The Missing Wife ✓

By MaFIABooks

Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in... More

Chapter Two | Where is Peter Pan's favourite place to eat out?
Chapter Three | Why did Chip and Dale take Daisy Duck to the hospital?
Chapter Four | Why was Anger so mad at Sadness?
Chapter Five | What happened after Snow White sat in the bath, feeling happy?
Chapter Six | Why does Bambi's friend, Thumper, not make noise during sex?
Chapter Seven | Why did Snow White get kicked out of Disneyland?
Chapter Eight | Who is Cogsworth's best friend?
Chapter Nine | Minnie told Mickey she wanted a divorce.
Chapter Ten | Why was Tigger in the bathroom for so long?
Chapter Eleven | What do Disney World and Viagra have in common?
Chapter Twelve | What did Cinderella say to her prince?
Chapter Thirteen | What's red and has seven dents in it?
Chapter Fourteen | And, unfortunately, what did Genie say to Aladdin?
Chapter Fifteen | Why did the seven dwarves go to jail?
Chapter Sixteen | Why can't Miss Piggy count to one hundred?
Chapter Seventeen | What did Genie say to Aladdin?
Chapter Eighteen | Wanna know something about Pinocchio?
Chapter Nineteen | Why was Anger so furious?
Chapter Twenty |Why doesn't Eeyore have any friends?
Chapter Twenty One | How did Mickey feel when he first saw Minnie?
Chapter Twenty Two | What did Nala say to Simba?
Chapter Twenty Three | What happened after Snow White sat in the bath?
Chapter Twenty Four | Why do Chip N Dale sit on their butts all day?
Chapter Twenty Five | Why did Belle get kicked out of Disney World?
Chapter Twenty Six | What happened first time Mickey and Minnie?
Chapter Twenty Seven | What did Flynn do for Rapunzel?
Chapter Twenty Eight | Why did the prince not remember Cinderella?
Chapter Twenty Nine | Did she really have to kiss a frog?
Epilogue

Chapter One | What did Cinderella do when she got to the ball?

39.6K 809 646
By MaFIABooks

WRITE YOUR FIRST TIME READING HERE

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.

This is a work of fiction. Names, places, characters and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to any actual persons, living or dead, organizations, events or locales is entirely coincidental.

AND ENJOY!

Pluck.

My head raises from my fingers that were wrapped tightly around the bouquet in my grasp, the silky white roses.

As my eyes look up, staring at the two huge doors that once opened would be the definition and purpose of my life.

The two guards stood by each corner of the hallway made me feel the nerves of today.

I inhale deeply, closing my eyes for a moment to inhale the importance of this day before finally having the confidence to raise my head. My view is blocked by the fabric of my veil, my father takes my arms in his and stands up straight.

Pluck...

I close my eyes.

"This is for our family, agápi mou." My father whispers the words, my jaw tenses as i try my hardest to suck in the tears forming in my eyes. "Remember this was planned since you were young, we have to abide by the contract Bella."

Pluck...

The doors begin to open.

My life unrolled before my eyes.

Pluck...

I take the first step onto the white carpet; everyone stands up to show respect. My eyes betray me, and I look at my husband, the man I have never met.

However, I could not see him clearly because of this stupid veil.

With every step I take, the closer I am for my old life to be over.

Once I reach the stairs, my head turns to my father and tears stroll down my eyes. "Aftó eínai gia to kalýtero tis oikogéneiás mas, agápi mou, to káneis aftó gia emás." I see a hand reach out for me; I do not dare to look up but for some reason my hands slide into his.

Pluck...

The difference in size amazed me, my hands looked like a baby in his.

He helps me up the steps, until we were both facing one another.

I decide against looking at him, knowing he was definitely an old man with around seven kids.

"Welcome family and alliances. We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of....

Pluck. Pluck.

"This is not the beginning of a new relationship but an acknowledgment of the next chapter in their lives together..."

"Do you...take her to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto her for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." His voice shocked me, the power behind it left me in shock.

Pluck. Pluck. Pluck.

"You basically ruined the flower Arabella."

With the help of Laurens voice, she snaps me back into reality. I glance down at the flower in my hand and notice it only had a couple of petals left, my eyes latch onto the ground, and I see the fallen petals.

I throw the stem into the bin and grab onto a new flower for a fresh start.

"Were you having the same dream?" She asks me.

"How could you tell?"

"Because it is as if you lose reality in this world, your eyes are just blank." I sigh softly, and I grab myself a broom from the closet behind me and sweep the fallen petals that decided to trash the ground. "Why is that?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, why do you always daze?" Lauren waits for an answer, i try to figure one out. I do not know why I daze out like that; it is beginning to happen regularly.

"I have no idea Lauren, I have been having these odd dreams and sometimes it feels so real...it is the same dream over and over again-" Before I could finish of my sentence, the bell above the door chimes.

"Maybe it is some sort of sign or something? I don't know-" I go behind the cashier and look up to see the customer looking at the menu of flowers above my head.

"I don't want to talk about it." I rub the back of my neck.

"Okay then, oh my gosh-do you know who Nicholas Hernandez is?"

The old lady who wore a patterned scarf wrapped around her neck and a blue coloured long coat over her shoulders looked directly at me, "can I help you with anything?" I said sweetly, she smiles back at me.

"Do you have any flowers? That sounded silly, of course you do. I need something yellow, something bright for my grandsons party." I chuckle at her mistake and stroll around the cashier, after asking her to follow me, I dragged her to the Orchids.

"These are a one of a kind, there are only a couple of them left sadly." The old lady nods her head as she takes one out from the bucket of wet water, smelling it against her nose.

"May I have a bouquet of these?"

"Of course, bear with me ten minutes and it will be done. Would you like to pay first?" I asked kindly, she nods her head and take out her purse as I point her in the direction of Lauren. I go and get myself some paper to wrap the orchards with.

As I begin finishing up after a few minutes, I slip in a beautiful bow around the flowers to hold them together.

I walk towards the old lady and hand it to her, "would you like a bag?"

"Oh yes please, I do not want these getting ruined."

I put the flowers in a bag and hand it over, she gives me a small smile and walks away after saying thank you. Looking down at my wrist to check the time, it was already late. I walk to the door and turn the sign to 'Closed'.

"So, tell me, who is Nicholas Hernandez?" Laurens mouth drops, whilst shaking her head.

"How on earth do you not know who Nicholas Hernandez is?" I shrug my shoulders; I pick up the spray of water and begin spraying the roses to keep them living over the night.

"Well? Who is he then?"

"Just some billionaire, but here's the story-he's married right." I just pretend to be interested in what she has to say for a moment before actually giving her my full attention.

"You're falling for a married man Lauren?"

"Exactly but-his wife went missing ten years ago."

"She went missing. How?" I ask, suddenly intrigued.

"No one knows, and people suspect that Nicholas killed her and hid her body."

"What an awful thought-why would they think that?" She shrugs her shoulders, tucking the money from the tills into the envelope.

"He has the money to hide it, to get away from it, I don't know." A shiver crawls up my spine, people really do not have a life to be suspecting someone's husband of murder.

"Lauren you can go home early. I can clean up."

"Are you sure?" She reassures. "Are you sure this isn't your way of getting rid of me so you can be alone?"

"Yes, I am sure, have a nice weekend at your parents." She engulfs me into a hug and kisses my cheeks before picking up her bag and leaving.

"Call me if you need me, and don't drink my milk and make sure to feed Daisy." I sigh and watch her leave, the door closes, and I walk up to lock it only to notice something very odd.

A figure stood at the other side of the road; I could not see their face very clearly but when a car passes by-the figure disappears.

What the hell?

Vote | Comment | Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 50.7K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
1.9M 58.3K 60
[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afraid of people leaving her, she built wall...
16K 908 47
That moment when you are being stood up by your lover on your special day. When you are standing at the altar feigning smile at the one you ought not...
357K 33K 45
❛ The Dark love of Mafia's ❜ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Secrets which are hidden. Some secrets are burned and some are buried beneath their feet, some a...