Shred Of Hearts [COMPLETED]

By darkest112

"Bold of you to assume you're worthy enough to occupy my thoughts." _______ Ciane has always been an outcast... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41: Epilogue

Chapter 38

3.5K 123 22
By darkest112

------

Ciane

I glare at the woman staring at me with a dark glint and a psychotic look in her eyes. The rage I feel is so deep, I  feel the sprouting of fur just below my skin begging to come to the surface to deal with the inhumane woman. A woman who has caused feuds and thrived by it. She has caused so much hurt to not only me but also the entirety of Olivia's pack.

"You bitch! How dare you! How dare you!" Those words leave my mouth, the rage and anger portrayed in detail.

"Do you feel hurt that I destroyed her pack or that I turned everyone against you? Have you ever thought why. Why everyone disliked you? It was all me. I broke you! I broke you!" The laugh that leaves her mouth leaves me in utter shock.

I stare at Jonah who looks too stunned and confused at the same type. I don think he's ever seen Anabelle so unhinged and completely lost to reality.

"Well looks like a mental hospital it is." Olivia mutters as we all watch as she races down the stairs towards us.

"Did it hurt when I brought your pack to it's knees? I know it did! Tell me it did!" A giggle leaves her mouth as she gets closer to us. Jonah goes into protective mode and a snarl leaves his mouth. Anabelle's eyes meet Jonah's and I realize, she's not really there. She hasn't been for a while now.

"Christian was so naive thinking that I'd just be with him. That I'll stick around and be a Luna! How pathetic and stupid he was to have believed all my lies! All the things I told him! I mean why didn't he follow it up! Because he trusted me! He trusted me and I utilized it!" Her eyes grow blank and she's quiet for a while. Without warning a cackle escapes her mouth giving me a fright. She has lost it.

She gets closer to us, her voice growing unreasonably loud. What the freak is wrong with her? Her eye look wild, crazy even.

"I am going to kill you! I am going to finish what I started and nothing, nothing you say will stop me from--" she suddenly goes quiet, her eyes widening for a second before her entire body goes still, eyes shutting as she drops to the floor, revealing a familiar man behind her.

"Ashton?" Jonah whispers, staring at the man as if he has grown another set of eyes.

"She talks too much," he grins, displaying an array of pearly teeth."Now hurry, we have no time! The drug will not last long." He fumbles through his pocket and pulls a set of keys.

"What?" I stare in complete shock. What is going on?

He rushes to the cell holding Olivia and unlocks it, hissing in the process. I'm still too in shock to understand what's going on. Why is he helping us?

"Why are you helping?"Olivia asks the very question that was about to leave my lips.

"Christian."

My mind flashes back to the time the man had insisted we could come up with another plan. He already had a spy already. When did he get here? How did he know about me working for Christian?

"How?" I ask, completely perplexed by the entire situation.

"I've been here for over a year now. Christian had been looking for a way to get into the pack. He knew the only way to get in was to place someone in this pack who will get all the information out of here. It was at that time Christian found you, Ciane. He brought you in and nursed all your wounds. Weirdly enough, he didn't even bother to ask why we found you not too far away from this pack." Ashton explains and everything makes alot more sense.

"You have been here the whole time and you did not bother to look for me?" I glance at Olivia who looks enraged.

"We can have this conversation when we are out of this pack. Right now, it's crucial that we escape." Ashton says as Jonah helps Olivia exit the cell she has occupied for the last five years.

We hurry up the stairs and pass a knocked out guard on the way. There are still so many unanswered questions. How did the communicate? How did no one realize that a mole existed in this pack?

I could hear Olivia's breath getting rugged as we rushed towards the border of the pack. The fact that no one has followed us this far is alarming and weird. Was Anabelle still unconscious?

"Stop! What are you doing close to the border?" An unfamiliar voice demands and I turn to stare at one of the border patrol. He looks about my age, a scowl occupying his features.

"Its okay, Evan. I'm in charge here. The alpha knows we are here and it would be best if you just move aside." Jonah commanded and Evan's eyes widen before he bows and moves aside.

It was going so smoothly until the said alpha himself emerges through the thick trees, a livid expression marring his features.

"Where do you think you're going with her?" Exus snarls, his mouth baring his sharp canines. His eyes meet mine and a hurt expression forms on his face.

"I knew you insisting to see her was weird but I didn't think you'd try to break her out. Anabelle was right, wasn't she?" He mumbles and I am almost sure I see tears gather in his eyes.

His eyes fog over and a few minutes later we are surrounded by pack wolves, most of them in their wolf form.

"I know everything now, Exus. You attacked Olivia's Pack and massacred everyone just because you trusted your sister too much to investigate her accusations!" I glare and his eyes widen, fear and shame clouding them before they harden.

"My sister would never lie to me. She would never do anything to cause harm to a another pack. His pathetic brother destroyed my sister's life and she, she killed my niece." He still goes by the same narrative five years later. Had he never bothered to investigate his sister's claims?

"Are you absolutely sure her accusations were true, accurate?" Jonah asks and Exus looks utterly betrayed.

"Jonah why would you side with her? Ashton? You can't possibly believe all the lies she's told you?" Exus mutters, with disbelieving eyes.

"You are actually the one who's in the dark. You've fought battles for someone who will never do the same for you! You have destroyed an entire pack because of something so trivial that your sister made up, that your sister fabricated in order to make you compliant with her disgusting plans!" Ashton seethes through clenched teeth and I can feel the pain in his voice as if he went through it himself, as if he had seen it happen.

It hits me like a tidal wave.

He was part of Christian's pack.

Exus opens his mouth to retort but before he does, an enraged Anabelle stumbles right behind him, her eyes wild and unstable. Any signs of humanity left in them completely gone.

"What are you doing here?" Exus asks turning to stare at her, his brows furrowing in confusion.

"I'm here to witness it all end. What I started must come to a wonderful end, right?" Annabelle chuckles, as he always and bounces slightly on her foot.

"What are you talking about, Anabelle?"

"Oh, drop the act brother! I know you must have loved destroying that stupid pack like I did. Tell me that you did! I won't judge you! I would embrace you because I did too! You remember the blood, the way I broke Christian's little heart? It was all so satisfyingly hilarious." She screeches as she sways in circles.

Exus eyes widen with fear, confusion and alot of other emotions I couldn't decipher.

"What... What do you mean?" He sounds afraid.

"Did you really think Christian had the guts to hurt me? He was such a weakling! He was so smitten by our bond, by me, gave me everything I wanted, all the freedom in the world! That man was so blind! He trusted me and you did too! You did too! You were so stupid, brother!" She grins and Exus looks haunted, "Don't worry brother! I know you loved it! You loved the blood! You loved it when we brought that pack down to it's knees!" She mumbles rubbing her eyes wildly ad her eyes meet mine.

I flinch when I realize her eyes are vacant. No signs of life or humanity in them. There's always a glimpse of someone through their eyes, the light that shows that some where behind their twisted self is a soul, a mind and someones child. Hers are blank and I stumble back at the look.

"Annabelle, we. . .we destroyed an entire pack for. . .nothing?" Exus asks, eyes solely focused on the woman who's eyes are on mine.

"Don't feel bad brother, they meant nothing. It was so easy to convince you that you had a niece, that that disgusting little fourteen year old had killed her. It was so worth it to see the defeated look on their faces as I took them down as I destroyed every little thing they held dear to their heart. Soon I'll be destroying the remaining ones." She grins and I turn my eyes to Exus. He looks sick, repulsed by what he has heard. But I know deep down he must have felt it, that the attack was all for nothing. He must have known that one of them must ha been lying and he chose to believe the sister, the liar, the mastermind behind everything.

My eyes turn to stare at the guards who were with Exus. Their expression mirror Exus's but with disgust in the mix. They can't believe their alpha is so monstrous, ready to annihilate a pack based on words of an unstable woman.

"You destroyed us, Exus! You and your sister have hurt us beyond repair!" Olivia speaks up,

I witness as Exus's eyes harden as his stares train on us. It's like he was done with it all.

"It doesn't matter anymore, does it. Your pack is gone and there's nothing to be done to take back what has happened." Exus replies his eyes gazing into mine.

It only takes a second for me to realize he has chosen his sister. The sister that destroyed an entire pack. He may as well have known from the beginning.

"And I thought you'd be a bit remorseful about it, Exus." I mutter, his name finally slipping through my lips.

Exus green eyes widen for a second before the grow cold and empty. The emptiness I had witnessed so very many times, when he detaches himself from reality.

"Guards, attack them!" Exus yells and I witness as them divide. Half of them takes Exus sides, the others heading our direction. Why were they choosing us? Why were they choosing to betray Exus. Exus, the man who has proven more than once that he's not a nice guy. Noticing this, Exus eyes burn with rage.

"You dare disobey my order! You will face my wrath, you'll face the consequences of your actions." His eyes shift into that dark color I am so used to.

I am in shock and I swallow hard, staring as his claws elongate, canines protruding from his teeth. I have never seen him too unhinged. He has chosen to listen to his sister, he has chosen her and I am not shocked or surprised. Even when she has proven so many times that she's a killer, a murderer, he has chosen her.

"I knew you'd choose me, brother!" Anabelle cackles as her claws emerge from her fisted hand.

I sense him before I see him and every cell in my body comes alive as if he was entwined with me which is literally impossible. He emerges through the trees and I swallow hard as his dark eyes meet mine, the scar on his face becoming even more prominent than ever. I witness as Anabelle's eyes widen with shock before they turn dark and lifeless, a smirk so dark and daunting curling at the corner of her lips. She stares at the man that used to her her mate with both hunger and rage. A confusing mix.

"Have you come to die, mate?"

I know it's hanging but it had to end somewhere because it was going on forever. Also, I am so so sorry it has taken forever to update! I have been so busy and I still am. I hope you loved it! I know alot of people have quit reading this but I hope you like it!

Vote. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.9K 37
She was always her twins shadow. The dark silhouette that hid in the background while her sister took all the attention on the front lines. She becam...
757K 33.6K 53
Unforgivable will be removed from Wattpad on Oct 20 2020 and published to Amazon Kindle! Lyri is a rejected she-wolf, but only she and her mate know...
2.4M 54.5K 32
Sam was the lonely wallflower of her pack. She was the goodie two shoes that was as innocent as an angel; she never drank or smoked. But when she rea...
52.5K 1.6K 30
Forget everything they tell you about mates. Forget those girls who fall in love with the bad man in the end. Forget those bad men who change for th...