𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
The Power Of Madonna
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

The Substitute

2.6K 90 41
By mayasbitxh

Julian and Bailey stood at the front of the living room as they faced Whitney, Pierce, and Burt, who were sitting on the couch.

"Okay, so, um, I'm just gonna go ahead and rip the band-aid off," Bailey said, taking a deep breath. She pulled the ultrasound picture out of her pocket and turned it around to face the adults.

Burt's eyes widened as Whitney and Pierce smiled.

"Bailey got visited by a stork!" Pierce exclaimed. "How amazing! Our first grandbaby!"

"Babies," Julian corrected. "Twin girls."

"Have you kids thought this through?" Burt asked, looking between the two teenagers. "These are real people with human needs. It's a lot of responsibility taking care of a kid, especially two."

"We've talked it over, and we're working on figuring out how to make this co-parenting thing work," Julian explained.

"And you're gonna be there for her?" Burt asked sternly. "You're not gonna be like some of those other guys who get a 15 year old pregnant and then disappear from her life completely?"

"Uncle Burt, I promise I'm not going to do that." The older boy turned to Bailey and took her hands. "I care about you, and I want to be here for you. We can get through this together. I promise, I'm not going anywhere."

"I know," Bailey said, smiling softly at Julian before turning back to her parents and Burt. "I believe Julian when he says he's going to be here for me. I know that this is a huge mistake, but we really need your support to get through this."

"Bailey, honey, you know we support you know matter what," said Whitney. "We're just grateful you won't be giving birth to a bunch of frying pans."

"What?" Julian asked with a small laugh.

"Long story," Bailey chuckled. "But pretty much when I came out as pansexual, they thought I wanted to get married to a pan."

"Which we fully support by the way," said Pierce. "Just as long as you don't marry the toaster. I need that for drying my socks."

Julian looked over at his uncle, who didn't look mad but also didn't look happy. He knew that he had made a huge mistake, but he really didn't want his male role model to be disappointed in him.

"Uncle Burt, I'm so sorry," Julian apologized. "I know that this is probably the worst thing I've ever done, and believe me I feel terrible about it."

"You have nothing to apologize for, Julian," Burt sighed. "I'm definitely not thrilled about this, but after hearing all the drama your cousins told me about last year, I know the best thing to do is to push away my beliefs of right and wrong and be here for you. Both of you."

"Thank you," Julian said as Bailey took his hand, lacing their fingers together. He let out a silent sigh of relief. Everything was out in the open and there was nothing to hide anymore. Now they just had to survive these next few months and do everything in their power to be ready for the fight of their lives when the babies were born.

****

"Alright guys, um... time to start thinking about song selections," Mr. Schue said as he wrote on the board. He turned around and stared blankly at the kids.

"What sort of drugs is he on now?" Julian whispered to Bailey, who giggled.

"Is he high?" Adalynn asked in a whisper to Quinn. "Who gave Mr. Shoelaces permission to teach here?"

"Figgins, most likely," Quinn whispered. "Which explains a lot when you think about it."

"Mr. Schuester, you look a little green," Mercedes spoke up.

"Um, I think I'm gonna go see the nurse. But first, I feel like I should get you guys a sitter," Mr. Schue mumbled, looking confusedly at his students. "Uh, Barbra." He pointed to Rachel. "You're in charge."

"Perfect," Rachel beamed, jumping up from her seat and heading to the front of the room as Mr. Schue left. She grabbed a marker and wrote 'me!' on the bored in bold letters before turning around to face the New Directions. "Class, in Mr. Schuester's absence, I'd like to go around and ask everyone what solos they'd like to hear me perform at sectionals."

"Alright, you know what? Let me at her!" Santana yelled as she stood up to charge at the diva, only to be held back by several Glee Clubbers. "¡Tú eres loca!"

"No one likes you!" Adalynn yelled over all the commotion as Rachel started screaming, frightened by the angry Latina who continued to shout at her in Spanish.

****

A couple days later, Adalynn walked into the choir room and saw Puck rubbing something on the floor. Before she could ask what it was, she slipped and fell.

"Oh my god, Adalynn!" Quinn gasped, jumping up from her seat and running over to the younger girl, helping her up off of the dirty floor. "Are you okay?"

"I think I broke my hip," Adalynn winced as her leg numbed with pain. She turned to Puck, aggression in her eyes. "What the fuck, Puckerman?!"

"Sorry," Puck shrugged. "That wasn't meant for you. Your brother got us a substitute, so I'm buttering the floor."

"But sectionals is like two weeks from now," said Finn.

"Hey, Adalynn," Artie called, getting the brunette's attention. "We're all gonna swap names, yo!"

"Perfect," Adalynn smirked as she went to sit down next to Tina. "I know exactly which moron I'm going to pretend to be."

"Did I hear something about a substitute?" Rachel asked as she barged into the choir room, slipping on the buttered floor.

Adalynn snorted and put a hand to her mouth as she exchanged a look with a giggling Tina.

"Yes!" Puck exclaimed. "It works!"

"Well, at least I didn't fall and break my talent," Rachel said as she stood up and brushed herself off. "I'm fine."

As Adalynn snickered some more with Tina, a tall blonde walked into the room and slid on the buttered floor.

"What in heterosexual hell?" Adalynn asked, furrowing her brows.

"Hola, clase," the woman said. "Nothing says 'bienvenidos' quite like a buttered floor."

Kurt walked in and slipped.

"Let's start with some introductions. My name is Holly Holliday. What's yours?" She pointed to Puck. "Go."

"I'm Finn Hudson," Puck said in a weird voice with a dopey face. "I'm the quarterback of the football team."

"I'm Rachel Berry, his loud, loud, girlfriend," Santana said, sending a smirk in Rachel's direction.

"I'm Brittany S. Pierce," said Bailey. "And I'm more talented than these wannabes."

"I'm Julian Hummel, and I'm a fucking idiot," Adalynn smirked as Tina giggled beside her.

"Not cool, Ada," Julian shook his head.

"I'm Mike Chang," Brittany stated proudly as Mike nodded in approval.

"Those aren't your names," said Holly. "You know why I know that?"

"You're psychic?" the older Pierce asked.

"I know this because I recently watched a video of you guys performing at regionals, where you came in last. Maybe it's because those songs were about 30 years old-"

"Those songs are classics," Finn interrupted.

"Those songs are amazing," said Holly. "But they sounded like somebody else's favorite songs, not yours."

"She speaks the truth," Bailey mumbled as she ate a saltine, something Quinn said helps with the sick feeling that comes with pregnancy.

"I'm not your average, run of the mill substitute teacher," Holly continued. "I want you guys to do things that you want to do. I want you to have fun in our fabulous but fleeting time together. What do you say we have class outside today?"

"It's raining outside," Mercedes pointed out as thunder sounded in the distance.

"Then let's take a field trip to Taco Bell!" Holly announced as everyone cheered. "Should we toke up some medical-grade marijuana? I wish."

"I like her," Tina chuckled as looked over at Adalynn, who nodded in agreement.

"No, we can't just goof off all day," Rachel protested. "We have to write a set list for sectionals."

"Shut up, Rachel," Julian mumbled.

"You're right," said Holly. "What songs would you like to do?"

Adalynn's mouth opened then closed. All the songs that she had memorized completely vanished from her mind. No one knew how to answer that question, not even Rachel.

"Oh. Don't get asked that question much, do we?"

"Ms. Holliday's right," said Kurt. "Mr. Schuester's set list seems like he hasn't listened to the radio since the '80s."

"He never listens to what I have to say," Puck pouted. "I really want to do that new Cee Lo song, Forget You, but he's too busy trying to make us sing every Journey song ever written."

"Cee Lo!" Holly smiled. "That's what I'm talking about."

"What would you know about Cee Lo?" Santana asked. "Cause you're like 40."

"Top 40, sweet cheeks," Holly smirked. "Hit it!"

****

Kurt was at his locker putting his things away when a hand roughly grabbed his shoulder and turned him around.

"Question for you," Karofsky said through gritted teeth. "You tell anyone else what happened? How you kissed me?"

"You kissed me, Karofsky," Kurt corrected. "And I understand how hard this is for you to deal with, so no, I haven't told anyone. I mean, I did tell Adalynn, but she's not going to tell anyone either."

"Good," the bully spat. "You keep it that way. Cause if you do... I'm gonna kill you and your sister."

Kurt took a shaky breath as the football player walked away. The last thing he wanted was for Karofsky to torment Adalynn the way he did him.

"Kurtie, are you okay?" Adalynn asked as she walked up to her brother, who forced a fake smile.

"Don't worry about me, little me," said Kurt. "I'm fine. Come on, we're gonna be late for Glee Club. Mr. Schue's back."

"Oh, yay," the younger girl mumbled sarcastically as they headed to the choir room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 643 11
(COMPLETED) Santana is starting college with her best friend Quinn. Quinn quickly makes friends and they are all going out together, Santana isn't ve...
7.3K 391 12
in which the quiet writer with the soft voice cares about the former cheerio who has never had anyone really care before. 2023 Best Quinn Fic Honorab...
85.1K 2K 23
Y/N a simple girl who is new at McKinley High school signed up for the glee club and then she meets Quinn Fabray, the most popular girl in McKinley...