๐“๐‡๐„ ๐“๐€๐’๐“๐„ ๐Ž๐… ๐ˆ๐“ |...

By SavannaWritess

"๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ ๐จ๐๐๐š๐ฆ๐ง ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ข๐ญ๐ฎ๐๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ."... More

Character Aesthetics and Author's Note
01 | bloodshed
03 | attitude
04 | some talents stick
05 | trouble is dripping
06 | tiny junk
07 | a good spanking
08 | security cameras
9 | kinky threats
10 | i saw what you did
11 | vicious business partners
12 | pure torture
13 | tease me
14 | new target
15 | protection
16 | tough girl act
17 | beg like a slut
18 | murderer
19 | first kill
20 | bruised ribs
21 | almost caught
22 | unexpected laughter
23 | be careful of him
24 | cocktail sausage
25 | forced bruises
26 | on my knees
27 | don't move
28 | two gunshots
29 | don't make me go
30 | head as a trophy
31 | lukewarm heart
32 | dirty company
33 | open up to me
34 | club opening
35 | what are you doing to me?
36 | new place
37 | moving in
38 | punishment
39 | girls night out
40 | heartless punishment
41 | far from over
42 | gentle hands
43 | he knows
44 | blood
45 | radio silence
46 | miss you
47 | or she's dead
48 | unfortunate timing
49 | beg for her
50 | hostage
51 | where is she?
52 | home and safe
53 | ti amo
Epilogue One
Epilogue Two
Bonus Chapters
Gabriel's Book: Debt of Temptation

02 | humble abode

150K 2.4K 2K
By SavannaWritess

✧✧✧

A L E X I A D A L T O N

I'm not sure why my parents thought it would be a good idea to bring up kids whilst they're still living their vigilante youth. They have a lot of valid reasons for why they do what they do but sometimes that can come at the cost of their children's safety.

When I say children I mean me, my twenty-two year old self.

They've always protected me since birth, given me extra security and guards so that nothing could happen to me. But a few days ago I was informed that they cannot guarantee my safety anymore and it's best if I go and live with my brother for a little while, he will be able to protect me more than they can.

At this age I just want to live a normal fucking life. No having to be looking over my shoulder at every given moment in case I'm kidnapped and held for a ransom. I'm done with their dangerous lives, ones that can be taken at any moment with their profession.

But what makes it worse is that my brother's is no safer, in fact it's probably more dangerous.

He's the underboss in a gang or something to do with dangerous people. Just what I need, more gangs, more bad people and murderous situations I can find myself in.

Gabriel has always lived life on the edge, ever since he left home at nineteen and joined the dark side, he's always wanted to do things that give him a thrill. And joining a gang was one of them.

We've always been close, especially growing up. He was my big brother who protected me from bullies and nasty boys, even the nice ones. He threatened those who I actually liked and they never came within two feet of me again after crossing my brother.

I hated his protection as a kid but now I realise it came from a good place.

Now I'm going to live with him after not living with him for five years, things are definitely going to be different this time around. Both of our lives have drastically changed and now he's known as a dangerous man.

All I want to do is study and become an astrophysicist and let my relatives' wild lives pass me.

I don't want to live up to their achievements, if you can even call them that. Is wanting a simple life too much to ask for?

When my plane lanes and I make it through security with no hassle, I am picked up on the other end by my brother. He's changed so much since the last time I saw him, he's grown into a man.

Tall and muscular. More tattoos than I last remembered and since when did he wear jewellery? The mafia changed him. I don't remember him having that scar slashed through his eyebrow the last time I saw him but I don't even want to ask.

He's wearing a grin as soon as I see him, opening his long arms wide and I take a couple steps forward to meet his embrace. "Oh God," he mumbles into my hair as he wraps his arms around me. "It's been so long, Lex."

"I know," I say into his shoulder and close my eyes for a brief second. "How are you?"

"I'm good," he pulls back and analyses my face. "You've all grown up little sis, damn. You're not twelve anymore."

I push his arm and roll his eyes, earning a laugh from him. "Whatever, you're still a pain in my ass. You saw me literally two years ago."

Gabriel looks down to my bags and slings my backpack over his shoulder and takes my suitcase. "How are you?" He asks as we walk outside to the car park.

"Not bad," I shrug, my eyes resting on the setting sun which has lit up the sky into a beautiful tone of orange. "There is only so much to feel when your parents start panicking and usher you out of their presence because shit might go down."

I can physically see Gabriel wince at my words. "You know it's for the best right? They wouldn't have asked this from me unless they knew something was going to happen. They don't want you to get hurt, Lex."

"Of course they don't," I cut him. "But I'm just done with it all, I want to be disconnected from that side of their life."

Gabriel gives me a side look and we stop by a car, the driver stepping out to place my bags into the boot. I slide into the back of the sleek black BMW and my brother moves in beside me.

"You will never be apart from it," he says and I already know.

"I wish I didn't have to be."

"Hey," he snaps my eyes back to his attention. "Let's just forget about it, alright? You're here now and you're free to do whatever you want in our protection."

"I signed up to the open university." I blurt out and Gabriel's eyes go wide.

"You did?"

I nod and purse my lips, staring out of the tinted window of the car. "Yeah, I've started studying astrophysics."

"Wow." he swipes a hand across his brow. "I mean I remember you always being interested in science shit, the planets and galaxies and what not but I didn't actually think you would sign up for it."

"I like to learn about the unknown." I turn back to him and greet him with a smile. "You know that I've loved it since I was young, mum and dad bought me that telescope and I didn't sleep for like a month. Remember?"

Gabriel laughs and then nods, he leans forward to ruffle a hand on my head and I push him away. "Aw, my smart little sister. You put me to shame, you do."

"Get off," I swat his hands roughly.

We soon pull up outside a large modern house, one with windows for walls and wooden cladded materials. Pillars, a pool and a tennis court. Of course they live in a massive fuck off mansion, one that must cost millions.

The driver parks outside the house in the car park and before I get the chance to get out of the car, Gabriel leans over to grab my shoulder. "Look Lex, there is one thing," he sighs and I narrow my eyes at him.

"What?"

"Lonzo, he's grumpy as fuck but he also lives here. It's our house and he is the boss but please don't do anything to fuck things up or piss him off. It's in your benefit that you can stay." Gabriel retreats a hand and pushes it through his dark brown hair.

I quirk an eyebrow and shuffle back to examine his expression. "So you'd leave your flesh and blood to fend for themselves because of him?"

He tuts at my response. "Obviously not but Lonzo says he doesn't like strangers."

An unattractive snort escapes my body. "That's ironic, how did he ever create a gang?"

"Just play nice."

"When am I not?" I flash a sarcastic smile.

"Lex, I am warning you."

My eyes roll painfully and I pop open the car door. "Gabriel, I won't do anything to him or to you, I'm going to be busy studying and doing my own shit. Okay?"

"Okay," he nods and steps out of the car. He walks to the boot and pulls out my belongings, an older woman wearing black clothes and an apron walks down the front of the steps. "Harriet, can you put these in the spare bedroom for Alexia."

"Of course, Gabriel," she nods and I shake my head.

"I can do it," I lean forward to grab the handle of my suitcase.

Gabriel moves it out of reach. "That is why Harriet is here," he responds.

"Are you an idiot?" My voice grows louder. "She is a woman and my bags are fucking heavy, the least you could do is help."

"That's not how it works around here, Lex. You're gonna have to get used to it."

I narrow my eyes at him and reach forward for my suitcase again. "I can carry them myself if you're not going to help her. She might be your housekeeper but Dalton's carry their own, no?"

Gabriel smirks in my direction and crosses his arms over his chest. "I guess."

"Then great, show me the way to my room then."

I follow Harriet into the house and she takes me through the open plan living room, one that looks out across the view of a beautiful shimmering lake and trees and trees beyond. My arms handle my bags up the stairs before Gabriel huffs out a breath and takes my suitcase for me, I smile to myself in success.

"Here will be your room, Alexia," Harriet turns to me before pushing open the door.

"Thanks," I tell her as Gabriel dumps my suitcase behind me.

"You can go now Harriet, thanks."

Harriet is dismissed and I push my things into the room, even for a spare bedroom it's pristine. A Queen double bed with an oak desk and wardrobe, shutters on the windows which can be opened.

"All good?"

"Better than home," I joke. Then I glance up at the ceiling, a camera facing the bed. "Wha–" I cut myself off. "Why is there a camera in my room?"

Gabriel shrugs. "There are cameras in every room in the house. They're needed for security."

I turn my head to him in shock. "But my bedroom... who has the access to it?"

"Lonzo does but he doesn't access them unless he needs to."

My eyes ping open. "Are you crazy? Gabriel, I don't want some guy watching me get undressed."

He smirks to himself. "It's cute that you think he has time to watch you get undressed, Lex. I'm sure he's seen hundreds of women naked. Been in hundreds of naked women. I don't think watching you is going to do much for him besides bore him."

I'm still blinking rapidly. Of course every gang leader is a complete playboy, I wouldn't expect it any other way. "I don't know if I'm okay with this."

"You're gonna have to be," he shrugs. "It's for your safety. For all of our safety."

Before I can say anything more he takes a step back and gives me a glance not to press further. Maybe he's right. Lonzo doesn't care about me, he cares about the safety of himself and his house.

Gabriel pats the door and beckons his head over his shoulder. "I'll let you get settled in or whatever, en-suite is just through here," he points to the door on the left side of my room. "Dinner will be served in thirty minutes so be down for then."

"Sweet," I nod and he leaves me to it.

Once I have removed my clothes from my suitcase and hung them in my wardrobe or folded them neatly into my drawers, I get changed into something clean but in the corner of the room, away from the camera. Being on an aeroplane for four hours makes me feel sweaty and disgusting. Fresh clothes are needed for my own comfort and sanity.

I glance at my phone and head downstairs exactly thirty minutes later, Gabriel stands from the living room and turns off the TV.

"Sorted your stuff out?" He asks as I reach the last step.

"Most of it," I nod once.

"Hope you're hungry."

I smile and feel my stomach growl at his words. "As ever."

Gabriel glances up at the top of the stairs and I turn around to look at what he's staring at, and now I understand.

A dark haired man walks along the bannister and then down the stairs, his head is held high and shoulders pushed back. He's wearing a white shirt which is tucked into trousers and sleeves rolled up to his elbows. When his body loops around the middle set of stairs he turns in our direction and I notice three of his top buttons are undone.

Then my eyes shamelessly float to his face, admiring all of his features. Strong jawline and chiselled cheekbones. Light stubble that covers his cheeks and jaw.

I catch a glimpse of his tattoos on his forearms, they're nothing like my brothers. They're spread out across his skin, leaving gaps between them. He even has one across his hand and I find myself clenching at his entrance.

It's obvious he's the boss by the way his presence dominates the room with a certain type of energy.

He reaches the last step and adjusts his shirt that is halfway rolled. He's stupidly tall, he almost takes up the whole room. Shoulders broad and spine straight. Gabriel finally clears his throat to grab his attention and his dark, mysterious eyes find my brother.

"Lonzo," he starts. "This is my sister, Alexia. Alexia, this is Lonzo."

For the first time Lonzo drags his gaze over to my face, he takes one look at me and his expression is already bored. Inside my blood begins to heat but I refuse to let his presence affect the way I am.

"Thank you for allowing me to stay in your humble abode," my tone comes out slightly sarcastic which earns me a jab in the ribs from Gabriel.

I wince internally but I don't react from his action, instead I just force a smile back at Lonzo who is looking at me like he wants to kill me. Never have I seen eyes look so fierce and full of hatred in my life.

Lonzo says nothing in return and loops around me like I barely exist. I turn to Gabriel instantly who raises his eyebrows at me and I shrug. "Tough crowd," I mumble under my breath and he pushes my shoulder lightly.

"Play nice I said."

I throw my hands up in defence and follow Gabriel through to the kitchen and then the dining room. I've never seen a bigger table in my life. Especially considering only two of them actually live here. Food is already prepared and waiting for us at the table. Lonzo sits at one end and I purposely sit as far away from him as possible.

Thankfully Gabriel sits beside me so I don't look like a complete idiot.

We plate ourselves up with lasagne and fresh bread, Gabriel spoons his food into his mouth and turns to me. "Was your flight okay?"

"Yeah, fine," I nod and push my fork through the pasta sheets.

He chews on his food and nods. "How's mum and dad?"

I bite on my fork and give him a look. "How'd you think?"

"Yeah, fair," his dark brows push together as he ponders for a moment. "I'm sure they'll call soon."

My shoulders raise and fall quickly. "Doesn't matter, they're clearly very busy."

Gabriel nods and then looks down at my plate. "Eat." He points his knife in the direction of my food.

I do as he says and we remain silent for a few moments. Then I take the chance to glance up and then down the table, my eyes falling on Lonzo's face as he spoons his food into his mouth. Eyes are firmly down and avoiding our gazes.

I'm relieved in a way because Gabriel was right, he is fucking grumpy, like he could kill at any given second. But men like him do not scare or intimidate me. I've met plenty of people like Lonzo, they think they rule the world but they're just deprived of life.

✧✧✧

Read up to chapter 12 on Patreon!
www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Author's Note

Hey huns, what did you guys think of this chapter?✨

We finally got to meet Alexia and Alexia meets Lonzo. Oooop I'm already feeling that tension.😩

I hope you're excited for this as much as I am! I love that I'm challenging myself.

Don't forget to leave a vote, it means the world to me!

Love Sav x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 38.3K 39
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "Adriana Valentin" - Her family was the most dangerous family in all of New York. Her father, Alejandro Valentรญn, being the most vi...
757K 12K 64
๊จ„the mob boss and his maid๊จ„ โ€ขโ€ข "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
402K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...