ALL TOO WELL, maddie buckley

By nichclsiconic

ALL TOO WELL, dean matthews knew that feeling all too well, the feeling of knowing someone everyday is going... More

ALL TOO WELL
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.

one.

1.1K 28 3
By nichclsiconic

on his day off rather than spending it with his brother who also has the day off from the police department, the two matthew brothers went and helped out maddie, evan's older sister move into her house as dean helped maddie with the security and knowing what to press so she'd could view everything from her ipad.

"okay, i'm sorry," the older buckley comes into the room, "you were showing me the security app," he held the ipad in his hand, "okay, so um, basically you can check everything on here,"

he turns his head seeing his two fellow firefighters and brother lifting the couch, "lift with your legs," he yelled to them, "and you can also check it on your phone if you're not at home," he told her, "well, that's great cause now if i hear a noise in the middle of the night, i don't have to get out of bed to know it's the ice maker,"

dean smiled at that, "hey, thank you, guys," she told the four boys, "for helping me on your day off," eddie and samuel goes towards the buckley women, "don't worry about it, plates?"

"countertop, kitchen," samuel nods his head taking the pizza boxes from maddie's hands sending her a thankful smile walking into the kitchen with eddie following behind, "beer?" dean questioned turning off the ipad, "uh, also kitchen," she told him when dean hands her the ipad, "fridge,"

"clever,"

maddie smiled watching as dean walked past her and towards the kitchen where his brother and eddie were eating the pizza, "he is so cute," evan comes towards his sister, "yeah, they get that a lot, uh, you should meet their kids, though,"

"wait, dean has a kid?"

evan furrowed his eyebrows, "no, i thought you meant eddie and—" the girl walked towards the kitchen where the three men were eating the pizza, "dean?"

dean looked towards the kitchen entrance at where maddie comes through the entrance and towards them getting a plate for herself and a pizza slice.

"9-1-1, what is your emergency?"

taylor kelly was panicking, "this is taylor kelly with the morning traffic update..." she breathes heavily, "-and we are going down!"

ladder 118 goes towards the scene seeing the news eight helicopter stuck on bleachers with the main rotor blade still on, "hey, stay down! stay down!" athena grant and samuel matthews said to the civilians, "get down, people! move! move!"

captain nash looked at his firefighters, "all right guys, we're gonna fan out, go behind those bleachers," nash looked at his lieutenant and diaz, "eddie, matthews, after we get the people out, you two think you can kill that engine?"

"think so," dean told his captain, "just worried about the dynamic rollover," evan buckley looked at them, "the dynamic what?"

eddie turned back to evan, "we change the weight ratio by pulling people out, whole thing could tip over, rotors could snap off," eddie explained as dean nod his head, "and then flying rocks are gonna be the least of our problems,"

"all right, visors down, let's go!"

captain nash ordered for buck to get taylor out of there and for eddie to get the pilot out of there whilst dean waited for eddie to move to turn off the engine of the helicopter, "all right, on three, one, two, three,"

dean switched places with the pilot pulling down the handbreak and stopping the rotor blade from spinning coming back out of the helicopter.

dean was sat on a workout bench standing up when he sees the voice of taylor kelly, "hey," he slides on his firefighter t shirt, "how are you feeling? any side effects after the crash?"

taylor looked at the matthews male, "i'm great," she clarified with dean sending her a smile, "thanks to all of you, which is why i'm here, you guys were so amazing—" dean walked closer to where she stood, "-i want to do a story on this firehouse and on the heros who work here,"

"yea, but you do traffic,"

dean held in his laugh, "i'm not quite ready to go back in the sky, so i thought i'd try my hand at telling a story from the ground," hen laughed, "and use your newfound fame to put your face in front of the camera,"

"that, too,"

taylor kelly added, "smart girl," taylor looked at each of them, "i can't wait to interview all of you, i want to know why you chose this job, the crazy things you've seen, what it's like to face death,"

she then looked towards chimney, "i mean, howie, you almost most died right?" dean looked to his friend, "actually, nobody calls me that, it's chimney," taylor smiled, "i bet there's a story there,"

"hmm,"

their captain comes over to them, "well, you must've really impressed the chief, he said to give you whatever access you need," he told the women, "don't worry, captain nash, your story's in good hands, i'm gonna make you all famous,"

lieutenant dean matthews had already said his part for whatever the news reporter was going to make from her video about why he wanted to be a firefighter, where him and his captain were in the kitchen, "captain nash, can we have a few minutes with you?"

captain nash turned back to say something when the alarm went off, "attention, station one eighteen," captain moved his lieutenant in front of him, "engine and rescue, got a report of adult male, difficulty breathing,"

dean got his equipment on sitting in the engine opposite eddie where dean put the medical bag on his shoulder, "i was told there's a man here who's choking to death,"

the women stopped him, "no, uh, gregory says he doesn't want any help now," dean furrowed his eyebrows at that, "ok, excuse me, ma'am,"

"excuse me, sir, are you refusing care?" the man showed the firefighters his hand tryna shoo them away, "ah, geez!" a lizard comes out from underneath the table making chimney scared, "whoa,"

dean pats his friend's shoulder laughing at chimney's scare, "that's claude, he's the grand prize," she said, dean turned his head seeing gregory now falling to the floor, "get 'em in, get 'em in, give us some room,"

"get this table out of here,"

he moved the table back, "that means you guys, too, give us some room, back up," the station one eighteen all moved the table letting gregory have more room, "i need the bbm,"

dean moved his fingers to the man's neck, "his pulse is steady," he told hen and chimney, "whoa," crickets came out of the man's mouth, "we allowed anything that claude could eat, we thought it might be fun,"

hen looked at her captain, "his pulse is weakening, he's in v-fib, he's coding," the firefighters stand around their fellow firefighters as chimney started compressions.

hen took our something that was blocking the man's ability to breathe where she put the mash back onto his face seeing his eyes open, "he's back," dean smiled at that, "i got sinus rhythm, pulse action's rising, let's get him up,"

dean bent down, "all this for a lizard, huh?" gregory looked at dean, "a monitor lizard, and five hundred bucks," dean shook his head not impressed, "and i just lost,"

"yes, you did! yeah!"

dean felt disgusted as the women spat out the roaches from her mouth back into the container as dean felt a shiver go up his spine at that.

samuel, samuel's girlfriend alyssa, their twins charlie and rikki and dean were having a family dinner at dean's apartment where a knock comes through the door, "i'll get it,"

dean chased after the seven year olds to his apartment front door seeing his and sam's half sister there, "uh quinn, what-what are you doing here?" he furrowed his eyebrows at his half sister when charlie and rikki dropped the tension hugging their aunt, "aunt quinn!"

she hugged the seven year olds in her arms, "hey guys," she touched their hair as dean opened the door wide enough for her to come inside.

quinn worked with maddie at the 9-1-1 call centre since she had lost her husband in surgery that she was head surgeon on and felt the guilty of not being able to keep her husband alive so she moved to a different career not wanting the reminder everyday of her dead husband.

charlie, rikki and dean had went to the blockbuster store where dean had saw a movie that he thought maddie would've liked and had bought it along with the movie his nephew and niece had picked out cars 2.

the matthews male had knocked onto maddie's front door waiting for her to open it up looking up to the camera that was placed in the corner smiling charmingly at it when the older buckley opened the door, "hi," she smiled at dean, "come on in,"

he walked inside her house, "so i was just out with my niece and nephew and i saw this and i just thought of you," he handed her the wrapped movie, "what?" she looked at him, "no,"

dean put his hands into his trouser pockets, "it's a housewarming gift," he added as maddie shook it, "oh, not a book,"

the matthews male hummed, "dvd, mission:impossible," he said as maddie chuckled, "uh, you do have a dvd player, right?" maddie nods her head, "yes, and a popcorn maker,"

maddie smiled sweetly at him, "would you like to hang out and watch this movie with me?" a smile comes onto his lips, "yeah-yeah, i'd love to,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 210 8
the 118 and the 217 have been rival stations since forever. always trying to one up one another. but what happens when a member of the 118 and a memb...
63.8K 2.1K 36
Alexandria Rivers has been fighting to survive her entire life. Joining the 118 was her first moment of peace, and eventually two guys show her how t...
221K 7K 53
In which two co-workers find peace and comfort in one another. "These people are the best part of me." Trigger warning for any and all chapters!!
641K 6.3K 20
This is my story! PLEASE don't steal it! I have been informed of this story being on other platforms but this is the original! Please report the othe...