Rise Of The Owl House

By Anthony7410

The first mystic warrior of the Boiling Isles in centuries. Follow AJ and Luz the humans in mystic and magic... More

Bio
The lying Witch, a Warden and a Mystic Trainee
Witches before wizards
Origami tsunami
We were teenage abominations
The intruder
Covenant
Hooty's moving hassle
Lost in language
Once upon a swap
Something ventured, some kids framed
Escape of the palisman
Sense and insensitivity
Owl-pellet adventure shorts
Adventures in the elements
The first day
Really small problems
Understanding Willow
Enchanting grom fright
Wing it like witches and warriors
Young blood, Old souls, Endless hope
Separate tides
Escaping exspulsion
Echos of the past
Keeping up A-fear-acnes
Through the looking glass ruins
Hunting palisman and Mystic Warrior
Eda's reqium
Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door
Eclipse lake
Not everything is in black and white
Yesterday's lie
Follies at the Coven Day Parade
Christmas Special!
Elsewhere. Elsewhen. Elsewho?
Black as night, bright as white
Any sport in a storm
Reaching out
Them's the breaks, kid
Not so happy returns Vol. 1
A dream become reality Vol. 2
Tale of the Yokai Vol. 3
Insane in the Battle Nexus Vol. 4
Happy Pride Month
Merry Christmas (Thank you)

Agony of a Witch and Mystic Warrior

1.2K 25 20
By Anthony7410

Open on the Emperor's Castle. Cut to a flag bearing the sign of the Emperor's Coven. Wild Witches are being brought across the drawbridge on a paddy wagon, most hidden in shadow, the ones we do see looking resigned to their fate. Something explodes out of the castle's chimney. Lilith is watching the procession from atop the castle walls, then turns and heads inside.

Cut to Lilith approaching a stained glass window of Emperor Belos, robed witches bowing at his feet while a Hand of the Titan reaches for the sun behind them.

Lilith: I haven't forgotten what you've promised me. I will bring you my sister and the child, Emperor Belos.

Kikimora: *Behind Lilith* Then why the delay?

Lilith: *Turns around in surprise* Kikimora!

Kikimora: The Day of Unity is fast

Lilith: Rest assured, Kiki. I have everything under control. *Snaps fingers and guards approach upon command* Today, we capture Eda and AJ, once and for all.

Cut to the Owl House, where Hooty is fast asleep with a hat on.

Hooty: *Snoring* Hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot...

Lilith: *From bushes outside of the house* Good. That infernal house demon is asleep. *Beckons at the guards as they ready their weapons* Surround the house!

The guards go off in different directions.

Hooty: *Slowly slithering to the side* Sleepwalking... sleepwalking *Wakes up, straightening his neck* Sleep-hooting!

Hooty slams his face into the ground tunneling through before popping up from behind Lilith and facing her.

Hooty: Hiya, Lilith! Peek-a-hoot! *Smashes Lilith into a tree*

Lilith grunts. The guards see this and charge.

Hooty: Sorry! Eda doesn't like trespassers, but I'm always here to make new friends! Hoot! *Bonks guard on the head and wears guard armor* Oh! Look at me! I'm a person now. Wobbly, wobbly! Ooh, blackout! *Uses the quard to punch the other guard* Hoot hoot! *Throws guard armor away* Hoot hoot! Bye, friend! Ooh! I feel like dancing! *Shakes his body to hit the guards* Hoot!

Lilith grunts. She grabs her staff and stands. Hooty is bobbing in front of a tree and Lilith takes her staff, aiming it at Hooty and fires blue flames at him.

Hooty: I did it! *Bends down and dodges Lilith's spell, seeing something on the ground* Oh hey! Look, it's a bug!

The spell slices through the tree, which falls toward Lilith. She just misses it by an inch, panting and collapses to the ground.

Hooty: Aww! Just an old leaf! Well, that's good too. *Eats leaf; making loud chewing noises*

From inside the Owl House: Eda, who is wearing a yellow scarf, watches Hooty fighting the guards through her binoculars. She sets the binoculars down, smiling towards Hooty. Millie is sleeping on the couch.

Eda: Hooty! Ah, you're a thorn in my side, *Takes a cup of tea as a coven guard is slammed into the window* but you always dig your way into my heart.

Luz walks over, intrigued by what's brewing in Eda's cauldron with AJ next to her.

Luz: Ooh, magic 'sghetti. *Tries to touch it*

AJ: *Lightly smacks her hand away from the pot* No.

Eda: That 'sghetti is Witch's Wool. It repels powerful spells. *Holds up some of the wool* Every witch worth their salt has a cloak made from this stuff.

AJ: *Looks to the wool, intrigued* Whoa...

Luz: *Stares at the wool adoringly with a blush* I'm worth salt... I want cloak! *Goes to grab the cauldron*

AJ: *Holds Luz by her waist* Luz, no.

Eda: *Pulls the cauldron away* Easy, kid! With the Emperor's goons at my doorstep, I need this for protection. They have really stepped up their attacks lately.

Luz: *Stares at her intensely* I think I finally understand why the Emperor wants you so badly. *Jokingly* He's got the hots for you, doesn't he?

Eda clicks her tongue finger gunning Luz, AJ rolls his eyes smiling.

Eda: Uh, but no. Emperor Belos wants to control all wild magic through his coven system. He ordered my capture years ago because I refuse to fall in line. He wants something that involves you *Points to AJ* and that scares me.

Luz: And he won't stop until he's got you or AJ... *Droops head and hugs AJ tightly*

AJ: *Hugs her back and pats her back* Don't worry, Luz. *Pulls away and kisses her cheek* They haven't caught me or Eda yet and we're tough as nails.

Eda: Exactly! So don't sound so worried. I'm a master escape artist. The only thing that can slow me down is my curse, and that hasn't bothered me for weeks! *Feathers pop out from Eda's arms* Uh oh...

Eda transforms into the Owl Beast as Luz and AJ gasps in horror. Millie wakes up and hisses at the Owl Beast.

Luz/AJ: King!

King: Weh? *Peeks into the room* AH!

Luz: Get the elixir!

AJ: *Pulls out his tonfas and creates holographic arms* Now!

The Owl Beast raises its head, growling at them.

Cut to Eda gasping, now standing in a void. Her childhood bedroom materializes out of the gloom. Her younger self is sleeping. Eda sighs sadly. The door opens behind her, revealing a indistinct shadow. Eda looks at it.

Eda: You know, I'm getting a little tired of this game. *Approaches the shadow, trying to grab it* So, why don't you just show me your face?

In the real world, in Eda's bedroom, Eda is now holding Luz's face as Luz holds an empty bottle of elixir to Eda's mouth. AJ is there too hugging her waist tightly with his tonfas generating red holographic arms. King and Millie stand aside watching them.

Eda: *Muffled* Oh. *Lets Luz's face go and takes bottle out of mouth*

AJ: *Backs away and disperses his holographic arms* Are you ok, Eda?

Eda: Whew! Yeah, thanks for this! *Stands, knocking over about a dozen other empty bottles* And those...

Eda's scarf falls off, revealing that her gem is still half black.

Luz: Hey, your gem! It's still dark!

AJ: *Putting away his tonfas* What?!

Eda: Uh... *Pulls her scarf back on to cover her gem* No, it's not! You're nuts!

Luz: *Points a finger at Eda* The curse has been getting worse and you've been hiding it!

Eda: Ugh... you're right. It's taking more elixir to turn me back and more magic to keep the curse from rearing its feathery head.

Luz: What happens if you use your magic up? Do you... *Holds AJ tightly* do you die?

Eda: No! Jeez, you're morbid. I just kinda sorta, turn into the Owl Beast... forever. Ahhh, it's a fate much worse than death if you think about it. *Laughs sarcastically*

AJ: Eda, that's not funny!

Luz: No! No, I-I can't let that happen! We'll do something about it. We'll find a cure and then-

Eda: *Puts her hand on Luz's and AJ's shoulders* Hey, don't worry. I just have to limit my magic use a little. *Makes Luz and AJ grin* Ah! There's the Luz and AJ I know!

Luz sadly pouts with puppy eyes and AJ doing the same with a frown and teary eyed at Eda

Eda: Ugh. Go on. Do the parallel arm thing...

Luz and AJ both immediately beam and hug Eda tightly.

King: *Also hugs Eda* King demands huggies too!

Millie: *Jumps onto Eda's shoulders* Meow!

Eda: Okay! *Walks in a strained manner with Luz wrapped around her front, AJ wrapped around her back and King on her leg* It's... time... for... school!

Cut to the kitchen door, which Eda, still having Millie on her shoulders, drops Luz and AJ out of.

Eda: Have a good day!

AJ and Luz help each other up and smile to Eda.

Luz: Get rest! Drink lots of water! Stay out of the sun! Lift with your knees, not your-

Eda slams the door in their faces.

AJ: *From outside* Love you, Eda!

Eda: Ah, what good kids! So considerate. They deserve something nice. *Picks up cauldron of witch's wool* And I think I know what!

Cut to Luz and AJ, hand in habd walking to school and Luz talks to herself and AJ.

Luz: Poor Eda. Enemies everywhere, even her own body. I wish I could help her.

AJ: There's not much, we can do Luz. But I know will find a way to help her control her curse more.

A distant scream grabs Luz and AJ's attention. They peeks through bushes to see Hooty, wrapped around beaten up guards, serving them tea. One of the guards is feebly trying to escape.

Hooty: *To guards* The roughhousing was fun, but I like this part of our playdates even better!

Luz and AJ both stand and shudders, AJ pulls out one of his katanas and creates a portal, which both him and Luz jump through.

As the portal dissappears, a ringing compact mirror on a pile of dirt, out of which Lilith's arm bursts. She grabs the compact and opens it as she drags herself out with a bird nest on her head.

Kikimora: *From the screen* The Emperor demands your presence in the throne room. And there's a bird on your head.

Lilith looks up, where there is in fact now a bird in the nest.

Bird: Oooo... you're in trouble!

Lilith groans, glaribg at the bird and closes the compact mirror.

Cut to Hexside, where Principal Bump and various students are lined up for a flying ship. Luz and AJ walk up to Willow and Gus.

Gus: Luz, AJ, you ready for the field trip of a lifetime to the one, the only, Emperor's Castle!

Luz: Right. Me and AJ were actually gonna stay behind. I don't like the way they treat Eda.

AJ: And I don't know what's gonna happen if I set foot into the castle. *Rests his hand on KF*

Gus: *Shoving a book in Luz's face* But you guys are gonna miss out on all the cool stuff!

Luz: Like what?

Willow: Like ancient relics! Look, it's the Plant Coven's Green Thumb Gauntlet! It can grow whatever you imagine.

The book shows a picture of regular trees captioned "BEFORE." The camera pans to the "AFTER" section, where the tree tops now act as heads, they all have arms and abs, and one is holding an owl's nest.

Luz: Mmm...

Gus: And the Oracle Sphere! *Book shows a white sphere with a two-headed snake on it* It shows you which path will help you become your best self!

Camera pans to the Healing Hat.

Luz: *Reading* "The Healing Hat. Made from the magic of the Savage Ages. It is said to cure the deadliest diseases... and heal any curse"?

Luz and AJ look to each other, wide eyed.

Willow: Yeah! You can't miss this!

Principal Bump: All aboard students!

Willow and Gus head for the ship, dropping the book. Luz and AJ looks at it.

Luz: Mmm. *Picks up book* You've done so much for us, Eda. Now I'm gonna do something for you.

AJ: *Grabs Luz's hand* We're both gonna do something for her.

They both look at each other with determination to help their mentor.

Cut to the flying ship headed for the Emperor's Castle. Students on board are cheering.

Principal Bump: No roughhousing! Do not make me turn this carriage around! *To AJ* And AJ!

AJ looks up to Principal Bump and sees him trace a magic circle, he creates an allusion on him. AJ now has witch ears, the red stripes on his face gone, his weapons have turned invisible, even his hair slicked back and is colored blue.

Principal Bump: *Somber look* We can't be too careful around Emperor Belos' presence.

AJ: *Nods* Thank you.

Cut to Luz writing in her notebook siting next to the now disguised AJ. She has drawn the Healing Hat and written: "HEALING HAT HEIST 1. Sneak into castle! 2. Steal healing hat 3. Lift curse".

Willow: Hey, Luz, AJ!

Luz: Ah! *Hides notepad* Um, what was that, Willow?

AJ: Yeah, Willow?

Willow: I was just saying we were getting close to the castle. *She, AJ and Luz look over the side of the ship* Emperor Belos built it as a symbol of unity. Before he came to power, folks were doing magic all wrong. He taught us that the only way to respect what the Titan gave us is through joining covens.

Luz and AJ look to castle, doubtful.

Willow: It's a shame Amity couldn't make it. She would love this trip.

Cut to Amity's bedroom. She's lying in bed with her feet propped up on a pillow, her right one still in a cast with healing glyphs taped on it. She looks at a poster on her wall of Lilith posing with a sword, the words "Join the Emperor's Coven TODAY!" written under her.

Amity: Shut up.

Cut back to the ship.

Luz: So, Willow... would you say this Belos guy is like, powerful?

Willow: *Chuckles* No offense to Eda, but the Emperor is the most skilled witch that's ever lived. He can even talk to the Titan.

AJ: *Whispers* If that is even true.

The ship lands in front of the castle. Towering doors open wide.

Principal Bump: Now, the Emperor's assistant will be your tour guide. Please don't make me regret taking you here.

Kikimora stands on a platform as a bridge extends to the ship.

Class: Whoa! Look at that! *Gasps* It's massive!

The bridge retreats, bringing the students closer to Kikimora and AJ is seen a little nervous as he tries to control his breathing. Luz noticed this Pulls him close to her, AJ looks up to her smiling in appreciation.

Kikimora: Children of Hexside, Emperor Belos welcomes you to his castle. We're honored by visits from students. You'll soon be a part of the coven, some lucky few may even find their home here, in the mighty Emperor's Coven!

Class: She looked at me! Wow, some!

Kikimora: You... are the future of the Isles! My job is to teach you its past.

They enter the castle. Guards flank either side of a hallway, saluting, as others walk on overpasses. The walls are covered in tapestries, murals, and statues.

Class: Ooh. Whoa!

Class: She looked at me! Wow, some!

Kikimora: You... are the future of the Isles! My job is to teach you its past.

They enter the castle. Guards flank either side of a hallway, saluting, as others walk on overpasses. The walls are covered in tapestries, murals, and statues.

Class: Ooh. Whoa!

Kikimora: Today, the Isles are a place of peace and prosperity. But that wasn't always the case. *Gestures to a mural of witches dancing around a fire* Up until 50 years ago, witches and demons practiced wild magic during what we called the Savage Ages. *Leads the students away* Witches had access to corrupt knowledge, and that dishonored the Titan.

Luz and AJ stop at a grate giving Luz and idea.

Kikimora: That was, until our great Emperor ascended to the throne, and taught witches how to use magic properly. *Gestures to a mural of Belos holding up a beam of light, witches below celebrating his power* Our next stop is the Emperor's personal collection of relics.

Willow: Oh! Luz, AJ, you'll like this. It's where-huh?

Luz is seen struggling to open vent and AJ is keeping watch, but they both notice Willow and Gus looking at them.

Luz: Heh... Uh, love me a properly ventilated castle!

AJ: *Monotone* Let us explore more of this magnificent building.

Luz and AJ follow the rest of the group with awkward walks.

Cut to a door opening opening to room with all the magical items.

Kikimora: The Relic Room. These items are reminders of our great Emperor's overwhelming power. *Passes the Oracle Sphere* From the curious and mighty.

Gus: Oooh.

Kikimora: *Passes the Green Thumb Gauntlet* To the very handy.

Willow: Oh, I could grow such beautiful things with that.

Kikimora: *Passes by the Healing Hat* And even, the most valuable.

Luz and AJ stares at the Hat as Willow is admiring the Gauntlet.

Kikimora: Come along, children.

Willow goes to catch up. Luz and AJ both start walking towards the Healing Hat, but Gus runs up and drags them along.

Gus: Let's go, Luz!

Cut to a hallway with Kikimora leading the students through.

Kikimora: Here at the Emperor's Coven, we require members with sophistication, elegance, and grace.

A door slams open. Lilith is standing there, leaves in her disheveled hair. She spits out feathers and vanishes her staff, then enters. Luz and AJ both gasp at the sight of her and duck around a corner.

Kikimora: Ah! Make way for Miss Lilith Clawthorne, students.

Class: Oh, my gosh. The head of the coven! Wow!

Kikimora: Yes, and if I'm not mistaken, she's on here way to see the Emperor himself. Let's all wish her luck!

Class: Good luck, Miss Lilith!

Lilith: *Blushes out of embarrassment, inhales and turns to the students* Thank you, students. Good luck with puberty.

Kikimora: This way, children.

Most of the class follows Kikimora down the hall as Lilith enters a door. Luz looks after Lilith.

Luz: Hmm.

AJ: *Whipering* Come on, Luz. This is our chance.

He goes back the way they came but turns to see Luz going after Lilith.

AJ: *Whispering* Luz! What are you doing?!

Luz: *Whispers* Maybe we can sneak peak on what Emperor Belos is like.

AJ moves his arms sporadically before grunting and reluctantly follows after Luz.

Cut to Lilith walking through the halls, Luz tailing her out of sight. The closer to the Emperor's room they get, the more pipes are visible snaking around the walls. Luz is nearly caught, but AJ ducks her behind a corner before Lilith turns around. When she continues on, Luz and AJ peek around the corner. Lilith stops at a massive door to clean herself up before entering. Luz and AJ runs up and does their best and watch through the keyhole together.

Inside is a massive throne room. A beating green heart, far larger than would belong in any current living creature, is hooked up to pipes above the golden throne, which is flanked with flaming braziers. Various guards are standing around the room, one with a mask resembling an owl standing directly behind the throne. Belos himself is sitting on the throne, his head in his hand in anguish. Lilith approaches the throne and kneels.

Lilith: I am at your service, Emperor Belos.

Emperor Belos reathes heavily. A guard brings a darkened palisman on a tray.

Emperor Belos: Just a moment, Lilith.

Emperor Belos takes the palisman. He sinks his finger guards into the palisman's neck, dragging a line and breaking its head off. Glowing green goop falls out of the palisman, which Emperor Belos pours into the eye holes of his mask. His eyes, unseen before, flash a glowing green.

Emperor Belos: Ah, that's better.

Luz gasps and AJ gags at the sight before pulling away from the door, both covering their mouth. Luz whimpers and AJ grabs her wrist, both run off to find the healing hat.

Emperor Belos: How's the hunt for the Owl Lady and the Mystic Child? I heard you attempted a raid this morning.

Lilith: Yes, but we were-

Emperor Belos: Unsuccessful? That was obvious enough. It's been a little over a month since you promised to bring me the Owl Lady and the Mystic Child. Well, where are they?

Lilith: If I just had more time, I-

Emperor Belos: I'm getting bored of your excuses, Lilith. Don't worry, I'll give you the time you need. Bring the Owl Lady and Mystic Child to me by twilight. The Owl Lady will join the Emperor's Coven and in return, I'll heal her little curse. For the Mystic Child, I will help him control his mystic powers and prepare him to face The Shredder. But, if you fail...

He digs his nails into his throne, causing the gianf heart above the throne to beat faster.

Emperor Belos: you will be stripped of your rank and banished from my coven. You do know what happens to covenless witches, don't you?

Lilith looks over at the same mural the students saw in the hall. Screams overlay the scene; the witches depicted aren't celebrating his power, they're begging for mercy. Lilith stands.

Lilith: I-I understand. I will not fail.

Lilith turns and takes her leave.

Cut to the Owl House, where Eda is knitting with the witch's wool and a folded shirt is set beside her with the hamato clan symbol imprinted on the chest area. King and Millie are napping together.

Eda: *Holds up cloak and picks the shirt up* Yeah! Something tells me Luz and AJ are gonna like having a cape and this shirt.

King: *Wakes up* A shirt and cape? I thought you were making cake!

Eda: You thought I was knitting a cake?

King: I, uh... anyway! If there's no cake, then I have to get to work! *Runs off* Would you look at us two, being all generous to those kids.

A crashing is heard from the kitchen.

King: You know what, when Luz and AJ first got here, I thought we were gonna eat them.

A louder crash knocks a picture off the wall.

King: But now I only think of that, like, sometimes.

Eda: Yeah, they've changed the feel of this house.

Eda picks up the fallen picture: one of Luz shoveling purple and green tentacles in her mouth, a banner behind her reading "FINISH OR DIE!".

Eda: Well, Luz always had a good heart, but was impatient and always bit off more than she could chew. But despite all that, with AJ by her side I think they're finally growing up.

Cut to the Emperor's Castle. Luz and AJ, who's disguise has now disappeared, they peek out of a curtain to look through a window, watching the class leave.

Luz: Please don't notice we're gone, please don't notice we're- boarding the bus?

Sure enough, Luz and AJ in his disguise are both on the bridge. They turn around and stick their out her tongues at the real Luz and AJ.

Luz: Huh?

AJ: What?

Willow taps AJ and Luz's shoulders.

Luz/AJ: Wah!

Luz and AJ turn around to see Willow and Gus, Gus is concentrating with his eyes closed, spinning four spell circles.

Luz: Oh! Guys. We, uh....

Willow: *Pulls out Luz's notepad* You two were planning on taking the Healing Hat, weren't you?

Luz: *Sighs; takes her notepad and stashes it away* You got us.

AJ: But you don't understand. Eda has this curse and it's zapping away her magic, and-

Willow: Guys, no matter what, you can't steal this hat.

Gus: *Steps in front of Willow* But, you can borrow it!

AJ: Wait what?

Willow: Hey! I wanted to say that! We learned about Eda's curse from your notes. We're totally gonna help you.

Luz: *Almost crying but blinks them down* Thanks, guys. I know exactly what we gotta do. It's time for a heist!

AJ: *Grins, flashing his big tooth* And we're gonna do it, *Punches his left palm* Mad Dogs, style.

Montage: Willow, Luz, AJ and Gus sneak through the halls when they see a guard coming down the stairs. They duck behind a small bush, which Willow grows into the shape of a unicorn. The guard stops, nudges its horn up right, and continues on. The four run off;

Another guard is standing in a hallway. The four notice them and come out of a door stacked together awkwardly under one uniform. Luz, at the front, waves, high-fives the guard, and fingerguns as they retreat. The guard looks to his hand very confused;

Luz looks at the vent from earlier. She draws out a fire glyph and melts the vent;

They reach yet another hallway, where Gus illusions up a double of Kikimora to send a guard off. Once the guard leaves, the illusion Kikimora does the worm. Gus and AJ both laugh to this but Luz and Willow's look confused.

Finally, the four enter the Relic Room.

AJ: We did it!

Luz: Healing Hat. Mmm! You're Eda's last hope. *Grabs hat, which glows* I-I can feel it! I can feel the magic flowing!

Gus: Me too! *Holding Oracle Sphere* Finally, I'm about to become my best self!

Gus holds the Sphere up, and a purple-tinted double of him appears.

Gus Copy: You're always your best self.

Gus tears up and starts crying as Gus copy pats his head. Camera pans to Willow wearing the Green Thumb Gauntlet. She grows a large wooden arm, which flexes and then sinks back into the Gauntlet.

Willow: Whoa! I just wanted to try it out. *Returns Gauntlet; chuckles*

Luz: Now we can cure Eda and get this hat back before anyone knows it's gone. *Laughs*

The scenery around them distorts and pulses.

Emperor Belos: I will know.

The whole room turns normal. Everyone is looking at the ceiling. Luz, AJ and Willow back up nervously.

Luz: We need to go. Now.

Barricades drop in front of the doors, locking them in. Luz and Gus gasp. Doors to the relic room get locked, barricading Luz, AJ, Willow, and Gus inside.

AJ: I got this. *Pulls out his katanas and creates a portal*

Before they all could go through the portal, but it starts to shake and grow distorted with a red light surrounding it. They all back away from it, looking on confused by what's happening before the Portal collapses and dissappears.

Luz/Willow/Gus: What?

AJ eyes widen in shock and tries to create a portal again but every time he does, it results the same as the first.

AJ: No. *He looks to his katanas but sees nothing wrong; he shakes them* What is wrong then?

Willow: I got this! Stand back!

Willow grabs the Green Thumb Gauntlet and grows a massive buff tree. It extends its arms at one of the barricades.

Cut to a hallway, where Lilith is pacing in front of the stained glass mural of Belos.

Lilith: Lilith, think! You've given your entire life to this coven, you can't lose it. What's Eda's weakness? She has no attachment, no friends. Think!

Lilith punches the wall at the same time a loud crash happens. She stares at her hand beleiving for a moment she caused it.

Cut to the Relic Room, where the barricade now has a hole in it. Luz coughs with AJ patting her back. Willow's tree shrinks to nothing.

Luz: Come on, let's go! *Gasps*

Luz stops at Lilith's pointed staff. Using her palisman, Lilith pushes down the hood of Luz's cowl.

Lilith: Why, if it isn't Eda's human pet and the Mystic Child. How perfect.

Luz backs up as Lilith advances on them.

Lilith: Aren't I lucky to find you both here.

AJ: *Stands in front of her and raises his swords to her* Not so lucky when I cut you down!

He runs up to attack her but suddenly a red aura covers his body and stops him in place.

AJ: Wha-what the what?!

Lilith: *Grins* Emperor Belos, would like to see you.

AJ stares in horror before he is lifted into the air, screaming as he flies through the door and takes a turn.

Luz/Willow/Gus: AJ!!

Luz: Bring AJ back! If you hurt him, Eda will come after you so fast-

Lilith: *Teleports in front of Luz* That's the plan.

Willow: Run, Luz! Go get Eda!

Willow raises the Green Thumb Gauntlet and grows a wooden arm to grab Lilith's staff giving Luz the chance to run.

Lilith uses her staff to fling Willow toward the door.

Gus: Wrong move, Lilith. It's two against one, and you don't stand a chance against-

Lilith poofs Gus's copy, and throws him across the room with Willow.

Lilith: Now, that doesn't belong to you. *Magically grabs Healing Hat with a flaming arm*

Luz: No!

Luz tries to free the Hat from Lilith's magic. Lilith closes her fist, and the magic rips the hat in half. It disappears.

Luz: No! I needed that to heal your sister!

Lilith: Huh. *Grabs Luz* These decrepit relics are useless. If you wanna see your friends again, deliver this to Edalyn.

Lilith throws her staff to Willow and Gus. The staff flies them away.

Willow: Luz!

Luz looks nervously at Lilith. Lilith smirks.

Cut to the Owl House, where Eda folds a completed witch's wool cloak and shirt.

Hooty: *Opens door* I spy with my little eye two somethings coming this way!

Eda: Luz and AJ!

King: Wait! *Pushes a cake into the living room with Millie walking next to him* Wait for me! You're not the only one who knows dark magic! *Holds up cake mix box* Now stop gawking and load me in!

Eda stands and helps him in.

King: Ow! Ow! Gentle!

The shadow of Willow and Gus on Lilith's staff passes the window. They knock on the front door, which Eda opens. Her face falls when she sees it's not Luz or AJ.

Willow: Eda, we have some bad news...

Behind them, Lilith's staff is floating and glowing blue. Eda glares at it.

Cut to AJ still flying through the halls before coming to a stop inside of Emperor Belos' throne room. The Emperor himself is there still sitting in his throne with his staff in hand glowing red, alone. Emperor Belos Stands up and walks towards the still floating AJ.

Emperor Belos: *8 feet away from him* Ah, we finally meet Mystic Child.

He releases AJ from his artificial magic. He drops to ground but ammediatly gets up, takes a few more feet away from him and tries to create a portal, but each one continues to collapse.

Emperor Belos: Please, save your energy. You're going to need it once you face The Shredder.

AJ stops swinging, then turns to him with a hateful glare and takes a fighting stance.

AJ: *Points his right katana at Belos* You will take me to my freinds ammediatly!

Emperor Belos: *Chuckles* It is so fun to see children try and act like adults.

AJ: *Growls* Fine. I'll get though you myself!

Emperor Belos: A little rough house is what you would like? Then I will accept your proposal.

AJ spins his katanas in his hands as his bo staff plays the music before rushing towards Emperor Belos.

Emperor Belos summons 8 red arms from the ground, they all try to strike AJ but makes zig zag monuvers around them and continues to run. He then successfully creates a portal and falls through it. He didn't create it to escape since it was impossible, so instead a second portal appears behind Emperor Belos who tosses his staff aside, making it float in mid air.

Emperor Belos turns in time to see AJ ready to strike but takes a few steps back, he grows a rock like armor over his arms and uses them to guard from AJ's attack. He pushes the boy back as they clash weapons to armor for a few seconds, before KF comes to life and wraps around Emperor Belos' ankle.

KF with an angered look trips Emperor Belos back but recovers by floating mid air and lands on his feet. AJ goes to strike Emperor Belos, but a peice of the ground flings him up into the air, his leg is grabbed by red arm created by Emperor Belos and gets thrown back.

AJ skids to the ground few times before stabbing the ground with a katana, kartwheeling himself up and lands on his feet, quickly recovering from being thrown.

Emperor Belos hums, mildly impressed by his quick recovery. He then summons seven green tentacles to attack AJ, AJ pulls his katana out runs backwards dodging and slicing the incoming tentacles into peices.

AJ runs to the side dodging more tentacles, he throws one katana blade at Emperor Belos but he catches the blade with one of the tentacles. AJ soon warps to the thrown katana, grasping it's hilt, tonfa in hand and his other katana put away.

AJ creates a holographic left arm and successfully punches Emperor Belos back. Emperor Belos holds his chest for a moment as AJ pulls his second katana back from the tentacle and puts it away with his other katana before pulling out his second tonfa and generates a second holographic which soon spreads all over his body crating a 6 foot tall red holographic AJ.

AJ rushes over to the recovered Emperor Belos and attacks him. But Emperor Belos blocks every attack with his staff now in hand, he creates a stone spike to stab AJ with but he sees this coming and hits the spike with his elbow pushing him up into the air, dodging it just in time.

He spins, landing to the ground. AJ then spins towards Emperor Belos with KF still set ablaze, he drags his foot on it's chain swinging KF straight towards Emperor Belos' head, but Emperor Belos ducks backwards in time.

A tentacle wrapped around AJ's wait and flings him away from Emperor Belos. Throwing him to the ground again as his holographic form gets hit away every skid. AJ sits up panting, puts away his tonfas and pulls out his dual katanas and rushes towards Emperor Belos.

AJ jumps up into the air about to strike down onto Emperor Belos with his katanas.

AJ: *Frustration* Hot soup!!

Stop the music.

He strikes down onto Emperor Belos but stopped in place as his katanas glow red.

He eyes grew wide, seeing Emperor Belos using his artificial staff to stop him in place.

Emperor Belos: *Stands up straight and looks to him with his eyes glowing blue* I think we're done playing.

AJ then hears the sound of something shattering. He looks down to his katanas.

The blades were cracking.

Emperor Belos: And I believe you're done playing with sharp objects.

AJ's katanas gradually continues to crack as ancient writing and blue lighting appear over the blades trying to resist being destroyed.

But it was futile.

1:34

The blue explosion throws AJ and KF back towards the ground with a hard thud. AJ slowly sits up and looks down to the bladless hilts in his hands in horror.

Emperor Belos: Now, *Holds his hand out* give me the rest.

AJ looks up to Emperor Belos in complete anger. KF sees this and grows worried. AJ drops his broken katanas before pulling out his Bo staff, no longer playing music and creates a giant drill at the end of it.

He let's out a war cry as he fires the drill at Emperor Belos who simply pushes it back with his artificial staff for a few seconds before flicking it to the side with the tip of his staff.

1:30 to 1:40

As Emperor Belos does this, AJ rushes towards him with his staff with another drill built at the end of it and goes to stab Emperor Belos with it.

Emperor Belos just points his artifical staff to the end of his drill staff destroying the Mystic energy on AJ's staff. Red energy from Emperor Belos' artificial staff spreads around AJ's Bo staff, pulling it out of his hands and levitates it close to him.

Emperor Belos: Such a complex, yet so simple weapon. Too complicated for a child to handle.

He snaps and breaks the staff into four different peices and purple lighting spew out from the peices uncontrollably before dying out.

AJ starts to hyperventilate taking a few steps, seeing three of his mystic weapons getting destroyed and broken apart like they were nothing.

KF moves it's head and chains in front of AJ protectively before launching itself towards Emperor Belos.

AJ: KF, DON'T!!

He tries to stop KF by grabbing it's chain but burns his hands burn the more he tries to hold on, forcing him to let go.

KF wraps it's chain around Emperor Belos, burning his whole body. Emperor Belos screams in pain, falling to his knees. He taps the butt of his staff to ground creating a red force field around his body. The force field then grows into a ball, straining KF's chain.

AJ: KF!! *Pulls out it's handle and tries to force KF into retreating* STOP! JUST LET HIM GO!! *Starts tearing up* PLEASE!!

KF continues to resist AJ's command and looks over to him with a soft smile.

0:43

KF: *Stratchy and firey voice* AJ...

AJ's eyes widen and stops after hearing KF speak for the first time, he found KF.

AJ: *Tears start steaming down his face* KF...?

KF: *Starts crying firey tears* KF... loves... AJ...

The force field around Emperor Belos continues to grow until.

0:01 to 0:07

Music 1:17

The force field snaps KF's chain into multiple peices of chains, throwing them all over the room as AJ gets flown backwards and lands on his stomach with KF's handle still in hand.

AJ looks up as KF's weighted ball land infront of him with the flames slowly extinguishing before finally dying out.

AJ has tears streaming down his face in silence. He sits up on his knees before picking up KF's head and hold it close to his chest.

1:44

Emperor Belos stands straight walks over to AJ, who continues to cry his soul out clutching KF's head close to his chest.

Emperor Belos: Yes, continue to cry over a broken tool.

AJ says nothing to him, still crying over KF's death. He doesn't notice his tonfas floating out of their holsters, one tonfa lands into Emperor Belos hand.

1:50

His hand glows red before snapping the wooden weapon in half as red lightning crawl around his arm before dispersing. He drops the peices to the ground in front of AJ, who then looks up to him.

Emperor Belos: I will be saving one of your priceless weapons, *Stashes away the singular tonfa in the pocket of his dress* can't have The Shredder roaming free yet.

AJ just glares at him as a red bubble forms around him, trapping him inside and raised up to Emperor Belos face to face.

Emperor Belos: Like I promised to a allie of mine, I will let him kill out the Hamato clan himself.

AJ eyes widen as more tears stream down his face.

Emperor Belos: But for now.

He walks out of his throne room with AJ floating his the red ball following behind him.

Emperor Belos: I would be very pleased to see Lilith finishing her objective.

AJ just hangs his head in defeat before going back to holding KF's head to his head and continues sobbing to himself as they leave the room.

Cut to the bridge to the Emperor's Castle.

Lilith: Come on, Edalyn. You would be late when I need you most.

Lilith looks to the top of the castle, where Emperor Belos is watching with AJ still in the red orb in the fetal position, still clutching onto KF. Yellow light flashes, and Eda appears. Lilith smirks. Eda throws Lilith's staff, which leaves a crater in the castle wall.

Lilith: Sister! I see that you got my invitation to a Witch's Duel!

Bolts of electricity fly at Lilith, though none hit her. Eda flies at her, taunting. Lilith blocks one hit with a summoned shield. She summons her staff and fires a bolt at Eda.

Eda: Where are they? *Flies at Lilith*

Eda stops.

Lilith: The Humans are safe.

Lilith taps her staff to the ground. A blue bubble flies out of the castle, with Luz inside of it.

Luz: Eda!

Lilith: *Walks in front of Luz* You can have her back, provided you do as I say.

Eda: Where's AJ?!

Lilith: He is with Emperor Belos, safe and sound. Renounce your wild ways and join the Emperor's Coven. He can help heal your curse!

Eda: Don't believe everything that bonehead tells you. He doesn't want to heal me, he wants to control me!

Lilith: Then I will take you in by force. *Spins staff*

Eda: You've always looked down on me because I'm wild, but fortunately, that just made me work harder than you.

Eda slams her staff on the ground, summoning a towering owl made of light behind her. She rushes at Lilith, launching her in the air. Inside the castle, guards turn to watch. In the air, Eda appears behind Lilith. Lilith disappears as Eda swings her staff. Lilith reappears behind Eda right as Eda disappears. Eda appears behind Lilith and kicks her, then zaps away to chase her. From the bubble, Luz watches Eda and Lilith zip across the sky, nothing but gold and blue lights weaving and crashing. AJ is still in his own depressed world, still holding onto KF tightly. Lilith shoots a beam of light at Luz's bubble, sending it flying. Eda lands on the bridge. Luz yells.

Eda: Luz!

Eda redirects the boards of the bridge to keep Luz from falling off. Lilith drops down, and Eda rolls out of the way to prevent being crushed. Eda summons a Hooty Hydra to wrap Lilith up. Eda spins her staff and sends a giant blast at Lilith. Lilith puts Luz between her and the bolt, which Eda redirects, missing them both.

Eda: *Panting* Stop hiding behind Luz, you coward! *Groans*

Lilith: *Panting* It's sad to see you slowing down sister. Tell me, is it the curse?

Eda growls, the sound half Owl Beast. The darkness in her gem grows.

Luz: Eda! Your gem! JBangs on the bubble*

Eda: *Ignores Luz* Maybe it is the curse. But then how pathetic are you, that you can't best me at my worst?!

Eda spins her staff and summons a dozen rings of magic, all of which send bolts at Lilith. Eda's Hooty Hydra drags Luz to safety as Lilith summons a shield to protect herself. Luz looks around and notices a pointed rock. She gasps.

Lilith: Maybe you are stronger than me, but that made me work smarter! I became smart, crafty!

Eda: A lapdog for a tyrant!

Luz hits her bubble against the rock until the bubble shatters.

Lilith: You always thought you were better than me, that I could never beat you in anything.

Eda: I am better than you!

Lilith: Then why were you so easy to curse?! *Gasps*

Lilith covers her mouth. Eda looks betrayed. A flashback to Eda's bedroom door opening. Light from the hallway lights up her sleeping figure. The mysterious figure steps forward, shadows disappearing. It was Lilith all along. Back to the present. Luz gasps.

Lilith: A-And I have the power to remove it, if you would just let me explain.

Eda looks away. She shakes in anger. With a yell of fury, she rushes forward and destroys Lilith's shield, flinging Lilith in the wall hard enough to leave a crater.

Luz: Eda, stop! Your magic!

The black in Eda's gem is writhing furiously. Eda doesn't seem to care. Lilith smirks. Luz is surrounded by glowing blue and starts floating. Luz gasps.

Lilith: Human. That orb was for your protection.

Lilith moves Luz over the edge of the bridge. The magic drops. So does Luz. She screams out loudly, loud enough to bring AJ back to the world around him.

Eda: Luz!

AJ looks down the castle and sees Luz falling into the pit of spikes.

AJ: *He sits and tries to punch his way through the bubble* LUZ!!

Eda draws a shaky spell circle with her staff. Luz stops plummeting a foot above a score of giant spikes. Eda strains to keep Luz up.

Luz: Eda, stop! You'll run out of magic!

Eda: It's my power, kid. And before you showed up, I spent my whole life wasting it.

Lilith grins evilly. She summons a giant hand to push Luz closer to the spikes.

Luz: Eda, no, no, no!

Eda's gem is almost entirely black. The whites of her eyes begin to be taken over.

Eda: Alright, kid. Listen to me. I'm going away, and I don't know if I can bounce back this time. Watch over King. Remember to feed Hooty.

Luz: Please, no!

Eda: And Luz, thank you and AJ for being in my life.

With a scream, Eda unleashes a powerful burst of magic. Owlbert flies off the staff. Lilith is pushed back, her spell broken. Eda's magic illuminates the Isles. Luz, several feet higher than before, falls. She stops inches away from a spike, and Owlbert picks her up by the hood and flies her back to the bridge, where Eda is laying.

Luz: Eda.

Eda rolls over and screams, her voice overlapping with the Owl Beast's. She slams a hand to the bridge, and the Owl Beast stands. It advances on Luz, who backs away.

AJ: *Continues punching the orb* LUZ! EDA!

The Owl Beast tries to pounce, and Luz cowers, but the impact never comes, Lilith binding the Owl Beast and dragging it halfway across the bridge with her staff.

Lilith: Come along, sister. Now we can let the healing begin.

Lilith looks up to Belos. He turns away walking with AJ still punching the orb he is trapped in, still trying to escape.

AJ: NO!

Luz: You monster!

Luz jumps on Lilith's back and tries to drag her down. Lilith grabs her by the cowl and throws her.

Lilith: Leave, human! *Grabs Owlbert* Edalyn is finally with her family. Her real family.

Luz: I want AJ back! *Rushes Lilith again* Where is he?!

Lilith sends her back with a wave of her staff once again.

Lilith: His responsibility and new home is here. We will teach him right.

Lilith taps her staff on the bridge. Gears turn, pulling the bridge toward the castle.

Lilith: Go back to your world. This one is ours.

Luz stands and tries to chase after them, but can't. The doors to the castle close.

Cut to Luz slowly walking back to the Owl House. The sun is rising; she's been walking all night.

Hooty: *Yawns* Oh, Luz, there you are!

Luz: Hi, Hooty.

Hooty: Hey, where's A-

Luz opens the door to the dark living room interrupting Hooty. She looks at the side, her eyes widening. She gasps seeing that there are balloons and streamers hung up. Party hats are on the couches, and confetti is on the floor. Millie is there too curled up against her new cape which is wrapped in a bow on the table with AJ's new shirt also wrapped in a bow, Millie and the peices of clothing rest next to King's cake, the candles of which have long burned out. King bursts out of the cake making Millie jolt her head up in surprise.

King: *Gasps* The cake is me! *Looks around* Hey, um, where's AJ and Eda?

Millie jumps down and stretches before sniffing around for AJ after a few seconds of no luck, she looks up to Luz.

Millie: Meow?

Luz gasps, and her eyes fill with tears as she falls to the floor. Hooty looks at her in concern. Him, Millie and King approach Luz to comfort her.

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 24 29
Luz's foster sister Ember gets transported to The Boiling Isles with her. But what if she had a different mentor? Someone who was staying with Eda as...
41.2K 1K 29
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7meHsiwZ1i2oQ35vqm0UPg?si=-Y5bC8CNR5KLaqsc8oaFPQ&utm_source=copy-link (^Playlist of the songs used in this book) (...
31.1K 368 46
Join twin sisters Luz and Lena as they leave with a witch named Eda to Boiling Isles and learn how to become witches themselves.
9K 225 10
16 years before the beginning of owl house emperor Belos finds a baby girl on his doorstep and immediately takes her in as his own. As she grows she...