a beautiful soul

By varbariz

Mia it's the typical queen B at Liberty High, hanging out with the jocks seemed pretty normal for her, but th... More

Disclaimer/playlist
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16-Better
17-Magic
18-Old me
19-Hard
20-You
21-Tragedy
22-about to go down
24-The talk
25-thank you Mia Jensen
Mia's second tape
26-still not over!
28-craving
29-break up?
30-Justin back
31-I'm sorry
32-clubhouse
33-Jeff Atkins
34-tapes are out
35-will you fix it?
36-the clubhouse
37-try something new
38-drop It
39-can you hate me now?

23-Is she home?

307 2 0
By varbariz

It wouldn't be the first time. 

"Good morning" Matt Jensen is a very enthusiastic person, he views life in a very different way than Mia does, but let's guess that was what made the two so close.

"Hey" She grabbed her mug and poured her usual coffee then followed to the table where she ate toast.

"You sound excited "He joked.

"Oh, you don't imagine how excited I am" She joked back.

In the meantime, Clay entered the kitchen where he poured some coffee.

"Still drinking coffee?" Asked Matt.

"You are still drinking coffee"

"Yes, I guess we just hope more for our children," Matt admits.

"Well, thanks dad" Mia interfere.

"You know we are proud of you" He kissed the top of her head.

"We will probably live longer if that helps if your generation doesn't destroy the planet first."

"It's too late I am afraid".

"Clay, about the Hannah Baker case-" Lainie starts just to be cut off by her husband.

"Can we just have one morning without discussing that?" Asked Matt.

"No actual dad, let mom talk with Clay about the trial that we both are attending." She spat out.

"The subpoenas go out today" She starts facing now, not just Clay but Mia too. Mia faked a smile at her mother's action, before biting another piece of her toast.

"Who is getting one besides me ?" Clay asked.

"Sorry Clay, I am not a library to discuss it," Lainie said "The other day you asked if a person could be prosecuted if they hurt someone, but the victim couldn't come forward. You said it was hypothetical, but you were talking about Hannah, weren't you?" 

Mia kept her eyes on her brother watching and listening to every move, word, anything, and everything. She realized now that Clay talked a lot with their mom, a lot more than she ever did, and so she wondered if he had said anything that could put her in bad sheets.

"I wasn't actually."

"Cause if something happen to her and you were involved, one of you was involved in any way..."

"You think we hurt Hannah?" Asked Clay after Lainie's long pause.

"Lainie"

"Mom"

"I don't," She said, but with a long pause.

"Oh, you so do" Commented Mia.

"Mia" Called Lianie.

"What! Seriously, you are the one saying all that bullshit about" one of us hurting Hannah" when it's so clear you actually think "one of us" did" She mentions 'one of us always with questions marks on her fingers because it was so clear to know Lainie thought Mia had hurt her.

"Mia, I didn't say that" Lainie starts as the doorbell rings.

"You didn't not say that as well" Again the doorbell rang.

"You are my daughter, do you really think that I think you did that," Lainie asked, as the doorbell kept on ringing.

"Do you really want me to answer that? And can someone go open the god damm door" She shouts.

Mia's phone started to go off crazy, notification after notification, and then a couple of rings.

"Someone really needs to talk with you" Matt commented looking at his daughter's phone that was on the table, the screen facing down.

"Yeah, uhmm I have to go. See you later." She walked to her room, phone unlocked in one hand, with multiple messages from Bryce Walker, and two phone calls from Monty.

Boy Bryce

Mia! I need to talk with you

Text me whenever you can

Can you come over for us to talk

Tell Justin to call me back, he doesn't answer my calls

Mia you know I did nothing, that is not me

However, she didn't respond to any of those texts. She was confused, for weeks they have told her that Hannah lied in those tapes, and now it was all true.

If Justin's tape was true, so was Sheri and every other.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

She couldn't pretend last night didn't happen. The confession Justin made affected everyone, and for Mia, it was like reliving it all again.

It also hurt her a lot to know that it was Bryce. How could Bryce do such things, he was by Mia's side when that happened to her, so how could he now be a....rapist.

It even felt worst saying the word but denying it only made it worst.

When she woke up this morning the energy to go to school was lower than usual, but she guessed that was just for now, and the bottle that she drowned last night didn't really help at all.

The truth was Mia had the pretty face, the nice smile, the perfect friend group, and the sweet family, but a dark heart. She could pretend she was a real Jensen, but deep down she was a Jones, or at least that was what the voices kept telling her. Because Jensen would never let go to waste two years of being totally sober just because she didn't want to think about it all.

You are probably by now wondering if I am doing a second tape for everyone

But no, I am not

This second tape is for you Mia Jensen because for the second time you killed me 

Congratulations on being a shitty person, again.

Have you told them yet Mia? Or are you letting me be the one breaking the news to them, again?

It wouldn't be the first time. 

Anyways, I thought our relationship was finally getting better, that night, you know the one in Bryce's house, well I genuinely felt that we were friends again

You were the one telling me to go to that stupid party, but no, I don't blame you for what happened, I blame you for what you did after!

You know when I told you it all!

Flashback ( a week before Bryce's party)

"Man, I just need to bang someone," Said one of the jocks that Mia didn't recognize, but maybe he knew.

"That is gross" She commented making a disgusted face.

Mia sat with her friends in Montgomery's truck in the blue spot, the same spot almost every day. She hated that place, they always ended up super drunk, and then she was the one that was there to help them.

Today, however, everyone seemed pretty sober for once, they were introducing the place to this new jock but she didn't even waste a lot of time introducing herself, because she knew in two days someone else would replace him.

"And I need to party like really party man" Commented Justin this time. He was standing right in front of Mia that was sitting on Monty's leg.

"Is Jessica getting n your nerves Justin boy?" Joked Bryce, the two haven't been the same since a while back, no one knew what happened and no one really cared.

"Nah man, I just need to party for a bit" Responded Justin. Mia found the relationship between Justin and Jessica a little weird or at least it is a little weird now. Monty and herself speed every opportunity they got together but with Jessica and Justin, it just seemed like they were only together for sex.

"Well, I don't mind the idea of a party," said the blonde over the two boys starting to insult each other.

"Let's do it then. Party at mine" Bryce smiled at Mia. The friendship between Mia and Bryce has always been honest, even though it started only for personal interest on both sides, with the years going by they actually started to care a lot for each other.

"When?" Asked one of the boys.

"Today?" Mia looked at Monty and shakes her head, they already had plans.

"We can't tonight, we already have plans" 

"Fuck those plans, let's party " Complained Bryce.

"We really can't bro" Interfered Monty.

"Fine, let's do it next week then. This week is for the couples, next week for the party people." 

"You know we are both going to this party right?" Mia asked.

"Well yeah, but if you leave us alone at the party we won't get mad, cuz you two are banging" Bryce laughed and smacked Monty's arm.

"That makes no sense" Mia whispered, it was definitely the alcohol talking for Bryce.

"You should invite the Baker chick" Called Bryce.

"Her name is Hannah" Corrected Mia.

"Whatever, you should just invite her. Maybe she can have fun for once" They laughed.

"I don't think she likes these types of parties " Her eyes focused on her legs as she played with her thumbs.

"It's a high school party, who doesn't like a high school party?"  It was a rhetorical question.

"And how do you even know she doesn't like high school parties? Are you friends with her cuz after last year I really thought you guys weren't?" Mention the same guy that Mia didn't even bother introducing herself to.

"Seriously, what are you doing here?" She overreacted a little only because she didn't want that her friend group found out she was once again talking and hanging out with the problematic Hannah Baker.

The rest of the group laughed, they didn't realize what was going on, they were more wasted than she thought they were. And for the first time since she has been friends with them, she left alone.

She got inside her car, thankfully she came in hers today and started to drive to a friend's house. A house that she hasn't been inside for a while, but that she knew whenever she wanted she would be invited with open arms.

Regret was something Mia was not familiar with, she does things but she never regrets her actions. They demonstrate weakness and in such a cruel world there is no space for weakness.

Her father and her mother never regretted anything, even though they put her through hell. All that pain she has been through has thought her many many things.

The music in the car was playing but Mia couldn't hear it, her mind was telling her not to go there. To not try again, and let things be the way they are. However, her heart was telling the opposite, it was telling her to go there, to try again, to give whatever was left a second opportunity.

So for the first time in a long time, she followed her heart instead of her cruel mind.

She parked her car right in front of the house in an empty spot, slowly opened the car door, and got out the same. Before her legs allowed her, she stopped for a few seconds just looking at the house in front of her, thinking and considering all the left options, one of them is getting inside of the car and driving back to the blue spot. But that didn't sound very right, so she pushed all the thoughts that were left in her mind and made her way to the front door.

"Hi! It's Hannah home?" She asked once an older woman opened the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
5K 125 10
Today I will teach you all how to make Fanfiction. Because I am tired of reading sh*tty ones. -_- There can be spelling mistakes and grammatical err...
4M 86.9K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...