The Dragon Stone ↣ Riven ↢

By InnoRLx

FATE: THE WINX SAGA Rose Lindor starts her journey of becoming the fire fairy she's always wanted to be at Al... More

Prologue
01: Here's To A New Adventure
03: Miss suitcase
04: Are You High Right Now?
05: It's Definitely Not On My Schedule To Go Third Wheeling
06: Is My Face What Heaven Looks Like To You?
07: Yes, Hit Me
08: Girls Aren't Really My Thing
09: Are You Into Me?
10: I Did Miss You
11: Where's The Fire At?
12: You Seem Like A Nice Person
13: Don't Worry About It
14: I Get It, He's Hot
15: Come On, Live A Little
16: Consider Me Impressed
17: Creeping In The Dark Doesn't Look Good On You
18: Is That All You've Got?
19: I Would Never Turn You Away
20: You Almost Burned Me!
21: You Could Use A Little Distraction
22: He's Bad News
23: You Can Stay Here
24: Back Off
25: I'm No Good For You
26: We're The Winx
27: Does It Still Hurt?
28: No Way In Hell
29: Control Is Overrated Anyway
30: Roommate swap?
31: That's What Friends Are For
32: Remembering That I Love You Is Enough

02: Fiery Feisty Fire Fairy

2.2K 35 18
By InnoRLx

''I'm sat here, wishing I was sober''

Apparently, the party was hosted in the east tower. Rose had decided to straighten her long brown hair and for an outfit, she had chosen a simple dress. It wasn't exactly her first choice, but Bloom insisted she just had to wear it.

Terra had succeeded in getting everyone to come, even Stella and Aisha, and as they arrived at the entrance, Rose could feel the music vibrating through her body. She couldn't wait to experience her firs party at Alfea and the view in front of her didn't disappoint. She had expected a get together under the supervision of the professors, but this, this was a full-on party with no professors in sight. The room was packed with students, most of them dancing to the music, carrying drinks in hand and it didn't take long before Rose was dragged into the crowd by Musa.

''How do people seem like they're drunk? Alcohol is not even allowed,'' Rose shouted over the music as they finally found a spot that wasn't yet occupied.

''It's not that difficult to sneak alcohol in,'' Stella beamed proudly as she pulled a big flask out of her bag, earning a surprised look from Rose.

''That's how it's done!'' Musa cheered excitedly. ''I'm going to get us some drinks to mix,'' she added before walking away.

As she returned with the drinks, Stella poured some of the liquid of her flask into the cups.

''Should we toast?'' Terra asked the girls.

''To new friendships and new beginnings!'' Rose exclaimed cheerily while holding her drink up in the air.

A wave of happiness rippled through her body as the other girls joined her. This was exactly how she'd imagined her time at Alfea and she just hoped the six of them would become close friends someday.

In the hours after, a lot of pictures were taken, and laughs were shared. They were having a good time, but, all of a sudden, Rose felt something cold and wet trickling down the side of her arm. She shrieked while turning around and a soft groan escaped her lips as she realised who had caused it.

Riven.

''Fuck!'' he cursed as he looked at the now almost empty red cup in his hands before his eyes finally landed on Rose.

There was a moment of silence, neither one of them saying anything. Rose because she was a little shocked, and Riven, well, she didn't know why he didn't say something. He could at least apologise, but he just wore an arrogant expression, his face not giving away anything else.

''You're a dick Riven,'' Dane interfered as he caught on to what was happening and elbowed his friend in the ribs.

It caused Riven to roll his eyes as he pushed his friend out of the way and directed his eyes back to Rose. She could practically feel his gaze glide over her body while he took in her appearance and as he suddenly stepped closer, Rose wanted to step back, but his hand on her waist kept her in place.

She was taken aback by his actions and the sudden change in his behaviour. It made the common sense to lift het hands and push him away leave her body, and instead she froze.

''I'm sorry,'' Riven said as he leaned in, so only she could hear. ''For the drink and for being rude to you earlier.''

His close proximity made it hard for Rose to think clearly and she was desperately digging around her brain to form a proper sentence. She cursed herself for turning all shy, but she couldn't help it.

''It's fine,'' was all she managed to stammer out as she quickly wriggled out of his grip and walked away, leaving a surprised looking Riven behind.

Rose didn't know where she was headed, but she just had to put some more distance in between the two of them before she would embarrass herself even more. Noticing a bathroom sign, she decided that that was now her destination.

As she entered the bathroom, she took a look in the mirror. ''You're stupid,'' she muttered to herself while mentally facepalming. She shouldn't have made it so clear that she was intimidated by him, but it was too late to change anything about it now.

While still in thought, the sound of the door swinging open caused Rose to jump, and a worried looking Terra stormed in. ''Are you okay?'' she asked. ''What did Riven say to you? He is a jerk, you know.''

''Yeah, I'm fine. I have to admit he was, indeed, a jerk to me, but he just apologised,'' Rose explained as she sent her a soft smile.

''Apologised?'' Terra asked in surprise, while raising an eyebrow. ''You shouldn't trust him. He is an arrogant twat who only cares about himself.''

Rose was slightly surprised by the harsh words leaving Terra's mouth. She just seemed so friendly and her trashing someone was unexpected. It was also quite the accusation to make, but, on the other hand, it did fit Riven's description.

''Noted,'' she simply stated before the two of them returned to the party.

As they neared their group, they spotted Stella holding new drinks and, yes, really, laughing. She was laughing with Musa and Aisha. ''Here,'' she said, while pushing a cup into Rose's hands. ''You should have another drink.''

Even though Rose hadn't been to a lot of parties, she knew from experience that her alcohol tolerance wasn't particularly high, but as Stella kept insisting, she hesitantly took the cup.

They had a good time together, however, a few songs, dances and drinks later, Rose decided she had had enough. Stella, on the other hand, refused to accept a no and she even managed to find some more alcohol.

Rose knew the night was not going to end well if she kept drinking, so the moment Stella had turned her back to her, she took the opportunity to sneak away.

She made her way over to the nearest exit leading into a long hallway. The hall was dimly lit and unfamiliar and part of her knew it was a bad idea to journey around on her own, but she was quick to ignore that part. However, somewhere along the way, the alcohol had kicked in, and after a few wobbly steps, the idea started to seem even less appealing as shivers were sent down her spine. The dark and cold hallway gave her the creeps.

While estimating whether or not it was a good idea to use her magic to light up the hall, she was startled by a voice.

''You again?'' he spoke up.

Rose tried her hardest to suppress the scream starting to form in her throat and was frantically looking around to find out where the voice was coming from. She must have looked ridiculous, the alcohol altering her senses and most of all, her sense of orientation. After a few seconds, she spotted him. There he was, standing in the shadows. Riven. Again.

''Jeez you scared me,'' Rose panted.

''Yes, I saw that. Not so brave, are you?'' he questioned, a taunting smile playing on his lips.

Rose just shot him a look, deciding it was best to ignore his comment and focused on composing herself.

''What even are you?'' he asked as he looked at her quizzically.

His question made her roll her eyes and the urge to say a unicorn was strong. It was however overpowered by the realization that this was her chance to show him something.

''I'm a fairy,'' Rose began as she looked at him.

She focused on summoning her magic and was relieved when she felt it obliging her. There was a familiar tingle in her eyes accompanied with a bright vermilion glow.

''Aha, fire fairy, nice trick,'' Riven stated but he didn't sound impressed at all. ''Aren't fire fairies supposed to be, I don't know, a little more fiery, maybe feistier?'' he added in a condescending tone.

His words caused a sharp sting to run through her body. Not because they were mean, but because Rose had struggled all her life with being a fire fairy. She had always doubted herself, especially since she wasn't allowed to use her magic at home and his words struck something inside of her.

''Well, if it's fire you want, you can get it,'' she bit back, while summoning her magic again and forming flames in the palms of her hands. The flames were bigger than she had intended, and she was starting to doubt her ability to control them. However, she put on a brave face, feigning confidence and it seemed to work.

''Oh, there she is,'' Riven said while letting out a chuckle.

Sure he hadn't seen that one coming from a not so fiery, not so feisty fire fairy, she thought to herself.

''Now put it out before you burn down the damn hall,'' he continued while his face turned back to the arrogant look he seemed to wear all day. ''What are you even doing here?''

Rose pondered whether or not she should tell him the truth, but decided her lying abilities were not trustworthy enough to convince him of a fake story.

''I'm actually hiding from Stella. She keeps forcing more drinks on me and I really don't think I can handle any more alcohol.''

Riven let out a laugh. ''Can't blame you for hiding from that psycho, but I'm not even surprised you have a low alcohol tolerance.''

''Well, that's rude,'' Rose remarked, referring to the first part of his sentence. ''And just so you know, my alcohol tolerance is actually really high.''

She couldn't help but giggle as she tried to sell him that lie.

''Well, good for you,'' he said, though the disbelief in his voice was clear. "Since you can't hide here forever.''

Rose just groaned in response. He was right. She had to put on her big-girl pants and head back.

''No, so I should just be returning to the party then...,'' Rose trailed. She was looking left and right but she still wasn't sure what way was the way back to the party. Riven was no help either, as he just looked at her amused but didn't say anything. ''So, I'll be going this way,'' she mumbled, while choosing to go with left.

''Sure, go that way,'' Riven said, sounding sarcastic and clearly enjoying her lack of orientation. ''But you should now, the party is the other way,'' he smugly remarked while pointing in the other direction. ''You're in for a lot of work these years at Alfea.''

Rose could feel she was blushing but was grateful when Riven started to lead the way back to the party. She didn't know exactly why he was helping her, but she didn't question it either.

Upon arriving at the entrance, he stopped. ''I think you've got it from here, right? See you around.''

He had walked off before Rose could even respond, but she didn't have time to worry about that as she was focused on finding her roommates.

After a few minutes of roaming around, she finally spotted Musa and the mind fairy's eyes lit up as soon as their gazes met.

''There you are!'' she exclaimed before crashing into Rose for a hug.

She was drunk.

''Be warned, you're in for a lot of drama.''

Rose didn't know what Musa was talking about, but it all became a bit clearer as Stella stormed over to her as soon as she noticed her. ''You're not going to believe what is happening at this very moment!'' she ranted, her arms flying up in the air. ''Bloom is flirting with my Sky.''

Rose turned to look at Musa, unsure of what to say or do, but Musa just shrugged in response, probably not knowing how to deal with the situation either.

''Is he your boyfriend?'' Rose asked sheepishly, gaining an angry look from Stella.

''No," she sighed but quickly amended "Well, he was. We broke up, but that does not give her the right to steal him away only days after,'' she sneered.

Rose could only imagine the painful sting of seeing your ex with someone new, but on the other hand, nothing was going on really.

She put her hands on Stella's shoulders in an attempt to calm her down. ''It's fine, look, they're just talking,'' she said, while looking over in their direction.

''They're not just talking. They're flirting! You need to do something about it!'' Stella barked.

Rose raised her eyebrows in surprise. ''Me? What am I supposed to do about it?''

''You're both fire fairies and you're roommates, it's now your job to stop this nonsense,'' Stella raved at her before stalking off.

Whether it was the alcohol or the drama, Rose's head had started spinning. She decided for now she was going to let it rest as tomorrow would be a new day.

Tomorrow. Classes would be starting tomorrow morning. Rose realised she was finally going to learn how to control her magic and she couldn't be more excited. She also realised it was getting late, and as she didn't want to show up as a sleep deprived zombie on her first day, she headed back to the dorm.

Once she was finally in bed, she couldn't stop the smile forming on her face. Her first day had not been exactly what she imagined it would be like, but, it definitely wasn't bad either. Holding on to that nice feeling, she closed her eyes and quickly fell asleep.

***

~ And that's chapter two! Hope you enjoyed it and feel free to let me know what you think about it. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 1.4K 22
Demetrie returns to the place she grew up in, Alfea College. In this place, she never felt like anyone cared. When Demetrie returns, she eventually f...
4.4K 134 37
My Working in her mom's flower shop by day and secretly pining for the college student that she steals kisses from by night, Bloom's first boring sum...
715K 13.7K 37
✩𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎✩ Clove, a first year fairy at Alfea academy. With being a rare fairy and new dangers arising...
67.9K 1.4K 34
Bloom was a changeling taken from her family but what if she wasn't the only fairy to be taken. Rosalind took another little Fairy and just like Beat...