He's the demon king?

By Nami-San18

"Iruma Suzuki", a seemingly young boy was adopted by a demon by the same of Sullivan. For someone who's lived... More

-Prologue-
Episode 1: Hell of an Entrance Ceremony.
Episode 3: Familiar Summons

Episode 2: Unwanted Attention

222 12 1
By Nami-San18

"Oji-chan..."

Iruma looked at his grandfather with sad sunken eyes. He trembled slightly as he stood at Sullivan's desk.

'He's angry...'

Sullivan's face was dark as he looked down at the photo's of the fight.

'What would people think of the principal's grandson getting into a fight on the first day of school!!' Iruma panicked internally. He didn't want Sulivan to be angry, especially since he's someone called the 'Future Demon King'.

"Sit down Iruma." Sullivan ordered as he pointed to a lounge chair within the room. 'Oh he's really angry!!' Iruma hesitantly nodded and sat down. He looked uneasy and felt the need to apologize for his actions.

"I-I'm sorry! It's the first day and-!" He began in defense only to be cut off by Sullivan.

"Iruma..."

Iruma flinched at the call of his name and held his head down in fear.

"I am so..."

"Disappointed I kno-"

"Proud of You!"

.

.

.

"HUH?" Iruma's head shot up and he looked at Sullivan, who was smiling to himself, with a face of pure confusion.

"P-Proud?? You're proud of...me?" Iruma stuttered in bewilderment. Why would Sulivan be proud of him, surely he was joking. He got into a fight for goodness sake!

"Of course! To be able to defeat a demon of his caliber without using any direct magic is amazing and praiseworthy."

"..So you're not mad at me?" Iruma's voice was hopeful as he spoke. His eyes were wide and full of wonder as he looked at Sullivan.

"Goodness no! In fact I'm very pleased." Sullivan gave a loving smile.

Iruma was still confused but smiled to himself. He was happy. He messed up and for the first time was acknowledged by someone. Iruma felt his heartbeat finally relax since coming to this world.

'Maybe living here isn't so bad...' He thought with a smile.

"Oh, it has already been printed in the school paper!" Sullivan exclaimed excitedly, dancing around at the information board.

'It what?!' Iruma's thoughts screamed as his head darted to the board. Once again his heartbeat began to thump loudly, his anxiety screaming. The boy began panicking once again as he read the contents of the page.

[Honor student Iruma recites a forbidden spell at the opening ceremony. He also defeated the top ranked student on the same day!]

["He's insane!" Second year student comments.]

["His power is unmatched!" Says a first year student.]

["He just might become king of the whole school!"]

The comments made Iruma's nerves worsen. What would the teachers think? How will this affect his studies here? Are more people going to try and fight him!? The more he thought about it the worse the scenarios in his head became. If this happens...

He'd never get that peaceful school life!

Iruma sulked and sat on the floor in silence. Silently contemplating if going to school really was the right choice. His life has always been misfortunate, twenty-four bear attacks, almost drowning seventeen times, getting lost in caves five times, being chased by men in black twenty two times and having danced with death itself two hundred and eighty- eight times. His life has never been this calm before. He wanted to experience what it was like to go to school and have friends and surprisingly enough, a demon school seems like the perfect fit for him.

Pointed ears, sharp nails and k-nines, the sudden memory of wings etched into the back of his mind.

He had...wings?

He did, didn't he?

"Oji-chan I-" Iruma began to speak as the office door swung open. In came Asmodeus Alice, the demon that tried to fight Iruma early this morning.

Iruma inwardly sighed but took it as an opportunity.

'I can finally apologize properly now!'

The demon walked forward rapidly and abruptly knelt to the ground in front of Iruma. You could imagine the confusion Iruma had as Asmodeus began to speak.

"In the match earlier, I was at an advantage yet still lost, I humbly accept my defeat to you. You gracefully danced around my attacks and saved the life of several students who were placed in harm's way because of my carelessness,"

Iruma's once heavy heart began to feel light as the demon spoke.

"On top of that you carried me all the way to the infirmary and stayed until I got treated, you have my sincerest gratitude. And so, according to demonic law, section 66, article 6, The loser belongs solely to the winner,"

'...Huh?' Iruma's happiness was replaced with confusion and growing anxiety.

"I submit myself to you Iruma-sama! Together we will rule this school with an iron fist. Let's make all the freshmen kneel and bend their will under your command!" With such a happy expression you'd think he was giving a gift to his lover when in truth he plans to make the students of this school loyal subjects and submit themselves to a being that isn't sure what he even is.

'Insane.' Iruma thought. 'This guy is totally insane!'

"Who is our first target!" The pink demon shouts with a sinister grin.

"Iruma- kun, I'm going to upload this photo to the school's web page!" Sullivan exclaims, flowers practically dancing around him.

"Nonononnono! There's no need for that!"

And so That is how fourteen year old Iruma Suzuki gained his very first subordinate.

***

"You won't leave me right?" His voice was shaky as he spoke, tears streaming down his face as his lips trembled.

"I will not leave you." A calm voice responded.

"You'll stay by my side?"

"I will stay by your side." The voice reassured him.

"You won't leave...?" His voice broke.

"I will not leave you." The voice reassured him once more.

"Please don't leave me Vasariah..." He cried.

"I will never leave you and serve you wholeheartedly, my lord."

--

Iruma awoke in tears, his sapphire blue eyes glittered like jewels as he frantically tried to wipe the tears away. Most people don't wake up in tears right?

'He's back...' Iruma thought back to the dream, having seen that person more than once. Several times actually. The same boy appears over and over again.

"I still don't know who he is..."

Long blue hair and an outfit of white and gold. He had pretty white wings but horns and a long leathery tail. What was he? Not a demon but definitely not an angel either. He usually appears when something is going to happen, good or bad.

"Hopefully it's good this time...lately my little bit of luck has begun to run out." Iruma let out a long sigh and fell back onto his bed, silently thinking about the dreams he's been getting.

The first time that guy appeared was when he was four. When they met they were in a city above the clouds, Iruma thought the place was beautiful but the boy thought otherwise. He said it was like a prison made for him. A place of no escape.

Now that he's recalled the memory...the boy was always chained down when something bad happened and the chains were gone when it was good.

"That's it!" He shot up.

"This guy is warning me about the dangers ahead! Then...was he changed down this time?" Iruma placed a hand on his chin, desperately trying to recall if there were chains but to no avail. His perfect memory proceeded to fail him for the first time.

"It's no use, I really can't remember..."

Disappointed Iruma begrudgingly got prepared for school, he did his best to remember but it was like the memory ceased to exist. This was a sign. A sign the day would end in a total nightmare.

'Maybe we avoid school all together...' He nodded in agreement to the thought. School would only stress him out.

"Good morning, Iruma-kun~" Sullivan's voice called out from behind the bedroom door. The older demon pushed it open with a bright smile on his face. He ran over to Iruma who smiled and greeted him back, hoisting him up into his arms and squeezing him in a hug.

"Let's have breakfast together!!"

Iruma was still upset from inability to remember his dream clearly.

"Yes..."

--

The two sat at the long dinner table, plates of all kinds of strange meals sat in front of them. After coming to the demon world Iruma had to grow accustomed to the strange food items. Even though they looked off and took a lot of courage to eat, they were much more appetizing than they looked.

"Did you rest well? Sullivan smiled as he spoke.

"I uh...well I"

Iruma paused and thought back to the dream he had. His grandfather seemed extremely knowledgeable and had some form of influence considering he was called the future demon king during the opening ceremony. So he can ask about Vasariah...

'It's best to not...'

"I...I slept comfortably, Oji-chan."

Sullivan raised a brow at Iruma but kept quiet only to continue the conversation.

"That's great to hear, Iruma-kun! Since today is your first day of school, I wanted to congratulate you on your admission to Demon School!" Sullivan spoke with a cheery tone. School items of all kinds appeared next to him. School bag, a winter uniform, textbooks with no end and just about everything Iruma needed.

That wasn't including the several gifts and flowers labeled 'For Iruma' presented to him.

It was very obvious that Sullivan was a thorough demon. He might seem obnoxious and odd at times but he does his job as a caretaker well. Sweat dropped from Iruma's face and he only awkwardly smiled and nodded while Sullivan excitedly showed him all of the presents.

Time passed and Iruma left out for school. He waved goodbye to Sullivan and Opera, his mind still stuck on the dream.

"Be careful on your way to school!" Sullivan called out happily, continuing to wave at Iruma.

The boy slowly went into the distance and disappeared from sight.

"You really are a changeable person."

Opera spoke in a monotone voice.

"Despite the fact that you want a grandchild, did you really need to adopt that child? You said it yourself that he's no demon and you found him in the human world."

"I'm just having a hard time understanding you."

Sullivan only nodded before he replied.

"Yeah you're right."

Opera's ears perked up at the statement.

"I must raise him by myself, that's the best way! We're going to be very busy!"

Opera sighed and dragged Sullivan, who was planning on taking pictures of Iruma all day, back to the mansion.

"Good morning Iruma-sama!"

'I feel it...'

"Hi...Asmodeus-kun,"

Several students stopped to stare at the scene.

Asmodeus was kneeling in front of of Iruma with a face of utter devotion and loyalty. Iruma on the other hand looked at him as he felt something slowly slipping away.

"Please call me Azu! Ah, Let me carry your bag!"

Iruma flinched as Asmodeus reached out his arms, backing up and lifting his back further away from Asmodeus' outstretched arms.

"Hey that's Iruma!"

"Its the principal's grandson!"

Iruma flinched at the comments, people began recognizing him and pointing him out directly.

'It's slipping.'

"Stop that...we should head inside." Iruma stepped back from Asmodeus then quickly rushed inside, not sparing a glance to the people watching him. He needed to move quickly, it was slipping away too fast.

Asmodeus followed behind Iruma like a loyal lap dog, he didn't understand Iruma's displeasure and haste to move away. He only looked at Iruma with adoration as they walked.

'My master is so humble. He doesn't need the attention of others to prove himself.'

Iruma on the other hand worriedly whipped around corners and hid in a secluded area of the school. It was a quiet place without any other demon's around.

"Hey..."

Iruma turned to Asmodeus, the air around him growing colder by the second. Iruma is a kind boy, who doesn't ask much from others and is often taken for granted. However, he has found one goal to work towards and that is...

"You mustn't do such things in front of others..."

'If you do that I'll....'

Iruma panicked internally as he spoke to the pink demon. His mind was racing. Worrying for his future at this damned school. He'd never gone to school for a long time. Each time he did attend he was forced to drop out because of his parents. So now all he wanted was to go to school and learn like a normal child, regardless of how abnormal he is.

'I'll never get my peaceful school life!'

(A/N: I don't know what's wrong with me but I blame Executive Dysfunction... One minute I'm writing, the next I'm drawing and then somehow I ended up on memes. I need mental help istg.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 392 53
Yn Ln, a Kamen Riders fan boy who have a shitty life because of his scumbag parents, but one day his parents sell him to a demon call Sullivan that g...
1.1K 15 16
Stuck in a demon world on the verge of war, Iruma Suzuki finds himself without memories of the past or how he, a human, ended up in the netherworld...
83.7K 2.2K 26
Fourteen-year-old Iruma has been unfortunate all his life. However never did he gave up to reveal his secret. No one was after all alowed to know it...
28.2K 1K 23
Iruma Suzuki x male reader M/n L/n was supposed to be the ruler of Heaven, the next Angel King. He was supposed to give the people hope and change bu...