Rise Of The Owl House

By Anthony7410

The first mystic warrior of the Boiling Isles in centuries. Follow AJ and Luz the humans in mystic and magic... More

Bio
The lying Witch, a Warden and a Mystic Trainee
Witches before wizards
Origami tsunami
We were teenage abominations
The intruder
Covenant
Hooty's moving hassle
Lost in language
Once upon a swap
Something ventured, some kids framed
Escape of the palisman
Sense and insensitivity
Owl-pellet adventure shorts
The first day
Really small problems
Understanding Willow
Enchanting grom fright
Wing it like witches and warriors
Agony of a Witch and Mystic Warrior
Young blood, Old souls, Endless hope
Separate tides
Escaping exspulsion
Echos of the past
Keeping up A-fear-acnes
Through the looking glass ruins
Hunting palisman and Mystic Warrior
Eda's reqium
Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door
Eclipse lake
Not everything is in black and white
Yesterday's lie
Follies at the Coven Day Parade
Christmas Special!
Elsewhere. Elsewhen. Elsewho?
Black as night, bright as white
Any sport in a storm
Reaching out
Them's the breaks, kid
Not so happy returns Vol. 1
A dream become reality Vol. 2
Tale of the Yokai Vol. 3
Insane in the Battle Nexus Vol. 4
Happy Pride Month
Merry Christmas (Thank you)

Adventures in the elements

1.5K 30 28
By Anthony7410

Open on the Owl House living room. Luz is laying her head on AJ's lap, who is brushing her hair with a comb and King is curled up on Luz's stomach.

Luz is reading a pamphlet about Hexside, to King and AJ, labeled "Hexside Facts and Trivia." It has a picture of Principal Bump on the back along with his quote, "Education is the real magic."

Luz: King, AJ, listen to this!

King: *Laying on Luz's stomach* Hey! Less ready, more scratchy!

Luz: *Sits up* Sorry! Now that me and AJ will be new students at Hexside, I wanna learn all about it! I've got a new crush, and her name is Education!

As she's talking, AJ pulls all the excess hair out of the comb, places the comb on the table beside the couch and puts the excess hair in a small trash bin.

King: *Bites the pamphlet* Nyah!

AJ: *Raises a brow, grinning* Should I be jealous of this Education?

Luz: No, of course not! *Puts both of her hands on his shoulders* I love you both, equally!

AJ: Hehe, don't worry, I believe you.

Eda: *Kicks the front door open* Hey, freeloaders! Guess what today is?

AJ: Happy anniversary?

Luz: Is it your birthday?

King: Is it my birthday?

Hooty: It's my birthday!

Eda: No! *Closes front door* It's human treasure day!

Eda tosses the Portal Door into the air. It unfolds and opens. Owlbert flies through, dragging a giant sack. The sack tears when he flips it onto the floor, revealing a pile of human garbage. The door closes.

Eda: *Hops onto the pile* Ahh, fresh garbage.

King: Ooo, gimme, gimme, gimme! *Pulls out a teddy bear* Yes! Another worthy addition to my army of terror!

New Guy: I love cuddles and kisses!

King: Truly horrifying!

AJ: King, are me and Luz terrifying?

King: What? Pfft, no.

AJ: Then cuddles and kisses aren't horrifying.

King this breaks him for a moment and soon just ignores him

Eda: *To Luz, who's still reading and AJ, who just sits there with Luz* Yo, kids. Your trash pile's are getting cold. While mine's getting hot! *Pulls out a wire clothes hangar* I have never seen such an extravagant earring.

AJ: Those aren't, *pauses before sighing lazily* nevermind. Whatever makes you happy.

Luz: You can have my trash. Whoa! Did you know that Hexside was built on the bones of its rival school? One it literally conquered!

Luz shows off the pamphlet, showing a picture of a much younger Principal Bump standing on various Glandus students, being cheered on by fellow Hexside students. The school burns behind them.

AJ: Well that's a morbid peice of history.

Eda: *Now wearing two clothing hangars as earrings and looking in a mirror* Yes, I know all these things, I went there. It was the most harrowing period of my life. *To her reflection, pulling her hair back* Oh, hello.

Luz: Can you imagine it! Us, *Leans on AJ* in the halls of Hexside, studying with Willow and Gus.

AJ: *Smiling* Maybe we'll even get to learn with Amity.

Both teens gasp in realization.

Both: Amity!

Luz: Oh cramity! We're supposed to meet so I can get my Azura book back!

AJ grabs a pair of blue headphones from behind the coach before him and Luz run out to the door

AJ: *To hooty* Happy birthday Hooty! *places the blue headphones on his head*

Hooty: *Gasp excitedly* Their so cool! Thank you so much, AJ! Hoot-hoot!

AJ: No probles.

Luz/AJ: I love you guys!

Hooty: And I love you, Lu-!

Luz slams the door shut.

Hooty: Aaah!

AJ: *Outside* Love you Hooty!

Hooty: *Outside* And I love you, AJ!

Eda: Eh, who needs 'em?

King: Yeah! Lou Jitsu can be our new AJ and this bear could be our new Luz.

New Guy: Being without you is just unbearable.

King: No! *Throws New Guy* You're unbearable!

Cut to the market. AJ and Luz are running

Luz: *Running and looking around* Amity, Amity, Amity, Amity. Gotta find that-oh! *Sees the girl in question, wearing casual clothing*

AJ: *Smiling* There she is.

Luz: Hey, Amity! Luz and AJ are finally here!

Edirc and Emira suddenly appear in front of them.

Edric and Emira: Hi Luz! Hi AJ!

Luz yelps, jumps and falls on her back while also AJ yelps but he whips out his Bo staff, aiming at the twins who both take a step back, laughing.

Amity walks over and passes her old siblings.

Amity: Edric! Emira! Stop bothering them! *She helps Luz up*

AJ: It's ok Amity. *Holsters his staff* But what are they doing here? Not too much offense.

Edric: None taken, bud.

AJ groans. Emira leans closer to his face, now noticing the red stripes that are imprinted over his eyes.

Emira: *Cups her chin* Trying out some face paint there?

AJ: Oh no, I got some new mystic weapons a few days ago.

They can already see the orange spots on his right forearm, purple squares on his left forearm but rolls up his short sleeves to show two yellow stripes on wach of his shoulders and two of each on his biceps.

Luz is cupping her cheeks, looking at his arms closely, but not because of the markings. Amity is also looking intently at both the markings on his arms and the small bit of muscle he's gained during his and Luz's time in the demon realm.

AJ: Apparently my mystic weapons, gave me these permanent markings on my body, it happened when I held them for the first time and gain their power. *Points to his big tooth* And even made my tooth bigger, which honestly I don't understand why.

Edric: *Leans over AJ* That's awesome! Are there anymore markings?

AJ rolls his sleeves back down, much to Luz's and Amity's disappointment.

AJ: Yeah, *Places his hand on the sides of his legs* I have marking on my thighs too.

Luz: *Leans her head onto AJ's* Maybe you can-

AJ: No.

Luz: *Backs away* Worth a shot.

AJ: Anyway, *To Amity* Watcha twins doing here again?

Amity: *Shakes her head a little* Sorry, guys, they insisted on coming for some reason.

Emira: *Squishing Amity's face* Because we love you, baby sister!

AJ: *Narrowing his eyes at Emira* Uh-huh.

Amity: *Shoves Emira off making her yelp and straightens her messed-up hair* They've been extra protective and nice towards me to make up for the library incident.

Edric: *Leaning in; To AJ* We took you're lesson to heart. And we still apologize everyday.

Luz: Aww! *Leaning on AJ* Such an inspiration!

Amity shoves Edric away and AJ doing the same to Luz. AJ looks at Amity with a raised brow, she sighs and they both shrug their shoulders.

Amity: *Pulls out Luz's book and hands it to her* In any case, here's your book, Luz.

Luz: *Takes the book* So, what'd you think?

Amity: It was... *Looks away* fine.

AJ: *Whispers to Luz, smirking* Such a tsun-tsun.

Luz: *whispers back* I know right?*Pulls a drawing out of the book; to Amity* Was it so fine you drew yourself with Malingale the Mysterious Soothsayer?

(I think this confirms that cannon Amity is bisexual. But that's the writers of the show to decide.)

Amity blushes out of embarrassment and summons a spell circle, destroying the drawing. AJ leans next to Amity and whispers to her.

AJ: Don't worry, me and Luz thought he was kinda hot too. *Leans back*

Amity grows a small smile from his reassurance.

Luz: This is great! Maybe we could even start an Azura club at school when we're classmates!

Amity: When we're what?

Luz: Surprise! *Pulls out the pamphlet* Me and AJ are enrolling at Hexside!

AJ: *Tosses confetti in the air* Celebratory confetti jitsu!

Amity: Oh! Uh, sorry, but to be in my class, you need to take a placement exam and prove that you've mastered two spells. *Shows the requirements on the pamphlet* Luz, I know you have your light thing, but Uh, do you know anything else?

Luz: Placement exam? Spells?

AJ: *Concern grows* Um...

Emira: Quit giving them a hard time, Mittens.

Edric: Yeah, of course they know two spells. Right, guys?

AJ: Um.. *Pulls out his tonfas* Do mystic weapons count as spells?

Amity: I believe so. *shrugs* I mean it does count as magic and your the only person I know that can use them.

AJ: *Sighs a little in relief; puts away his tonfas* Okay, that reassures me a little.

Edric: Great! What about you Luz?

Luz: Pff. Yeah. 'Course I know two spells! *Laughs nervously*

Amity: Because if you don't, they'll put you in the baby class.

Amity hands Luz the pamphlet back, now flipped to the baby class page. AJ and Luz look at each other in concern.

Edric: Oooh! Brain idea!

Edric kneels in front of Amity. Emira leans on Amity's back, trapping her between them.

Emira: What if we all trained together? We could show off what we know!

Edric: What do you say, guys?

Luz: Uh, actually, *Grabs AJ's wrist* we have other training plans in a very far away place that we have to go to right now. *Pretends to walk away dragging AJ with her* Bye! *Actually leaves*

AJ: *Waves to them* Bye!

Amity waves back a little, which Edric and Emira notice, they lean on Amity with smug grins, making her groan in annoyance.

Cut to the Owl House kitchen. Eda is reading a book titled "Bending Ingredients to Your Will." Being held by her decapitated hand.

Eda: *Humming* Wow, a surprisingly peaceful domestic moment. When will it be ruined?

Luz: *Slams the front door open* Eda!

AJ: We need you!

Eda: There it is.

Luz: *Runs in with AJ* Eda, Eda! Eda! *Falls to the ground but AJ catches her in time* You have to teach me a new spell right now!

Eda: Sorry, Luz! These vegetables won't cook themselves... yet.

Eda dumps a potion onto vegetables. They all grow arms and legs.

Eda: Alright, everybody in the pot!

The vegetables scream and run away.

AJ: Why do you always think that's gonna work?

Eda: *Glaring at the living vegetables* I ask myself that all the time.

Luz: *Stands straight* But I need to know two spells to get into decent classes at Hexside. I can make light glyphs. *Pulls one out and activates it*

Eda/AJ: *Shields their eyes* Aah!

Luz: But at the end of the day, that's the only spell I know. *Falls face-first to the floor*

Eda: And whose fault is that?

Luz/AJ: *Luz Muffled; both point at her* Yours!

Eda: Hah! Yep. Got me there.

Luz: *Stands* Just teach me a spell now. Any spell! It can be the darkest evil.

AJ: Or maybe a simple protection spell?

Eda: Well, I have been researching my texts on wild magic, but I'm much too busy right now. *Throws book in the pot*

Luz: Come on, Eda! You're the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles. How would it look if your apprentice got thrown into the baby class?

AJ: *Smirking* Yeah, are you really gonna let big butt or literally anyone on the Boiling Isles know you couldn't teach a human a second spell?

Eda: Hmm. Weaponizing my pride. Well played. *Picks up her hand and screws it back on* Well, in that case, this looks like a job for magic boot camp.

King: *Opens back door holding Francois and Little Lou* Did someone say boot camp? I agree to run it. We'll rise at dawn! *points to AJ* You'll carry me on your back as I yell hateful things about Luz's performance!

Eda: Nope. You'll have no part in this. Luz needs to focus, and I can't have her go all weird when you do something adorable.

King: I am not adorable! *Stomps his foot twice*

Luz: Aww, he stamped his little foot!

AJ: Ok, I'll admit, that was cute.

King squeals and leaves, slamming the door behind him. It reopens. He slams it again. It reopens. He slams it harder, shutting it all the way this time.

Eda: Now, no time to waste. You'll have to follow my teaching exactly. We gotta go somewhere special.

Luz: *Hugging AJ close to her* Yes!

Eda: A place where magic energy just flows.

Luz: *Climbs onto the counter; louder; hugging AJ tighter* Yes!

AJ: *Straining* Can't... breath...

Cut to Eda, AJ and Luz standing in winter gear surrounded by snow and AJ has all of his weapons on him and has his bear beanie on.

Eda: A place like, the Knee!

Luz: Yes!

Luz's cry echoes across the Isles.

AJ: *To Eda* Why did you just say that?

Eda: Remember when I said "A place where magic energy just flows?" I was just finishing the sentence.

AJ: *Raises a brow* But you said that like an hour ago.

Eda: Imagine if you were an outside observer just watching peices of the conversation.

AJ: *Scrunching his face, visibly confused* What?

Eda: You know what, Don't think about it to much kid, *Looks to the readers* you wouldn't understand. *Winks*

Luz: *Looks in the direction Eda's looking* Who are you winking too?

Eda: *Walks off* Let's get to training!

AJ and Luz look at each other confused by Eda's weird "act" before shrugging it off and following after her.

Eda: The earliest witches came to the Knee to develop their magic, drawn to its natural power.

Luz: *Gasps* It's beautiful!

Ruins covered in snow are shown.

AJ: Haven't been in a snow environment in a long time.

Eda: *Gestures to the side* Though, it's not without its dangers.

Luz screams and clings to AJ's arm. AJ finally notices the a Slitherbeast gnawing on a tree trunk and exclaims in fright of it.

Eda: The Slitherbeast! Don't worry, if you don't mess with him, he won't mess with you.

Luz blows a raspberry at the Slitherbeast. It bites through the tree trunk and sniffs in Luz's direction. She yelps and AJ runs off dragging Luz with him.

Eda: Here's where we'll set up shop.

Luz: I'll definitely learn my second spell here! Gorgeous views, magic in the air.

AJ: A great spacious area to practice using my Bo staff and katanas.

Luz: And best of all, we're completely alone!

A pink light illuminates her.

Eda/AJ: Watch out!

Eda and AJ tackle Luz seconds before a pink fireball hits the spot Luz had been standing in. Eda pops up over the rocks they fell behind with her staff drawn and AJ doing the same with a katana blade.

AJ: *Sees who fired at them and goes wide eyed* Oh boy...

Luz also pops up, and gasps.

Amity: Sorry, whoever's over there!

Luz: *Ducks back down, hides her face with her hat* Forget teaching me a spell, just make me disappear.

Eda: Well, okay, but I've got a 60/40 record of making you re-appear. Oh! *points behind her* You meant... ah, never mind.

Edric and Emira wave to them.

Edric: Hey, Luz! Hey AJ!

Emira: Guys!

Edric: Hey, it's us!

AJ: *Ducks down to Luz* You think you can do this?

Luz: Do we have a choice? let's do this. *Stands and waves* Hey, guys!

AJ: *Stands and waves* Just smile and wave, babe. Smile and wave.

Luz: *Forcing a smile* AJ, this is not the time for movie references.

AJ: Sorry.

Eda: Who are they?

Luz: *Grabs Eda's jacket* Be cool! If they know I haven't mastered two spells, they'll think I belong in the baby class!

Amity: *Walking toward them* What's that about the baby class?

Eda: Only that it's for babies, and Luz here clearly isn't a baby. *To a glaring Luz* Nailed it. *Whistles and walks away*

Luz: Amity! *Slips, poses on the ground* Wha... What are you doing here?

Amity: I'm here to train. I'm trying to beat Ed and Em's highest score on the exam.

Emira: *Popping up from behind Amity* Aw, Mittens. That's impossible!

Edric: *Also popping up from behind Amity* She still needs to use a training wand to learn new spells.

AJ: Well if I'm betting on between Amity or you two, *Grins* I'm betting my life savings on Amity.

Amity lightly blushes at his statement.

Edric: Wanna make that bet?

AJ goes to say something but Amity beats him to it.

Amity: *Looking at AJ* You are not betting on anything!

AJ jolts up in surprise from her outburst.

Edric: Was... that supposed to be for me or?

Amity: *Stammers; glancing back at Edric and AJ a few time, blushing* Wha- Y-yes, it was.

Luz: But why were you-

Amity: *Raies her arms in the air* So how is that spell coming along, Luz?! Is it a powerful one?!

Luz: Yup! Powerful spells! I'm workin' on one that's so crazy! Eda's a pretty incredible teacher.

Eda: *Carrying a basket of snowballs* Luz! I shall now teach you how to identify different types of snow-by taste! *Holds out a snowball* Well go on, eat the snow. *Shoves it in Luz's face*

AJ: *Blank look* You can't be serious.

Emira: Is this some kind of... special magic?

Amity: *Finally calms down* Ahem. I don't think the Owl Lady wants to show us any of her powerful spells. *Leaves*

Eda: *Points at her mouth full of snowballs; swallows* Oooh. Brain freeze! Brain freeze!

Luz has a slightly frustrated look on her face, rubbing her temples and AJ pinches the bridge of his nose shaking his head in disappointment and embarrassment.

Emira: See you around, humans! Good luck with your, uh, training.

Edric picks up a clump of snow and tries to lick it. Emira knocks it out of his hand and drags him away.

Edric: Aw.

Edric and Luz wave to each other.

AJ: *Turns to Eda* "Testing different types of snow, by taste?!" What kind of lesson is that?!

Luz: Yeah, Eda! Can you please take this seriously?

Eda: You need to take me seriously. Go taste snow without my guidance, see where it gets you.

AJ: But when would you ever have the need to taste test snow, ever?

Eda just glares at the boy before looking to see Luz looking downcast.

Eda: Oh. *Sighs* Don't worry, kid. *Ruffles Luz's hair* If you listen to me, soon you'll be doing stuff like that.

They look at the Blights. Amity reads from Magic 101, then aims her training wand at a tree and draws a spell circle with it. The produced fireball destroys the tree. The battery light on the training wand flashes.

Eda: And it won't be with some wack training wand, it'll be the real deal. But you have to trust me, okay?

Luz: *Nods* Okay. I trust you.

Eda looks over to AJ, waiting for an answer.

AJ: *Groans; reluctantly* Fine.

Eda: We've covered snow, so now it's on to smelling moss. *Pulls moss out of her pocket* Now the trick is, *Shoves the moss up her nose* you really gotta get it up in there.

Luz's expression falls and AJ is staring at Eda in complete disbelief and his eye twitches.

He opens his mouth to say something but he feels a tap on his shoulder, he looks behind him and sees it was Amity, looking a little nervous about something.

Amity: Um, AJ?

AJ: *His expression softens* What's up?

Amity: *Blushes lightly* Are you.. busy?

AJ: Um.. *looks to see Eda still trying to shove moss up her nose, his face falls* Yes, but it's going to waste.

Amity:* Looks at Eda in complete disgust* Oh. Well I was wondering if you wanted to train with me. While Luz learns her new spell.

AJ/Luz: Really?

Amity: Yes. I want to be able to handle physical combat as well as magic attacks.

AJ and Luz look at each other a little surprised by this before looking back to Amity.

Amity: Is.. that ok with you?

AJ looks back to Luz again to see if it's ok with her. Luz nods her head ammediatly after he turned to her.

AJ: *Turns to Amity with a warm smile, punches his right fist into left palm* Sure, let's see what you got.

Amity: *Blushes brighter and smiles brightly* Great! Let's go.

She before grabbing AJ's hand and drags him to her campsite.

Amity: *Waves to Luz* Good luck with your new spell, Luz!

Luz waves back to Amity as she watches her drag AJ away and smiles. But she'd be lying if she said she wasn't a little jealous of them hanging out together.

Without her.

Eda: Uh oh. Oh man, I felt the moss go down through my throat, somehow! How did that happen?!

Luz groans.

Cut to outside of the Owl House. King is sitting on the porch holding new guy, Francois and Little Lou, looking upset .

King: This is ludicrous! I once led armies. I can lead a dang boot camp! But I have no recruits. *Looks at New Guy, Little Lou and Francois* Or do I?

Hooty: Yep! It's your faithful pal Hooty reporting for duty! Up at dawn, taking orders all day long!

King: Ugh, no! You are too desperate! *Goes inside, returns with all his toys* Role call! *Says their names as he puts them down* New Guy, Aloysius Turtle, Chip, Beefy Bob, Francois and Little Lou. *Pause, picks up both Francois and Little Lou* Oh, you're both perfect already! As for the rest of you, I'm only saying this once so listen up!

New Guy falls onto Aloysius Turtle.

King: Huh, it's no fun if they don't tremble.

The vegetables laugh, throw cooking supplies off cliff, and cheer.

King: Oh, okay, alright. *Looks between the vegetables and his toys* Yep, an idea is happening!

Cut to AJ with his bo staff in hand and Amity with her practice wand in hand, they are 10 feet away from each other ready to duel. Without cheating this time. Edric and Emira are standing on the sidelines, as the referies.

Edric: Alright, let see some hussle out there. *Creates an illusion banner with the words "Go Amity" in the air* Go Amity!

Amity narrows her eyes at him and AJ eyes are half lidded, shaking his head but he does have a smile on his face for supporting his sister.

Emira: *Swats the banner away* We're not supposed to pick favorites Ed.

Edric: Excuse me, for wanting to be a supportive older brother.

Amity and AJ look back to each other.

Amity: *Traces a magic circle with her hand, her wand holds a purple fire on the end* I'm ready when you are.

AJ: *twirls his staff* Alright, Let's do this!

They run at each other, Amity makes the first move fires a ball of purple fire at AJ, who side steps to the left, dodging the flaming ball and stabs one end of the staff to the ground.

AJ: Power Construct Jitsu!

Purple holographic squares incase the staff and sparks of purple shoot out.

The top end of the staff creates a purple disco ball, it illuminates different shades of purple light as it starts playing, You should be dancing by Bee Gees, confusing everyone, especially AJ.

Amity: Um, *Points to the music playing staff* is it supposed to be doing that?

AJ stays silent, looking up to the purple holographic disco ball spinning, listening to the music intently. He starts bobbing his head to the song as the music progressively starts to pick up.

Emira: *Notices him bobbing his head* Um, AJ? Are you ok?

Edric is bobbing his head to the music, enjoying the rhythm as well.

AJ: *Whisper singing* You should be dancing, yeah..~

Amity: AJ?

AJ gains a twinkle in his eyes and grows a goofy smile. He taps his foot to the ground as the bo staff creates an 80's style dance floor. This startles Amity and she just stands their in complete confusion.

Amity: AJ! What is going on?!

AJ is shaking his hips dancing and claps his hands once before placing them on his shaking hips.

AJ: Sorry, this is honestly my first time using my staffs mystic power!

Amity: But why are you dancing?!

AJ: When an 80's jam starts playing, the rhythms gonna get me! God, I love this song!

He starts doing the Charleston dance as the music continues playing, even Edric gets on the dance floor and starts dancing with him.

Amity just looks on with light annoyance and confusion. She soon chuckles a little at the sight of the boys dancing.

Luz rounds the corner with branches in her arms and notices the 80's music and the purple 80's style dance floor, AJ and Edric are dancing happily on.

Luz: *Gasp at the sight with a blush on her face* Best. Power. Ever.

She continues to walk away as Emira draws a magic circle, shooting out a magic whip, wrapping it around the bo staff and pulling it towards her.

The music stops and the dance floor under Amity, AJ and Edric disappears. Making both AJ and Edric stop dancing.

AJ/Edric: *Hang their arms down in disappointment* Aw..

Emira: *Drops AJ's Bo staff to the ground* Let's try something different.

Amity: Please? No more of, *Gestures to the boys* whatever that was?

AJ: Right, sorry.

Edric: It was fun while it lasted. *Leans to AJ's ear; Whispering* We're gonna do that again later right?

AJ: *Whispers back* Oh, totally.

Edric walks back over to Emira backwards, finger gunning to AJ, who finger guns back. AJ turns to Amity.

AJ: *Pulls out both katanas* Alright Amity, let's change it up a little. Power portal jitsu!

He runs forward and strikes with blue lightning leaking out of the blade, transitioning to the Knee, where Eda is sitting in front of a fire drinking out of a mug and Luz is walking out from the forest.

Luz: Ugh. Okay. I've identified the smells of three different rocks, sorted all the twigs from big to small, and found your glove, and your hand. *Lifts glove off of Eda's detached hand*

Eda: Ah, I was wondering where that thing went. *Screws her hand back on*

Luz: So what now?

Luz looks last Eda to see Amity training with AJ, Edric and Emira. Amity sends a jet of fire at Edric with the training wand. He dodges it. Emira summons an arm of snow. Amity blocks and destroys it with a shield. Amity dispels the shield and sends a wave of fire at AJ, he creates a blue portal beneath him using his katanas.

He falls through it, dodging the purple flames. A portal opens in the air behind Amity and AJ...

Flies out from the top side of the Portal, launching him in the air screaming, the Portal disappears and leaving AJ to fall face first into the snow.

Edric and Emira laugh out loud hysterically, clutching their stomachs, even Amity is covering her mouth trying to hide her giggling, she soon turns to see Luz atop of the cliff and waves to her. AJ lifts his head up out of the snow in time to see Edric using this distraction to make Amity sink in the snow until only her hand is showing, making AJ snort laughing. Luz giggles at the scene.

Eda: Hey. I know my lessons seem weird but this is what wild magic is all about! Making a connection with nature. The earliest witches understood that. Human witches need to understand it, too. You wanna learn a second spell?

Luz: With all my heart.

Eda: Then you have to learn from the island. *Guides Luz to a rock, makes her sit down* Now look.

The rock overlooks the Titan. Its Ribs are nearly the same height as the Knee, and its Skull is towering even from the opposite end of the Isles. Luz stares at the sight in awe as wind blows past her.

Eda: And think about what the island is trying to tell you. *Leaves*

Luz: *Takes deep breath* Alright, Luz. Look. Look with everything you've got. Focus. *She raises her right hand and speaks through it.*

Luz's Right Hand: Focus? On what? On you'll be stuck in the baby class?

Luz: No! Don't think like that!

Luz's Left Hand: Face it, you'll never get a second spell following Eda's lessons.

Luz: Silence, hands!

A crash gets her attention. Amity has destroyed a pillar with her training wand and AJ sitting on rock close to her with Bo staff strapped back on.

Emira: *Offscreen* Amity! AJ! Dinner's ready!

Edric: *Offscreen* I caught a bat!

Amity: Edric, don't eat that.

AJ: *Stands* Nah, let him. He learned once, I'm sure he can do it again. No offense.

Amity chuckles silently, she puts her book and wand into her tent, before walks over to her older siblings. But she notices AJ walking in the other direction.

Amity: You're gonna come and eat?

AJ: No thanks, I'm gonna go check and see how Luz is doing. It's been a while since we separated.

Amity: Ok then. *Waves to him; walking away* See you later.

AJ: *Waves back* See ya later. *Leaves*

Luz: If I wanna be in the same class as Amity and AJ, I'm gonna need to learn magic like Amity.

Luz's Left Hand: Great work, Luz!

Luz: Shh! I don't need your validation.

Cut to the Owl House's kitchen.

King: Military discipline, cooking! Ha, I truly am a demon for all seasons! *Pours the potion from earlier on his toys, except Francois and Little Lou* Just a dash of Eda's secret sauce and I'm the creator of life!

The toys' arms start moving.

King: Yes, yes, yes! My loyal recruits!

The toys all stand on two feet.

King: Welcome to boot camp! You sure need it. Look at you: raggedy, pathetic, chewed on, you got a button hangin' off of your eye. Pathetic! But I'll mold you worms into... slightly... better kinds of worms. Your first mission: gimme snacks! Your commander is hungry, so pick it up!

Aloysius Turtle, Chip, and Beefy Bob walk in the direction King pointed, while New Guy walks the other way.

King: *Smacks New Guy* Hey, Private Dingdong, snacks are that-a-way! You better shape up recruit, you're in my boot camp now.

New Guy's eyes flash red.

Cut to the Knee, where Edric is holding a bat. Emira and Amity glare at him.

Emira: Ed, give me the bat.

Edric: No! If we're not gonna eat it, I wanna keep it as a pet! *Runs off*

Emira and Amity follow after him.

Emira: Get back here before that thing bites you!

Luz sneaks into the Blights' tent and takes Amity's wand and book. She goes to a ledge near her and Eda's tent, where she kneels down and opens the book. Inside is a drawing Amity made.

Luz: Huh. Her crosshatching has improved.

She moves Amity's drawing to show a page titled "Fireball." Under an image of a witch casting the spell is the word "FOCUS" written in runes.

Luz: Oh man, oh man. *Stands and draws a circle with the wand; gasps* Yes!

She shoots the fireball off. It explodes like a firework.

Luz: I did magic! I did magic! *Jumps in place* Without drawing anything! This thing is the coolest!

Eda: Hold it right there.

Luz turns to see Eda with a disappointed glare and AJ standing next to her.

AJ: Luz, What are you doing with Amity's training wand?

Luz: I'm doing magic. What would you have me do, Eda? Eat more snow? Lick a rock?

Eda: *Pauses as AJ glares at her* Okay, so maybe my methods are... unique, but so is your magic. Connecting to the island can help you. That wand can't.

Luz: Well, it's already helped me. Just watch what I can do!

She draws out another spell circle. The power bar on the wand flashes a low battery bar. Luz loses control of the fireball.

Luz: Wh... whoa!

AJ: Luz, point it to the groun-

Before he could finish, the fireball goes off further into the Knee. When it lands, birds fly off and the Slitherbeast growls in the distance. Eda gasps. The Slitherbeast jumps over the trees, landing in front of them. A large patch of it's fur has been burned off over its mouth. The Slitherbeast roars at the three, baring it's teeth and revealing blue eyes in it's mouth.

Eda: *Summons her staff* You've angered the Slitherbeast!

The Slitherbeast stalks around them in a circle.

Luz: Will it accept a heartfelt apology?

AJ stands in front of Luz, protectively. The Slitherbeast sniffs and sees the still smoldering-tip of Amity's training wand. It growls and runs at Luz, who screams.

Eda: *Shoves Luz and AJ out of the way* Watch out!

The Slitherbeast grabs Eda making her drop her staff. She screams and strains. The Slitherbeast roars at her.

Luz/AJ: Eda!

Amity: Guys!

The Blights arrive.

Edric: What did we miss?

Amity: And what are you doing with my wand?

Luz: Um...

Amity takes her wand and her book and holds them protectively.

Emira: Mittens, we've got bigger problems.

AJ: She right. *Pulls KF out, it comes to life letting out it's signature gremlin laugh*

The Slitherbeast advances on them, Eda still held in one claw. It growls at them.

Emira: *Running in front of Luz, AJ and Amity* Aw, he's so cute. Can we keep him?

Edric: *Runs up with Emira* It's no bat, but we could try.

Edric and Emira both cast a lasso at the Slitherbeast's hands. It growls and pulls at the bonds, Edric and Emira struggle to keep hold.

AJ: Let us give you a hand! *Jumps up on a rock and jumps up above the Slitherbeast* Mystic whip grip!

KF laughs again wrapping around the Slitherbeast's body and arms, AJ pulls himself down and slams the Slitherbeast to the ground.

Eda: You got it! Now finish it off!

Amity: I'm on it! *Runs forward and tries to cast with her wand, but it fails* What? *She smacks the wand against her hand, then notices the low battery light. She turns to Luz* Did you use this all up?

Luz: I... I didn't know!

Emira: Come on, Luz!

Edric: Do those powerful spells you were talking about!

Luz: But I don't actually... know any.

AJ: Guys, focus! It could-

The Slitherbeast growls and is straining KF to the point it starts screaming from the beasts force.

AJ: KF!!

AJ makes KF retreat, freeing the Slitherbeast. It yanks Emira and Edric into the snow next to Amity and flings AJ off it's back.

Amity: Edric! Emira!

The Slitherbeast picks up the Blights, but Amity falls through.

Amity: No!

The Slitherbeast puts Edric and Emira into the claw holding Eda and runs off. The captured witches yell as the Slitherbeast goes. Amity and Luz follow them for a bit, then stop, panting.

AJ: KF! Are you ok?

They turn to see AJ on his knees holding KF, it has a pained look on it's face as AJ rubs it's chains soothingly. AJ still has a frightened look on his face after what the Slitherbeast did. Amity and Luz look to him in worry.

Cut to the Owl House living room, where King's toys have loaded up the couch with snacks. King is sitting in the middle of it all with Francois and Little Lou sitting next to him.

King: Yep, keep 'em coming. *To Aloysius Turtle* And don't forget the pretzels this time. *Takes bag of chips and opens it* Running a boot camp is tough work, but as my second-in-command and left hand man, you both deserve this.

King dumps the chips onto Francois and Little Lou. New Guy watches them fall and tries to reach for one.

King: Hey, hey! Private New Guy! You're not privy to snacking privileges, back away!

New Guy's eyes glow red again, this time not fading back to blue. He walks off the arm of the couch without breaking eye contact with King.

King: *Yawns* Leading this boot camp has tuckered a little guy out, so Sergeant King signing off.

King puts a night cap on Francois, Little Lou, which covers the top half of his body, and himself, shutting his eyes. A shadow looming over him.

King: *Opens eyes* Excuse me?

New Guy is towering over King on the couches arm rest, his eyes glowing brighter.

King: Could you maybe turn down those eyeballs? Trying to sleep.

He closes his eyes again. More shadows fall over him. King opens his eyes. All of the animated toys are now looming over him, their eyes glowing. Beefy Bob pulls New Guy's string.

New Guy: Don't you want a hug?

King: *Hugs Francois and Little Lou* Ah!

Cut to the Knee, where Luz and Amity is looking back to trees shaking as the Slitherbeast runs through them.

Luz: What do we do?

Amity: I am going after them. You are staying here.

Luz: But the beast has Eda!

Amity: *Advances on Luz* And because of you, it also has my brother and sister! Now stay put. *Pauses* You'll only get hurt.

She draws a circle in the air. A matching circle appears on the ground around Luz. With a flick of Amity's hand, a cage rises from the circle on the ground.

AJ: *Watching their whole exchange before turning back to KF* Get some rest bud. I don't want you to get hurt either.

KF smiles weakly, nodding it's head. KF retreat back to it's handle as it's flaming head extinguishes.

AJ stands up, holstering KF before running up to Amity.

Luz: AJ! Please get me out of here! I can help!

AJ: *Turns to her* Luz, please. Just stay here, while we go get the others.

Luz gasp silently at this.

AJ: I'm sorry. *turns to Amity* Let's roll.

Amity nods. They both run after the Slitherbeast, leaving Luz trapped in the cage.

Luz: Amity! AJ! Wait! *Gets shocked by Amity's cage* Stupid island. *Kicks rock* Ugh! Ow. * Takes a seat on the rock, looks at the Titan's Skull* You were supposed to teach me magic.

She looks up, where clouds are parting to reveal stars. Snow is beginning to fall.

Luz: But I'll never learn more than this.

She pulls a notepad and a pencil from her pocket and draws a light glyph. She activates it and watches as it flies into the sky. Stars blink above.

Luz: Wait. Is that...

The stars form a constellation in the form of her light glyph. She traces the outer ring with her finger.

Luz: ...a light glyph? But what does that mean?

A snowflake lands on her glove. She looks at it, seeing a pattern in the center before it melts.

Luz: Whoa.

Determined, she grabs a stick. She breaks a twig off of it and catches another snowflake.

Luz: It means... magic is a gift from the island. It means...

She draws the glyph from the snowflake into the snow with the twig, adding a diamond to the bottom. She taps the glyph on the ground, backing away when a small pillar of ice rises from it.

Luz: ...magic is everywhere.

Luz grabs the bigger stick and replicates the ice glyph, this time the entire size of the cage.

Luz: Magic is everywhere!

She jumps off the rock and activates the giant glyph. The resulting ice pillar grows taller than the cage, launching her through the air.

Luz: Whoooo-aaah! *Lands in the snow* My second spell! *Pops out* Thank you, snow! Thank you, island! Thank you, Eda. *Pauses* Eda! I have to save her. *She gets out of her hole and runs*

Cut to outside of the Owl House. Hooty is listening to loud music through his new headphones, AJ gave him.

King: *From inside* Hey! How dare you mutiny! Unhand your commander right now! Ah! *Is thrown through a window with Francois and Little Lou* I gave you life, I can take it away!

Arrows and knives land around King, startling him.

King: Ah!

Hooty knocks headphones off.

King: *Rolls over, stands* Hooty, Hooty! Great news, buddy, you can be in the boot camp! *Points at Hooty* First task: destroy the boot camp.

Hooty: Hmmmm, *Turns away from him* no thanks!

King: What? But you begged to join!

Hooty: Sorry. You said I was desperate, so now I'm playing hard to get. *Spins his head upside down*

King: *Grunts* Grrr! What do you want?!

Hooty: I don't know. What are you offering?

King: Hmm... *Holds up piece of chalk*

Cut to a body now drawn around Hooty, so that he's the face.

Hooty: Wow, this is incredible! It's so real! You got yourself a deal! *Opens door* Hooooot!

Hooty rips apart King's toys. Stuffing, a button, and an arm land at his feet as he watches from the doorway in shock with Francois and Little Lou in hand.

King: This day shall live in infamy.

New Guy's head is thrown against the door frame. King covers his, Francois and Little Lou's eyes but peaks both his and his toys eyes watching Hooty do his work.

Cut to the Knee, where Luz runs out of some trees. Growling is heard from a cave obscured with fog. Inside the cave, the Slitherbeast spits purple goop at the wall. It shoves Eda, Emira, and Edric against it. The goop closes around their torsos. The Slitherbeast hops away.

Emira: Don't worry. We'll be fine!

Skeletons drop from the ceiling, sliding down the boulder in front of them.

Edric: No, we're gonna die.

Luz: That's right. *Pops up with a skull over her face* Death is here. *Lifts skull and tosses it* Just kidding, Luz is here!

Eda: Kid, get outta here! I'm just gonna sneak away when the thing starts eating the twins.

Emira: Wait, what?

Edric lets out an offended gasp.

Luz: Don't worry, Eda, I get it now. I was so obsessed with learning my second spell, I didn't listen to you. But now I'm gonna save you! *Jumps away* Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Eda: Well, at least I got to see her misplaced confidence one last time.

Cut to Amity and AJ peeking around a boulder with serious expressions. Luz pops up under them with a similar expression. Amity notices Luz and her expression becomes shocked.

Amity: Luz!

AJ: *Notices her too* Luz?!

Luz: *Grinning* Hello!

They both duck behind the boulder.

Amity: H-how did you get past the barrier?

Luz: Magic! Literally!

AJ: *Points to her and goes to lecture her* You... *Lowers his hand* You got out on your own?

Luz: *Places a fist on her chest in pride* I sure did! But for now, forget that, because you guys and I are gonna have to work together if we want to save everyone. Okay, here's what we're gonna do. *Whispers to them her plan, making AJ eyes widen and gasp excitedly*

The Slitherbeast returns. It sprinkles assorted seasonings on Edric, Emira, and Eda's heads.

Eda: *Sneezes* Ugh, I hate garlic.

AJ: *Throws a rock at the Slitherbeast catching it's attention* Hey! Why don't you pick on someone smaller than you?! *Grins; Folds his arms as wings and flaps them* Or are you just big ole' fury chicken?!

The Slitherbeast turns and roars at him. AJ runs away, making it jump and run after him. Amity climbs up to her siblings and Eda.

Edric: Amity!

Emira: Use that fire spell we taught you!

Amity: But I can't do it without the wand!

Emira: Yes, you can. Just focus.

Amity: Okay.

She slowly traces a spell circle in front of her. It wavers when she concentrates, but a ball of pink fire appears after a moment and she smiles proudly.

Emira: Cool. I didn't think you could actually do it.

Amity melts the three of them free. AJ screams in the distance.

Amity: AJ!

Cut to AJ running and dodging the Slitherbeast and runs out of the cave. He looks over to Luz finishing an ice glyph on the ground. Luz sees AJ and the Slitherbeast coming her away.

Luz: AJ! *Waves to him* Over here!

AJ sprints faster as the Slitherbeast continues to follow him until AJ runs up to Luz with there backs up to a tree. It is growling loudly.

Luz: Cold soup!

Luz steps on a huge ice glyph drawn into the snow. Luz and AJ ducks away from the rising pillar of ice. The ice launches the Slitherbeast into the air, it lands hard on its back.

Everyone else runs out of the cave. The Slitherbeast rights itself, screeches at the witches, and runs at them.

Eda: You want me to teach you kids-

She is cut off by music playing from AJ's glowing bo staff, he now has in hand and bobbing his head. The Slitherbeast turns back to the human boy, roars at him and charges towards him.

He hops backwards dodging a slash from the Slitherbeast as a few purple shields appear a few times as he twirls his staff, protecting him a few of the beasts attacks.

He ducks under the last slash as he holds his staff outward from behind him, the staff creates a holographic fist on one end of it. The fist clenches, turning to the side as purple flames shoot out from it's wrist like a rocket.

The Slitherbeast roars as it goes to slash at the boy again, but AJ ducks from it's attack, tossing his staff in the air letting the staff to rocket punch the Slitherbeast back, leaving a punch print of it's face.

AJ slides under the Slitherbeast, taps his bo staff on its hinde legs, trapping them in giant purple mystic hand cuffs. Once he finally slides past the Slitherbeast he stands back up still bobbing his head with a smug grin, the Slitherbeast tries to turn and charge at AJ but trips itself to the ground from the purple cuffs.

The Blight twins watch on astonished by AJ's fight with the Slitherbeast as Eda watches on with pride, Luz watches on with excitement and stars in her eyes and Amity watches with a small smile and impressed by his performance.

Eda: *To the Blight* I taught him that.

Amity: *Not looking away* No you didn't.

AJ: Mystic construct jitsu! *He jabs on end of his staff to the ground*

A purple platform sends him flying up into the air, he creates two rockets on both ends of his staff, they point in different directions as they both ignite spinning the staff in place.

The Slitherbeast finally chews through the purple cuffs, it looks up to see AJ in the air, roars at him and jumps after him.

AJ: Rocket launching, like a boss!

He sends the double rocket staff to the Slitherbeast and one rocket hits it's head. They pause for a moment before purple fire shooting out from the rockets burn bigger and brighter, spinning the staff faster than before, finally sending the Slitherbeast into spiraling fall, back to the ground knocking it out unconscious.

AJ falls to the ground as well, landing in soft snow. He climbs out if the AJ sized whole as his bo staff Flys back towards him, he catches it as the rockets dissappears and creates a replica of his phone on a selfie stick.

AJ: *Pretends to take a selfie of him and the unconscious Slitherbeast* Nailed it!

Luz runs up and hugs his neck.

Luz: That's my boyfriend! *Runs up to Eda dragging AJ* Eda, did you see? *Let's go of AJ* I learned my second spell! I made the connection! And did you see what AJ did?

Eda: I saw. *Ruffles Luz's and AJ'S hair* Nice work, kiddos.

Amity: 'Boyfriend? Their together?' *She thought saddened and a little heart broken*

Emira: *Sighs* You showed some real bravery in there, sis.

Edric: Yeah, nice work, kiddo. *Ruffles Amity's hair*

Amity: Grr, stop! *Fixes her hair*

AJ: Hey Eda, thanks for teaching me that cuff move. *Grins* I guess not all your lessons are random.

Eda: No probles, kid. *To Amity* And HA!

Luz: *Whispers to AJ* She stole your line.

AJ: *Whispers back* Catchphrases are free game.

Amity: *Groans a little before walking over to Luz and AJ* So it looks like we'll be in the same class.

Luz: Azura Book Club? Azura Book Club?!

Amity: *Blushing; whispering* As long as it's a secret club, okay?

Edric: It's not a secret!

Emira: We're gonna tell everyone!

Amity sighs disappointedly.

AJ: *Points his staff at the twins* Tell anyone and I rocket punch your faces.

They put their hands up in surrender. Eda sneezes between them, making them jump.

AJ: *Backs away pulling Luz with him* Ew! Cover your mouth!

Eda: Chill out, *Snorts a laugh; to herself* I'm a natural joke menace. Anyway, your adorable banter is literally making me sick. Let's go home already.

Luz: On it, teach!

Luz draws another ice glyph and activates it. This one is a diagonal pillar of ice that sends them flying, the three cheer.

Emira: I think we can go the normal way. *The trio walk off*

Amity looks back to the three flying away, specifically AJ and Luz with a slightly saddened look for a moment before looking forward and continue walking away.

Cut to the Owl House, where stuffing is raining down in the living room.

King: Private Hooty, today when the felt flew you showed grit and determination that were instrumental in securing our victory. May I just say, it has been an honor, to be your commander.

Hooty: Sir, the honor is all mine.

King: Private, *Hugs Hooty* our hearts have been touched by fire, and-

Eda: Ahem! *In the doorway with Luz and AJ, who both look around at the mess* What the heck did you two get into?

King: Um, excuse me? We're having a moment here!

Hooty: You'll never understand what we've been through together! Never! Never!

King: *Walks away* Ugh, moment ruined.

Hooty: I will be haunted by my actions forever. Hoot hoot!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 153 19
Just a little collection of oneshots from The Owl House!!! Rules are stated in the first chapter so please read before requesting Disclaimer: I don't...
107K 3.1K 40
Eda has, or had, a best friend, Reagen L/N, Reagen was the most powerful witch in the boiling isles until one day he met a terrible fate, leaving his...
2K 107 12
This is my first story on Wattpad,so it's definitely not going to be amazing or perfect,but nevertheless,i'm going to enjoy writing this story about...
17.8K 213 14
It was a frenzied period of transition for everyone in the Boiling Isles. Belos was dead, the Day of Unity crisis was averted, the covens fell into d...