Fire Nation: The Selection

بواسطة Xxrscxx

When Prince Zuko fails to capture the avatar but was able to return home when informing the Fire Lord. His un... المزيد

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty-Two

Epilogue

771 32 7
بواسطة Xxrscxx

3 year later....

"Lets go find your mommy," Zuko lifted up his son into his arms. The boy giggled before throwing his arms around his father attempting to hug him.

He was currently walking through the halls into the palace as he admired his environment. Its been 3 years since they got married and moved into the palace. Katara has changed a lot of the interior design which he was thankful for. He no longer had to feel trapped, confused or frustration trying to relive his childhood memories in these same halls. Many people didn't like the incorporation of water tribe interior but if it matched the palace's color he wouldn't  care. Katara was the FireLady and she had every right to change the interior. 

His thoughts interrupted him as he bumped into someone. He focused his eyes as he gave an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry Arui, I wasn't looking where I was going,"

The girl shook her head, "No, its okay I was distracted trying to find my mother and brothers," She looked over and poked at the little boy's nose as he stuck out his tongue. She was always good with children Zuko thought to himself.

"I think I overhead Zhilan trying to get them to take a bath," He explained as she sighed. She was now a teenager. She was growing up to be a bright girl. 3 years ago, Zhilan felt a connection with Arui and two little boys. They were actually all siblings as Arui was the eldest sister of the twins. Her mother passed away after their birth and her father felt ill a couple years back.

The other girl which was already adopted Mitsuko sometimes came to visit her in the palace as she too was in such a happy place. Katara was very fond of them and often invited both to tea.

She excused herself as she took off the other direction, "I should go help her since those two can be such a hassle," She explained.

Zuko had insisted Zhilan no longer work as staff member. She was always like a mother to him and it felt wrong having her still assist him like any other maid. Peng still kept his position as a guard and became a body guard for the couple.

"Daddy," The little boy spoke up trying to get the firelord's attention.

Zuko looked at him, "Yes? Lu Ten?" The boy leaned closer and whispered something in his ears. He didn't understand anything but nodded as he continued the walk to the garden.

The sunlight hit the doors leading to the outdoor. He took a step outside and looked around. There she was looking ahead at some flowers with their daughter in her arms, "Katara," He called setting the little boy down and she turned to make eye contact with.

He felt a chilled down his spine. It felt like he has relieve this exact moment but it couldn't be— he never pictured this very moment to be exact.

"Zuko?" Katara tilt her head a bit confused.

He shook his head walked towards his wife. Lu Ten ran towards the flowers seemingly interested in picking them.

"Its nothing," he brushed off giving a kiss on her lips, "How's my little girl doing," He softly pinched her cheeks as she smiled in return.

"Varo finished eating not that long ago," Katara answered before turning her attention to Lu Ten, "Don't get your clothes dirty we are expecting Uncle Sokka and Aunt Suki in a bit," She exclaimed as the little boy sighed.

"Speaking about our visitors," Zuko started as he took Varo into his arms while Katara lifted up Lu Ten, "Aang is coming with them along with his wife,"

"How about Toph?"

Zuko pursed his lips, "I never received an answer but knowing her she would show up without telling us," He chuckled.

Katara giggled as she nodded her head in agreement,"Last I heard she was busy with the academy ever since she started up a few years back,"

"I feel bad for those enrolled," He commented receiving an eye roll from his wife, "Aang told me that she was always a harsh teacher,"

"If I recalled correctly— you were pretty strict and bad tempered while you were Aang's teacher," She teased.

The Firelord rolled his eyes, "He wouldn't listen or put effort," He exclaimed as the two began to walk inside, "Once the war was done he didn't feel pressured to master the elements,"

"I don't blame him," Katara shrugged, "We never got to just relax and act like kids during the war,"

Zuko stopped on his tracks as he took a moment to think about it. She was right. Both lost their childhood from the war, "If we weren't in a war the Selection would of been later," He explained.

Katara gave him a puzzled looked, "The previous firelord started his at the age of 23 since a majority of the years before contain of a lot of training and studies. And it was odd how mostly the women participated were always younger.  Varo was the youngest in our selection and realistically she shouldn't had been able to enter," He didn't know about their ages until he questioned her and soon after just kept her around since it would of been platonic.

"Your uncle probably didn't check the ages since he was just trying to get it started," Katara reasoned, "Varo did look a bit like we could of been the same age she was just a bit short,"

"I never really did feel any other romantic feelings towards the other girls. I remember feeling pressured to find the perfect Firelady," He admitted nervously, "It was always you who I had my eyes on since the beginning,"

Katara raised an eyebrow, "Oh really?" She teased as he nodded, "Well if we are being honest," She started, "I also found you attractive when we first met. Didn't help that you were so kind and awkward," She smiled at the memory.

He mentally cringed as all four of them finally entered into the main rooms. He sat down with Varo as Katara sat down Lu Ten.

"I don't remember how I first approached you but its for the best," He commented receiving an eyeroll from his wife, "I lack social awareness,"

"FireLord Zuko and FireLady Katara," A servant has entered the room grabbing both their attentions, "Chief Sokka of the Water Tribe and his wife have arrived along with Avatar Aang and his wife," The man stepped aside as the four entered the room.

The couple got up as they greeted one another, "Suki! You are with child," Katara squeal as she hugged the warrior.

"I don't know how you did it. I feel like I am constantly tired," She whined before sitting down on the sofa, "Sokka isn't really the best to comfort me," She sighed.

Katara narrowed her eyes at her older brother as he gave Zuko a side hug, "You try living with a dramatic Suki. I am starting to grow gray hair because of the stress she puts me through,"

"Katara never stressed me out," Zuko bragged receiving an eyeroll from the chief.

"Lu Ten! Your favorite uncle is here," Sokka announced pushing everyone aside as he hugged his nephew.

"Geez, I thought I was his favorite uncle," Aang sighed before helping his wife sit down beside the other girls.

Katata hugged the woman, "How have you been? On-Jin," She was a still bit shy towards the royal couple but each time they visit she was slowly getting used to it.

" I have been good. Aang and I recently went to the Western Air Temple for the restoration project," She explained.

FireLord Zuko called over the governess as he handed her Varo, "Shes asleep and I don't want her waking up," He informed her as she excused herself with the baby.

"Actually, I wanted your assistant, " Aang turned over at Zuko, "The Earth King wants to settle the lands that were taken over by the FireNation,"

Zuko crossed his hands, "I don't think I can remove my people since families have formed within the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom,"

Katara nodded, "How would that even work? We would be separating families,"

The sound of the door creaked open, "If I knew you guys were talk about politics I should of skipped this gathering," Toph entered the room as she crossed her arms.

"I knew you would of made it," Katara smiled as she got up to give her a small hug, "We haven't seen you for some time," She scolded at the earth bender.

"I came here a couple months ago," She remarked before  acknowledging everyone else in the room, "I don't think we met before," She started as she looked at On-Jin, "Its nice to meet you,"

On-Jin smiled, "You are very pretty, I will never understand why Aa-" She was cut off by her husband.

"Ignore that," He remarked, "I would like to not be reminded of it," He sighed as Toph rolled her eyes.

"I didn't want to settle down," She shrugged, "I still don't if I'm being honest,"

The FireLord tried to hold in his laughter as he knew only Toph could embarrassed Aang. Their relationship ended in good terms and mutual understanding from what Katara had explained to him. The two were still newly-weds and Toph wasn't able to make it to the wedding since she confused the dates and ended up showing up at the palace a week after.

"Hey Toph! Say Hi to Lu-Ten," Sokka exclaimed with the toddler in his arms, "He's so cute and is looking a bit like me,"

"Oh yeah because I totally know how you look like," She remarked.

"I think Lu-Ten looks like Zuko," Suki announced, "Only his skin tone and face shape is like Katara the rest is Zuko," She explained.

"I think Varo looks more like Katara," Zuko stated before taking a seat with his wife besides him, "Don't you think?"

"She does have my eye color," Katara smiled to herself.

"Where is Zhilan?" Suki questioned.

"She was giving the twins a bath and knowing how does two are I doubt she would want to join us," Zuko explained, "They tend to drain her energy,"

"Another reason I don't want to settle down just yet," Toph remarked before taking a seat down. She crossed her arms, "I can't believe Zhilan agreed to take those twins because I wouldn't be able to handle it,"

Katara rolled her eyes, "The twins weren't chaotic at first I think they are just at that age where they are vocal and energize plus they get proper meals," She explained remembering when they first came into the palace at the age of 5.

Sokka stopped playing with Lu Ten as the governess had to take him away for his dinner, "Say goodbye to your uncles and aunts," The older woman stated as the little boy waved before leaving with her.

"If my child is well behave like Lu Ten then I will be happy," Suki commented as Toph agreed.

Zuko sighed, "He has his moments but for the most part he's very calm and quiet,"

"Just like his father," Sokka commented, "With out luck our child will be loud and chaotic like Katara and I," He sighed before joining his wife onto the couch.

Katara narrowed her eyes, "I have always been mature," She retorted.

"But if it weren't for Zuko's genetics Lu Ten would of been like a mini version of you and I don't think you can handle yourself," Sokka exclaimed causing the group to sigh.

Aang got up, "Please don't start," He insisted helping up his wife, "Is the food ready? I am very hungry,"

The Firelord got up as he nodded leading their family into the grand dining hall, "I believed the food would be brought out once we are all settled," He held on to Katara's hand, "The chef wanted to make different dishes since we are all part of different nations,"

"Plus Aang is vegan," Katara added as she sent the avatar a smile, "Its so rare you guys are all here," She noted before opening the door.

Everyone walked in and took a seat onto the dining table. Zuko had called on the servants as they immediately began to sat down plates of dishes.  He instructed them calmly not wanting to rush them since they tend to have the habit to.

As everyone was finally settled they waited for Zuko to take the first bite, "Why do I have to take the first bite," He whined before receiving eye rolls.

"Just do it—I'm starving," Sokka exlaimed looking at his brother-in-law closely, "Plus you are royalty,"

Katara nodded in agreement, "Its custom and you know it," She shrugged as he sighed taking a small bite.

"As FireLord I plan to change that for the next time we eat like this," He admitted bluntly not liking the full attention on him, "Kat is better at that kind of stuff," he extended his arm out as he held her hand. He pressed it softly quickly grabbing her attention as she looked at him and gave him a smile.

The two looked over at the group watching them eat but have their own conversations among themselves, "This is our future, " Katara whispered to him.

"Thanks to you for falling inlove with me," He answered back, "Your intentions in the selection may have not been good but I am glad you did it anyways, "

Katara felt a bit embarrassed knowing that she was blushing towards his comments.

"A tribe, a kingdom, a nation and a nomad in one room,"

The End

A/n
I must say that I didn't expect this book to drag out but am I surprised not really. I want to thank everyone who just started reading this and those who have been waiting for updates. I know for a while it seem I have left the book since it was months of no update but I do want to atleast finish it before disappearing for a few months or working on whatever else I am doing.

This book was started back in 2018 and I truly apologize for finishing it 5 years later but if I am doing the math correctly I was still in highschool and now I'm in my third year of college. Life is very busy and was chaotic asf my first year of college because of the pandemic. I am in a place where I am just vibing and having more time to myself and coming back on here reading fanficition.

Will I write another Zutara book? I have no idea. These ideas come up to me so randomly that there's no certain response whether I can just pop up one day with a new story or just be a casual reader.

But anyways, thank you for reading this story of Katara and Zuko because to this day I am salty they aren't together but thats a discussion for another day.

-RC

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

213K 5.6K 40
Lady (Y/N) was exiled along with her best friend, prince Zuko. She has conflicted feelings about hunting the Avatar, since she wants the war to end...
346K 8.4K 37
Kira is a noble's daughter and a firebender, she has been engaged to prince Zuko since they were young to be his concubine. When the fire nation's pr...
1.1K 16 8
In a world where the Yingyin suppresses bending abilities, Katara, the last waterbender of the Southern Water Tribe, is unexpectedly betrothed to Pri...
342K 9K 28
Katara is captured at a young age by the Fire Nation. She was brought across the sea to the Fire Nation capital. Only to find the Fire Lord and his f...