The Missing Wife ✓

By MaFIABooks

Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in... More

Chapter One | What did Cinderella do when she got to the ball?
Chapter Two | Where is Peter Pan's favourite place to eat out?
Chapter Three | Why did Chip and Dale take Daisy Duck to the hospital?
Chapter Four | Why was Anger so mad at Sadness?
Chapter Five | What happened after Snow White sat in the bath, feeling happy?
Chapter Six | Why does Bambi's friend, Thumper, not make noise during sex?
Chapter Seven | Why did Snow White get kicked out of Disneyland?
Chapter Eight | Who is Cogsworth's best friend?
Chapter Nine | Minnie told Mickey she wanted a divorce.
Chapter Ten | Why was Tigger in the bathroom for so long?
Chapter Eleven | What do Disney World and Viagra have in common?
Chapter Twelve | What did Cinderella say to her prince?
Chapter Fourteen | And, unfortunately, what did Genie say to Aladdin?
Chapter Fifteen | Why did the seven dwarves go to jail?
Chapter Sixteen | Why can't Miss Piggy count to one hundred?
Chapter Seventeen | What did Genie say to Aladdin?
Chapter Eighteen | Wanna know something about Pinocchio?
Chapter Nineteen | Why was Anger so furious?
Chapter Twenty |Why doesn't Eeyore have any friends?
Chapter Twenty One | How did Mickey feel when he first saw Minnie?
Chapter Twenty Two | What did Nala say to Simba?
Chapter Twenty Three | What happened after Snow White sat in the bath?
Chapter Twenty Four | Why do Chip N Dale sit on their butts all day?
Chapter Twenty Five | Why did Belle get kicked out of Disney World?
Chapter Twenty Six | What happened first time Mickey and Minnie?
Chapter Twenty Seven | What did Flynn do for Rapunzel?
Chapter Twenty Eight | Why did the prince not remember Cinderella?
Chapter Twenty Nine | Did she really have to kiss a frog?
Epilogue

Chapter Thirteen | What's red and has seven dents in it?

12.8K 553 143
By MaFIABooks

Vote | Comment | Follow

"Bella, please open the door!" I sniffle as I blow my nose into the tissue roll, I snatched from the bathroom; I wasn't really feeling well. It was the late-night ice creams Lauren forced me to eat last night.

It has been an entire week that I haven't seen Nicholas, and I wasn't going to lie when I say that I sort of missed his boringness.

As much as I didn't want to, I really liked our friendship. If he even thinks we are friends. I didn't know if I was getting a bit too comfortable, but he was just a weird person. His vibe and his steadiness was everything I used to wish in a guy and now, here he was in front of me.

The banging on my door continued, I hug my favourite teddy bear. The one my mother got me when I was five years old. She told me to always protect it no matter what, it may be a bit old, but I loved it. It still smelt like flowers.

I pull the blankets over my head. "Alright, I am going to go to the florist, please text me okay!" I wiped my nose and looked out the window. The sun shining in, I sighed as I looked down at the bear.

I hear Lauren talking to someone in small whispers outside my door.

She really is flirting with the mail man again.

Why am I even surprised? Then a soft knock was heard on my door. That was Laurens knock. This girl would break open my door. I slowly lift my head, "who is it?" I squeezed out.

"Nicholas." My heart made tiny jumps; I slowly pulled the cover off my body. The minute I stood up; I see my reflection. Red nose, puffy eyes and dirty hair. I groaned and fell right back onto the bed.

"Go away!" I spoke, sneezing once again.

"Shame, I brought Choco-" I jumped of the bed and unlocked my door, my eyes linked with his hazel ones. I covered my face with the blanket wrapped around my body. Nicholas opens my door fully and looks down at me. "You really are sick? Okay, stay away from me. Stay inside and do not leave the room- "

"I am on period. I get a flu along with it and something else, but I am not contagious! So, buzz of!" I was about to slam the door before his feet step through, he rolls his eyes as he hands me a shopping bag. I raise an eyebrow and take it from his hands gently.

Tissue boxes, medicine and a lot of sweets along with some chocolate. In the other bag was a brand hot water bottle for my stomach and some pads. "You got these for me? How did you know?"

"My sectary did but Lauren told me why you were ignoring my calls and text messages. Are you hungry? Have you eaten?" He asked, I shook my head 'no' and he nods his head slipping off his blazer as he throws it onto the couch.

I leave my room and step outside for the first time in three days.

Nicholas puts on the kettle, before grabbing a chopping board from the wall and back onto the counter, "Knives?" He asked, I pointed to the draw underneath the microwave and he takes it out. Then he walks to the fridge as I sit onto the island seats, watching him.

Was Nicholas really making food? After washing his hands, he takes out a few vegetables and washes them in the sink. Then begins slicing some cucumber, the kettle popped of, and I stood up before he stops me. "It is fine," I nod my head and sit back down.

He pours the water into the new hot water bottle and hands it over to me after closing it tightly.

"You don't have to Nicholas; you should get back to work."

"I finished everything I needed to do," he mutters, not looking me in the eyes as he said so.

I knew I was probably blushing absolute crimson as he continues cooking. It was silent but I didn't mind, Nicholas is perfect. Money, job, looks and he knows how to cook. I showed Nicholas where everything was and he didn't even complain about the size of the kitchen, he just worked.

"So where did you learn how to cook?" I asked.

"I used to work in a restaurant, downtown when I was fifteen, it is actually where I met Sophia." I stayed silent wanting him to continue and he didn't. After one hour, Nicholas poured the soup and the spaghetti into separate bowls as he handed me the bowl of soup and spaghetti.

He puts for himself and sits beside me.

"How did you start your company?" I slowly sipped my soup; my eyes widen as the flavours bloom into my mouth. "Oh my god, this is amazing! Nicholas, wow." I whispered as I took a few more sips, Nicholas' lips slowly lift before dropping. Why was he so against smiling?

Just one look into his eyes and I knew he has been through so much.

Once we finished our food, in utter silence, I picked up his dishes and began cleaning them as I handed it to Nicholas who was leaning onto the counter wiping them with a fresh towel. "I started the company when I was seventeen, it did not really go anywhere but I kept my word to myself and continued. You see I was not always living a lavish life. I used to be homeless when I was ten."

Was he really talking to me about his personal life? This is basically improvements in our friendship. I nod my head understandingly, scared if I said anything he would stop.

"Nobody knew who I was, every man that passed me-used to spit on me, kick me or rob me-I should not be talking about this." He whispered putting away the last plate, I stopped him by resting my hand onto his arms.

"Nicholas, I would never judge you. I just want to hear you out, talk to me..." I whispered back; Nicholas' eyes were gazing onto my own.

The sea pebbles were a real match.

But behind his eyes was a past.

A past that was not told to anyone. His eyes travel down to where my hands stayed on his biceps. I apologised pulling away, knowing how he likes his personal space.

But then again, I was not going to force him on talking about something he doesn't want to. So, I smiled and opened the fridge.

"Just know, I'm always here if you want to talk. Other than that, how about a movie and chocolate cake?" Nicholas nods his head; he was about to say something he was interrupted by a ringing phone.

He walks away back to the couch in front of the kitchen as I take out the cake and cut us a few pieces. I look up seeing him shuffle through the pockets in his blazer as he slips out his phone.

He sighs sliding it before pressing it against his ears. "Hernandez." He says firmly.

I pace towards him and put his cake slice onto the table, I shuffle onto the couch comfortably and grab the blanket from underneath the coffee table as I wrap myself in it.

"Yes. Is it important?"

The moment I find a film for us to watch, Nicholas removes the phone and settles it onto the phone from his ears as he looks down.

"I found us a movie and I got you a piece of the- "

"I have to leave." He interrupted, picking up his blazer as he slips it on.

Making sure his buttons were done.

I wouldn't lie when I say that sort of hit me, but why am I surprised? He always puts his business in front of me. I mean, I'm not even his real wife. So why was I upset?

"Oh, okay. Do you want some cake on the way?"

"No, get well soon."

"Are you- " He slams the door closed behind him.

I sigh, grabbing the cake as I use my hands to eat it. I press play onto the movie and sigh once more. How am I already missing him? He was here for more than a few hours, I guess I was happy that we made some sort of improvement.

I grab the shopping bag, the door slams open and I see Lauren walking inside. She notices the cake and screams in happiness as she dives in for the slice that was meant to be for Nicholas. She moans as she bites into it whilst looking at me. "I needed this."

"Texting Nicholas, are we? I mean, you are out of the room so I will not complain." I roll my eyes standing up as I throw a pillow at her.

"So, did you kiss? Make out?"

"No, ewe."

"Why are you lying to yourself, that is a tall, tanned and handsome branch. I would climb him any time and any minute." This woman had no filter.

"Yeah, well just because he is handsome, doesn't mean I have to fuck him."

"Anyways, Mark asked me out on a second date today at work- "I let her talk about how he picked out her favourite flowers and brought them for her. I settle the plate onto the table only to notice Nicholas' phone.

"Great, he left his phone." I whisper.

"So, go give it to him."

"Tomorrow, right now I'm not feeling well. Goodnight Lauren." I take the shopping bag and his phone as I walk inside my bedroom.

Shutting the door behind me, I throw the shopping bag onto the floor and plunged onto my bed before covering my cold body with some more blankets.

I look out the windows, hearing the city noises from my open window.

Why did I miss him so much?

He has a missing wife out there; I am the fake one.

I mean nothing but a contract deal to him.

Sophia is a lucky woman.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 424 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...
851K 63.2K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
1.5M 50.7K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
356K 33K 45
❛ The Dark love of Mafia's ❜ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Secrets which are hidden. Some secrets are burned and some are buried beneath their feet, some a...