Venomous Vengeance

By InsaneBookLover4

She tilts her head to the side, an evil gleam playing in her eyes. "Darling, the devil should fear dancing wi... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 6

7 1 0
By InsaneBookLover4

Nicolo's POV

I watch the camera footage once more. The way she smoothly takes out my highly trained guards, the way her body moves with confidence as she storms through the halls of my house.

A single person broke into my house. My house. Don of the Mafia. Fearless leader. Killer of hundreds. Highly skilled guards. Extreme security.

Yet she blew through it as if it was nothing.

She had left about an hour ago now, reluctantly agreeing to come back tomorrow.

She wants to kill my mother.

Obviously it didn't surprise me too much that someone has a vendetta against her, but I want to know why.

The second the mysterious woman in red left the party, I had Rocco do some research on her. He used the camera footage of that night to get her face, and from there he gathered as much intel as he could.

Which wasn't much.

Alessia Caputo. Twenty- five years old, daughter to Elena and Leonardo Caputo. College drop-out. After that, nothing.

Digging through some old files I found that Leonardo Caputo had some dealings with my mother. He ran a small gang and managed some of the drug rings that she assigned to him, but there was nothing else I could find.

Based on that information, I am assuming that my mother must have done something to him in some way or another. Something terrible. Why else would Alessia be on such a warpath?

As I wracked my brain for answers, my mind suddenly flashed back to that night. The cold look in her eyes. The way our bodies moved in sync was almost poetic. The feeling of her pressed against me made my pants get a little tight. Her scent invaded my nostrils and I never wanted it to leave. The warm vanilla that completely contradicted her personality, yet suited her perfectly. The words she whispered into my ear right before disappearing.

Fuck me

There was something so alluring about her. Something that made me want more. I've never been the one to chase after women but she has me on my knees. Her presence screams power and her actions back it up.

Is it bad that I thought she was even more attractive holding a gun to my head?

I groan and finally leave my office. Changing into sweats and taking my shirt off I collapse on my bed, exhausted from this taxing day.

The last thing on my mind before sleep devours me, are those intoxicating, green eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alessia's POV

I woke up in the morning, earlier than usual, and jumped in the shower. Today is the day that I start making real progress. It has been four years. Four painstakingly long years I have been chasing this woman, the woman who ruined my life. The woman who made my world stop turning. Today is the day that I can finally get closer to destroying her.

I pull on some black mom jeans, pairing it with a deep red turtle neck and, of course, my leather jacket. I apply some red lipstick today as well. The blood red color on my lips just seems very fitting for the day ahead.

Pulling up to the gates of the mansion they open at my arrival, allowing me to drive further up the driveway. I park my bike in front of the doors and am surprised to see Nicolo is already waiting on the steps for me.

I kill the engine and take off my helmet, resting it on the seat and walk towards him. He has a grin on his face and a raised eyebrow. "Why does it not surprise me that you drive a motorcycle?"

I ignore his remark and walk past him into the doors of the mansion, having him follow after me.

"Do you even know where you are going?" He asks as I make my way to the ginormous living room.

"Darling, I probably know this house better than you at this point." I say as I shrug off my jacket and toss it onto a nearby couch. I'm not even exaggerating. I spent hours studying the blueprint that Sage had given me of this house before I broke in last night. I have every corner of this place memorized.

"That also doesn't surprise me." he chuckles.

Just then the guard from last night walks into the room. The one that I hit in the shoulder with a knife. His eyes widen when he sees me and he goes to draw his gun.

I roll my eyes, "I would think twice before you try that." He stops with his hand on his holster, fear flashing in his eyes. "I don't feel like wasting another knife on your other shoulder."

He looks at Nicolo who waves him off and he swiftly exits the room, looking almost relieved to be out of my presence.

"You know he needed stitches right?" Nicolo says and I shrug, not really giving a damn. Maybe he shouldn't have tried to attack me.

We go upstairs to his office, shutting the door behind us. He takes a seat behind the desk while I take the one in front of it. He is wearing yet another dress shirt, this one buttoned to the top, but his sleeves rolled again, along with black pants.

Does he always have to roll up those damn sleeves? It makes it hard to focus.

I rip my attention from his body away and look up at him, knowing that he caught my gaze, a cocky smirk plays on his lips before he speaks.

"Alessia, if we are going to work together, we need to be honest with each other." he starts.

Yeah, right.

"Why do you want to kill Vittoria?" he bluntly asks.

The question forces my mind to flash back to the scene again. The sound of my blood-curdling screams from that night ringing through my head as I fall to my knees in front of my mother. My insides turning when I looked to see my brothers disfigured features.

I keep a calm face. "She took something from me that was very important."

Nicolo looks at me as though he is waiting for me to continue. "Go on." he prods.

Annoyed that he won't just take my vague answer I decide to come out with it. "She slaughtered my entire family and I am the one that found them dead."

He is silent. He doesn't look surprised, which is fair. His mother has probably murdered a lot more innocent families than just mine. He sighs before speaking, "I can't say that I am surprised, especially given her relation with your father."

"I don't give two shits about my father. My mom and brother did not deserve to die." I say, trying not to let the anger get to me.

He nods, I assume that he can sense my tension as he changes the subject. "When I took over, I told my mother to stay as far away as possible, but I know she is not far. We have been receiving word that a certain Marchetti has been wreaking havoc in the underground. Sources say she is affiliated with multiple drug rings."

"Why haven't you done anything about it?"

He sighs and runs a hand through the mess of loose curls on his head, "She hasn't posed much of a threat to us, so we have just been waiting to see what she does. "

"So what I am hearing is all of you tough mafia men have been sitting with your thumbs up your asses while mommy Marchetti kills innocent people, si?" I ask with my head tilted to the side.

He gives me an annoyed look. "First of all, we have been keeping a very close eye on her, second of all, not all of them are innocent, and third of all, every time we get close, she vanishes. I don't know how, but she is always one step ahead of us. We assume there is a rat."

"So how the hell are we supposed to get to her?" I ask growing frustrated.

"We are to meet one of our sources at The Viper tonight. We have him undercover in the ring that she is operating to get as much intel as possible."

The Viper is a local club. It is very popular and packed every single night. Seems like a weird spot to meet up, but I am not one to question the man in charge.

Oh wait, yes I am.

"Why not just have him come here?" I ask, genuinely curious. Seems like a lot of work just for some dude to give an update.

"Too suspicious. We can't risk him blowing his cover. The crowd will make it easy to conceal everything." I roll my eyes at his answer to which he scoffs. "Oh, I'm sorry cara mia, would you like to run the mafia instead?"

He is looking at me with a playfulness in his eyes. The same playfulness that was there when we danced together and he twirled me across the floor. I get butterflies in my stomach at the memory and try to push it out of my mind.

"Hai perso la lingua?" (Cat got your tongue?) he taunts to which I scoff and stand up.

"I will see you tonight Marchetti."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that everyone is liking the story so far!

How do you guys feel about the characters?

Let me know!

Love ya! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 133 51
This book can be read as a standalone, however, I advise you to read His Possession first. This would help you understand the context and not spoil t...
2.3M 61.7K 44
Morelli Mafia Series BOOK 2 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. COMPLETED - Paperbacks available on Amazon. O...
2.4M 36.8K 54
M A T U R E C O N T E N T - 1 8+ ------------------------- A Mafia Romance • A Slowburn Enemies to Lovers • "Did I tell you how fucking gorgeous yo...
405K 5.6K 58
The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a tragic night. Arabella's pleasant life becom...