The Missing Wife ✓

De MaFIABooks

Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in... Mais

Chapter One | What did Cinderella do when she got to the ball?
Chapter Three | Why did Chip and Dale take Daisy Duck to the hospital?
Chapter Four | Why was Anger so mad at Sadness?
Chapter Five | What happened after Snow White sat in the bath, feeling happy?
Chapter Six | Why does Bambi's friend, Thumper, not make noise during sex?
Chapter Seven | Why did Snow White get kicked out of Disneyland?
Chapter Eight | Who is Cogsworth's best friend?
Chapter Nine | Minnie told Mickey she wanted a divorce.
Chapter Ten | Why was Tigger in the bathroom for so long?
Chapter Eleven | What do Disney World and Viagra have in common?
Chapter Twelve | What did Cinderella say to her prince?
Chapter Thirteen | What's red and has seven dents in it?
Chapter Fourteen | And, unfortunately, what did Genie say to Aladdin?
Chapter Fifteen | Why did the seven dwarves go to jail?
Chapter Sixteen | Why can't Miss Piggy count to one hundred?
Chapter Seventeen | What did Genie say to Aladdin?
Chapter Eighteen | Wanna know something about Pinocchio?
Chapter Nineteen | Why was Anger so furious?
Chapter Twenty |Why doesn't Eeyore have any friends?
Chapter Twenty One | How did Mickey feel when he first saw Minnie?
Chapter Twenty Two | What did Nala say to Simba?
Chapter Twenty Three | What happened after Snow White sat in the bath?
Chapter Twenty Four | Why do Chip N Dale sit on their butts all day?
Chapter Twenty Five | Why did Belle get kicked out of Disney World?
Chapter Twenty Six | What happened first time Mickey and Minnie?
Chapter Twenty Seven | What did Flynn do for Rapunzel?
Chapter Twenty Eight | Why did the prince not remember Cinderella?
Chapter Twenty Nine | Did she really have to kiss a frog?
Epilogue

Chapter Two | Where is Peter Pan's favourite place to eat out?

18.7K 697 127
De MaFIABooks

Vote | Comment | Follow

I shuffle through the letters in my hands throwing the advert ones into the bin beside me, just as I decide to stop-I see a letter from my property owner. I know what this is about. I rip the envelope and slide the paper out, unfolding it to see the numbers floating around.

I close my eyes and then open it, but it still does not help, I sat there for exactly thirty minutes contemplating what I'm going to do about it. If I knew taking over after Lara would cause this much stress on payment, I would not have taken it. However, she did not tell me about these payments needing to be paid.

If I add them all together it would count up to forty thousand worth.

Including rent and the landlord's bills.

How am I meant to pay all of this and pay for the college debt? I had electricity, water supplies, suppliers and a lot more things to pay. This was unbelievable, my hands brush through my hair once again feeling stress eating me up inside.

I throw the letters back onto the table wanting nothing to do with it but knowing that I had to pay all of this before the property owner sees me.

I stand up, pushing the chair behind my legs before making my way to the front.

The florist is slow today, Mondays were always the quietest days; it was only on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays that the shop was busy with men who needed to buy flowers for their fiancées or girlfriends.

Mostly because they needed to apologise.

My gaze shifts to the orchids in front of the window, where the sun falls just right, allowing the petals to form. I've always imagined myself as a flower that blooms when it's happy but dies when it's sad.

The phone starts ringing, and I blink repeatedly, wishing it would stop, but knowing that I have no choice except to take it up. I pick up the black phone, holding it against my ears. "Arabella's florist, how can I help you?"

"Hello, can I please order four hundred blue roses to Hernandez Incorporate please." My eyes widen at the huge order, in all my years on working-this is most likely the biggest order I have received.

I shuffle around the cashier to find myself a paper and pen, nodding my had as if the women were in front of me.

"Of course, of course you can. Four hundred roses to Hernandez Incorporate. May I ask when?"

"This Friday, if possible,"

"Yes, that is totally possible would you like for me to count up the bill now and you could pay over the phone?" I asked, shoving the pen between my ear as I grab the calculator from the table.

"Would it be okay if I pay on Friday when the flowers are brought to me, so I know if it is in good condition or not."

"I'm afraid not, normally the customer would pay before receiving the flowers-"

"I know this is a sudden call, but it would really mean a lot to me if I could pay on Friday. My name is Sapphire Brown." I sigh.

Not knowing what to do, normally I would always make the customer pay before receiving the flowers, but this was an amazing order. I would receive over six hundred dollars from this sudden order.

"I'm feeling kind today so we can negotiate the bill on Friday when I bring you the flowers. Do you have a phone number that I can call when I arrive?" I asked.

"No, just go to the reception and say sapphire brown to Nicholas Hernandez." I write down the names and put the pen down onto the paper when I finish.

"Okay perfect the order is set, and the flowers will be there by Friday. Do you want there to be a specific time?"

"If you could before two p.m."

"Yep, that is all done. Thank you for calling Arabella's florist."

I push the phone back into place, ending the phone call to my best customer yet.

If you could see the shock being plastered on my face, I felt weird.

I immediately grab the phone again to call my suppliers for a batch of blue roses by Thursday, and once the payment has been settled, I decide that I deserve a well break.

I grab the store keys, along with my phone before exiting the florist.

I make sure to lock the doors twice, since it is a faulty lock, and I cannot afford a break in. Being introduced to the busy streets of New York, the horns coming from taxis and yelling, the protests for women's rights going on behind me.

I reach the near coffee shop and push the door open to see an entire queue. It is known to be the best coffee in town, and of course my good old work neighbour owns it. I notice a newspaper on an empty table, I lift it up and check what is going on whilst waiting.

Inhaling the fresh aroma of coffee beans and the perfect aroma of brownies. Brownies have always been a favourite of mine since I was a child, I used to love making them.

The recollections that rushed through my head made me laugh

THE SCANDAL ARRIVING!

Just as I was about to read it, I am suddenly nudged back. I look up to see three men wearing black suits pushing in the line, my eyebrows raise as I throw the newspaper back onto the table.

"There is a queue, if you have not already noticed?" I question them, only one of them turned to face me and with that widened eyes follow.

He elbows his friend, but he ignored him as he fixed his suit and turn back to the cashier before ordering his drink. "I will have a black short coffee with extra espresso."

"Maxwell-look..." The man in the middle turns to face me, clearly having some sort of issue. Maxwell-if that is his name just stared at me.

"Have you not been taught to be patient?" I whispered to myself, Maxwell turns back and pays the women. He then brushes passed me. "One coffee please," just as I am about to take out some cash-the worker stops me.

"Oh, the man that just left paid for your drink and a free brownie."

He pushed in and bought me a drink and a brownie? I decide to be the bigger person and walk out of the coffee shop with the brownies and coffee in hand, I look left and then right to see him opening his car door. "Excuse me!" His head shifts and faces me, once I make it to him, I push a strand of my hair behind my ears. "Thank you, for the brownie."

I take out a five dollar note and hand it to him, his eyebrows raise as he let out a soft chuckle before sliding into the car, "I do not like getting things for free, if you could please just take back the money."

"Enjoy your brownie, Mrs." He says, slamming his door closed and driving off.

There was nothing more I could do but accept it.

My phone begins ringing in my back pocket, I looked down at my two hands already full with food I put the brownie in my mouth and shrug my bag onto my arm as I take my phone out from my back pocket only to see my mother's name plastered on that ID caller.

Oh great!

She's going to get angry at me for ignoring her for the past two weeks, I walk into the park.

I'm not sure what to do; I'm not sure if I should call her or just ignore her. The comfort of the black bench, warmed by the constant sun, is a place to take in the beauty of the park, the beauty of a happy community at play. I take a seat and finish my drink.

My phone continues to ring, and I put it against my ears, giving up.

"Hey mum."

"You are in so much trouble young lady! When I see you, I will physically kill you!"

"I don't think you should say those sorts of things on the phone mum,"

"I don't care! I have been so worried for you; I almost booked a flight to New York to check in on you."

"Mum, I'm fine."

"Where have you been? How are you? Is everything all right?" No. I'm a failure.

"Mum, I'll call you when I get home."

I have been on the phone for exactly fifteen minutes with her, and once she is satisfied enough to let me go. I end the call. I push my phone into my jacket and notice the petals of flowers from the tree above me has fallen, I turn my head slightly feeling something staring at the back of my head.

When I notice two males in bodysuits staring at me.

My heart is beating, were they not with that man who brought me a drink?

I slip out of the park, fiddling with my keys as I see them following after me. Once I reach my car, I did not hesitate to slide inside and lock the door, my hands struggle to push the key into the ignition.

I look in my rear-view mirror to see them standing by the park in front of my florist. I did not know what to do except drive back to the apartment where Lauren is. I keep focus on the road.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.5M 50.7K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
31.8K 1.8K 27
To get through a heartache after the sudden breakup, Arabella moves to New York City to start another chapter of her life. Driven by the hope to make...
55.8K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
358K 33K 45
❛ The Dark love of Mafia's ❜ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Secrets which are hidden. Some secrets are burned and some are buried beneath their feet, some a...