Demons in Diguise

By ImALIVE1021

You may think you know why everything happens, but you have NO idea about many things in this world you call... More

Chapter One: Perfection
Chapter Two: Answers
Chapter Three: Rolling hills
Chapter Four: The Phantom
Chapter Five: Crowded Streets
Chapter Six: Best Seller
Chapter Eight: Lies, Love, and More Lies

Chapter Seven: Denial

310 2 4
By ImALIVE1021

Chapter Seven:

Denial

Bailey & Adrian

"Hey, you know how we're going to my uncle's house tomorrow?" Jesse was being beaten at his own game, Call Of Duty.

"Yeah. What about it?" Adrian killed Jesse's character for the fifth time in ten minutes.

"Natalie invited some of her friends," He paused. "and, my sister's coming with us cuz my parents don't think I can be alone with a bunch of teenage girls."

"Dude, you would die from flirtation poisoning." Adrian winked at Bailey, who was sitting on the floor in front of him.

Bailey giggled- unheard by Jesse- and blushed a bright pink. Ugh. He's so perfect in every way.

"Ha ha ha. You're so funny." Jesse put the controller down. "Screw this! I quit!"

"I'm so glad school's finally out!" Adrian said as he grabbed a soda and tossed one to Jesse

"Yeah!!!" They high-fived. "Do you think you could leave early to go to the cabin? Maybe tomorrow?"

"Why?" Adrian blinked, confused.

"To set up for the 'party' that Natalie decided to throw. With all her friends and their boyfriends.... It'll be pretty big." Jesse begged. "Please!"

"Sure."

"Adrian," Bailey whispered into his ear. "Bad idea. We need to head for the council meeting."

"Be right back." Adrian walked upstairs and walked into the bathroom, followed by Bailey. "Why do I need to go to you council meeting?"

"I need you there. We need your help." Bailey sat on the counter and grabbed his hand. "There are five protectors that when born, that would have the angelic wing mark."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"When you are an unseen guardian, you have a birthmark that says something about you. When you find you human, that birthmark gains its true colors. Just look at mine." She pulled the back of her shirt up, and on the bottom of  her back, there were two small wings that were white as snow.

"Wow..." He ran his hand over her skin. The mark made a bump in her skin. "So... What does that mean?"

"Noble clans are born with a wing that is kind of like a family crest. But ones like me, born into as a lower class person, they usually are born with something like butterfly , bat, bird, or insect wings." Her hands were ice cold. "There's a prophecy about five of us born with angel-like birthmarks.

"It says that we will save the all who suffer from a great evil. I think that is our council. That's why we nee-"

"Dude, you ok?" Jesse was at the door.

"Fine. I have to get my clothes off the floor. Be down in a minute." Adrian lied.

"Ok."

Bailey waited until Jesse's footsteps were down the hall, "That's why we need to go to the council meeting. I'm positive we're part of the prophecy."

"Look, I'm just a regular teenager. I'm not going to be a superhero and save the world." Adrian walked back to the living room.

"Ok. I can't change your mind."

Colton & Macey

"So? Have you ever kissed a girl?" Macey was being blunt about her questions.

 "Me? Yes." Colton sighed, remembering. "Her name was Veronica Howard. She had to go back home the next day."

"Sad," Macey looked up from her notebook to look out the window.

"Are you comfortable on the floor?" Colton asked.

"Yes, yes I am." Macey huffed. "I can't sit on the bed or your computer chair because i might leave a dent and your mom and sister can't see me, so I would be discovered."

"Alright then..." He got an idea. "Have you ever kissed anyone, besides family?"

"Nope." She admitted, "Never met anyone I wanted to kiss." Until I met you.... She thought.

Ricky was at the window now. Macey made eye contact with him and her face had a pleading expression on it. Ricky whinnied and Macey sighed.

"Ricky wants me to tell you something I need to tell you, but I don't know how to say it." She paused, "I need you to come to a huge meeting with me. I've spoken to another guardian with angelic birthmarks. They need us."

"Ok. I'll go. Just to prove that the whole 'unseen guardian thing is a buncha crap."

"You still don't believe me? Pack your bags. We leave tomorrow."

"Alright."

Ricky huffed and walked away.

"How did you know what he was saying?" He asked, perplexed.

"Oh. I was born into a noble clan on my dad's side and that's my clan's gift."

"Whatever." Colton laughed.

"The weird thing is, I wasn't born with the Spencer Clan Emblem, a pair of reptilian wings intertwined with olive vines." Macey ignored the human. "I got angelic wings and that's it." Macey rolled up her sleeve to reveal to angelic wings, colored white.

"Nice tattoo."

"You idiot, it's a birthmark. I'm not the only one with it. Just wait." Macey smirked.

"I find it funny that you keep playing that card." Colton said.

"Jerk." She muttered.

 Amanda & Luke

"Yeah. I'll go." Amanda fed the penguins at the zoo.

"Really?" Luke was shocked. "That was easy."

"I need to get out of here." She sighed, patting the female emperor penguin atop the head. "I love the animals, but it's the same thing everyday. I'm don't want to be that blase girl who doesn't ever say anything!" She turned and left the penguin exhibit.

"Ok. When's your shift over? I've contacted all the other guardians with special  wings. We are meeting at the base of Mt. St. Helens. By Spirit Lake. We will come up with a plan from there." Luke stated.

"Another hour." Amanda yawned.

"Can you be ready fast?"

"Yeah." Amanda sighed.

"Can you get a ticket to Seattle today?" Luke sat on Amanda's desk.

"Yes. My dad works for some airline. I get tickets whenever I want." The blonde glared at Luke. "Off my desk."

Luke handed Amanda the phone from her desk. She dialed her dad's number. "Dad?"

"Yes, sweetheart?" Luke heard through the phone.

"Can I get a ticket to Seattle for tonight?" Amanda pleaded.

"Sure. The flight leaves at 8:30. Is that ok?"

"Perfect." She paused. "Bye. Love you, too." Amanda closed the phone. "Let's get my stuff."

Luke looked at the clock. "You still have half an hour left."

"I meant after that." She sighed. "You know I don't really like my dad. Or my mom, for that matter."

"Why?"

"After they divorced, my dad married an absolute bi-"

"Watch you language." Luke warned.

"Sorry. Where was I?"

"Dad remarrying." He reminder her.

"Right. Then my mom just dropped off the face of the earth and showed up last month trying to reconnect with me." The girl was venting now.

"How long ago did they split?" Luke kept his cool.

"I was five. So, eleven years ago."

"Wow. So, you hadn't seen her in eleven years and she just shows up and tries to make you -who I guess had forgotten all about her- try to love the mom she never had?" Luke summed everything up in one sentence.

"Yep." Amanda looked at her computer. "My break's over."

Yuko & Kai

Yuko woke up to something that has never been in her house before, the smell of bacon.

She walked downstairs to find and empty house.

"What?" She whispered.

"Good Morning!" Kai came out form around the corner.

"Ohmygod. You scared me!" Yuko jumped.

"Sorry. I cooked some bacon I found in the fridge." Kai smiled.

"Oh. coool! That's my bacon!" She giggled. " I bought it with my first paycheck!"

"Cool!" Kai's expression turned serious. "I need you to help me."

"With what?"

"I need you to help me bring down rebel forces. They have told me they are going to try to bring down our leaders. We need to take them down form the inside."

"Like a double agent?" Her face lit up.

"Yes, like a double agent." He nodded.

"Where are we going?"

"Spirit Lake."

"Where's that?"

"Washington. In the U.S."

"I'm going on a student exchange program to Seattle! It's a gift from my grandma! I guess I could go now, even though school's out here."

"Ok."

The front door opened to reveal a very husky man with short hair and an odd smell to him. This  is

Tsutomu Usike. He is Yuko's step-father. He's very patriarchal.

"What the hell is this?" He shouted.

"I m-made you b-breakfast." The girl stuttered, terrified.

He raised a hand and brought it down on her face forcefully. Yuko dared not to cry. She didn't want to be hit again. She only manged to yelp and stifled her sobs.

"What?!" He demanded.

"N-nothing, s-sir."

Kai gawked at the image of sadness in front of him. He made an act of desperation. Kai walked over to Tsutomu and mumbled "Es aicinu gars mūsu senči, lai palīdzētu kritums šī ​​ļaunuma skaitli" Tsutomu then flew across the room and went unconscious.

Yuko fell to the floor and starting crying. She had no idea what just happened, but she was glad it did.

"You ok?" Kai fell next to her and hugged her.

"We need to leave now." She sobbed.

"Let's go." Kai picked her up and carried  her to her room.

"Ok." Yuko hurried and gathered her things. She saw the new passport on the desk and swiped it up.

"Good idea." Kai grasped Yuko's hand and led her downstairs. "Can you afford a plane ticket?"

"I already have one. Remember?" Her tears were drying.

"You're safe now." Kai took her in his arm again. "He can't get you anymore. Let's get you outta here." He let her go and slowly made his way over to Tsutomo "Senči, neļaujiet viņam atcerēties nodarīto kaitējumu šeit šodien. Šī meitene nekad nav bijis šeit. Neviens ģimenes loceklis atcerēsies viņu." As Kai said this, his hair was standing on end and he was glowing a deep violet.

"What?"

"Neither he, nor your family will remember anything about you. Just look at the picture of you on the wall."

Yuko glanced up at her photo to see herself being replaced by her little brother, Nobuo. She could feel her inside twisting. Would she ever see her brother again?

"You have everything? We need to leave now." Kai grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the sadness that had washed over her.

 Rima & Matthew

"Miss Rima?"

"Yes, Rosa?"

"You have a call from Leo." Rosa handed Rime Knowles her cell phone.

"Hello?"

"Baby! When are you coming back?" Leo huffed through the phone. "It's warm here!"

"I can't go yet, sweetheart, Seattle hasn't seen me yet!" She laughed. "Soon. 'Kay?"

"'Kay."

Rima closed the closed the phone after dismissing Leo.

"Rosa, I would like some time to myself, if you don't mind." Rima smiled warmly at her secretive assistant.

"She gone?" Matthew asked inaudibly.

"Yes. Where am I going, again?"

"Mt. St. Helens." He said "Near Eatonville. There's a lot of hotels around the mountain itself."

"So why the mountain?" Rima looked at Matthew. "Matthew?"

Matthew's eyes had rolled back into his head and he was saying something quietly.

Matthew was receiving a message from Luke, but Rima didn't know they could do that. What Matthew was mumbling was his responses to Luke.

"Oh my God!" Rima shook him madly. "Matthew!" she was shouting.

When Rima saw the irises of Matthews eyes, she calmed down. "What the hell was that?"

"I was telepathically speaking with Luke. You will meet him soon enough." Matthew put his hand on Rima's shoulder. "I'm ok. We just need to get there fast."

"Alright." She called Rosa over.

"Yes, Miss Rima?"

"Call my car over here. We are headed to Eatonville."

Matthew smiled. When Rosa walked away, he kissed Rima's cheek.

Rima's face a bright pink. "Wh-what?"

"I can't help myself. Your just so pretty."

Unknown

"Are they communicating?" It was a powerful man speaking.

"Yes sir. I can see that they will meet up somewhere near the mountain." A soft femal voice said.

"Good." He chuckled. "We shall have them in our grasp very soon."

She laughed with him. "You our the smartest leader our clan has ever had, my lord."

"Good girl." He noticed the persian cat staring at him. "Here, Yasha."

The cat, Yasha, jumped on the man's lap and purred a token pur.

"When is the ball, Jessica?"

"Two evening from now, my lord."

"Did you have my suit taylored?"

"Yes sir."

"And you are my date, correct?"

"Correct."

"Good, good." He laughed again. "Silly children, they need to learn their place."

~Author's Note~

The song title just fits, not the lyrics! If you have a better idea, INBOX ME!!!

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE XD

-Kassy :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 168 37
I thought I knew my world. The people in it, the secrets they held, their intentions. . . Turns out I didn't have a clue. They lie and deceive and ma...
373 171 38
Nothing is ever as it seems. Everything seems very plain on the surface, but in fact, you actually have to dive beneath the surface to find the truth...
375 31 21
What if everything that was perfect in your life started to crumble...("Its your grandma...Her health is getting worst") What if you were told that o...
250 21 21
A new way of life has come and nothing can stop the amount of time it will take to heal them all.