(ENG) KUROKO NO BASKET ONESHO...

By _takahawk_

(Versione italiana con gli stessi oneshots disponibile nel mio profilo!) Now, let's start with two assumption... More

INTRO
TAKAO X READER - GOLDEN
KUROKO X READER - SHADOWS
MIDORIMA X READER - REMEMBER ME
MURASAKIBARA X READER - YOU RAISE ME UP
KISE X READER - WHO SAYS
MIDORIMA X READER PART 1 - CHANGE MY MIND
MIDORIMA X READER PART 2 - CHANGE MY MIND
AKASHI X TWIN SISTER READER - BROKEN HOME
AOMINE X READER - SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW
KAGAMI X READER - LEAVE YOUR LIFE PART 1
KAGAMI X READER - LEAVE YOUR LIFE PT.2
SAKURAI X READER - BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
KIYOSHI X READER - IT'S NICE TO HAVE A FRIEND
KISE X READER - I FOUND YOU
IZUKI X READER - HOLD ON
HYUGA X READER - HISTORY MAKER
AKASHI X READER - BEFORE YOU PART 1
AKASHI X READER - BEFORE YOU PART 2
MORIYAMA X READER - BE MY FAIRYTALE
AOMINE X READER - LOVE IS GONE
VARIOUS CHARACTERS - 1
KISE X READER - TRAITOR
MURASAKIBARA X READER - I SEE RED
KAGAMI X READER - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR HEART
WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS...
... AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
AOMINE X MOMOI - ONE LIFE
MIDORIMA X READER - NEXT TO ME
KUROKO X READER - AD OCCHI CHIUSI
KUROKO HEADCANONS
Untitled
SPECIAL ONESHOT: SWITCH!
SPECIAL ONESHOT - SWITCH! PART 2
IZUKI X READER - LITTLE THINGS
A BIT SPECIAL HIMURO X READER
SORRY, AGAIN
NEWS
MIDORIMA X READER - OUR HOME (PART 1)
MIDORIMA X READER - OUR HOME (PART 2)
TAKAO X READER - JUST THE WAY YOU ARE
MITOBE X READER - PHOTOGRAPH
BOY LOVE? BOY LOVE!
AKASHI X READER - ENCHANTED
News
THE CURTAIN CLOSES

KUROKO X SISTER!READER - FAMILY

179 0 0
By _takahawk_

Orphanage AU

The happy life you've always led instantly vanished when you found out that both your parents had gone away forever. You still remember your aunt's tears when she ran to your house with the awful news, and you remember yours even better. At the age of nine you had to experience the pain of such a loss, every child's nightmare. Your mother and father had gone out for a few minutes, but a quick stop at the supermarket around the corner had been enough: a hit-and-run took them away from you. Your aunt, your only close relative, couldn't look after you for long because of her low wage as a receptionist; and so here you are, in tears in front of the orphanage where you're going to spend God knows how many years of your life. You hold on to your aunt's trousers with all your strength but it's not enough to let her stay. In the blink of an eye she gives the master your few things and leaves the office while you're guided to a big room: the common bedroom, where you'll sleep together with the other children. With a constant but quiet crying to avoid being reproached, you place your belongings and try to get used to the new environment.

"Are you new here?" – a voice asks.

As you turn you see a child with light blue hair and eyes.

"Yes."

"What's your name?"

"(Surname and name). And you?"

"I'm Kuroko Tetsuya."

"Have you been here for a long time?"

"I have no memories of ever being somewhere else."

His answer gives you a sensation that you can't describe or distinguish: it's a weird mixture of piety and compassion, but also relief for not being as unlucky, and great worry: he has been here his whole life, yet he hasn't been adopted.

"I don't think it's a good idea to leave your teddy bear on your bed, the others will steal it as soon as they see it." – he says observing your movements – "You should hide it under the pillow, so that they'll think that the bump is your balled-up pyjama and they won't touch it."

"Understood. Thanks for the piece of advice."

After a few minutes of dead silence, you ask him out of curiosity the question that you had promised yourself not to ask.

"So... how come you've been here for so many years but haven't been adopted yet?"

"Because I'm like a shadow. People don't notice me, sometimes it's as if I'm not even present; therefore, when couples come here to adopt a child, the master always forgets me."

His words leave you stunned and in a second you curse your big mouth, not only for forcing Kuroko to talk about such a personal and painful topic, but also for worsening your expectations about this place.

***

The following days are a real agony, for you can't accept your parents' loss and are still hoping that they will come back to you someday, holding you in their arms and whispering that everything is okay, it was just a bad prank. The meals here are definitely not the best: nothing compared to your mom's delicious dishes. Moreover, in spite of the advice your teddy bear has become of public property in less than a week, leaving you deprived of the only thing that still tied you to your home. The only comfort you had – but that was fundamental - you got it from Kuroko: a quiet and serious boy, but also very polite and sensitive. As years went by, even though you managed to make new friends, he always had something more: he's like an older brother to you, he can always give you the best advice and understand your feelings. One day you succeeded in telling him that, in explaining him how important he is for you, and he said to see in you the younger sister that he had always wanted but never got.

"Hey, Tetsu."

"Yes?"

"If I'm ever adopted one day, I swear I'll do anything in my power to make you go with me."

Kuroko looks at you: for a moment he's surprised by your promise, but this feeling is quickly replaced by a wave of resignation. He doesn't believe that moment will actually come as he is an almost fourteen-year-old and is still there; he doesn't even know whether to hope or not, to avoid being disappointed. You know him better than anyone else and you immediately understand how he feels.

"I know, Tetsu. I know that you don't think that will happen. But it will. And if it won't, then I'll stay here with you."

"Are you crazy, (name)? Being adopted is your greatest fortune, you deserve it! You can't stay here if you get the chance to leave."

"You deserve it even more than me, I'm two years younger and I arrived here far later. I won't leave you alone, just like you never abandoned me during the worst months of my life."

Knowing how determined you are he stops responding, accepting the situation and returning the fist bump that you show him: the light of hope isn't dead yet.

***

(Timeskip – about 1 year)

"(Name and surname), collect your things." – one of the ladies working at the orphanage tells you.

Your face lights up with surprise and joy. You immediately turn towards Kuroko, winking to remind him that the promise is still valid. When you exit the room with your bag you make Kuroko accompany you and you reach a couple chatting with the master.

"You, get back to the common room. I only called for (Name) and she's old enough to talk with her new parents alone."

"Actually, master..." – you intervene with a knot tied to your stomach – "Kuroko Tetsuya and I would like to be adopted together, as brother and sister."

"What? Don't say such nonsense, this couple only asked for a daughter that's about your age, they're not interested in adopting him as well."

You hear Kuroko go away but you grab his hand to make him stay. Without losing hope, you stare at the couple to convince them to adopt the both of you.

"I assure you he's a great boy, he's kind and always willing to help: he will not cause you any annoyance."

The potential parents look in each other's eyes and give their answer: it's a no. Your heart is on the verge of breaking: you had almost done it, you were so close! Before you can articulate another thought, the light-blue-haired boy starts to speak:

"There's no problem, I understand. (Name) will be the best daughter you could ever ask for."

"No! I'm sorry, but I'm not leaving this orphanage without him."

"(Name)!" – the director reproaches you.

"I'm sorry, master. I ask you to tell me about a possible future adoption only if there's a couple that's interested in adopting two children. There's a lot of very well-mannered girls my age here, that can't wait to be welcomed in a family that loves them and cares for them. With your permission." – you say bowing towards the three and getting back with Kuroko.

You know perfectly well that Kuroko and the master's rebukes won't be spared, but you're convinced that what you've done is the right thing: you'll wait and in the end you'll get what you want.

***

(Another timeskip)

It's been a few months from the potential adoption. In this period a few of your friends have gone to live with their new parents but both you and Kuroko are still here, bearing the daily challenges thanks to your reciprocal support and becoming more like brother and sister every day. One day, at lunchtime the master and a couple enter the canteen: the object of their chat seems to be you and Kuroko and as you notice it you can't help squeezing – or rather crushing - each other's hands under the table to let go of the tension. The director walks away but not before catching a cook's attention, that walks towards you and sends you to his office. Together.

The tension is rising, you can't believe that this could be your last day as orphans. The first thing you do as you enter is glancing at the people sitting on the chairs: they're smiling and look friendly, so the first impression is great for the both of you.

"The Mobito family is looking for two children, a polite and obedient boy and girl your age." – the master starts.

"Yes." – the woman adds – "We've always wanted to have two kids but we never had them in spite of our attempts. But now we would love to give a future to the children that live in this orphanage and we would be more than happy to become your family."

"And we would be more than happy to become a part of it. Right, Tetsu?"

"Absolutely."

"It's settled then. Get ready, the Mobito family will wait for you at the entrance gate."

As you leave the office you rush at your top speed to the common room, deserted as everyone is having lunch, and there you can let out all your emotions. With a hug and lots of tears you free the joy that invades your hearts: you can have a family full of love together, as big brother and little sister. You don't share the same blood, but you will soon be lawfully related and it's sure to say that you've always been kindred souls. A new chapter in your life is starting: and what a chapter.

Song used in the title: Family - The Chainsmokers & Kygo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53K 1.5K 22
[Akashi x reader] "someday you'll cry for me like I cried for you; someday you'll miss me like I missed you; someday you'll need me like I needed you...
1.5M 37.1K 62
Watch him put his basketball talents aside as he uses his romance skills to try to score something much more important than any two- or three-pointer...
187K 4.8K 55
I wanted to create another book for Kuroko no Basket and this one is another one-shot book. Being confessed is one shocking thing but what if you go...
13.1K 238 12
On your 2nd year anniversary of dating Kuroko Tetsuya, he finally decided to introduce you to his teammates and the Generation of Miracles as his gir...