The Light Of His Life

Autorstwa katiehelmsway

What if Damon Salvatore was engaged when he was a human? Before he was turned into a vampire by Katherine Pie... Więcej

Author's Note
ACT I
CAST
HISTORY REPEATING
THE TURNING POINT
BLOODLINES
UNPLEASANTVILLE
CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED
FOOL ME ONCE
FLASHBACK: SIF COMES TO MYSTIC FALLS
A FEW GOOD MEN
THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
UNDER CONTROL
MISS MYSTIC FALLS
BLOODLINES
ISOBEL
THE FOUNDER'S DAY
SEASON 2 CAST
BRAND NEW WORLD

THE RETURN

658 19 8
Autorstwa katiehelmsway

damon and sif walked over to sheriff forbes at the hospital desk. she looked heartbroken with tears in her eyes. damon reached her and said, "liz, we came as soon as you called. is she okay?" sheriff forbes sniffled, "she's in surgery, it's...they're doing everything they can. i need your help, damon." damon agreed and liz continued, "mayor lockwood is dead. they thought he was a vampire. they put him in the basement."

sif furrowed her eyebrows, "mayor lockwood was a vampire?" liz shook her head, "no, no. they made a mistake, they said he dropped like the others when john's device went off but he...he couldn't have been a vampire, i've known the man my whole life and now carol lockwood is gonna want answers and all i can think of right now is caroline and-," she cut her speech as she began to cry. damon hugged liz, comforting her as she wept for her daughter.

sif looked around for the other kids in the car with caroline. if she wasn't wrong, there were three more of them. she hoped they were okay. she overheard elena speak with bonnie and walked over to them. she was joined by damon shortly after he took care of his friend.

elena asked bonnie, "is there something that you can do? like a spell or something?" bonnie seemed conflicted. damon spoke, "she doesn't know how," he turned to the witch, "do you?" bonnie shook her head, "no, i don't." damon nodded, "no, you don't because it took emily years to learn a spell like that." bonnie challenged him, "well, i can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn."

sif glared at bonnie for threatening her fiancé and took a step forward but damon put his hand around her waist, securing her and proposed, "i can give caroline some blood." elena immediately denied and sif argued, "just enough to heal her. she will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better." elena didn't cave in, "it's too risky, i can't agree to that." bonnie spoke, "do it."

she noticed elena's appalled expression and added, "this is caroline. we can't let her die. let's do it." damon narrowed his eyes, "if i do this, you and me, call a truce?" bonnie firmly refused, "no. but you'll do it anyway because sif is friends with caroline. if you don't do, she will." bonnie left. sif had to admit bonnie was right. if damon wouldn't, sif would give caroline her blood to heal her. she was fond of the girl and had become protective over her in their short friendship.

elena looked at them, "one of the tomb vampires got into the house tonight and almost killed john." damon's eyes widened, "what? when? after the carnival?" elena nodded. damon argued, "not possible. they all died, i saw them burn." elena shrugged and sif realised, "unless it wasn't the tomb vampires. it was katherine. john said she was in town, the device was missing and we all know john is a raging asshole so she probably tried to kill him for just being alive."

damon sighed and jenna approached elena and dragged her away. sif shook her head and dragged damon towards caroline's room. she was out of surgery and was resting. her health was still unstable. sif would do anything to make sure that changed.

as they stepped inside the room, sif got a good look at caroline. as she drank the sight in front of her, she lost her breath. caroline was sleeping on the bed with multiple wires attached to her. mysha was sitting on a chair next to the bed. she had her head down and was muttering something.

sif cleared her throat and mysha was startled and got up. she asked, panicked, "what are you guys doing here?" damon narrowed his eyes at her panicked state but didn't mention anything. "we just wanted to see how caroline was," sif said softly, "you look tired, mysha, why don't you go wash your face and have a glass of water. we'll stay here with caroline."

mysha indeed did not look good. her eyes were bloodshot red and tear tracks covered her cheeks. it looked like her energy was draining with each second. she stared at them, trying to decide whether she wanted to leave or not. finally, she nodded her head and walked towards the door.

sif and damon waited at the door for her to leave. but as she was about to leave, mysha grabbed sif's arm. sif looked at her with confusion and mysha spoke, "save her. i know you can, so please save her." sif stared at her with furrowed brows. damon was about to question her but sif spoke before him, "i will. i promise."

mysha nodded and left the room. damon raised his eyebrows and spread his arms, "how does she know?" he asked. sif shrugged, "i don't know. but we'll figure it out later. right now let's caroline." damon shook his head and nodded. they stared at caroline for a moment before they both spoke, "do you want to do it?" they both shared a weird look. sif shook her head and spoke, "you are a vampire through my blood. so if you give her the blood or i do, she's still from the same bloodline."

damon thought it over and then shrugged, "fine. i'll do it." he bit his wrist and fed caroline his blood. sif stared at the heart monitor, sighing in relief when her vitals started to go back to normal. the couple walked out of the room and reassured mysha, who was sitting outside the room. the three were so occupied, that they didn't notice someone staring at them with a smirk on her face.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

as sif and damon were leaving the hospital, they met up with elena, who was going back to her house. elena looked at them and spoke, "hey. how's caroline?" "she's okay. healing fast," sif responded. elena nodded and said, "good. can we talk?" damon spoke, "not here. let's go to your house. stefan's there right?" elena nodded, stating that he was there with jeremy.

they drove to elena's house and found stefan on the floor. they look at him confused as he stood up, hastily. elena asked him what happened and damon answered, "katherine happened." the three vampires moved to the kitchen while elena went upstairs to check on her brother. damon asked his brother, "did she say what she wanted?" stefan shook his head and damon scoffed, "woman certainly knows how to make an entrance."

stefan furrowed his brows and looked down, worried about katherine and what she might do. elena came downstairs and stefan walked towards her. she revealed, "i told Jeremy, i can't lie to him anymore." stefan asked her if she was alright and elena sighed, "no, i'm not alright. i thought that with all the tomb vampires gone things would get better." "i know. we all did," stefan said in an attempt to soothe her.

it didn't seem to work as elena said, "katherine was in this house, that means she's been invited in. what are we gonna do?" damon shrugged and suggested that they move. elena narrowed her eyes at him, "very helpful, thank you." she sat down as damon said, "katherine wants you dead. there's zero you can do about it. you would be dead but you're not. So clearly she has other plans."

stefan agreed, saying, "right and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process." sif chuckled, "i plan to do the exact opposite. provoke her till she makes a move and inevitably meets her demise." she smiled, thinking of all the ways she could mess with katherine. damon pointed at her and nodded while stefan immediately shook his head, "no no no. we cannot mess with katherine. we do not know her motive and it will not bring us any good in provoking her. we don't know what she can do."

sif pouted at stefan while elena shook her head, "john must know something. there has to be a reason why katherine tried to kill him." "or maybe she tried to kill him because he's a useless piece of shit."

stefan and elena looked at her annoyed and damon spoke, "she's katherine. she loves to play games and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's been up to before she wants you to know."

stefan, being stefan, shook his head, "no, actually elena's right, john could know something through isobel. your mother, she was in touch with katherine so maybe we can go to the hospital and get him to talk."

damon rolled his eyes, "i've got a better idea." "What's that?", elena asked, open to all ideas. damon smirked and said, "i'm just gonna ignore the bitch." sif chuckled at the gobsmacked look on the human's face. "is that smart?", she asked. damon shrugged, uncaring, "if katherine thinks she's been ignored it will lure her out, she'll make a move."

sif was completely on board with damon's plan. if stefan wasn't going to let her play with katherine, she certainly wasn't going to take extraordinary measures to avoid coming across her unprepared. with katherine, sif never wanted any preparation. she liked katherine's surprise attacks, they made her life more interesting. stefan took a step towards the vampire couple, "yeah? and then what?" sif turned to damon, intrigued about his answer. and it did not disappoint. "stake her, rip her head off, something poetic. we'll see." with that damon takes sif's hand and leaves.

as they get inside damon's car, sif looks at damon with endearment shining in her eyes. "i love you," she says, catching his attention. damon looked at her with confusion, yet replied, "i love you too?" "and i love that you love to toy with katherine just as much as i do." understanding made way in him and he chuckled, "yeah, well, she keeps life interesting."

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

the next day- at mayor lockwood's funeral- the pair engaged in a rather annoying conversation with carol lockwood and sheriff forbes. "i want to know exactly who's responsible for killing my husband," mrs. lockwood fumed. liz tried to continue the investigation while attempting to comfort her and replied, "i'm looking into it but you have to be straight with me. is there any reason Richard was affected by the vampire device?"

offended, mrs lockwood raged, "what are you implying? that he was one of them?" sif discreetly rolled her eyes while damon interrupted in a soft voice, "no, no. no one's implying that." but carol seemed to hear none of it as she ignored him and addressed the sheriff, "your deputy screwed up, plain and simple which makes you responsible." damon sighed, "Carol..." he trailed off as sheriff forbes defended, "your husband is the one who helped John Gilbert execute his idiot plan in the first place." damon tried to calm the growing argument but neither seemed keen to back down. he sent a helpless look to his fiancee but she just shrugged, unashamedly enjoying his grief. carol argued, "someone got my husband killed." damon- tired of the fight- came in between the two ladies, "we're all on edge here," he tried to reason, "you've suffered a great loss. the whole town has. we have to stick together, okay? trust each other, we'll get through this."

carol and liz finally calmed down, not that they stopped glaring at each other. damon and sif glanced at each other awkwardly at the obvious tension. "so, we're gonna go," said sif, attempting to leave before another fight breaks out. damon offered sif his arm and as they were about to leave, a man came and led carol away.

pausing in their steps, the couple watched the guy converse with carol. damon turns to liz and asked, "who's the guy with carol?" liz let out a breath and answered, "it's the mayor's younger brother, mason lockwood." sif raised a curious brow, "is he on the council? like john gilbert was when he rolled in?" "he's nothing like john," the sheriff denies, "for one, he's not an ass. he's not a believer either. he wants nothing to do with the council. he's too preoccupied finding the perfect wave."

the couple gazed thoughtfully at the in-laws and eventually liz took her leave. "How much you wanna bet he knows about the supernatural?", damon asked his fiancee, still staring at mason. sif narrowed her eyes at the lockwoods and replied, "well, considering how he himself is a werewolf, i would guess he's clued in."

damon finally faced her, "he's a werewolf?" sif nodded,"yep. i can sense it. he also smells like a wet mutt." damon chuckles and leads her outside towards the entrance. "come on, let's go outside. it's getting crowded here."

they both lean against the railing on the porch and bonnie approaches them. "did you know the gilbert device affected Tyler lockwood?", she asked, forgoing obligatory greetings. damon replied wryly, "well, i know it took the mayor down." bonnie immediately asked, "don't you want to know why?" sif witted, "actually, bonnie, we already know why a non-vampire was tortured by the vampire torture device that you let john gilbert use against us."

"why?"asked bonnie, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. sif chuckled, "and pray tell, why we should tell you that. after all you did let Katherine and john gilbert get the upper hand." damon clicked his tongue and chimed in, "speaking of your guilt, how's caroline?" bonnie scowled at the pair but replied, "she's much better."

sif let out a sigh of relief and damon smirked, "you're welcome." with a smug face, bonnie corrected, "no, you're welcome." damon thought out loud, confused, "why am I welcome?" bonnie arrogantly replied, "you both live to see another day." sif narrowed her eyes in undisguised anger and damon snarked, "no good deal goes unpunished with you, does it?"

bonnie huffed, "doesn't undo the bad. i know what you two are Damon, you might have elena and the sheriff and everybody else fooled but not me. one wrong move and i'm gonna take you both out." sif curled her lip in anger and said, "and how is a day-old infant witch going to "take the both of out"?

bonnie raised her chin with superiority in her posture, "i'm a bennett witch. and i've been practicing with Emily's spell book." sif laughed, "darling you may be a bennett witch but you're still a child. and as for the spellbound, emily herself couldn't stop me. what will anything she wrote help you in anyway? anyway?" taking immense pleasure in the furious face on bonnie's face, she continued, "my mother's most favored companion was a bennett witch. and we were particularly close. i know more secrets about your family, then you could ever know. you can't harm me. don't dare to dream you could. you would be setting yourself up for disappointment."

bonnie narrowed her eyes in concentration, trying to give sif a brain aneurysm. sif could feel a headache come, but she schooled her expression and stared down at bonnie. on no condition would she let the witch get the satisfaction of hurting her. seeing how unaffected sif appeared, bonnie let out a frustrated breath and stopped her infliction of pain. "apparently you don't have enough practice," sif taunted, "run along now. bye-bye."

bonnie gave one hateful glare to the couple and went back inside, her hands clenched. damon turned to sif, "that was by far the hottest thing i have ever seen. you are awesome." sif smiled and thanked him, leaning in for a kiss.

the two settle into a lovely chat when damon's phone rings. he picks up the phone to hear elena freaking out over katherine and how she hurt stefan. damon hastily calmed her down and reassured her that they were coming. they reached the couple in the gardens and stefan guided them towards the direction where katherine ran off.

the two sped off in the direction in search of the doppelganger. their search was unfruitful when it became apparent that they would not find katherine anywhere near the lockwood mansion. the two made their way back. reaching elena and stefan, damon spoke, "we tried to track her but she's gone," looking at stefan, he jokingly turns his eyes while covering sif's, "oooh, cover up, fabio," stefan blushed and pulled his shirt down, "you got a crazy ex on the loose," turning to elena, he continues, "you better watch out, looks like katherine is trying to steal your guy."

stefan scoffs angrily, "that's not what's happening." sif winced and said, 'isn't it though? i mean she always kind of obsessed with you." elena, already done with the conversation, got up from her seat on the bench, and spoke, "i'm gonna go check on jenna and jeremy. let me know when you guys are done." elena left and sif turned to the two brothers, "so, how are we going to retaliate?" "we aren't," stefan, still hell bent on not provoking katherine, shook his head.

"oh, don't be boring! we have to do something." damon hummed in agreement while stefan got up and dusted himself off, "no we don't." with that he left, leaving damon and sif pouting alone. the two stood in silence, till sif spoke, "20 bucks that the next thing katherine does is stop by at the boarding house." damon scoffed, "nah, that's too obvious."

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

it wasn't too obvious. later at night, damon and sif walked into the living room of the boarding house and found katherine sitting on the couch. damon groaned at the sight while sif cackled, "i win! as always.". reaching into his pocket, damon pulled out 20 bucks and begrudgingly handed them over. katherine looked at them with narrowed eyes, "you bet on me?" sif turned to her, "oh yes. see i was sure you would make a move here next and well, here you are. dare i say, you are getting quite predictable these days."

katherine ignored the look sif her and replied, "well, sometimes i have to make obvious moves to hide my true intentions." damon rolled his eyes at the two and spoke up, "what are you doing here, katherine?" katherine smirked slightly and replied, "i wanted to say goodbye." sif made a sad face, "leaving so soon?" "i know where i'm not wanted," katherine replied, pouting. damon mocked, "don't pout. it makes you look like a monkey." katherine scoffed, "Ouch."

damon puts his hand around sif's shoulders and the couple started to walk out of the room. katherine sped in front of them, "what, no goodbye kiss?" damon made a disgusted face, "why don't i kill you instead? seriously what are you doing here?" katherine shrugged carelessly, "nostalgia, curiosity, et cetera." damon shakes his head, "i'm better at the enigmatic one-liners, katherine. what are you up to?" "trust me damon, when I'm up to something, you'll know it," katherine promised, "come on. kiss me. or kill me. which will it be, damon? we both know that you're only capable of one."

she took one step closer to him and sif saw red. picking up a knife kept on a shelf, she sped towards katherine and held her by the throat. she stabbed the knife in her enemy's stomach and lowly said, "that was for flirting with my fiance." she twisted the knife, basking in the pleasure of katherine pained gasps. holding her head with both hands, she broke her neck, "and that was the beginning of what you'll pay for getting me locked in a tomb for 145 years."

damon stared at her for a minute before he sighed loudly, "couldn't you break her neck outside the house? now i'm going to have to get rid of her because we both know you won't." sif grinned savagely at him, "if you dispose of her body right now, there'll be a present waiting for you in our room."

damon had never disposed of a body faster.

[A/N: so here the chapter. the lowercase is intended because i don't know i like it. tell me what you think. see you next sunday!]

words: 3340

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Katie

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

349K 8.1K 60
Samantha returns back to Mystic Falls to help her sister after her parents death. Unexpected, mysterious things started happening in the tiny town. S...
2.3M 86.4K 84
◌¨̮͚ *. stefan salvatore comes to mystic falls with one thing in mind; elena gilbert. instead, he finds himself enamored with athena hunt, and realiz...
27.6K 607 33
Damelia Salvatore , twin of Damon , elder sister of Stefan, visits Mystic Falls after hearing her brothers are still alive . (TVD)Season 2 to Season...
132K 2.4K 26
What if Elena had a twin sister? That twin sister also happens to be a vampire. She was turned my Damon Salvatore when he went to go visit her in Eng...