Malicious Romance

By Ekphrastic

Sometimes, not every love story can be as idyllic as it should be. Dean Winchester, bred and raised in the ma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109 END

Chapter 100

135 4 0
By Ekphrastic

Dean turned his head slightly to give her a peck on her cheek before he withdrew from her arms. "I am not sad about losing him, Giselle." He said in a deep rough tone. Her face froze as she anticipated him to continue. "You don't need to worry about me." He added as he began to stroke her cheek with one hand. "If you are curious about what I want right now, it would be you." Her eyes slanted slightly to glance at his hand before coming back to meet his indifferent gaze. "It's okay if you need sometimes to emotionally accept everything. But, I want you to come back home with me after you are fully recovered. I don't want you to stay in the hospital, away from my sight-"

The door suddenly swung open behind Dean as Vincent stepped in. "She will not be discharged anytime soon if that is what you are concerned about." He cuts off sharply, drawing both Dean's and Giselle's attention.

"Vincent!" She called his name in a tone that sounded too enthusiastic to Dean's ear.

Dean glanced down at Giselle, who was smiling brightly at the man in his white coat. He did not enjoy the sight of it as she tilted her head to get a better view. She was his and will always be his. But he seemed to not be able to control this one belonging of his at all. Other men may have their eyes on her, but they would never get the chance to lay their finger on her if he doesn't allow them to. Dean thought. He wanted to make her comprehend that. His sole intention was to protect her and keep her happy. But, her happiness seemed to be no other than this bastard physician standing inside the room. Dean did not like how close she is to another man. It didn't matter to him if they were in a friend type of relationship. He knew better than anyone that nobody acted out as who they are besides hiding behind that mask they wear. The only reason he allowed Vincent to be one of the care providers for Giselle was that they are friends. Not to him, obviously. It was all for Giselle. As long as he could make her happy, safe, and comfortable, Dean would not be regretting on making such stupid decisions and exceptions. One thing, he for sure forbids, was allowing Vincent to touch her more than what may be required, in terms of clinical and medical needs. Giselle was permitted to hang out with whomever she wanted, but he would make sure that at the end of the day, she would belong to no other than him. Dean wanted to set out those rules, but he did not have the gut to do so, just yet.

Seeing her in the patient's outfit awaken his conscience again that she was weak, physically and emotionally. Dean had to hold his breath, suppressing all of the emotion of dislike towards Vincent for her. He did not know why he feel like he wanted to grab Vincent by his throat and drag him back out of the room the minute Giselle flashed him that kind smile. He wished she did the same to him instead of crying for her father. Dean thought to himself, feeling petty for the little thing he did not receive from the one he called love. The presence of another man in the room made Dean's heart jump inconsistently. It was like that of a mad dog who kept on barking and pulling on the leash, watching the strangers trampling on their property. He was on edge when hearing the giggling sound of that man.

His brows grew tensed as he turned around to face Vincent. His hand moved swiftly to place behind Giselle's back. He did not bother to step out of the way regardless of Vincent pushing a cart closer to the bed.

The bastard would have never set foot in this room if only I did not allow it. Look at that stupid grin on his face. Dean clenched his teeth as he gave a judgemental look directly at Vincent.

"Hey, naughty. I finally caught up with you wide awake this time." He said with a wide smile that almost tore his face in half. Dean felt as if he got mocked when he observed the male physician make his way to the other side of the bed, instead of waiting for Dean to move. "I'll be checking your viral real quick." He then pulled out the blood pressure cuff to wrap it around Giselle's arm.

Dean rubbed Giselle's back lightly as he stayed quiet, controlling the overwhelming disaster that built up within his chest cavity. The physical contact of his palm over her warm back was no different than a leash itself. The minute he ever lets it go, he surely would jump right in Vincent's direction and would mercilessly bite off his head if not yanking him not just out of the room, but out of the damn hospital itself.

Giselle sighed in relief briefly at the sudden nickname that Vincent called her. "The medication kept making me fall asleep so I wasn't able to have enough energy to wait for you. I've only met with Luna so far. Are you on your night rotation now?"

Dean straightened his lips as he felt like he started becoming invisible in the room.

"Yes, my night rotation has just started recently. Soon, I will be sent out of state for some new study again." Giselle nodded and then stayed quiet as Vincent took out his stethoscope. "Can you take your hand off of her? I need to do my work."

Dean resisted for a second until Giselle glanced up at him. Noticing the anticipation on her face, he knew that he could not say no. Without further hesitation, he brought his arms over his chest and crossed them, flexing his hard biceps that appeared to be too tight underneath the blazers' sleeves.

After Vincent was done, he smiled again. That sincere smile on the physician's face annoyed the hell out of Dean for some reason. He did not know why it seemed so much kinder and warmer than the one that he gave Giselle. Perhaps that was one of the rationales that made Giselle like a man like Vincent Kim so much. It was something that Dean felt like he could not provide to her. He had been trying his best to surround her with the most kindness and human act he could, but, not after what he had grown up on and gone through. Once a wild animal, it would forever stay a wild animal. His every smile was accompanied by guilt. They carried the guilt of his past and wrongdoings every time that he felt like he needed to feel happy like others. He doubted if they were as sincere as what was in front of him, reflecting off of another man's face.

Dean blinked once after realizing that he had been staring at Vincent for quite a while. He did not even pick up on what the two people across his eyes were chatting about. "You may leave if you have no other business," Dean said, cutting off whatever their conversation was.

Both Giselle and Vincent looked at him at the same time almost instantly. "I have to give her the med and some one-on-one between physician and patient talk. I ask you to be the one to leave the room since I have to do my job, according to the medical rule."

Dean glanced at the drug vials and the syringe on the cart before he glanced back up. "That belongs to a nurse job, not yours, I assumed."

"Said the one that banned every carer here."

Giselle interrupted after noticing that the conversation between the two men did not seem to go quite well. "If both of you are going to argue, can you take it outside?" She sighed as a mild headache struck her. "I have a lot on my mind already... And, Dean, I will need to speak to you later. For now, can you just step out and let Vincent does his job?"

Dean's gaze dropped to Giselle before he uncrossed his arms. He felt no different than a puppy being told off. He was sort of mad and upset at the same time when hearing what she said to him. How could she treat him so much different compared to that man? At first, he wanted to explain to her his reasoning, but knowing the importance of her recovery, he decided to turn around and walk out quietly. When he was about to close the door, he stole another peek at her from afar, hesitating for the last few seconds, before pulling it shut.

A heavy feeling settled over him as he was left alone in the cold empty ghostly silence hall. He wondered what they'll be doing in the room without him there. What type of topics would they talk about? What else besides administering the drug that would require such a long waiting time?

His eyes shifted to the clock down the hall. One minute was too long. It was like an hour by the time the long arrow made its way back to where it originally started. Dean crossed his arms over his chest again as he leaned against the cold wall. The hall was so silent that he could hear the echo of his heart beating, and his breath as he exhaled loudly.

Suddenly, his phone rang. Dean groaned a bit as he fished through his pocket for the phone. After seeing the name on the screen, he answered without further thought. "What is it now?" His tone changed almost completely when compared to the way he heard himself speak to Giselle.

"Boss, a man who claimed to be the lawyer of the old master is here, demanding to meet with you and Mr. Aaron Winchester privately."

Dean straightened his posture, back barely touching the wall. "Well, Aaron is not here. Tell the man to come another time. Get his contact number or something. I will contact him back once Aaron finished his shit in China." He said, sounding like that of a command.

"Um... Yes, sir."

Dean's brows furrowed as he shoved his phone back into his pocket. He was not sure who the fuck his father's lawyer was. And, why would his father's lawyer want to meet up with his brother and him alone? Dean glanced at the clock down the hall while losing himself in deep thought.

Could it be about the will? But, that wouldn't make any sense. Why would my father write up a will if he was not even aware of when he would die? Or, had he always been conscious of what was going to happen to him?

He chewed his bottom lip briefly before murmuring to himself out loud. "That's bullshit." His attention soon went back to focusing on the door across from him. It was quiet inside. "Fuck this. They're taking too long." He mumbled lowly before taking a few steps toward the door. He placed his hand on the handle and then twisted downward to push the door open.

The minute he stepped in, he paused immediately within his first step. Vincent was halfway out of the bathroom while Giselle was walking after him, fingers busy buttoning up the last button of her shirt which appeared to be a whole new set of patients' attire. She wiped her eyes with one hand as if she had just cried.

Dean's patience drained from his head when the next thing he knew was him striding towards Vincent. He wanted nothing but that man out of the damn room. How dare he make Giselle cry? He had put so much effort into making her feel better and forgets about all of the things that have been occurring, but the man in front of him had ruined it all. Not only did he make her cry, but why the fuck was she in a new pair of uniforms? And, why the fuck was she walking after him as if they had just gone into the damn bathroom together? The image across his eyes at the moment was the last thing that he wished to see before his death. He did not want to think about what they were doing. He tried to prevent himself from overthinking and making up the story within his head before hearing out the truth. But, he could not help any longer when his doubt and curiosity rise alongside his anger to replace the last bit of patience he has left. 

Could that damn doctor do something to Giselle to make her cry? If not the talk about her family's death, then what else could possibly be their main topic of conversation? And, most importantly, why the hell would she still buttoning up her shirt if it was not something... physical. Between a woman and a man, what type of physical language that have to be done to end up in such a mess? 

Dean hissed loudly from a distance as he soon closed them up with long strides. "What did I say about laying a damn finger on her?" His voice came out more aggressive than he anticipated it to be. But he did not regret it. Vincent halted in his step when Dean suddenly came to block his way. Before the male physician could utter a sound, Dean was already grabbing the collar of the man's white coat. "I said to do your job professionally, have you forgotten about the damn rule that I have set?" He added furiously.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Let me go, damn it." Vincent bit his teeth as he tried to peel Dean's strong fingers off of his collar.

All of the sudden, a weak force appeared to pull Dean's shoulders from behind. Knowing who it was, Dean decided to let loose of his grip, allowing Giselle to rip him away easily from Vincent.

"Dean, I've told you to not do this in front of me!" Her voice sounded scolding and accusing at the same time. Dean wondered if he had heard it incorrectly because she was always soft and comforting to him. But, what was happening today? Why had she changed?

His forehead formed creases as the blood rushed to his face. The sight of Giselle standing protectively in front of another man almost brought a slap to Dean's face. He risked his all to save her. He was the one who save her that night from the hand of Kevinskey. But, why was it that she chose someone else? Why the person she chose to protect was never him? Dean pondered bitterly as he stared between them, observing their proximity to each other. 

It looked like a pair of love birds. 

Dean second-guessed himself if he was jealous at the sight because he could feel his heart muscle twitching unpleasantly.

And, for a split of second, Dean realized that he was the extra unfitting piece of the puzzle. They looked too good together. Dean could tell by just staring at them who were busy defending each other. The chill air in the room did not get to him until this very moment. It reminded him once again of who he truly is, a wild predator that everyone is scared of. Dean's face almost displayed a shocking expression but the paralysis venom that strikes him was too great for his facial muscles to even move. "I haven't done anything." He murmured, in a more delicate lower tone, sounding defeated.

After several seconds of staring at him in silence, she replied, "This is why... this is why I can never... see you in the same way as other people, Dean."

At first, he felt confused about what she was trying to imply to him. He took a few moments to let her words register and sink inside his head. It turned out that whatever she'd just said to him made him feel so out of place. He was not one of them. He was the black sheep in the crowd. 

That statement made Dean's heart skip a beat painfully. There was no need of pointing it out for him, Dean thought. He was very well aware of himself. He had always reminded himself that he would never become one of them. But, why did she have to remind him in front of this bastard? 

The bitter taste appeared in his mouth as if he was drinking his own poison. Dean masked his emotions away, knowing how irrelevant they are to Giselle at this instant.  

Dean used to question what it was that made him different from others. He had always blamed his criminal bloodline and his cruelty. He thought those were the naked truth that isolated him from other beings. Up until now, after what she just said, he had finally learned that no matter what he does, he would never be like others. He had been doing nothing but providing her protection, risking his life to save hers, and showing her his weakness that nobody else had ever gotten to witness. 

Never had he ever been so soft and gentle to anyone else but her. 

He treated her with very kindness full of love and care, but all of that seemed to not exist in Giselle's eyes. Had he misunderstood something while he was in the process of learning how to love? Had he come to comprehend the emotion in the wrong way? Dean was baffled as he stared into her dark eyes in disbelief at what he heard.

Regardless of the disappointment that flooded his chest, he gulped and speaks once again. "And, what about it?" He questioned in a rough voice. "It appears that even the slightest thing that I do will be regarded as a threat to you." Dean clenched his teeth after hearing himself. He wished he did not open his mouth to speak. Those words might have been too sharp for Giselle. He was afraid that it would cut her away from him if he was not careful with what was coming out. Realizing that it was too late to hold back his words, he shot Vincent a piercing glare, followed by a serious blunt command. "Get out."

"No!" The male physician replied at the same time that he seized Giselle's hand. He then pulled her closer to his side, making Dean's eagle eyes glimpse down briefly at another man's fingers that dared to intertwine with hers. "I am not letting you hurt her again. Look at what you had just done to me. How can I trust you to be alone with her? Who is going to be there when your sudden temper gets to her like how it is for you to me? You can grab me and throw me around like an animal, but I will never let you do the same to Giselle. Did you not learn your lesson after what you had put her through? Don't you think it is time for you to let her go? Look at her current condition. Tell me if this is not your doing. If it was not for you and those mobsters, she would've just been doing fine all on her own. Do I really have to educate you more about this or something?"

Dean gritted his teeth as he shifted his gaze back to meet Giselle's. He had no intention of responding back to Vincent. All of those words that Vincent said were no different than the air that passed over his head. He was not planning to have a fight. All he wanted was for Giselle to return to his side. Why was it so hard to make her understand? 

He waited for a few seconds, hoping she would say something to defend him from the wrong accusation and perspective that Vincent gave. He waited and waited, but she did not utter a word. At that moment, Dean felt like a sharp knife was being stabbed into his chest forcefully from the front by no other than his most beloved woman. She was clearly telling him that she had no faith left in him. Was he that bad in her eyes? Perhaps bad was not the right word to describe himself in her visions. He must've been a beast, a monster and devil that coexist all at once, living in a human form inside of him.

"This is about me and her. I have warned you." Dean's voice remained serious and deep. There was no sign of backing down if he does not get Giselle back to his side. 

Though he felt somewhat stingy inside the pit of his chest, giving up on Giselle would be the last thing he would do. He had given up before, believing in all of the stupid nonsense of the goods. But, that good little boy was no longer taking part in him. If having to burn down the damn hospital and the entire world makes Giselle come back to him, Dean was more than ready to do it. 

His sharp eyes held hers without a blink in anticipation. How come she did not even speak up for him? How could she just stand there, allowing another man to accuse him of hurting her? Dean's heart sank and drowned in his disappointment in her. She knew undoubtedly that he had never touched her, not in an abusive way. But, when it came to the man behind her, she did not hesitate to step up for him. Dean felt less and small and furthermore devalued that he was being put into comparison to another man, who had no existence in mob life, no power, no survival skills, and no fame. Yet, that man was winning over him.

Does a man of nobody make a better man than a man like me? I could give more to her than this bastard could. I would kill for her if it makes her stay next to me, safe and sound. And, the answer is obvious, this bastard would never be able to do the same as I would for her. Dean thought.

"Move out of the way." His rough serious tone that carried along his deep raspy voice sent chills down Giselle's spine. 

She tightened her hand lock with Vincent for several seconds, earning a look of concern from her male friend. "Don't do anything to Vincent. It is just a misunderstanding. He did nothing wrong." She murmured, expressing a lack of confidence look, opposite to that of the man across from her. Her tone shook slightly when noticing the presence of Dean's furious expression. 

The more she drew a boundary between her friends and him, the more ambitious and eager he became of crossing that invisible line. Dean tightened his brows together and then replied. "Then you're going to have to come with me." He hated how he sounds. He despised how he had to threaten her to make her come to him. But, he had sworn to himself, an oath that marked him in his heart, that he would keep her protected regardless of what she might feel towards him. Dean wanted to bite his tongue off after hearing how his words and the tone of voice he used were so similar to that of his father. He wished he could stop himself from becoming one if it does not make him return back to a weakling form. "Giselle," He called her name, annunciating it short and sharp like how had done to his men when giving them orders.

Vincent stepped up to block Dean's view as he said, "So this is who you truly are. A pure nightmare. This is why even Giselle herself is terrified of you. I doubt anyone would want to stay with a man like you, a fucking mafia. Stop trying to fucking brainwash her with your manipulative act."

Dean inhaled deeply, trying to keep himself composed. The urge to smash Vincent's head against the wall had never grown as strongly as now. He blinked once as he remained in his stance. "Giselle," He called for her name once again when she was hidden behind Vincent's back. At that moment, all he wanted was for her to come to him because he knew darn well how close he was to losing his shit. His heart started to pick up its speed, demanding he obeys his father's way of solving problems. And, that was no other than to slam Vincent's head into the glass window and make sure that the young doctor would either get amnesia himself or lose his little worthless life in one night.

"Are you seriously deaf or something?" Vincent raised his voice.

Giselle cuts Vincent off by letting go of his hand and said, "Enough of it." Her voice shuddered.

Dean's heart broke the minute that she reappeared from the back of the male physician with her eyes full of anxieties and fears. She began to inch herself closer toward his direction. And, he could tell by the way her muscle tensed with hesitation, and just how broken she must have felt about the entire situation that was happening now and not just her family. On top of that, he wondered what was it that Vincent had been telling her. How could her behavior toward him change in almost a blink of an eye?

Dean did not wait for her to close up the distance as he reached out to grab her fragile wrist. Regardless of the heat that built up inside of him, he had to make sure to keep himself aware of the strength that he exerted around her thin bone. He was being more than careful when it comes to Giselle. And, that sent shocks to Vincent's face.

"I was going to let you stay here until you make a full recovery. But, that doesn't seem to be happening anymore." He said to Giselle before dragging her out of the room. From the corner of his eyes, he noticed the first few steps that the physician dared to take, prepared to chase after them. Dean halted instantly to give his last warning. "Don't follow... unless you don't want to see her again."

"Vinnie, I'll be alright. Don't worry about me." Giselle said with an encouraging smile. Catching a glimpse of her, Dean knew that the look she gave was fake. Dean tightened his grip around her wrist slightly, wanting to make her realize that he had no intention of letting her go. He wished she could see and feel the disappointment inside of him as well. How sad was it that her eyes were only focusing on another man and not him? If only she could spare a longer and deeper glance at Dean, he swore that she would be able to see all of the rationales of why he was acting the way he did. He thought to himself painfully from the unpleasant sight. "I'm okay. Trust me." She added, soft and sweet.

Dean stared down at her with an almost empty gaze that left him isolated. Seeing how she was ensuring her friend instead of herself made him angry even more. How could she be so naive? How could she not be worried about herself for the slightest bit? It was driving him nut to see that side of her. Besides making him want to keep her safe, he tried to keep this fragile little human being next to him forever. Dean loosened his grip around her wrist before lifting her to carry in a bridal style. He knew his behavior must have startled her judging from the flinching motions that he felt underneath his fingers. 

When their gazes met, Dean heaved out a loud sigh as if he had come back to his senses. Without any words, he turned to make his way to the door. Realizing that he couldn't open it with his busy hands, he decided to speak. "Can you open the door?"

Giselle hesitated to follow what sounded like a command as she held his gaze without a blink. There was something in her eyes that he could not read. And, it made him feel foreign to her for some unexplainable reason. 

Dean wondered if he was overthinking as he brushed it off by adding softly, "Please?"

The softening tone in his voice which soothed her ears made her nod her head while she reached her hand out to grab the handle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!
I hope everyone is enjoying it :)
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.8K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
436K 9.3K 98
{18+ Matured Content, It involves heavy sex, bondage, violence, rape, BDSM, age gap, enslavement, and crime} ••• "Look at me, Balia," I commanded. S...
1.3K 60 59
HER It's been over a year since my first taste of blood, since I've learned what it means to truly evolve in order to survive. I'm not proud of what...
1.8M 75.4K 104
Pushing him away from her, she screamed at him ; " This wedding was an option for you.. But not for me.! You really think that if given the opportuni...