The Valkyrie (Rogue Cheney Lo...

By Silver-Tigress

18 year old Vivian Knight Hunter has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
New Book!!
Author's Note!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Phoenix Priestess, Part 3
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 1
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 2
Fairy Tail, The Movie: Dragon Cry, Part 3
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
The Final Chapter

Chapter 74

207 2 0
By Silver-Tigress

Vivian's P. O. V:

"He uses Sand Magic?" I think to myself with furrowed brows as my teammates and I get into ready stances.

"Heh! Very nice!" Ajeel says.

"Stop!" Master says sternly, causing us to whip our heads to him. "You mustn't fight him! He's much too powerful! We should run!"

We stare at him in shock.

"For real?" Natsu breathes.

Erza says firmly, "Our Master clearly gave the order to retreat."

"But Erza—!" Natsu protests, but the redhead cuts him off.

"Let's go, now!"

Pointing, Charlele says, "We already have a magic mobile ready and waiting!"

Erza throws a few swords at Ajeel to slow him down, and we make a break for the magic mobile.

"Come on! Get in!!"

"Argh! Can't we walk?!!" Natsu groans. We drag him into the car anyway.

Erza says as she jumps in the driver's seat, "I'll drive us!" She attaches the SE Plug to he right wrist as she adds, "SE Plug connected! Here goes!" Erza starts the magic mobile and takes off.

A sickened look immediately appears on Natsu's and Wendy's faces, as the pinkette utters, "Uh oh!"

Natsu and Wendy immediately take to the window. Natsu groans, "This sucks!"

"It sure does!" Wendy agrees. Lucy gapes at them.

"Can we go faster?!" Mest demands Erza, sitting beside her.

"I'm trying!" Erza gasps before boosting us forward.

Master says with a grim look on his face, "He's coming!"

"What is that thing?" Happy asks as he and the other Exceeds peer out the window. A huge shadow looms over us, and my eyes widen at this humongous vibration.

"Whoa! It's a giant sand monster!" Gray yells. The sand monster was mostly made out of sand but it has chunks of earth and rock in its body, here and there, and its face is made out of stone or earth.

"I was right! He does use Sand Magic!" I think as I stare at the monster.

"Not good!!" Erza shouts. The sand monster punches at us but Erza just narrowly manages to avoid it. Erza speeds forwards as fast as she can as the sand monster continues to punch at us, though the Requip Magic user just narrowly dodges it every time.

"Viv, let's intercept the attacks!" Gray calls to me. I nod my head in agreement.

"Right!" I head for the window after the ice wizard.

Master calls fearfully from inside the magic mobile, "No, don't!! He's too powerful for us to fight!"

"We won't know unless we try, right?!" Asks Gray.

"I'm the only other S-class wizard here! I'm going to stop him, no matter what!" I yell back, my gaze fixated on the giant sand monster racing toward us, Ajeel riding on top of it as Gray and I climb onto the roof.

"Ice Make: Silver!" Gray calls, activating his Demon Slayer Magic.

Everything, including the sand monster, was frozen solid. Grinning, Ajeel swipes with his hand and sand creatures are shot at us.

"What's this?! Gray's magic power seems to have grown, and far more than a year ago! The same with Viv's," Master says in awe.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Meteor Shower!" I requip my pink hilted rapier and blue light begins to form at the tip. Thrusting my arm forwards, I unleash a powerful blast of blue bolts that take out a few of the sand creatures.

The brown haired sand wizard gains a smirk on his features.

"Heh! This is even more fun than I'd thought it'd be!"

Then, suddenly, he disappears from view.

"He's gone!" I gasp, looking around for him.

"Beneath us! He's merged with the sand! Watch for an attack!" Master warns us.

"Empire Pit!!" Ajeel yells, just as the magic mobile gets caught in the grip of sand.

"What's happening?!" Erza shouts in confusion.

We all try to leap off the vehicle to avoid being pulled n by the sand but couldn't as it was too strong. Ajeel stands before us, He has a look of arrogance about him. He sneers at me as he says, "Well, well, well! Would you look at that?! You guys are great!" The brown haired man cackles with an expression of amusement as he watches us struggling to get free of the sand.

Ajeel continues, "Before you go to your graves, let me tell you this: you're just a bunch of losers like all of the other wizards we've killed over the years! We're on a different level altogether than you maggots from Ishgar! The gods have abandoned your whole freaking continent! It'll be so easy for Alvarez to rake it over. Sucks to be you guys! Hahaha! Oh, man, the looks on your faces are priceless!"

I raise my head, my bangs shadowing my eyes as our Cait Shelter guild marks return to their Fairy Tail form. With Natsu having used his Fire Dragon Slayer Magic to dispel the sand, we are now freed. Natsu says, "So the gods abandoned Ishgar, huh?! That's not a problem! Because Fairy Tail is still watching over it!"

"Oh, really?!" Ajeel exclaims before the pinkette makes his move.

With Natsu's right fist encased in flames, and his arm pulled back taut, Natsu suddenly appears in front of him. Before Ajeel could blink, Natsu's arm launches forward and his fist connects with his face.

The Sand Magic user cries out in pain as he goes flying back, tumbling across the sand.

I stand straight with a cold look on my face as Ajeel skids to a stop and faces me in a crouch. "Nice shot!! It's been forever since somebody's got in a solid punch like that! Yeah! Bring it on!!"

A red aura flares around Ajeel as waves of sand pulse from him. Gray immediately steps forward and readies his magic.

"Freeze!" To our dismay, it didn't work and the sand attack continues towards us.

"You and your kind will never win!!" Ajeel says confidently. "Sands of Death!" A humongous wave of sand rises up behind the brown haired man, and starts running toward us.

Master suddenly enlarges himself and grabs us, Natsu ending up squashed against Lucy's chest with me against Gray's.

"Ow," I mutter. This is so not comfortable!!

"What are you doing, Gramps?! Let us go so we can fight!" Natsu demands, his mouth bumping against Lucy's breast.

She groans pleadingly, "Natsu, will you please stop yelling?!"

Erza urges, "Now, Mest! Teleport us!"

Blushing, as his back is squashed up against her chest, Mest replies, "Where can we go?!"

The sand attack nears us.

"GRAMPS!!" Natsu yells.

"I will keep you safe! I swear on my life!"

"Here it comes! And every single thing that gets caught in the path of this sandstorm, shrivels up and dies instantly."

Master shields us, not budging from his spot.

"GRAMPS, NOOO!!" Natsu screams.

"MASTER!!" Erza yells fearfully.

"RUN!!" Says Gray.

"GET OUT OF HERE!!" Lucy adds.

"MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!" I scream pleadingly.

"You're going to be a bunch of Fairy Mummies in just a second!"

The sand storm slams into the ground.

Just then, a powerful blast of electricity rips right through the sand attack, ripping it clean apart. Master and Ajeel gasp, staring with wide, stunned eyes as the blast of lightning continues to tear through the sand.

The sand attack soon dissipates, revealing my guild mates and I shocked as well as a shocked Ajeel. We jerk our heads up to see none other than Laxus. The blonde male wears a long sleeved purple shirt with a high collar and tan coloured pants with his long sleeved long fur lined black coat.

"Laxus!" Gasps Master.

"He took out that sand storm with just one attack?!" Erza says, unable to believe what she saw.

Lucy's brown orbs were wide with incredulity. "EEK!"

"Flashy as always, isn't he?" Grumbles Gray.

"What do you expect from the almighty Laxus?" I mumble, eyes half lidded.

"Cool!" Natsu gushes.

Lexus's black eyes soften as they land in his grandfather. "Hey, old man! You're even older."

Gajeel, standing beside him with Levy and Lily, calls down, "We're behind enemy lines!! So we gotta get out of here A. S. A. P!" He points with his thumb to Ichiya, posing beside Levy. "Thank this guy for the ship!"

There was something strange about him and Laxus, however, and I blink my eyes in thought a moment.

"Gajeel?" Happy utters.

"I can smell Levy and Lily up there, too," Says Natsu. "Hold on just a second! How come you and Laxus aren't puking your guts out?!"

"Gray-sama!! Juvia is here, too!" A familiar water mage squeals happily.

"Hey!! I wanna say something manly, too!" Came Elfman's voice.

"How is that gonna help?!" Lisanna demands.

"The ship's been modified so Dragon Slayers can ride on it and not get sick!" Mira explains.

Oh, that explains why they're not sick!

Bickslow notes, "Hey, Wendy! You've really grown up since last time we met!"

"She's gone from little girl to little lady," Freed muses, smiling pleasantly.

Evergreen points out, "It seems like everybody's changed from last year."

Wendy mutters, "Oh, yeah? I don't think I've changed all that much, actually...!"

Cana calls down from the railing, "You're down there, too, right Mest?! Teleport onto the ship if you're able!"

"Coming up!" Mest says, smirking, as he teleports me and my guild mates to the ship.

"You're not running away from me!" Ajeel yells, before sending a sand attack at the ship.

"We're not running! We're just flying back home! And we're not missing dinner!" Laxus snaps, annoyed.

Lightning crackles before coming down upon the Sand Magic user. Ajeel gasps as he stares at me with wide eyes.

The attack hits him, concealing Aheel in a dust cloud. Mest reappears on the ship with the us, and we hit the ground with grunts, piled up on each other.

We fly home on Ichiya's ship.

"What do you think about our manly rescue?" Elfman asks proudly, as Juvia immediately clings to Gray's arm and hugs him tightly, though the Fullbuster attempts to shake her off.

"You're safe now!" Evergreen says simply.

"The mission to get Master back is a success!" Bickslow cheers.

Gray says, "Gotta say, I'm surprised to see ya here."

Lisanna tells us, "We knew the Master was in trouble, so we came up with a rescue plan!"

"Luckily, we got Laxus to help out! Though, it's not like you guys were in any trouble at all," Mira says, giving me a closed eye smile.

Gajeel complains to Erza, "You've got some nerve, leaving without us!"

"It was a covert operation," The red haired Requip Magic user reminds him.

Natsu says happily, "Its great being on ship when you don't need to hurl the whole time!" He turns to Laxus, standing with his arms crossed. "What do you say you and me fight to celebrate?!"

"I'll pass," Was all the blonde says.

"My children..." Master says as he cries tears of relief and joy, upon seeing all of us together. "It feels so good to be with my Fairy Tail family again!"

                     🗡🗡🗡

When we got back to the newly rebuilt guild hall, we celebrated. However, we all knew that the happiness we felt wasn't going to last forever. Especially with Zeref lingering in the back of Makarov's mind.

I had requipped into a green short sleeved top and a green skirt skirt with a tan coloured long sleeved coat over it and black flats on my feet before leaving the Christina ship. I have a sapphire necklace around my neck.

We were all aware that our new enemy is far stronger, but that didn't matter to us. We weren't fighting just to win a war, but so that we could live to see another day and to have more moments like this.

Afterwards, Master Mavis showed up and explained what Fairy Heart was, as well as her history with Zeref. They had met before the founding of Fairy Tail, and he was the one who taught her magic. At one point, while trying to save Magnolia, Mavis used a dark spell which stopped her from ageing.

After Fairy Tail was founded, a time of war passed, and that was when Mavis became known as Fairy Tactician. It wasn't until six years later that she met Zeref again. He'd learned of her curse, the same as his, and she'd end up killing those around her. Mavis refused to believe him. Until she ended up killing Makarov's mother by accident after she gave birth to him.

Mavis ran away and spent a year in isolation. It was then that Zeref found her. He told her about the country he had and how he was the emperor. During this time, Mavis fell in love with him. They shared their first kiss but it was also their last. The curse they both shared ended up taking away her life.

Zeref then took her to the guild where Precht was. He dropped Mavis in the ground with no remorse. Precht put Mavis in the crystal under the guild hall. He'd then researched many resurrection spells that could bring her back to life but nothing worked. Precht soon learned about her curse and how she killed Yuri's wife. He'd kept everything a secret and just told the guild that Mavis died and was buried on Tenrou Island.

Mavis was stuck with the curse while remaining somewhat in suspended animation. Alive but dead at the same time. This gave birth to a new magic: Eternal Magic, Fairy Heart.

"I never dreamed my sin would cause all this," Mavis says as she looks down guiltily, after some more explanations and we'd promise to protect the secret. "I've dragged my beloved Fairy Tail into a mess that could end us for good."

"What sin?!" Gajeel cuts in sharply, cutting off our cheers. "Because opening up your heart to love someone isn't actually a sin in my book. And if it was illegal, I wouldn't arrest ya."

We all stare at the Iron Dragon Slayer with dumbfounded expressions, surprised by his romantic implications.

"Stop with the blank stares, would ya?!" Gajeel snaps at us.

Erza says, "He's right. And you mustn't blame yourself for what's happened." Mavis gasps.

With her arms crossed, Charlele states, "It's unfortunate, but it's obviously not what you had intended."

Lucy tells her, "Because of you, Fairy Tail is a force for good in the world."

"And no Fairy Tail," Happy begins.

"Means that we wouldn't all be friends today," Lily finishes.

"I'd be sad!" Happy adds in.

"You made this happen," Gray says. "Your love for people is what brought us all together."

Wendy adds, "And we're willing to do whatever it takes to protect the guild you created. Because we believe in it." Mavis sniffles at that. She smiles as tears drop down her cheeks.

"Your guild has grown into a thing of beauty, First Master," Master Makarov says proudly.

I say, a few stray tears leaking down my cheeks, "It's hard to imagine—something so tragic and painful as being forced to fight the person you were in love with!"

Wiping her own tears away, Mavis says, "The feelings I had for him are long in the past. Zeref is threat—to Ishgar and all of humanity. He must be defeated!"

"Not gonna lie, it'll be tough. Even if we took down Alvarez's army," Bickslow says.

"Zeref himself can't age or die, isn't that right?" Laxus asks.

"Wait! He's really immortal?!"

"You mean, there's like, nothing that can kill him?!"

Erza murmurs nervously, "How do we defeat somebody like that?"

A devious chuckle rings out and we turn to Natsu as he jumps down onto a table. "Just leave that part to me, you guys! I'll be the one to take down Zeref!" Natsu holds up his bandaged right arm as he pats it and adds, "Because my right arm... is a secret weapon, too!"

Peering at the pinkette curiously, Lucy murmurs, trailing off, "So..."

"Tell us more about this "secret weapon,"" I insist.

His eyes sparkling deviously, Natsu just says, "It's a secret!"

"What?!" Lucy exclaims incredulously.

"That's why it's a secret weapon!" Natsu says, as though it should've been obvious. This causes Gray and Gajeel to attack him to get Natsu to tell us more.

Lucy sweat drops as Gray demands, "Just tell us what it is, you pink haired punk!"

"How the hell can your right arm be a secret, anyway?!" Gajeel snaps.

Wendy says, "You know, I don't have a clue what's under there. But knowing him, I'll bet it's something super special!"

Happy hums with a smug look on his face, his tail swishing behind him.

Closing his eyes briefly, Lily asks, "Are you acting smug because you're in on what the secret weapon really is?"

"I don't know!"

Deadpanning, Charlele mutters, "Well, I don't know why you need to be so showy about it when it's not even your own secret to be hiding."

Holding up his clenched fist, Natsu says, "All I can say is, it's a one-time use technique! With this, I'll be able to take down ol' Zeref once and for all! There's no way I'm gonna lose to him!"

"Only one time?!"

"He's literally got an ace up his sleeve!"

"You know it!" Natsu agrees.

Bickslow asks, "Well, he makes a pretty convincing argument, doesn't he?"

Smiling at the Dragneel, Erza says in agreement, "Yes, indeed. And his confidence seems to be quite contagious, as well."

The Exceeds all agree with Erza.

"He's always had a knack for this stuff," Laxus mutters, smirking. Master smiles while Erza nods her head once in agreement. I couldn't stop smiling at the pinkette myself. I know he won't let us down. I can always count on Natsu anytime.

Nodding her head once in approval, Mavis murmurs, "Of course, I have several strategies of my own... but I'll let Natsu lead for now."

"Master." Lucy takes a step forward, gaining the attention of Makarov, Mavis, Macao and Erza.

"Go on!"

"Err, I guess I mean... Gramps? You should probably tell us everything you know about who we're going up against."

Master Makarov nods his head in understanding. "Hmmm. That's a good point. I'll share what information I was able to glean in my time there. At the top sits Emperor Spriggan. Here in Ishgar, he's more commonly referred to as the legendary Black Wizard Zeref. And beneath him are powerful wizards—an elite and terrifyingly ruthless force known as The Spriggan 12. During the year I was confined there, I only managed to meet six of them. And, because it's such a large region, it's apparently quite rare for all of them to be in the same place at the same time. Invel—A. K. A, The Winter General. Zeref's right hand man and chief administrator, I'm not sure but his nickname leads me to believe that he utilises ice based magic. Though I haven't seen him in action.

"Ajeel—The Desert King," Master continues. "He's the sand wizard we encountered during our escape from Alvarez. As we experienced, he's one of the 12's most agressive members. Brandish—The Nation Destroyer. Though not much of a hawke, she does wield enough magic power to wipe countries off the map. Demaria—The Warrior Queen. I don't know what magic she uses, but she's an extremely skilled knight whose titled as The Goddess of the Battlefield."

Standing beside the Scarlet, I glance at Erza at those words. Even I was surprised and kinda jealous by our enemy's entitlement, being a Requip Magic user myself. Deadpanning, Erza mumbles, as though jealous, "So she's a wizard and a knight?"

I murmur, "Sounds like a certain someone I know all too well." I smirk when Erza scowls at me.

"You're one to talk, Viv."

"God Serena—the top ranked ex member of the Ten Wizard Saints. He's a profound disappointment to our country and impossible to like, but I've had the chance to witness his extraordinary magic power first hand," Says Master.

I say, glaring as I cross my arms, "I still can't even wrap my head around the fact that the highest ranked Wizard Saint is working with the enemy now."

Juvia speaks up. "Juvia wonders why he decided to desert Ishgar...?"

Lily says, "Honestly? I highly doubt that there's anyway to know for sure without asking him personally."

Gajeel mutters, "I'll make sure to do that... when I arrest him."

"August—The Wizard King. Be especially weary of him. Although I don't know much about him personally, his magic power is rumoured to be without equal among the 12. He's in a completely different level. If what I've heard is true, he's mastered all manner of magic from every corner of the world. It is said he might even wield more types of magic than Zeref himself."

We all gape at that, too stunned for words.

Master states grimly, "That's all the information I have on those six. As far as the others, I only have the names of three. They're: Bloodman. Nienheart. And the last one is Wall."

Mavis inputs, "We'll need to formulate our strategy. Everybody, pay close attention. Zeref will invade Ishgar with his entire army. I won't sugarcoat it. There's no question we're at an overwhelming disadvantage. Our enemy is greater in number and far more powerful than any we've faced before. But!" She clenches both fists determinedly. "Due to our courage and our bond, we will prevail! Let's show them what our guild is made of!"

We all burst into cheers at that.

                     🗡🗡🗡

After the strategy meeting, we evacuated all the civilians and only us wizards remain in the basically empty city now.

I've changed back into my usual work attire with my sleeveless purple halter neck too and red and white tunic with long hem, gauntlets and purple arm warmers and black fingerless gloves on my hands and my thigh high purple socks and white boots, my long light chestnut brown hair up in its bun which leaves my bangs to frame my face.

I let my mind wander as I watch my lacrima tv. A Disney movie is playing, Hercules, which is my favourite. Megara is singing I Won't Say I'm In Love. I silently wonder how Rogue is doing and wish I could talk to him right now.

I hope I get to see him when this war is over.

I let out a sigh as I lie back against my red couch and continue watching TV.

Suddenly, after a longer while, there's a loud rumble that shakes the ground beneath us. I feel stunned before I go up to my living room window and look up at the night sky. There, above ghe city of Magnolia, are the enemy's airships.

Master Mavis tells us through Warren's Telepathy to get ready for battle, and that they're coming from the sky.

It has begun.

🗡🗡🗡

We have finally reached the final chapter of The Valkyrie!! Up next is the Epilogue which I'll publish tonight and then this book is completed!!

I decided to have Vivian's green outfit in this chapter instead of 72, because they would've just left the city on the ship.

Stay tuned for the Epilogue!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 4.8K 32
{[DISCONTINUED]} Y/N is the 1st Wizard Saint known as the 'Fairy Goddess' because she is very beautiful like a Fairy and very powerful like a Goddess...
81.1K 1.2K 58
Kumiko Kurisutaru has been a member of the Fairy Tail guild for as long as she can remember. She's known as the youngest S-class wizard in Fairy Tail...
3.5K 44 14
Time period: After Grand Magic Games Further stories (from the anime or manga) updated after is not tied to this fanfic. Note: I don't own Fairy Tai...
17.6K 197 39
Akira Suishou Mizuno has been taken back by her former dark guild, Dark Star. Everyone is devastated by the loss of their little sister, and friend...