Lost in the Fog

By The_Nocturnal_Raven

A broken, powerless soul is lost to an unnatural fog. A cycle of pain and torment allows him to eventually be... More

A Fracture of Pain
New Struggles and Saviours
Respite From the Dark
A Chill Wind Over the Night
Death is Not An Escape
Frenzied Thoughts
Darkness Among Us
The Path Less Travelled
Tormented Without Choice
Reinforced Resolve
Cursed with New Power
Condemnation
Cursed with Empathy
A Glimpse of the Other Side
Escalation
The Doctor is IN
Misplaced Trust
The Mentor's End
The Twisted Masquerade
The Twisted Masquerade Continues
A New Path Ahead
What it is That Came Before
Trickster's Paradise
The Alchemist's Workshop
The Spider's Nest
A Glimmer of Hope
The Gamble
Not so Smooth Sailing...
"What happened to you?"
Projected Impacts
A Date of Importance
Beginning of Resistance
First Day
Home Away From Home
Finally Catching Teachers up to Speed
How Tragedy Bleeds Reality
Capture a Lullaby
Izuku's Report
Burnin' Questions
The New Glyph
Flight of the Fugitive
Rest
Jailbreak
Interruption
An Average Saturday
Stalkers in the Shadows
Lost and Found
Sports & Slaughter
Aftermath
Test of Intention
The Truth
Three Lost Kids
Why am I here?
Brought to the Light
An Edge for Victory
Forged by Fog
Preparations
The Impact of Choice
Punching the Pack
Missing the Little Things...
War on the Horizon
From the Fog
War of the Fog
Final Embers of Hope
THE Decisive Strike
Humanity's Resilience
Entity's Aftermath
Birth of An Imperium

Looming Darkness

846 26 7
By The_Nocturnal_Raven

The next day, Burnin, Izuku, and Vlad King were all waiting for their respective classes to gather. When they did, they were surprised to see the two homeroom teachers defer to Izuku. This was highly unusual, considering the green haired boy was: 1. Their age, 2. A student, and 3... had no teaching credentials to speak of.

"Alright, starting today, things are going to be different. Many of you are excited for the upcoming sports festival... Which is all well and good. However, there are certain things, as hero students, you need to know."

Neito Monoma, a well known pretentious blond from class B asked pointedly, "And what would you know?"

Annoyance crept into his voice, but the greenette was sure to keep that in check. "I am actually going to get into that, if you didn't interrupt me. I've already told three students here, but I need a guarantee from all of you that you will never talk to anyone outside this group about what I will tell you."

There were murmurs about this, with Setsuna Tokage, Toru Hagakure, and Mina Ashido stiffening, suddenly realizing what this was about. The rest of class A was not quite as nervous, but knew it had to be serious, while class B was clueless.

Midoriya reiterated to all, his voice sharp, ready to punish them should they refuse. "Do you swear?"

"Why would we..." Monoma started, before being lifted off the ground by his throat. Izuku pinched the bridge of his nose, and sighed, releasing some of his tension. "Sadako. Do not attack any more students. We cannot teach them if they are dead."

"He will just die anyways... if he cannot listen." The boy fell to the ground, and searched for the person who did it, only to find her looking down at him. He was speechless as he took in the girl's appearance, with her long, unkempt hair covering her face. She didn't say anything more, but went to the front of the class, standing next to Izuku. By the way she acted... they were close.

What the serious, green haired boy stated next made all pale. "If you wish to maintain your sanity, not like it'll last in two months, then you may leave. However, you'll no longer be considered a hero student. This is the ultimatum from Nezu."

That got everyone's attention, and they turned to their teachers, searching for proof... and found it within their expressions. And with that, they immediately agreed, with Monoma being last.
"Very well."
Izuku pulled out the Auris. Somber, he quietly talked, staring from... somewhere. The students didn't know where this was going... "I wasn't always powerful. Those in my class know that I can do a lot, but... it's not my quirk. I am quirkless. It's all due to this. However, I would have never gotten this had I not been abducted by the Entity."
Itsuka Kendo, Class representative, asked, "What kind of villain names themselves the Entity?"

Izuku walked to her, the others backing away out of reflex. They could sense the otherworldly power he projected, and he spoke again, them hanging onto each word. "What kind of villain indeed? That's because it wasn't a villain. It wasn't even human. The Entity is the human name other victims I knew called it. It is an eldritch horror, capable of tearing you and your soul apart, feeding on your emotions, and tossing away the husk into an interdimensional void. It consumes parallel universes, and lucky for you all, I escaped. Meaning it has turned its attention here." Now terrified, Izuku had to placate 38 students. And, to be fair, the next bit of news was relieving to hear, "So, I am going to teach you how to defend others from the different servants of the Entity... giving tips from a survivor's perspective..." He gestured to himself, before then gesturing to Sadako, "As well as a killer's. This is all key, as the fate of Earth itself is at stake. And you cannot share this information for that very reason."

Meanwhile, Katsuki Bakugo was running another errand for the League. Even though they were partners, this kind of errand was, in his opinion, beneath him, but still necessary. It was an annoyance, but... using these thugs was still satisfying. However, towards the end of their job, he could feel eyes watching him. When he was alone, he turned around, and found... him... towering over him, looking down.

Well, I guess this is another of her servants, then.

He grinned, "So, what's your name?"
It did not have a mouth to speak, and no facial features in general. Its skin was pale as bone, and it wore a black, immaculately maintained suit. This was something most would call a myth, since the appearance of this entity was derived from an old urban legend. But... this was someone far more important than a mere quirkless boogeyman. This was the second avatar of the Entity. Basically... the voice in Bakugo's head, she was it's older sister. At least as far as he could tell. His annoyance growing, the blond asked, "No name, then. Should I assume you're with her?"

For once, it nodded. Communicating something.

"Good..." He grinned again, eager to command this Entity to work. "Whatever your power is, it better be fucking helpful."

The shadows lengthened as tendrils appeared, ready to extend its own will in this world. And Bakugo was ready to help.

The Blond assembled the small group to meet in a secret location. The Veil didn't want AFO hearing this, and it was imperative to plan around him. After introducing the new arrival, Katsuki started laying out his idea. They agreed it would be the best place... but before they could even start on the specifics, the tall man reached into the shadows with its tendrils and dragged out an eavesdropper.

She was shorter, with blonde hair arranged into messy buns. She could have been confused as related to Katsuki... but he had the benefit of being an only child. However, he did recognized her from her... recent arrival at the League of Villain's base. She was new, just like the others Giran had supplied for them. The true leader of the League was wanting to cultivate Shigaraki into his successor... and wanted him to understand the value of people. So, Himiko Toga was one of the ones provided.

Katsuki didn't want all of the details in regards to their motives told to Shigaraki, because if she did, then it was likely AFO would try to stop them, and loathe as he is to admit, Katsuki still needs the league's connections.

Annoyed, he asked, "Why are you fucking here, psycho?"
"I saw you kill all those other people... they were so beautiful when you made their blood splash all over..." Her eyes basically had hearts in them. "And then I saw you here and heard what you want to do... your goal is so interesting... it's like a paradise! So much blood! Living how you please!"

Katsuki realized then that she could be immensely useful. Since her goals aligned with their own, it would be best to recruit her if possible. "So, you want what our boss wants?"
"Yes!" An immediate, perfect answer. Just what he wanted.

"Then... how about you act as our... agent inside the League? We'll help you get what you want, you help us get what we want..."
"Sounds good!" She agreed immediately.

He laughed for a moment... then thought. Since she had the ability to track them down, he wondered if it was skill or her quirk. "What is your quirk?"

She smiled, baring her teeth and showing the sharp canines, "Transform! Drink blood, become the donor!"

That... was frankly an amazing ability, not on par with his own, of course, but useful enough for him to immediately develop a plan. "I see... you might be what we need..."
She was surprised. "Really?"

The blond nodded, while the other killers remained silent. "Yeah. Our biggest adversary is a fucking student." He pulled up his phone, and searched up a picture. Eventually showing her the photo... while Toga's cat-like eyes studied every detail. "This is him. Izuku Midoriya. He's a quirkless deku who found a fucking device that can overpower anyone. We can't get close. He'll recognize Grimes and Anna." The explosive blond gestured to each of them in turn.

"Okay!" She continued to look over the picture, memorizing it. "He's kinda cute. But you're hotter when covered in blood, so I'll do this as a favor for you!"

He was surprised to hear that, but grinned. You're goddamn right I'm hot. "I don't care what you do to him. Kill him. Incapacitate him, hell, if you steal the device, that would be fucking amazing... but make sure he can't be at the sports festival. That is your objective."

"Okay!!!" She was let go, dropping to the ground, and skipping away.

The huntress, the only one who Katsuki could really understand, asked, "Is that wise? Trusting her?"

Katsuki continued to smile. This is why I'm in charge here, they don't understand how things work. "She's twisted, but naive and fucking honest. She'll do her job. We just have to do ours."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.9K 3.3K 16
Due to something rather unexpected Izuku turned into his older self. Now being back in the body of a 10-year-old child, Izuku doesn't remember anythi...
8.6K 129 11
This is my MHA x Bleach story where it will take place in the My Hero universe where everything is the same except they have soul reapers and hollows...
225K 12.3K 51
Being able to see things no one has ever, is not great. Izuku-a boy who just wants to live a normal life and become a hero-is cursed to see things he...
61.5K 1.4K 18
A MHA fiction work, where Izuku is born with a rare villainous quirk, which doesn't immediately manifest. Due to treatment by society around him, he...