossing her arms and leaning her head onto Brittany's shoulder in an attempt to make Quinn jealous.

"Why not?" Kurt asked.

"Cause nobody's asked me," said Mercedes.

"I'm just a sophomore," Adalynn mumbled.

"You're going with us, Adalynn," said Julian. "No excuses."

"Alright, guys," Mr. Schue said, starting the lesson. "Prom."

"Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom," Sam groaned.

"Nope. We are the prom. Figgins has asked us to perform."

"Let's do Run Joey Run," Rachel eagerly said.

"Let's not," Julian mumbled. "That was a disaster."

"Now, I know this isn't ideal with nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice," Mr. Schue continued. "And, we could really use the money. But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So we're gonna stagger at the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

"Excuse me," Mercedes said as she got up and left the choir room.

"Is she okay?" Mr. Schue asked.

"Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom," Quinn informed.

"So?" Brittany asked. "I don't have a date. I'm just going to dance. And then all of your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so... your dates are really my dates."

****

Adalynn sat on the couch between Julian and Finn as they discussed prom with Blaine, who Kurt had invited to go with them.

"So you think it's cool if I jam with you guys at prom?" the Warbler asked.

"Yeah, totally," said Finn.

"Good news, boys," Burt said as he came into the room. "My buddy Enzo from the tux rental shop is giving you half off."

"Sweet," Julian smiled.

"Yeah. So what are you gonna go with?"

"I'm going simple," said Blaine. "Black, thin lapel collar, very discreet."

"You know what I wore at my prom?" Burt asked with a grin. "I wore a powder blue tux with a ruffled shirt and a big velour bowtie. I looked like Tony Orlando."

"Was that a designer?" Julian asked.

"No, idiot," Adalynn scoffed, elbowing her cousin.

"No need for half off my outfit!" Kurt exclaimed as he came into the living room wearing a tux top and a skirt.

"Because half of it is already off?" Julian snorted as Adalynn roughly elbowed him. "Ow!"

"Shut up, idiot," the younger girl said before turning to her brother. "Kurt, you look awesome."

"Thank you," Kurt beamed. "My ensemble is an homage to the recent royal wedding and the late Alexander McQueen. I had to make it myself. There's simply nothing off the rack that is suitable for the young fashionable man in Ohio."

"Dude, that rocks," said Finn. "It's like gay Braveheart."

"I don't like it," Burt shrugged.

"Well, of course you don't like it," said Kurt. "It's not finished yet. I think it still needs, like, a sash, or maybe some beads."

"No beads," Adalynn shook her head. "Anything but beads."

"I'm not gonna stop you from wearing it," said Burt. "But I gotta be honest, I think you're just trying to stir the pot a little bit. I think you're trying to get some attention."

"Exactly!" Kurt exclaimed. "What's the point of dressing up? I mean, that's why some guys wear the tails or the top hat and the girls wear the hoop skirts. I mean, Blaine, help me out here."

"I think your dad has a point," said Blaine. "I think what he's trying to say is that we just don't want to give anyone a reason to cause any trouble."

"There's a lot of bad people out there, Kurt, and they're a lot worse than this Karofsky kid," said Burt. "And all they're looking for is a match to light under the fire of their hate. Of course, I want you to be yourself. But I also want you to be practical."

"I have done everything right," said Kurt. "Now Blaine, I understand that after what you've been through, you're worried. But prom is about joy, not about fear. So I'm wearing this suit. I worked hard on it and I think it's fantastic. And if you don't want to join me, I completely understand."

"Preach," Adalynn said, snapping her fingers.

****

Bailey walked into prom with her arm looped in Julian's. She didn't want to go, especially since the due date was just weeks away, but her sister wasn't taking no for an answer. After lots of begging, she finally gave in and said yes when Julian asked her to be his date.

"Remember to take it easy, okay?" Julian reminded. "And stay away from the punch. I'm pretty sure Puck spiked it. I have water bottles in my car if you get thirsty. Oh, and try not to–"

"Julian, I'll be fine," Bailey said, smiling at how the older boy seemed more anxious than her.

The pair spotted Adalynn at a table by herself with her head in her hands, staring longingly at Quinn as she danced with Finn. They went over and sat down next to her.

"Don't let this ruin your night, Adalynn," said Julian.

"She could ruin my life and I'd still thank her," the brunette mumbled, running a hand through her curled hair before crossing her arms and slouching down in her chair. "I can't believe I let you guys convince me into coming to this thing."

"You can hang out with us," said Bailey. "It's not like I'm gonna be doing much dancing, anyway."

"Alright. But I have something I need to do first."

Adalynn stood up and made her way to the stage. She had signed up to perform a song, and she knew exactly which one to sing to get her feelings out.

She wasn't mad. She wasn't sad. And she didn't hate Quinn even though she wanted to.

Adalynn stepped up to the mic. She briefly looked over at Quinn, who averted her gaze the minute her eyes met the younger girl's. The music started, and Adalynn pushed all thoughts of everything out of her mind so that she could focus on the song.

In the heat of the fight I walked away
Ignorin' words that you were sayin'
Tryna make me stay
I said, "This time I've had enough"
And you've called a hundred times
But I'm not picking up

'Cause I'm so mad I might tell you that it's over
But if you look a little closer

I said, "Leave," but all I really want is you
To stand outside my window throwin' pebbles
Screamin', "I'm in love with you"
Wait there in the pourin' rain, comin' back for more
And don't you leave 'cause I know
All I need is on the other side of the door

Me and my stupid pride are sittin' here alone
Goin' through the photographs, starin' at the phone
I keep goin' back over things we both said
And I remember the slamming door
And all the things that I misread

Oh, babe, if you know everything
Tell me why you couldn't see
When I left, I wanted you to chase after me, yeah

I said, "Leave," but all I really want is you
To stand outside my window throwin' pebbles
Screamin', "I'm in love with you"
Wait there in the pourin' rain, comin' back for more
And don't you leave 'cause I know
All I need is on the other side of the door

And I'll scream out the window
I can't even look at you
I don't need you but I do, I do, I do
I say, "There's nothing you can say
To make this right again, I mean it, I mean it"
But what I mean is

I said, "Leave," but, baby, all I want is you
To stand outside my window throwin' pebbles
Screamin', "I'm in love with you"
Wait there in the pourin' rain, comin' back for more
And don't you leave 'cause I know
All I need is on the other side of the door

With your face and the beautiful eyes
And the conversation with the little white lies
And the faded picture of a beautiful night
You carried me from your car up the stairs
And I broke down crying, was she worth this mess?
After everything and that little black dress
After everything I must confess, I need you

****

"Will the candidates for king and queen gather on the stage?" Principal Figgins said as the candidates came on stage. "The votes are in. This is the moment you've all been waiting for, where we announce our junior prom king and also prom queen. Roll the drum, please. This year's junior prom king is... David Karofsky! And now, your 2011 McKinley High prom queen... with an overwhelming number of write-in votes is... Kurt Hummel."

Adalynn's jaw dropped as she looked over at her brother, who turned and ran out of the gym with Blaine following close behind. She looked back to the stage and saw Quinn and Santana run off too.

"Fuck it," Adalynn sighed as she follwed the blonde out. "Quinn, wait!"

Julian looked over at Bailey, who's eyes were wide.

"Bailey, are you okay?" the older boy asked.

"My water just broke."

****

Quinn threw the door to the bathroom open, Adalynn following in moments later.

"You need to calm down," the younger girl said.

"This is your fault!" Quinn snapped, turning around to face the brunette. "Nobody ever would have voted for me because they know I would rather be with you."

"That's not true–"

Slap!

Adalynn gasped as Quinn's eyes widened in horror.

"Addie, I–"

Slap!

"There," said Adalynn. "Now we're even."

"I'm so sorry," Quinn said, eyes still wide.

"It's fine," the brunette mumbled, crossing her arms. "Like I said. We're even." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "No offense, but I honestly think you got exactly what you deserved. Serves you right for pretending to be someone you're not to try and win a stupid crown that you can buy at a party store."

"You're right," the older girl sighed. "I haven't been fair to you. You deserve better."

"I'd rather have this complicated relationship with you than have a 'normal' relationship with someone else," said Adalynn.

"I know you think it's hard to be you, Adalynn, but at least you don't have to be terrified all the time," Quinn said as the younger girl wet a paper towel under the sink.

"What are you so scared of?" Adalynn asked, handing the damp paper towel to Quinn.

"The future," the older girl said as she wiped her eyes. "When all this is gone."

"Quinnie, you have nothing to be scared of," the brunette said, taking a few steps closer to the blonde. "You're gonna be just fine. You're so much more than what you think you are, and I know you don't see yourself the way I see you, but I'm gonna be right here to help you no matter what."

"I really don't deserve you after everything I did to you this year."

"Too bad. You're stuck with me now. Because somebody made a promise. And I'm already yours."

"Well, lucky for you, I always keep my promises," Quinn said, gently cupping Adalynn's cheek and leaning in to connect their lips.

****

Everyone was back in the gym now. Quinn and Adalynn walked in, hand in hand, and went to stand with their friends. Kurt stepped up onto the stage and accepted his crown.

"Eat your heart out, Kate Middleton," the brunette boy smirked.

Adalynn started clapping, cheering along with everyone else. Music started, and she smiled softly as Kurt started to dance with Blaine. Quinn looked over at Adalynn and smiled. She grabbed her hands and pulled her out onto the dance floor, not caring in the slightest if people stared at them.

****

"They're so tiny," Bailey said softly as she stared wonderstruck at the sleeping babies in her arms. "Tiny humans."

"Still wanna keep them?" Julian asked, smiling softly when Bailey nodded. "They look like you."

"A little like you, too," the blonde said, her voice breaking.

"Hey, are you okay?" the older boy asked, gently touching Bailey's arm.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Bailey sniffled, forcing a small smile. "I'm just really happy."

The hospital room door opened, and Brittany, Santana, Quinn, Kurt, and Adalynn came in.

"Where are my god children?" Santana asked as she shoved Julian out of the way, smiling when she saw the little babies in Bailey's arms.

"They're so cute," Adalynn cooed, lightly touching one of the twin's tiny arms.

"They look like you, Bailey Bay," Brittany smiled.

"They're so tiny," Quinn gasped as she stared doe-eyed at the twins.

"What are their names?" Kurt asked.

"This is Maya," Bailey said, nodding to the baby on her left. "And this is Ava."

"And that's the idiot dad," Adalynn said, pointing a finger at her cousin and everyone laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1.3K 15
In where two girls hold a secret that comes back to bite them in the ass. Only to leave their hearts singing. Quinn Fabray x G!P OC Season 1-? I do...
30.4K 670 20
-------- 𝑪𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒘- TV girl "𝐖𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐁𝐞�...
15.5K 824 30
"Well, I don't like living under your spotlight. Maybe if you treat me right you won't have to worry." Violette Donovan and Quinn Fabray have always...
85K 2K 23
Y/N a simple girl who is new at McKinley High school signed up for the glee club and then she meets Quinn Fabray, the most popular girl in McKinley...