My Hero Academia: Zero-One

By kyoto_judo

Kamen Riders, legendary mysterious heroes from the old ages. Though some have not existed in years and were f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

98 3 1
By kyoto_judo

Sup peeps, let's get this started. I am late

Kagura started waking up while groaning from the pain he was feeling in his chest. Beside him was the driver and his Progrise keys on a table. "So you're finally up after like...34 hours?" Kagura jumped a little and looked to his left to see Mr. Hiden and Izu sitting down next to him. "Mr. Hiden? What're you doing here? Wait where are we?"

"The nurses office of your school. I saw on the news what happened and immediately went to check up on you. What exactly happened to you?"
Kagura frowned and kept his head down. After beating Bakugo at the trial of battle, he felt more confident with himself. Then he got beaten by another rider. "The villains, apparently I'm not the only rider that was in there. They also had one of their own." The president nodded at Kagura to keep going. "It was Genm, he was really strong and took my punches like they were nothing." "Genm? How is he back? Dan Kuroto hasn't been seen in years and even then he wouldn't be a villain anymore." Kagura shook his head and grabbed the driver off the table and took a good look at it. "I don't think it was Kuroto, this guy sounded younger to me and he would've announced himself because of his cockiness."

"I couldn't beat him at all, even with biting shark." Kagura said as he closed his eyes. Aruto on the other hand snapped his head back at his successor and widened his eyes. "You used biting shark to fight Genm?! No wonder you lost!" Kagura looked up in confusion, "eh?" "Each Progrise key corresponds with one for all within a certain percentage. Rising hopper pushes you to 10% which is your most balanced form. Biting shark on the other hand only allows 8% in aquatic environments, if you fight on dry land you'll only bring out 3%." Kagura smacked his forehead and sighed at his decision making skills. It was no wonder he felt like he wasn't going all out. Using rising hopper would've gave him a better chance at winning. "So what happens now?"

"Now? We wait. Apparently your school is giving you and your class a few days off from the attack. Use this time to figure out new fighting methods with the two keys." Kagura nodded as the president of Hiden Intelligence got up and wen for the exit. He looked back at his successor and gave him some last information before leaving. "When you come back to class, All Might wants to speak with you about something important."

Meanwhile the U.A staff were having a meeting about the attack. Detective Tsukauchi was with them to talk about the villains that stood out to them. Apparently Shigaraki nor was the black mist villain shown in any records. Snipe decided to shorten up the summary, "So you're saying we got nothing to continue with. By the time this Shigaraki guy heals up from the bullet wounds, he's going to attack again." All Might was thinking out loud so Nezu decided to ask him about his thoughts, "This came to my mind for a second but think about it, any other plan they would've come up with would've be thrown out the window. These guys were so confident about this attack but let's forget about this for a second. This Shigaraki character didn't reveal anything about his quirk but more of that Nomu thing that I fought. When things didn't go his way, he would get a temper tantrum, he takes pride in his Nomu like some sort of prized possession which lets me know that Shigaraki sees things like a game, like a Man-Child."

Nezu thought about it for a minute before smiling softly and put his paws on the table. "A Man-Child...if you look at it differently, he's just like our students. If given the proper quirk training, he would've had so much potential. Perhaps he were to help him...of course that's too naive for me."

"Sports festival?!" Kirishima cried out loud and yelled out, "I keep forgetting that this is an actual school!" Kaminari raised his hand and questioned the decision, "Wait but if we do this sports festival, wouldn't that give the villains the chance to attack us again?" Aizawa was wrapped in bandages like a mummy but spoke up, "Going ahead with the sports festival will let the people know that a mere villain attack won't phase us. The police presence will multiply 5 times than normal." "I wonder if any Riders will be watching...heh who knows maybe I'll be scouted by one." Kagura thought as Aizawa went on with the explanation. "Our sports festival is the biggest event in Japan. The top heroes will be watching you students to see if they want to scout you. You get one chance a year, three chances to show them what you can do."

Later

"Man I can feel the tension skyrocket!" Kirishima yelled out. Most of the students were really excited including Lida, he just has an odd way of showing it. Uraraka was especially pumped for the sports festival. Yelling out that she's gonna do her best, Kagura smiled and shook his head. 1-A finished up their class and walked out for lunch. During the first day of school and after the USJ attack, Kagura was curious as to why Uraraka wanted to be a hero so he asked. Her response, something he didn't think of. "You want to be a hero for money?" Uraraka scratched her head nervously and looked away with a disappointed smile. "I know it's not the answer people expect, I feel like it's nothing compared to Lida's high minded principles." She said while the successor tried to comfort her. "Well it's not really wrong to aim for a more comfortable life in the future."

Uraraka shook her head and played with her jacket sleeve. "My family owns a construction company, but with quirks being used for that sort of work they have no need of hiring a company with expensive machinery." Lida mentioned how her quirk could be used to make construction material light and have no need for machines. The gravity girl had a flashback for a moment before looking at Lida and Kagura seriously. "I'm going to make a lot of money when I become a hero, and I'm going to give my parents the easy life they deserve." Just when Lida was going to clap for her and lift her spirits up, All Might slid through the corner with a bento. "Young Komuro I have found you!" Kagura jumped a little before clearing his throat. "What's going on All Might?" "Lunch! Wanna eat with me?"

After getting called a school girl by Uraraka, All Might and Kagura entered the teachers lounge. "So you can only buff up for fifty minutes...that's gotta suck." All Might poured some tea for Kagura before setting the teapot down. "That's pretty much it, my limit keeps getting shorter but we should be talking about the sports festival! What type of training should we have you do?" Kagura looked at his hand before clenching it and mentioned about what happened at the USJ. "Rising hopper really worked well for me at the battle training but when I used biting shark, it worked well in the water but not so much when I fought that other rider." "I've heard from Mr. Hiden, Kamen Rider Genm. I'm sure he just had more experience than you and you used the wrong form to fight him." Kagura scratched his head and chuckled a little before taking a sip from his tea. "He was really strong, so I'm gonna have to work more with rising hopper for the time being. I don't think I'll be using biting shark in any of the events that we might have." "I'm pretty sure they won't allow you to transform either way." Kagura spat out his drink and looked at his teacher in shock. "What?! Why?" "Well since your driver is considered a support item, they don't usually let hero students use them." Kagura slumped down and groaned in agony. He was really hoping to show off his rider powers to the world and show them that kamen riders still have a place. "That's why you should practice more on one for all, you can't always depend on being Zero-One, sometimes you just have to be Kagura Komuro as well." All Might clasped his hands together and looked at his successor seriously. "And you should master your quirk more quickly, my time is running out and villains have started to take notice. I can't be the symbol of peace forever, that's why I chose you to be my successor, to take up my mantle. The sports festival is an event that the whole country will be watching. As my successor, you have to take first place and let the world know that Kagura Komuro, Kamen Rider Zero-One is here!"

Just like that, the training began. Kagura started lifting bigger weights with 5% ofa. Without the zero one driver, he can only use 5% so he needs to increase that percentage and push his way to the top. Everyone in the class had their own training plan, Lida went endurance running, Tsuyu swimming, Yaoyorozu studying, Kirishima punching. Days later the stadium's seats were getting filled to the brim. The students of class 1-A were all together in a waiting room ready to get called up. Kagura put away his driver and Progrise keys in his locker, apparently students from the hero course aren't allowed to use support items. Although he found it weird that Aoyama was still wearing his belt for his quirk. As Kagura closed his locker, Todoroki walked up behind him and tapped his shoulder to grab his attention. "Komuro." The rider student turned around a raised an eyebrow, being approached by one of the strongest students in the class was not what he expected this early into the year. He was able to take out the opposing team at the battle training in less than a minute and won. If they were to fight, rising hopper and biting shark wouldn't stand a chance yet. "If we're being honest here, I believe I'm stronger than you by a long shot." The rest of the students watched them quietly, some of them confused as to why the dual quirk user is causing trouble for Kagura. Kirishima approached the two and tried to make distance between the two. "Come on Todoroki don't start fights for no reason. We can all settle this..." Kirishima was cut off by Todoroki slapping his hand away while not taking his eyes off of Kagura. The successor was just as confused as the others. Maybe Todoroki was aware of the kamen riders and wanted to see what they were like in action. Currently he was 1-1 as Zero-One, a victory towards Bakugo and a defeat from Genm as sad as he has to admit it. The successor clenched his fist and smiles as he looks at Todoroki. "Not sure what your game is Todoroki. You're probably right about being stronger than me, but I think you should reconsider what you're trying to imply. If we ever fight, I'm going to make sure you eat those words."

Soon the students of Class 1-A started walking into the stadium as Present Mic announced them, the audience cheering in excitement of the new batch of freshmen's. "Let's win this for All Might and Mr. Hiden." Kagura walked next to Lida and Mina while looking straight ahead. Other classes started to walk out as well when Present Mic started announcing them. 1-A stood next to class 1-B that is also a heroics class. Kagura took a gander at them and noticed one girl was staring at him with a smile on her face. She has orange hair that she had tied up in a side ponytail and teal colored eyes. Kagura raised an eyebrow before lightly waving at her and looking back at Midnight who was explaining what the first round will be. "For the first round we'll be doing an obstacle course! Get yourselves ready in 10 minutes!"

The race began after those 10 minutes, Kagura stayed in the back to see what angles he can get. He activated his quirk and bounced around the walls just like he did as Zero-One. He smiled while thinking to himself, "Looks like I don't even need to henshin! I'll be fine!" He stares straight ahead and sees the rest of his class already at the front showing off. Kagura smirks and lands next to Kirishima who blocked a one pointer that came out of nowhere. "When did these guys show up?" The red head asked, Kagura looked around to see that two and three pointers were closing in on them. "Every obstacle course needs obstacles don't you think?" Present Mic comments as Kagura jumps around trying to catch up with Todoroki and Bakugo, bouncing off one pointer's heads. Others improvised like Tokoyami and Sero go over zero pointers, avoid fighting them. Kagura rolls under a three pointer and does a front flip towards a two pointer. "Rider Kick!" He lands a kick on the head of the two pointer and advances to the end of the first obstacle portion.

Second obstacle was a breeze, our protagonist used 5% on his legs to jump across while the others were struggling. Slowly but surely he was gaining on Todoroki and Bakugo until he saw the explosions behind him, realizing that the last obstacle was a mine field. "Oh great." He slumped down his shoulder before jogging towards the field without a care in the world. He was gonna get blown to pieces right? "No you won't die in this last obstacle, they aren't deadly but they do pack a punch!" Said Present Mic as if he read Kagura's mind. Activating One for All, Kagura dashed forward reaching behind Bakugo and taps his forehead. Our protagonist looks back at him and smirks before rushing forward behind Todoroki. "I'm gonna kill this bastard!" Bakugo increased his explosive power to try and catch up to Kagura but steps on a mine and gets sent backward a few feet away from the two. Kagura chuckles before looking straight ahead to see Todoroki close to completing the obstacle. He looks over to see a mine sticking out of the dirt and smirked.

"Hey I think you dropped something!" Todoroki looked to his right to see Kagura tossing a mine at him. By instinct the dual quirk user grabbed it before realizing what he just grabbed. "Later!" Kagura saluted him and dashed off to the end of the obstacle before a giant puff of smoke appeared behind him. "Kagura Komuro! We have our first place winner for the obstacle race!" As Present Mic announces what place each person was coming in at, Kagura looked up to see Aruto giving him a thumbs up while Izu who was next to him, nods her head and smiles. Little did he know, he was in for a surprise, most likely from two students.

Alright it is done now, man it's been a while but I'm here. Round 2 will be skipped because it was basically gonna be the same thing from the series so we're skipping to the 1v1 fights.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 164 5
The story of a boy being outcast for his quirk. Instead of turning into a villain... decides to become a wander. Who hunts down villains and fake her...
3.6K 25 14
A boy wakes up in a middle of no where then he is caught in some kind of war he saw foot soldiers called Kasshine and Dai Mazine and they were from a...
21.8K 472 12
Another you bought a cursed Driver yet again, but this time it takes you to the world of Infinite Stratos with the power of Kamen Rider Zero One. In...
59.9K 1K 21
In one of of the many Kamen Rider worlds, Y/n, is a normal young man, until his homeworld was destroyed. But just when he was about to die, he was sa...