Set Free

By onetryhardwriter

It goes both ways, They say. It was my fault, For never opening up. But it was yours too, For making me feel... More

Middle.
End.

Intro.

11 0 1
By onetryhardwriter

I arrive at the hospital, swarmed by the flock of people going out the entrance. I get pushed and shoved as I force my way to the reception.

"Amina Castro, please?", I say.

"Room 407.", the nurse says casually. She doesn't even look at me. She scrolls through papers and gets a pen.

Once she realizes I'm still standing before her, she shoots a glare and I quickly apologize for the inconvenience.

I enter the elevator and press the fourth floor.

The elevator rings and I am met with the familiar smell of alcohol and antiseptic—the usual hospital scent.

I take sight of my mom's room and walk towards it. Outside her door, I take a deep breath. It's been a long time since I have seen her.

I open the door, the creaking sound fastening the beat of my heart.

"Mami, I missed you.", I say with a small smile.

"Mi hija, it's been so long."

"I know." I sit on the bench close to her bed and start bringing out the ring I bought for her. I hand it to her and as she opens it, I earn a big gasp and a smile on her face.

She puts it on her ring finger and exclaims "It fits me perfectly! Oh, bello."

She notices me being solemn and looks at me.

"Is there a problem, Mia?"

"Nothing. I- I'm just trying to get accustomed. You know, I haven't been home for so long."

"It's good to have you home, mi amor."

"I know, mami. It's good to see you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
34.3K 7.1K 30
A Lawyer, Bold with a bit of anger issues, Smart, Not in good terms with his Father. A Girl, Sweet but Insecure about her weight, With Career tension...
129K 5.4K 48
A fire incident at his(Kim Jae-soo) husband's home while he (Baek Ji-Hu )was away made Kim Jae-soo return to his third year of university (he was reb...