Arylie- Aryan Imlie aur Woh

By GargiRamtirthaParand

This story starts after Aryan meets Imlie in pagdandiya after 5 years. Imlie has Chini but there is someone e... More

We meet again and who is this?
Imlie's life
Her anger his anguish
A dangerous misson
Dream team
A rainy night
For Bhaskar times
Lost
She has to move on
Old secrets -1
Old secrets - 2
Imlie's life at risk
His Past
The Hinduja Family
Imlie returns to Rathod's
Just talk to her
Malini's misdeeds
Aryan's decision
Telling the families
Imlie's questions
Imlie talks to Aryan

Going to Delhi

259 35 11
By GargiRamtirthaParand

Raghav decided to talk to Aryan about Imlie but he didn't know how to bring her up, all he knew that he had to understand what was going on in Aryan's head? What did he mean with those questions back in the tent. Aryan began speaking.

A-You and Imlie should move to Delhi! Lot of media outlets there would love to hire you and there are better schools for miss sugar too .

R- Yes that is not a bad idea but there is so much to do here so I don't really know if we will have the time.

A- I see, Imlie I mean you will find a good neurosurgeon for her in Delhi, I know a few people who could help

R-Imlie will do what she wants to , I have no say for it and I don't think city is the cards yet. Are there any vacancies in your newspaper maybe Imlie could apply

A-yes of course she had already worked there so... Aryan stopped himself and realized he had spoken too much.

R- What did you just say? Imlie worked at your firm? I thought you said you met for the first time the other day?

A- No I dont think it was my paper but I do remember something she wrote a while back in one of the Delhi newspapers.

R- Yes, you are right, Ill run this by her and see what she thinks

Aryan hoped that Imlie would agree but somewhere deep down he knew that she had no interest in returning to Delhi or Bhaskar times if she wanted to come back she could have come years ago but she had chosen to build a new life here in her home town. Raghav returned after a while and confirmed Aryans fears, Imlie had declined to return to Delhi and asked Raghav to never bring this up again, Aryan and the Rathod family were her past and she did not wish to revisit old wounds and in her mind she had everything she needed for the rest of her life in Pagdandiya. Chini who overheard all of this decided to leave for Delhi with Aryan and force Imlie to come find her, and Imlie did as expected, she was once again in the Rathod mansion, trying to hide and take Chini away with her before anyone figured out she had come but the house's chowkidars decided to attack her and forced her to reveal her identity to everyone. Imlie was badly hurt by their blows which Aryan managed to stop before they got brutal. The family was shocked to see Imlie and just then a worried Raghav ran in to find Imlie and Chini huddled with beating wounds on Imlie

R- Imlie! Imlie! Are you ok? Are you hurt? 

Raghav began checking Imlie's head to make sure she did not suffer a head injury as that could make her neurological problems worse. Imlie was a bit embarrassed with Raghav touching her in front of everyone and moved away from him. Aryan was worried himself but watched silently as Raghav inquired about Imlie. Narmada and rest of the family couldn't believe their eyes and had mixed feelings of joy, sorrow and confusion all at once.

I-Im ok , we should go, we have a bus to catch in half an hour

N- Imlie beta, humse itni naraj ho ki thik se milogi bhi nahi

Narmada, Arpita and the rest of the family hugged and cried with Imlie as they were meeting their daughter after a long time, they greeted Chini warmly. Imlie introduced Raghav as her doctor and journalist friend and the family was pleased at his gentle demeanor and caring attitude towards Imlie and Chini. After sometime Narmada insisted that Imlie have some food with them before she left, when suddenly Imlie started to see dark spots in front of her eyes and eventually collapsed on the floor. Aryan ran to grab Imlie but Raghav broke Imlie's fall by catching her in his arms, Aryan grew irritated of Raghav's closeness with Imlie but he knew that her health mattered more than anything at this point. Raghav did a check up and concluded that Imlie had a concussion due to the beating at it would not be advisable for her to travel for a few days and also she would need to go to the hospital for some scans tomorrow morning. Imlie shouted a firm "NO" as she heard Raghav's request of staying for a few days at the Rathod mansion. A shout is a loss of control masquerading as the opposite, thought Raghav. But Narmada and Arpita managed to convince Imlie of staying back and resting up until she was fully recovered. IMlie realized that Conflict for the most part,  was without point, because few in the Rathod family would follow her logic faithfully enough to stay on track. So she retreated as it was the only sane option and reluctantly agreed to stay back for a few days.

I-Ok I guess I will stay back but only on one condition

N- WHat beta? ANything you need, I am ok with it.

I-Raghav and Chini will also stay with me

Arp-Of course Imlie, if Raghavji wants to stay, we really dont mind.

R- I really have a lot of work left at Pagdandiya, I should be heading back.

I- Ok then I will come with you, after all that is both our work, I dont want you messing up my assignments.

R-Imlie you dont need me here, you have all these people who care about you with you, Chini can stay and maybe I can come to pick you both after a few days?

I- I have said what I wanted to say, now its up to you.

Ar- Raghu, you should stay, after all you know Imlie's health history and can share it correctly with the doctor at the hospital tomorrow, right?

I- You mean Im not capable of doing that Mr Rathod?

Ar- That is not what I meant, I just think it would be easier for you to have someone with you at the hospital

I- I have managed without anyone in these past 5 years, Im not dependent on anyone, thank you

Aryan was take aback by Imlie's sharp comments he sensed a lack of faith and anger in her tone, it was justified at a level but he did not wish to make the situation worse by explaining his concerns and decided to quietly walk out of the room and not engage in further arguments. Imlie did not know herself what made her react this way to Aryan's logical suggestion but being in that home where Aryan had abandoned her and broken his promises was bringing back old painful memories and images, it was as if all the good times she had spent with the Rathods were clouded by that one black day when she had lost her Chiku. Raghav on the other hand, hoped that by him going away, it would give Aryan and Imlie time to come closer and share old memories in the home that was once their own but he realized that Imlie was not ready for things to go back as easily and gave in to her demands. Having Aryan around was not easy for him, he denied it to himself many a times but he loved Imlie and bring her closer to someone else was a painful task for him but one that had to be done for Imlie's happiness.

That night at the dinner table-

I-Chini , lets eat come here.

Ch-No, I will eat with heroji in his room, if he doesnt sit with everyone I wont either

I-Chini, he is an adult and can act as he wants, you cannot! Come here at once!

Ch- I wont!

Imlie was growing frustrated with Chini's tantrums lately, she was a t that precocious age where she constantly challenged everything Imlie asked her to do and Imlie would often give in to her demands but Imlie was determined that today would not be one of those days.

I- Ok, you can go with him but then dont bother coming back to mine, you can very well stay with him

Ch- But Why do I have to choose?

Aryan and Raghav who were hearing this argument between them stood silent afraid to interject and aggravate Imlie even more.

I- You have to choose? Your new friend or me?

Ch- But why? Why cant you come to Heroji's room and have dinner with us there?

I- Because I cant 

Ch- but why?

I-Because I said so?

Ch- But why? give me a reason then only I will decide if you are right or wrong!

I- You want a reason here is a reason, I feel suffocated in that room, in this house! Im stuck here bcoz you decided to run away with a stranger, someone you have only met a few weeks ago! Haven't you done enough already?

R- Ok ok stop you two! Enough of this fight! arre we are in the big city! in this wonderful house and all you two can think of are these pointless arguments.

I- I'm not arguing, why dont you talk to her?

R- Chini! I have a better idea, why dont we ask Mr. Rathod to join us?

Ch- Great idea dadda! Heroji you come to the dining table with everyone!

Ar- I really dont eat with everyone anymore.

Imlie turned her face and rubbed her head with her hands, she had begun to have a headache and was about done after the emotionally exhausting day she had, she knew one thing for sure, that she would not beg Aryan to join them even if it was only for Chini's sake. Aryan realized that Imlie was not about to ask him to stay and secretly he wanted her to, having her back in the house after all these years was like a blessing, his mind played all the beautiful moments he had spent with Imlie here and wondered if she remembered those memories too. She looked just like the day he had brought her home with her jhola after she had fallen unconscious in his car, Aryan quickly snapped out of his thoughts and agreed to Chinis suggestion. The family was eager to hear about what Imlie was up to these 5 years and where she had been, they were surprised to know that Imlie had been in Delhi for the first year with Chini and then moved to Pagdandiya with Chini and Raghav, who she had also met in Delhi. Raghav began singing Imlie's praises and shared what they had been up to that first year.

R- Auntie, Imlie is amazing she managed to gather such a huge amount for Chini's treatment all by herself

N-What treatment?

R-Aunty Chini has a rare blood disorder that requires regular blood transfusions from a donor who shares her blood group and kids with that usually do not live long without a cure, which involves a very expensive surgery, it costs around 30 lakh rupees.

Imlie's eyes grew dead as she remembered that year and what had transpired in the past only she knew how she had managed to save that money for Chini's treatment, she had kept it a secret from everybody. Aryan was startled to look at Imlie, she was staring at a blank wall and her expressions grew cold and fearful as she was remembering past events. Before Raghav could say more, Imlie grabbed him by the arm and asked him to eat in silence, she changed the topic as the family began praising her for her resourcefulness and achievement. Aryan realized that Imlie was hiding something but also reminded himself that he had no right to probe, he hated himself for letting Imlie go without any support and often wondered how she would have managed with a small baby on her own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 1.2K 28
A 20 years old girl and 28 years old man. Girl is innocent cute thinks straight. bubbly but introvert. a normal higher middle class family girl. lov...
95.5K 3.5K 39
***Now Completed*** Their lives, relations & emotions came to a point of standstill after the truth of Malini Tripathi nee Chaturvedi came out. Imlie...
33.6K 1.8K 18
Short story on Aryan and Imlie getting married...
26.2K 1.3K 21
My version of AryLie based on the raved show "Imlie" Aryan overhears Badke Kaka talking with loan sharks regarding keeping the Tripathi Niwas on mort...