The Youngest Crawley (Peter P...

By TS19009

(Downton Abbey!OC x Peter Parker) (Season 3 to present (Season 6 and movies)) Charlotte Crawley is the younge... More

Before you read (2024)
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Meeting my Soulmate
Chapter 2 - Morning Showers
Chapter 3 - Awkward Feelings
Chapter 4 - Show Home
Chapter 5 - Until We Meet Again
Chapter 6 - Unexpected
Chapter 7- The Next Step In Our Lives
Chapter 8 - Happiness and Pain
Chapter 9 - Telling
Chapter 10 - Everything Changes
Chapter 11 - Silent Hearts
Chapter 12 - Healing Hearts
Chapter 13 - Stick Together
Chapter 14 - Girls Night Out
Chapter 15 - Deep
Chapter 16 - Save Him
Chapter 17 - Cricket
Chapter 18 - Dun-Eagle: Part 1
Chapter 19 - Dun-Eagle: Part 2
Chapter 20 - The Wedding of Our Dreams
Thankssss
Writing again!! (Edited)
Chapter 21 - Honeymoon Bliss Continued
Chapter 22 - The Power of a Women
Chapter 23 - Secrets
Chapter 24 - Expecting
Chapter 25 - Rejection
Chapter 26 - Alfred
Chapter 27 - Band
Chapter 28 - A Female Friend
Chapter 29: Changing
Chapter 30 - Mrs. Dudley ward
Chapter 31- Undercover
Chapter 32- A New Chapter

Chapter 33 - Fire!

181 7 1
By TS19009

Words: 2203

Hey yo, I'm back, I forgot how dramatic this scene was ngl I kinda loved writing this, I loved the drama and thought it was really cute that peter's "hero" complex came into play ;)

"Look at this. A man in misery," Robert said, flipping though the paper while everyone was in the library. 

"Who's in misery?" Tom asked. 

"The king, according to Robert,"  Cora said, as Tom took a seat next to her. 

"He has to deal with a labor government. Why do you think?" Robert said, as Tom rolled his eyes, but smiled. 

"He doesn't look miserable to me. He just looks like himself," Rose shrugged. 

"What's your main objective to Mr. McDonald?" Mary asked pouring a cup of tea, "that the prime minister is the con of a crofter?" 

"I couldn't care less if he was the son of Fu Manchu. What worries me is that our government is committed to the destruction of people like us and everything we stand for," Robert said. 

"I think we should wait and see what happens before we panic papa," Charlotte said, "wait, where's Edith?" 

"She had some old lady to see in the village," Rose said as Charlotte nodded , but wondered which lady. 

"What about you? Is everything settled at the school?" Cora asked Rose.

"What's this?" Peter asked. 

"They were swearing in Mr. Adam's replacement on the school board. It all went off very smoothly." Robert scoffed. 

"I thought they might have asked me." Charlotte laughed and patted her fathers knee. 

"I feel a bit guilty about the school. I ought to support it more," Tom thought as Mary and Charlotte shared a look. They both knew about his little fling with the teacher and wondered if the sudden interest in the school was about her. 

"I'm giving away the prizes this year. Come with me?" Rose offered as Tom nodded. 

"Barrow, can we clear the tea? I'm afraid Lady Edith's missed it, and Nanny will be down in a minute," Cora asked, as Barrow nodded and started clearing the cups. 

"I better run," Robert said, standing up and throwing the paper back on the couch. 

"Oh stay and see them," Cora pouted. 

"just as soon as they're able to answer back," Robert joked. 

"Sybbie can answer back," Charlotte joked.

"True. Why does she call me donk?" Robert asked. 

"It was that game you played, pinning the tail on the donkey," Tom laughed.

"Can't I be Grandpapa, or something a little more dignified?" 

"I'm afraid it's donk for the moment," Mary smiled as the door was opened and the sound of footsteps could be heard. 

"Here they are!" Charlotte said, seeing Stella in Nanny's arms. 

"Bye-bye darlings!" Robert said, giving Sybbie a hug. 

"Goodbye donk," she said, as Robert scoffed and stuck his arms out, while everyone chuckled. 

Stella was only six months old, she wasn't able to talk yet, but she sure was a cute pudgy baby and could slowly tell who was who now. She defiantly had Peters nose and lips, but had Charlotte's green eyes. 

"I think she looks like you Lottie," Edith said, smiling as Charlotte sat the baby up right. 

"I think she looks like Peter, the only thing she has is my eyes, but that cute nose is one hundred percent Peter," Charlotte grinned, booping her daughters nose before looking towards Edith who looked sad. Charlotte smiled and handed Stella to Peter before pulling Edith to the hall. 

"Is something wrong Edith? Because if something is, you can tell me," Charlotte whispered, so that no servants could hear them. 

"No, I'm fine. I'm just not used to being back," Edith shrugged not looking at Charlotte, as she nodded. Before going back in Charlotte pulled her sister into a hug. 

"I think something is wrong with Edith. She was acting weird when the kids came out and I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn't talk to me about anything," Charlotte sighed, "she said she is just adjusting to life back at Downton but I think something else is going on,"

"I noticed Tom is getting closed with that school teacher. I talked with him a little bit about her on the trip back," Peter said, laying down next to Charlotte and Stella. 

"DO you think he's going to propose?" Charlotte asked, as Peter sighed. 

"I don't know. He couldn't stop talking about her, but she goes against the family and what we believe in." 

"It's weird thinking about Tom marrying someone other than Sybil," Charlotte sighed, "they were so perfect for each other." 

"At least he'll be happy, right?" Peter asked, as charlotte sighed and nodded. "And Sybbie can have a mother." 

 "Did you hear that they want to build a memorial in the village," Charlotte asked, trying to move on from the thought of dead sister.

"Yes, it was quite the gossip in the village." Peter smiled. 

"Why?" 

"Because they offered chairman of the committee to Carson in stead of Robert," Peter said as Charlotte gasped, and covered her mouth to cover up her giggle. 

"Really! And what about Papa?"

"They asked him to be on the board, but not that chairman."

"Oh poor papa," Charlotte giggled, as Peter smiled and pressed a kiss to both Stella and Charlottes head. 

"Do you mind if we stay at the Abbey for a few days, Mama want to see Stella more and help out while I finish up some of my fashion line with Martin and Arthur?" Charlotte asked, as Peter took Stella from her arms and laid her down in the cradle. 

"Of course dear." 

"Are we doing anything special for your anniversary?" Mary asked Cora and Robert.

"What had you in mind?" Cora asked sitting next to Charlotte. "Well now that Tony's staying. I thought we could invite some people. make and evening out of it?" Mary smiled. 

"Well, you girls ask some friends. I'd like a young party for once, instead of all those old duffers," Robert joked as everyone chuckled. 

"Annd we're alright to stay her during your anniversary?" Charlotte asked her mother. 

"Of course dear, you're always welcome here. Now that I think of it, Why must Lady Anstruther choose Saturday of all days? Do you think we ought to invite her to dinner as well?" Cora responded. 

"Isn't she staying somewhere else?" Edith asked. 

"Tell me tomorrow who's coming of your pals. Keep the numbers even," Cora said as Charlotte looked to Peter who was bouncing Stella trying to get her to burp. She was so proud of him for stepping up and learning things like feeding, changing and burping. The nanny took care of Stella during the day, but when Peter and Charlotte weren't working they tried to spend as much time with her as they could. 

The next day everyone was gathered in the living room when JAmes opened the door and announced that Lord Gillingham had arrived. 

"Tony good to see you!" Robert said, getting up from his chair to give him a hand shake. 

"LOvely to see you all," Tony said smiling at Charlotte. 

"I'm afraid you've missed luncehon," Cora said, as Tony bowed. 

"I ate on the train." 

"A cup of coffee then" Mary offered smiling. 

"Coffee would be perfect," Tony said as everyone moved back to their seats. Rose and Charlotte started talking about the flower details for Robert and Cora's anniversary.  When she heard Mary and Carson talking about the chairman offer.

After tea Peter had been invited to go hunting with Tony, Tom, and Mary, leaving Charlotte alone with her mother.  

"It's a nightmare when guests are a nuisance. And I feel so guilty, but I honestly wasn't even sure if we were going to make it down the drive," Lady Anstruther said, as Cora led her into the main hall. 

"But what happened exactly?" Charlotte asked, watching the older lady move around. 

"There was a terrible noise. Rattle-rattle-bang-bang, and then the engine just seemed to lose its power."

"We'll get Tom to look at it," Robert said. 

Oh how kind, but I think my chauffer Weaver seems to have it in hand. Could I use your telephone and tell my hosts I won't be able to get to them tonight?" Anstruther asked Cora. 

"But what will you do?" Cora asked.

"Oh we passed a public house in the village. I asked Weaver to see if they had any rooms."

"You can't possibly stay in the pub?" Robert said, as Anstruther shrugged. 

"I'm tougher than I look." 

"You must stay here," Cora said, "We have people coming to dinner. SO it'll be easy!" 

"OH that sweet," Anstruther smile and gently placed her hand on Cora's.

"James, Please tell Mrs. Hughes that Lady Anstruther will be staying and if she could prepare princess Amelia?" Cora asked James, as his eyes slightly widened, but nodded. 

"Very good, your ladyship." 

Later that night at dinner, when they boys and Mary had gotten back, Peter was describing his kill to Charlotte. Less gruesome, but still impressive. 

"Ms. Sara bunting," Mr. Carson said opening the door to reveal the teacher. 

"What on earth is she doing here?" Charlotte could here her father ask. She smiled, and excused herself from Peters story to greet her. 

"Ms. Bunting, I'm surprised to see you here. Glad you could make it!" Charlotte exclaimed. 

"Thank you milady," she smiled, but paid her no mind, looking around the room for Tom. Charlotte quietly scoffed and returned to Peter. 

"Don't approach, she's got a one track mind." 

"Marriage is a lottery, as we are often told, nut I am a man who has drawn a winning ticket. I have been awarded a bumper prize. Beauty, brains, a heart, a conscience, all in one.   I give you my Cora, the best companion in the world!' Robert said holding up his drink to toast as everyone stood up and cheered to Cora before drinking. 

"I'll be right back, I'm going to check up on Stella," Charlotte excused herself before conversation could start. She new drama was going to be had with her father and Ms. Bunting around the same table, so she figured to leave before it came to a head. 

Charlottes came back into the dinning hall to complete silence, she looked to Peter who quietly shook his head. Signaling that he'll tell her later. 

After dinner, drinks, cards, and gossip in the sitting room Charlotte were one of the last people to go to bed. 

"Your father and Ms. Bunting got into a argument and the mention of Carson being nominated instead of your father got brought up as well. I assume it's a sore spot for him?" Peter asked, getting into bed as Charlotte nodded. 

"Very much so." 

"You should be glad you left while you could," Peter chuckled.  "Also I think Lady Anstruther and James have some history. She's been flirting with him the whole night, and poor James looks fairly uncomfortable."

"Do you think she's taking advantage of him?"  Charlotte asked, as Peter sighed. 

"I don't know, but I'd keep and eye on her," 

All the sudden Thomas could be heard from across the hall. 

"Fire!" 

"I'll grab Stella, you go see the fire," Charlotte said, darting out of bed putting on a robe and rushing to the nursery where Tony and Mary were. Tony had Stella, while Mary had Sybbie and George. 

"Thank God, Tony go with her. Tom, come with me, you and Peter know where the sand buckets are kept!" Robert said, as everyone nodded and, Charlotte followed Tom to see if Edith was safe. 

"Good Barrow, is she alright?" Charlotte asked, crouching next to her sister and Barrow who were in the hallway. 

"I think so milady," Barrow panted. 

"Let's get her outside!" Charlottes said, helping Barrow up and throwing Edith's arm over her shoulders. 

Charlotte looked up to see Peter had already gotten two sand buckets. 

"Tom get the hose!" Robert exclaimed , as Tom nodded and ran to the hose. "Quickly Peter!" Peter covered his nose but threw the sand. 

"Rose go down and wake Mrs. Hughes and the maids, they'll know what to do. Who knows where to find Drew's number?" 

"I do!" Cora said, running to the phone. 

"Some one go checks the rooms!" 

"I will! "Charlotte said, shifting Edith to Barrow. 

"No, let me mylady," Barrow said, but Charlotte had already turned the corner. 

She went to all the rooms openign the door and yelling fire, then came lady Anstruther room. 

"Fire!" She said, opening the door and seeing James and Anstruther in bed together. 

"There's a fire," she said, averting her eyes, "see you downstairs." 

Peter was working the hose, until Robert came back from helping Edith down the staris and took over the hose as Peter ran outside to see Charlotte there. 

They quickly ran to each other and embraced. 

"Stella?" He asked. 

"tony and Mary has her, along with the other children," Charlotte said, tears streaming down her face, as Peter nodded and embraced her again. 

Soon after Tom and Robert came out of the house, and informed everyone that the fire department had arrived and had taken over. 

Stella had thanked Tony for caring for Stella, and took her so she could see Peter. 

"Look, daddy's safe and right here," She said bouncing Stella who had just previously been crying. 

"We're all going to be alright," she said, looking at James and lady Anstruther, before handing Peter Stella and heading for her father. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 1.1K 83
REVISING! You're just Tom's little sister he never talked about. When out of the blue you get a call from him inviting you to Downton Abbey to meet h...
184K 2.8K 16
Flower is a little girl in NeverLand, her mother is unknown, and her father is Peter Pan. Flower is a beautiful little girl, Peter loves her with all...
154K 4.3K 31
a peaky blinders x downton abbey crossover "Trust me, Dowager. You will not see me again until I've made myself worthy to your granddaughter" [peaky...
6.7K 137 11
Emma and James are happily married and expecting their life to change in 1920. Emma expects her life to be blissful with the news of a baby on the wa...