π”½π•’π•œπ•– 𝔹𝕠π•ͺπ•—π•£π•šπ•–π•Ÿπ•• οΏ½...

By yawnninng

Where Beomgyu, a rich, young man hires a fake boyfriend, Yeonjun. The most important rule: don't fall in love... More

!Β‘CREDIT!Β‘
001
002
003
004
005
006
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
Epilogue

007

2.8K 119 235
By yawnninng

"Are we there yet?"

Impatient is a painfully accurate way to describe Yeonjun. They haven't been driving for even ten minutes and he is already huffing out his after Beomgyu shakes his head at him. Beomgyu would hit him if he could to express his own impatience with Yeonjun's attitude, but he can't, Yeonjun's driving.

"It's only another five minutes, will you wait?" Beomgyu rolls his eyes, falling back into the passenger seat with an annoyed sigh and crosses arms.

"This place must be very exclusive, an apartment overlooking Seoul. He must be as rich as you." Yeonjun spares Beomgyu a glance.

"Hyuka is rich, but he doesn't pay for the apartment, his brother does."

"I don't get why I'm being dragged along, it's just a party, you don't have to take me."

"Are you forgetting the rules of our contract? We signed the yesterday!" Beomgyu looked over at Yeonjun in disbelief, he paid such little attention to what they'd gone over when it didn't involve things he wanted altered. "Besides my mom let it slip I had a boyfriend and my friends are furious I hadn't told them myself."

"So, this is basically an excuse to finally introduce me to them?" Yeonjun quirks a brow, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of them.

"Pretty much, yep." Beomgyu gives a single nod in agreement then looks out of the car window, the pout on Yeonjun's lips visible through his reflection.

"How many friends do you have?"

"Around ten maybe? Hueningkai invited our classmates so..." Beomgyu shrugs.

"That's more than I expected..." is Yeonjun's reply.

"Why do you sound worried? I thought you said you were good at socialising with people." Beomgyu turns to Yeonjun who's focusing on driving. He pouts in annoyance and furrows his brows.

"It depends on the people, but I'm quite good at bending my personality to fit others. Don't worry, your social butterfly will do his best." Yeonjun flashes a cocky smile that Beomgyu wants to erase almost as badly as he wants to throw up at the use of 'your'.

"All you have to do is introduce yourself at the very least. It's not like you have to sit and have a conversation with them all..." Beomgyu grumbles, staring at the road in front of him.

"I think that'll be hard given it's going to be a room full of people who don't believe you have a boyfriend considering I've never been mentioned before. I'm pretty sure they'll try their best to weasel the truth out of us. The smallest slip up and we're done for."

Yeonjun's right. They have to be extra careful around his friends. They know the most about him, and the use of a wrong date or poorly made lie will cause their house of deception to crumble down.

"Then charm them. You always say how great you are at winning people over. Think of it as a way to tame them, being their inner detectives by making them fall for your charm."

Yeonjun sighs. This contract has more in store for him than he'd initially expected, dealing with rich brats who don't know how to back off is going to quickly drain him.

He takes a deep breath and sighs again, all he has to do is get through this party. He can think of it as short sections of time he needs to get passed before he can leave, that'll help.

"You'll be fine, I'll be there with you to help create a believable story or stop things from becoming overwhelming. Plus, there's lots of food and beer." Beomgyu grins although the idea of lots of beer being drank by his ride home annoys him.

"I think I'll be okay as long as you're there with me..."

Beomgyu hopes he will be.

If this goes downhill, his father will surely speed up the wedding process with Aisha to make sure he doesn't do anything so out of line again. His mother will never look at him the same again. Beomgyu's sure the only relationship that won't really be damaged is the one with his brother, he'll trust him and have his back no matter what.

.•° ✿ °•.

Yeonjun raises his arms in the air, pulling them into a stretch once he'd shut the car door, leaving Beomgyu to wait and watch as he unstiffens his muscles.

Hueningkai's dolphin-like scream breaks Yeonjun out of his stretch, throwing his arms up defensively at what he thinks is the sound of someone being murdered.

Although Beomgyu knows the scream came from his best friend, he looks terrified, with his widened eyes as Hueningkai approaches them.

He claps excitedly as he approaches the fake couple, the fact they've finally arrived put a spring in his step. "You guys finally arrived!" A big smile on his face and eyes that twinkle.

"I think Yeonjun's a little nervous..." Beomgyu laughs anxiously, scratching the back of his head as his eyes flick to Yeonjun who's watching them with worried eyes and his hands dug into his pockets.

"What! But he's the most confident person I've ever met! He could probably flirt with Beyoncé without breaking a sweat, and look at how famous she is!"

"Are you saying Beyoncé's out of my league?" Although Yeonjun knows she is, Hueningkai bluntly insinuating it upsets him.

Hueningkai gives Yeonjun an up-down, then puts a hand on his shoulder. "Of course not, Yeonnie. I would never say that." With his hand, he covers the side of his face that Yeonjun can see, mouthing that Yeonjun is out of her league as he nods.

Beomgyu rolls his eyes, sighing and looking away from his best friend.

"I can see you, y'know?" Yeonjun half-shouts, clearly offended by Hueningkai's playfulness.

"Will you two stop now? Or do I have to kick both your asses?" The silence that fell is almost instant after Beomgyu scolds them, both pouting since their friendly poke at each other has come to an abrupt end.

"C'mon darling, you wouldn't want to hurt this pretty face." Yeonjun places a hand on Beomgyu's lower back, leaning in as he speaks lowly to him. Beomgyu avoids noticing the shiver that runs down his spine at the sound of Yeonjun's voice. "I guess we wouldn't want Hueningkai getting hurt either." Yeonjun shrugs before shooting Hueningkai a mischievous smirk.

"Oh no, I think it's really tempting to hurt that face of yours." Beomgyu bites, crossing his arms over his chest as he pouts petulantly at Yeonjun.

Yeonjun pulls Beomgyu closer to him, spare hand sliding to his neck softly with his nose gently pressing against Beomgyu's. He tilts his head until Beomgyu's forehead meets his and smirks.

"Wow... did you two forget I was here or something?" Hueningkai watches them in stunned silence after finding his voice to remind them of his presence.

Beomgyu pushes Yeonjun away from him, turning to face Hueningkai as the feeling of warmth emits from his cheeks. Yeonjun stares at him in amusement, liking the state he can put his boss in so easily. He's so proud of himself, he could roll his shoulders back and stand tall.

"Next time show some respect and don't flirt in front of me whilst I'm still single." Hueningkai pouts and crosses his arms, he wants a boyfriend so bad and isn't afraid to show his bitterness, even to the fake couple.

Hueningkai takes them up to his apartment, instantly being greeted by a bunch of people, including Beomgyu's brother who is talking to someone and taking the occasional sip of his sprite.

Yeonjun's surprised to see his friend Soobin at the party who furrows his eyebrows at him and tilts his head in confusion when Yeonjun stares at him with an inquiring brow.

He subtly mouths, "work." Soobin creates a circle with his mouth in acknowledgement before nodding.

Beomgyu—who misinterprets the situation—pokes Yeonjun in the arm. Thick eyebrows furrowing and lips pursing when Yeonjun looks at him. "What was that? Are you flirting with Soobin now too?"

"Ew, Soobin! No, geez he's my friend." Yeonjun rubs the area Beomgyu poked him in with his hand, pouting at the inflictor. "I don't need to flirt with him when I have someone as beautiful as you by my side." Yeonjun butters Beomgyu up, secretly hoping it will save him from any more jabs during the party.

Instead it results in a flick on his forehead and an even bigger pout on his lips.

"You know Soobin?" Beomgyu tilts his head. Yeonjun frowns at him, nodding his head again.

"How?"

"Why do you need to know?" Yeonjun grumbles, keeping up his grudge after having a second infliction of pain against him.

Beomgyu scoffs before realising what's up. "Are you sulking?"

Yeonjun remains silent, giving Beomgyu an answer. I.E. Yes, he is.

"Yeonjun, I'm sorry." Beomgyu frowns, eyes filling with concern. "Please, is there something I can do so you won't be upset anymore?"

Beomgyu sudden concern surprises Yeonjun, he didn't think he'd switch up that fast nor did he think he'd acknowledge his little tantrum at all. He pauses in thought before a smile tugs at his lips.

"Kiss me."

"What?" Beomgyu's eyes go wide and his face snaps in Yeonjun's direction.

"On the cheek."

"Oh..." Beomgyu's shoulders drop in relief. That seems easier now after he first thought Yeonjun meant on the lips. "Okay..."

He takes a deep breath, letting it out through his nose and stands on his tiptoes, hands holding onto Yeonjun's shoulder for support. Yeonjun sticks out his cheek so Beomgyu can reach him easier. One of his eyes closes, a permanent wink as he waits.

Beomgyu leans in and leaves a chaste kiss on Yeonjun's cheek, letting his feet plant back firmly onto the ground and looking down as his face grows hot.

Yeonjun grabs his chin, making the two's eyes meet. He stares into his eyes so sweetly, Beomgyu expects what he says to be nice. "Gyu, your breath stinks."

Beomgyu rolls his eyes, groaning and balling his fist up before hitting Yeonjun's shoulder. This time, it doesn't hurt Yeonjun, and he smiles in amusement. "Fuck you, Yeonjun!"

Yeonjun places a hand on the lower of Beomgyu's back and pulls him close to him, no space between their bodies and their lonely hands join.

His breath fans against Beomgyu's ear as he whispers, "if you want that to happen then I suggest we go somewhere more private."

He pulls away with a smirk and dodges one of Beomgyu's hits in time to avoid further pain, learning his attacks.

"Have you seen Jungkook hyung?" Soobin approaches Beomgyu, with Hueningkai clinging onto him like a moody baby koala.

Beomgyu shakes his head. "Hueningkai, have you not messaged him?"

"Yeah, but he barely ever answers me, he said he'd be here because he's excited to meet your boyfriend after I told him all about Yeonjun." Hueningkai fights back a grin, eyes flicking between the fake couple and all Beomgyu can do is fight the urge to curse him out. He's a pain in the fucking ass.

.•° ✿ °•.

"Well, I think it's fishy." Jeongin takes a sip of his beer, letting out a fit of coughs after Beomgyu smacks him across the back of his head. Hueningkai replies with a roar of laughter, hitting his own thigh in amusement.

"Ah, Beomgyu! That hurt!"

"Yeah, well... I never asked for your input."

"You can't blame him, Beomgyu. No one knew you even searching for a relationship let alone in one. And I thought you would've at least told me, I'm your favourite hyung!" Minho brings up defensively, more concerned about him being the favourite than the whole relationship if he's honest.

"See! I'm not the only one surprised that you had a boyfriend!" Jeongin exclaims, pointing at Minho after he'd backed him up and looking at Beomgyu. "I mean you did apparently hide it from us."

"I don't get why it's such a big deal." Beomgyu shrugs. "You guys are out sleeping with people or getting in meaningless relationships all the time," he says emotionlessly.

"Yeah but it's different, it's you... You're a workaholic who's never cared for a relationship in the entire time I've known you. You once told me if you chose a relationship over death, then you would've said it on counts of insanity."

"And how come you told Hueningkai!" Seungmin interjects, straightening up in his seat so he can question Beomgyu with more authority.

"Because I'm his favourite person... and to be honest, I didn't believe it at first either but it's like they forget I'm there and they start flirting with each other and well, it's really gross." Hueningkai shudders in disgust, earning a side glare from Beomgyu because Yeonjun flirtswith Beomgyu. Beomgyu does not flirt with Yeonjun.

Jeongin ponders the thought, debating the evidence he's provided whereas Seungmin pouts to himself.

He doesn't blame them for being this way, they're his closest friends and he's supposedly kept this from them.

"I'm sorry... It was hard. My family are so controlling and I didn't want to risk any way of them finding out if I was able to control it so I kept it a secret for as long as I could in fear they'd reject him or that you guys would too." Beomgyu pouts, eyes falling to the ground to play just how 'guilty' he feels.

"Beomgyu we're not going to do that..." Jisung places a hand on Beomgyu's shoulder.

"Not unless he's a dick." Minho chimes up, biting the skin off his nail. Jisung shoots him a glare.

"We're your friends, we're here to support you and give you advice when you need it."

"I know hyung, I was scared. Both Yeonjun and I wanted to wait until we were both ready to tell people. I hadn't even told Taehyun and he's my brother!"

"Speaking of Yeonjun..." Bangchan looks around the room, searching for someone he doesn't recognise. "Where is he? Weren't you going to introduce us to him?"

Soobin has quietly watched the whole scene unfold, not butting in since he doesn't have to be told anything to know the truth. He would bob his leg anxiously for his friend right now if it wasn't for Hueningkai sitting on his lap. Instead he pulls Hueningkai in for a hug, his head resting on the latter's shoulder as he waits for Yeonjun to appear.

Yeonjun escaped to the bathroom earlier before he could be bombarded by Beomgyu's friends but the latter never saw him return now that he thinks about it. He scans the area, standing on his tiptoes so he can look past the majority of those smaller than him without any obstacles.

He finds Yeonjun cornered next to the refrigerator by San and Wooyoung, two of his friends who are joined at the hips: completely inseparable. He appears to be doing okay, smiling away happily as he speaks to them, nodding from time to time.

Wooyoung appears to be the most smitten, apple cheeks stuck into a permanent smile and a grin on his face as the two conversed. But to every golden retriever friend there's a black cat friend.

San, on the other hand, looks stern, his expression wears his interrogation face and that's likely what he's going to Yeonjun, up until the the point he'll eventually feel like he's suffocating.

"Yeonjun!"

Yeonjun's head perks up at the sound of his name, eyes landing on Beomgyu and showing instant relief. Yeonjun walks towards him, giving him a quick embrace.

When he removes himself from Beomgyu, the golden retriever and black cat are standing in front of them like looming towers (despite them both being smaller). There's an eerie air, like these two will be the ones to expose them and their web of lies.

"Why are you following Yeonjun around?" Beomgyu narrows his eyes, instantly softening them as he feels Yeonjun's hand press against his back. He glances down to confirm it is his hand.

Of course it's all an act and Beomgyu thinks it's going pretty well, but he's still annoyed at the two in front of him. In reality, Yeonjun's 'comforting' gesture has done nothing of the sort.

"We're just getting to know him." Wooyoung laughs, eyes forming crescents like they usually do when he shows signs of amusement.

"Knowing you, you probably got him to sign a contract!" Wooyoung jokes but there a lump in Beomgyu's throat that he swallows down and nervously laugh away.

"What if this is the reason he breaks up with me! Hostile friends can make or break some relationships!" Beomgyu frowns, looking into Yeonjun's eyes with fake concern. The latter's are already glistening with faking sadness.

"You can't blame us for being suspicious, Beomgyu. The only person I've ever seen you interested in was Hyunjin, and you were too scared or goal-driven to tell him so you chose to hide it." San speaks up, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow as he glances at Yeonjun before his eyes settle on Beomgyu.

Beomgyu stiffens, mentioning that in front of Yeonjun is uncalled for, he never needed to know that, especially if they believe he really is his boyfriend.

Beomgyu glances up at Yeonjun who gives him a curious look. His eyes fall to the ground and his chest caves in, why'd it feel like he's been caught red-handed cheating on him?

Beomgyu stands on his top toes, placing a hand on the other side of his mouth so only Yeonjun can hear him. "Don't worry about it, Fox. I only have eyes for you, remember?"

When he pulls away, Yeonjun gives him the best sincere smile he can muster, eyes searching Beomgyu's with so much 'love' it would look real if you don't look too closely.

Beomgyu can tell it isn't his real smile though. Not as good as his usual fake in-love smile.

Hueningkai ends up throwing up after drinking too much with Soobin there to help soothe him with a back rub and a fed-up Taehyun who is disappointed in his friend for throwing up.

Minho drunkenly sings some love song with his hand as a microphone, clearly aimed at Yeonjun and Beomgyu. Jisung sways to it with his eyes shut as if it's a romantic song and not full of vulgar phrases and ideas.

"Yeonjun, did you know Beomgyu hits people a lot?" Jeongin brings up, automatically rubbing his head when it reminds him of the memory formed earlier.

"My Beomgyu, he'd never!" Yeonjun mocks playfully, showing them all he definitely knows about Beomgyu's habit, making the others laugh, understanding.

"In all honesty, I didn't for a while but eventually it started to become a frequent thing and now I'm so used to it I've got quite good at dodging his attempts." By quite good, Yeonjun means that he's managed to dodge one out of the hundred others but wears that fact proudly, like a gold medal.

"But look at him, he looks like an angel, how could anyone expect it?" Yeonjun laughs with the others grinning at him happily, he's good at selling the idea of being in love with Beomgyu.

"Yeah, maybe a fallen angel..." Hueningkai mutters with a scoff.

"I'm not evil!" Beomgyu pouts. If it were physically possible, holes would be pierced through Hueningkai's head from the glare he receives.

"Agree to disagree," Hueningkai suggests, not getting a response, he takes it as a yes.

The group is able to have a good laugh, with the dancer being both good at carrying the conversation and laughing at the right times. Beomgyu relaxes so much more than he thought he'd be able to, feeling at ease.

"Hmm, you do act like a devil sometimes though don't you, darling" Yeonjun playfully pokes Beomgyu in the ribs with his elbow who furrows his eyebrows and fixes him with a glare.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean- -if we forget about the fact you threw lotions and hit me with a pillow, that's not the only demonic thing you get up to." Yeonjun smirks.

Beomgyu clicks his tongue, seething at Yeonjun with irritation. "Are you looking for another fight?" Beomgyu purses his lips, looking at Yeonjun expectantly.

"What?" Yeonjun pouts.

"You're too horny!"

The friend group around them remain quiet during their lover's tiff, amused by the scene in front of them.

.•° ✿ °•.

Yeonjun was out of his mind as the night continued, being encouraged to drink with his friends who'd taken a liking to him, he'd had more than what his sober limit was. His energy only increased one minute dancing and singing then in conversation then excitedly coming over to Beomgyu and teasing him.

With Yeonjun being drunk, Beomgyu was mainly occupied by his phone since he was a lot more sober and didn't feel the intoxicated buzz Yeonjun felt. His phone went off and when he pulled it out of his pocket and saw who the message was from, he unconsciously broke into a smile.

It caught not only Beomgyu's friends' attention, but Yeonjun's too. Yeonjun looked irritated, snatching the phone out of Beomgyu's hand who immediately tried to snatch it back, surprised at Yeonjun's behaviour.

"Give it back, Yeonjun!"

"Give me your attention first!" Yeonjun pouted, holding Beomgyu's phone close to his chest but in a way so Beomgyu couldn't grab it from him.

"I'm busy." Beomgyu gritted his teeth, looking into Yeonjun's eyes with a hard stare.

"What messaging someone else? I can see that."

Beomgyu remained silent, stunned by Yeonjun's attitude. Yeonjun scoffed, looking away from him and dragging his hand through his hair.

"We need to talk."

"Ooo, lover's quarrel!" Someone yelled out but Beomgyu wasn't paying attention to who's voice it was. Too concerned by the way Yeonjun was acting and whatever it was he wanted to talk about.

✿ End of Part 7 ✿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 2.8K 20
- there are things that wasn't supposed to happen, but they did anyway. or, the story of two lovers who were never meant for each other, but destiny...
18.4K 693 27
~β€’COMPLETEDβ€’~ When you choose, make sure that your ready to fight the circumstances. But also make sure that your with someone that is ready to fight...
17.1K 977 36
❝Well, he clearly noticed my intention to avoid him. I scoffed. Is he trying to boss me around? "Not everyone is willing to follow whatever you say j...
16.9K 936 26
❝ why do you talk about her while i'm in your bed? ❞ ➳ in which soobin cheats on his girlfriend with yeonjun. yeonjun knows soobin will choose the gi...