The Own Goal ✔️

By CarriedAwayCrazy

A typical story of boy meets girl, a holiday romance. Nothing more than two twenty something's enjoying a lav... More

Prologue
Part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
Part 11
Part 12
part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
~ The Own Goal ~ continued ~
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 111
Part 112 - Going home
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
part 116
Part 117
part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Cast

Part 110 - Surprise!

1.7K 35 3
By CarriedAwayCrazy

"Lads you will meet me at my house?" Kevin turns to Jack and Phil "you're picking up your kids and coming straight over yeah?"

"Yeah bro, we gotta pick Mia an' Ronnie up from preschool first, then we'll be round!" Jack laughs

Kevin's home alone with his kids while Michele is visiting family, he's promised his kids a playdate with Mia and Ronnie and is feeling the stress of being the sole parent for a week.

Jack and Phil obviously find his struggle hilarious.

"Right, be as quick as you can!" Kevin tells them as he leaves the training centre.

Jack follows Phil, but Phil doesn't head to his car "ah now where ya goin' bro?"

"Stadium, need to pop to the events office to sort something for Ron's birthday party"

Jack rolls his eyes following.

Sue, the events organiser looks flustered at seeing the two first team players stroll into her office. But smiles "yes Phil, you can have moonchester at Ronnie's party"

Jack laughs and busies himself looking at the photos on the wall of past events while Phil goes over plans with Sue.
A leaflet catches his eye for a wedding fayre, thinking Chelsea might be interested, he picks it up.

"Oh that's passed love" Sue calls seeing him turn the pamphlet in his hands "I need to bin them lot"

Jack looks at the leaflet, totally flummoxed "wos this 'ere?"

"Yeah, there's another one before Christmas"

"Why?" Jack stares at her blankly "why 'ere?"

Phil laughs "what do you mean why here?"

"Well why's there wedding fayres at the Etihad?"

"People get married here you prick!" Phil shakes his head at Jack's confused blank expression.

"Do they?"

"Yes" Sue sighs.

"When? When we're playin'?"

Phil knows Jack is genuinely mind blown at learning this new information. Sue looks like she thinks he's taking the piss.
"He really didn't know, that face is real!" Phil tells her.

She sighs "when you're playing away, non match days, occasionally mid week" she explains.

"They get to take photos on the pitch and in the changing rooms don't they?" Phil chimes.

"Really?? Like seriously brides and grooms go in the changing rooms?" Jack's grinning now.

"Yes......"

"Can ya get married at all stadiums then?"

Sue shakes her head at him. "Yes Jack most of them"

Phil can't help himself "Nah villa park is too shit to get a licence bro"

"Nah! Fok off!"

-

"So how was it at Kevin's?" I ask walking into the bathroom after resettling Esme.

"Carnage" he grins, slipping deeper under the warm bath water "join me?"

"Hmmm not sure" I glance at the baby monitor I've just put on the vanity unit "she's teething"

"Thought so, her poo was bit runny after dinner"

I watch him just his head poking through the bubbles "her cheeks are all red" it does look inviting in there with him.
"But, I'm exhausted" I concede, "I'll wait for you in bed" I grab my toothbrush and turn to the sink.

"I went with Phil earlier to sort somethin' for Ronnie's party ova at the stadium"

"Hmm?" I turn back to him.

"I learnt something"

Toothpaste foam escapes my mouth as I giggle at him. "Ggggooo wannnn" I mumble through the toothbrush.

"Now, listen bab, jus' hear me out here ok......"

-

Sunday 6th November 2022

I watch Mia eating her Coco pops messily while I spoon Weetabix into Esmes mouth.
At 10 months old she can do it herself pretty well but we are in a rush today.

"Right, ya ok? Need me to do anythin' before I go?" Jack stands with his hand on my shoulder "Mia, more o'thats goin' in y'lap than ya mouth!"

"I'm tired dadddddddy" she moans.

It is early. 7am on a Sunday, we're rarely all up together at this time on a weekday.
"Daddy's got trainin' then we're seein' nanny an' grandad remember"

There's a family fireworks event at the Etihad this evening that Jacks family are coming to.
This is a tense week, this week the world cup teams are announced.
"No baby I'm all good, you get to recovery and I'll see you later"

He kisses my head "yes you will" he murmers as he starts to leave, but has second thoughts before he reaches the door. He strides back over "I love you" he kisses me heavily on the lips.

"Mmmm love you too" I grin. He still gives me butterflies in my tummy.
Our eyes meet as he turns back to me. We share a silly little grin.
"Be good for ya mommy girls!" He calls as he bounds out of the door into the hall.

-

I arrive at the Etihad with the girls at 2pm and we join the other families that have already arrived for the children's party. I soon lose sight of Mia as she joins her friends on the bouncy castles.

I take Esme over to meet moonchester and am greeted by Phil "hey you, alright?" I ask him as I point Ronnie in the direction I last saw Mia.

"Yeah, Jacks waiting for you, are his family here yet?"

"Just parking, Kiera just text me"

Phil starts talking but I hear the unmistakable sound of Mia screaming "mommeh! Mom!!"

I turn and she's being carried towards me by one of the assistant coaches, blood pouring from her mouth.

"Oh no! What happened!?"

"She fell, fell from top of bouncy castle! I don't think anyone saw her climb up there" I'm told

"What do you mean from the top!?" I shove Esme to Phil and take Mia to get a look at her.

"She probably fell about 3 or 4 feet, not too far"

"Not too far? She's three! She's fallen more than her own height!" I put Mia on her feet "where do you hurt moo?"

She's still sobbing heavily "me faaaaaaaace" she wails.

"Ok, where else? Anything else hurt?"

"Oh my god what's happened sweetheart!? What have you done!" Karen rushes up beside me followed by the rest of the clang.

We are all squeezed into the small medical room adjacent to the indoor training pitch. Me, the girls, Karen, Kevin, Kiera & Josh, kevan and Hollie. Kevin has hold of Esme while the wait for the medic to finish applying the magic Disney plaster to Mia's chin. Luckily she's escaped with a nasty graze on her chin and a split lip.

"I'm guessing thats not the first team first aid kit" Kevin asks at seeing the plaster selection. "Actually where is he?"

I check the time, it's nearly 3pm.
"Oh crap, we need to get to the stadium"

"Why?" Asks kevan, who looks thoroughly pissed off to be here, as much as he adores his nieces, coming along to these family fun events isn't really his idea of fun.

"Look, Jack needs to sign some paperwork over there, he really wanted you all to be there to witness it, it was supposed to be a surprise" I explain. I watch them all exchange glances.

"What like a contract? He's still got years left?" Kevin looks unsure

I turn to him "it's a bit different, but still a contract. Please?"

I finally get the Grealish's over to the stadium. Kieras moaning that we're walking miles and I'm struggling with both Esme who suddenly only wants to be held by me, and Mia whose moaning that her face still hurts and only wanting to hold my hand.

"Should have brought the buggy" Kevin offers.

"Yeah, that would have been an idea" I reply sarcastically. Maybe we didn't think this through well enough.

Finally we reach the door.

The small meeting room overlooks the pitch, it's got a relaxed feel to it, the back wall painted in city blue and a large oak table in the middle. Jack is sitting one side of the table, next to a smart looking middle aged woman in a black suit.
On the other side of the table are 6 chairs. The lady stands up directing the Grealish's to sit in the empty chairs. I sit next to Jack with Mia next to me and Esme still in my arms. Jack leans over to kiss me and Esme then leans across to Mia.
"Ah princess wot ya done?" He exclaims on seeing the plaster on her chin. After she fills him on her dramatic accident Karen interrupts.

"So what is this?"

Jack takes my hand before turning to her
"This" he smiles "is our wedding"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 2.8K 30
neck kisses - IN WHICH A girl drunkenly texts her ex - or so she thinks or - IN WHICH A famous footballer falls for a pretty girl impressive rankings...
90.8K 770 39
Jack and Abigail despise eachother after being bestfriends for many years. When Abigail becomes friends with Jadon Sancho they meet again.. Cover mad...
185K 3.6K 26
"𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐱 𝐦𝐞, 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮" 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘯𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘹 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘪𝘮. a ja...
35.8K 398 24
"𝐇𝐞'𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡, 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞? *MATURE REFRENCE...