Safe Place

By naislibrary

"You might not know it yet, Zara. But ever since I saw you in that gas station, I knew you and me were destin... More

CHARACTERS + TWS + TROPES
PLAYLIST
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24

23

6.8K 109 117
By naislibrary

ZARA

Each step closer I get to my room, I hear someone aggressively writing and flipping through pages.
Who the fuck is in my room?

I grip the knob of the heavy door, pushing it open with all my might to see Aiden seated on my bed with a huge grin on his face, a grin that shows his sharp, chiseled jaw so well. He can cut about anything with that jaw of his.

I look down to notice he's holding something, but the sheets of my bed are blocking my view.

He's smiling at the certain thing he's holding and pretending like I'm not in this room when I made my presence quite obvious.

I start pacing towards him. "What are you do-"
WHAT?
"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY BOOK!!" I yell furiously as he puts my book up in the air, which I struggle to reach.

Oh no....
Oh no, no no.
He's holding Fifty Shades Of Grey.

"Aiden... read any other book but that one, please..."
"Are you begging?" He teases with the corners of his full lips rising. "because love, I think it's too late now." He continues as I see he's towards the ending of the book.

This is so fucking embarrassing.

Wait- is that?
Is that a pen in his hand?
A pen that's touching MY book?
Is he writing in my book?

"Give it back!" I scream once again, reaching for the book before getting on the bed with him.

Oh- that doesn't sound right. I'm just going on the bed to get my book, I swear.

"I didn't know you had these thoughts, Zara." He flashes his teeth at me.

The more he talks the more infuriated I get, so I put in more and more effort, but it's like he extends his arm a foot longer the closer I get to reaching the book.

I adjust myself but he mumbles a groan. "Off."
"Off what?" I look at him in confusion.
"Off me." He demands, throwing the book onto my bed then furiously walking away.

He was just laughing and joking around a second and now he's walking out the room like a toddler for no reason at all.

Men say women are complicated when all along men are the most childish, confusing people on this planet.

I quietly grab the book from the bed, placing it back into my bookshelf with the same confused look on my face.
What's up with him?

I followed his previous steps into his room, knocking on the door.

After a couple seconds I push the door open and my gaze shifts to his perfect face... almost perfect. Well, maybe his face is perfect.

I opened my mouth to say anything to him but even the most basic vocabulary couldn't escape me.

A piece of his hair fell, brushing over his dark, frustrated eyes. He rakes his hand through his hair while looking up at me, his eyes lightening up a bit.

I stared at lining of his dilated pupils wondering why I feel so different around him today.
Actually, I've felt different around him for a while now, but I'm not sure what I'm feeling.

I wanted to study his face more but he broke eye contact to look down.
To look down at my lips.

He wasn't that far from me.
His door is pretty close to his bed so we were 5 feet apart at most.

My heartbeat started quickening and I was becoming desperate to break the tension.

Finally, words floated to the surface and interrupted the strong silence in the room.

"Sorry for- uh, tackling you back there." I say the most random thing possible.
His eyes flicked back up to mine, he walked closer to me, making me feel more comfortable in a way

He rested his forearm on my shoulder like I was a hand-rest for him. His biceps stiffened, allowing me to notice how perfectly sculpted he is as I looked at his eyes desperately.

I think I might have feelings for him, or else why would I tense up every-time he's near and get butterflies flooding my entire stomach?

"I have a question." He ignores my apology.
"Shoot."

He sprang up off me, brushing the awkwardness off him before speaking. Why does he looks so nervous?

"I need you to be my date to my cousins wedding." He finally releases.

Oh.
What was he so nervous about? If we're going to fake date then that means I should expect things like this 24/7.
I don't see the problem.

"Okay." I give him a smile, secretly assuring that he shouldn't be nervous.

"Okay?" He repeats my words, his eyebrows lifting.
"Yeah, why not?" I question.

"I forgot to mention this but not only is my dad crazy, my whole bloodline is."
"Trust me, I know crazy." I guarantee his concerned face.

If only he knew the people I used to be surrounded with everyday.

"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, but when's the wedding?"

He looks at me hesitantly like he knows I'm about to be mad any second now.
"Tomorrow."

"AIDEN!" I yell, I feel my eyes darken.
"I promise, I just got the invitation 2 nights ago. Pinky promise?" He brings his pinky to me.

Is he still a child?
Who even does pinky promises anymore?

I lift my hand up as I pull his pinky down slowly. "You're a child."
"I know."

As I let go of his pinky it's like I saw his cheeks brighten up, was he blushing?

I back away from him as the tiredness from this long day hits me.

"Goodnight." I pronounce with a lopsided smile stretching across my face.

"Goodnight, grump." He leans forward, resting his hands on the desk and his comforting aura filled the dark room.

ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

"There's no way in hell, I can pick out a dress to wear to a wedding in a mall!" I say loudly as my face tightens with fury.

I'm in a tiny store that's surrounded with prom dresses.
Yes, PROM dresses.

I am not wearing a prom dress to a wedding.
A wedding I'll be seeing Aiden's family at.

Not like I want to impress them...it's just that they know that we're 'dating.' Or at-least I think they do.

I turn my head to Sophie and Eli, hoping they can help me out but they look at me petrified.

"WHAT?" I yell.
"Zara relax please." Sophie condolences me as she puts one hand on my shoulder.
"I just think she's nervous." Eli chimes in, talking about me like he's the narrator in a third person movie.

Sophie looks at Eli nodding her head. "I get your about to meet your boyfriends family today, but you have to stay calm."

"I am not nervous about that."
"You are." Eli chimes in a second time.

Whatever, it's 6am and I'm here looking for a dress. You know what, I'm not going to go, I should just go to bed.

I pick up my phone from the back pocket of my jeans and go to Aiden's contact, calling him.
Once he answers that when I ramble. "I am not going to that stupid wedding anymore!"

"Why? You're worried that we might look too good together?" He says with a shimmer of confidence in his voice.

"No! It's because I have no dress and that's because of you and your short notice." I practically scream into my phone before hanging up.

Sophie and Eli let out a sigh as we're walking out the mall before I get a text from Aiden.
Come home and look in your closet.

Is he trying to surprise me with a dress?
Does he think I'm that stupid?
It's going to be a prank.
He looks like the type of guy that would be a prankster.

20 minutes later I find the urge to go into my
closet and just pray that he wasn't pranking me.

Please don't be a prank,
please don't be a prank.

He isn't home, so if I do embarrass myself he'll never know.

And right when I open my closet I find a beautiful dress shining right at me.

Oh- It's not a prank.
When did he even get this here?
Well, I didn't actually go in my closet today because I grabbed the most random outfit off my bed because I was in a rush to get the dress.

The dress was discreet and dark, but it had a clean look to it. It's dark red and it would actually look pretty nice on me, it looked flattering and like it would smooth every curve on my body.

It's beautifully pleated, stylish but not gaudy.
This dress is perfect.

I take my phone from my vanity, but this time I'm actually opening up Aiden's contact with a smile on my face and not a derailed look.

Denny

Thank you, it's beautiful.

And you'll look beautiful in it.

He's sweet, he turned more soft the more I got to know him. Or he's just a sweet guy with a mean disguise.

I really do have feelings for him no matter how hard I try to deny it.

WRITERS NOTE
hey... I'm alive. I actually was gonna quit this book until I realized how bad you all wanted another chapter and I just couldn't betray you guys so I randomly got motivation and started writing. ALSO THE WAY NONE OF U RUSHED ME IS SO CUTE LIKE I LOVE U ALL SO MUCH OKAY BYE LOVES.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 1.4K 34
(Book I) Dahlia Davis joins her school's leadership program in hopes of making some more friends, but it's a lot harder than it seems... is she willi...
6.6K 710 53
Zara was leaving the man who she considered to be the love of her life, who'd become her first ever home, to pursue her life-long dreams. Heartbroken...
Contrast By Jade

Teen Fiction

4M 100K 82
Everyone at Ohio State University knows about Blake Andrews, the infamous all-star quarterback of the football team and rumored insomniac. Most refer...
18.1K 988 31
A career-driven girl, content in her life with close friends and family, finds herself entangled with a stoic billionaire lacking love . Read to know...