The Refugee's Mate (Werewolf...

By LeonardoMontero531

Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack... More

Chapter 1: Danger Zone
Chapter 2: Heart to Break
Chapter 3: 911
Chapter 4: Save Me
Chapter 5: As it was
Chapter 6: Spotlight
Chapter 7: Heroes
Chapter 8: Poker face
Chapter 9: Come and Find Me
Chapter 10: Run to You
Chapter 11: Fight for You
Chapter 12: Thank You
Chapter 13: Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
Chapter 14: Slow Hands
Chapter 15: Jealous
Chapter 16: You Broke Me First
Chapter 17: I Touch Myself
Chapter 18: Do What U Want [with my body]
Chapter 19: Consequences
Chapter 20: I Want to Know What Love Is
Chapter 21: Make Me Feel
Chapter 22: WOW | Every Kind of Way
Chapter 23: Whatta Man
Chapter 24: Traitor
Chapter 25: Last Name
Chapter 26: Sex on Fire
Chapter 27: Daddy Issues
Chapter 28: Daddy Issues [Part 2]
Chapter 29: Papa Don't Preach
Chapter 30: Treat You Better
Chapter 31: Overjoyed | Brighter than sunshine
Chapter 32: Toxic
Chapter 33: Praying
Chapter 34: Heart attack | Sálvame
Chapter 35: I Need You
Chapter 36: Invincible | You Say
Chapter 37: Holding out for a hero
Chapter 39: Black Magic
Chapter 40: The Boy IS Mine
Chapter 41: Best Part
Chapter 42: Colours of You
Chapter 43: A New Day Has Come [EPILOGUE]
Bonus Chapter: Remember Me
The Rogue's Mate (A Werewolf Story)

Chapter 38: Poor Unfortunate Souls

1K 56 4
By LeonardoMontero531

Liam

It's not looking good.

We're almost graduating from high school and Mia is yet to be mated. The situation is so bad her parents booked a psychologist to talk her through it.

She's not the first werewolf to graduate mateless. The only reason why I didn't is because I failed and had to repeat the year.

But this is not about my shortcomings. And if I open my mouth now to tell her anything, I'd risk getting slapped on the face.

She needs another person to relate to but right now is not looking good. Even 'tarantula' got mated. And if his mate catches you calling him that, she'll growl at you. Yes, really.

But who said anything about werewolves being normal?🙄

Speaking of normalcy, I'm yet to bottom again for my mate. Not that I don't want to, I'm just in my head about it. But he has been patient with me and is not pressuring me into it.

However, it doesn't mean we don't have fun. We do something naughty whenever his busy schedule permits, which is basically only on weekends.

Back in April, after my birthday party, we had so much fun in my room afterwards. Honestly, I had a blast the entire evening.

And though George couldn't get Mia mated, some people did get matched at the birthday party. You know what they say, mates only ever need to stay within half a mile distance from each other and BAM!

Poor Mia. I do feel for her. It's not that she's desperate and horny, necessarily. It's the companionship that hurts the most. The lack of bonding with someone.

Especially when practically everyone else in our grade is paired up.

Tyler has been keeping me busy as well with Luna training. It's not as hard work as Alpha internship - I imagine - but I do need to pay close attention to his duties.

He takes it very seriously. But he likes to keep the learning fun, as much as possible. He's been a Goddess sent throughout and it's great to spend time with another omega.

As far as school is concerned, I'm good to graduate. My grades are up. My mom is happy about it and she's killing at her job too.

There's already talk of a possible promotion for her soon. Nothing fancy, she is to take on more responsibility at the office. No one can be higher than a Stonehold there and she knows it. But it's fine, the important factor is that she's fulfilled.

At least, in the work department.

"Mom, there are almost 21 thousand people in this town. I'm sure there are a few hot widowers you can date. Just saying..." - I suggested to her in a good mood.

We're entering the guest dining hall to have breakfast on a Tuesday morning. It's May. And now that I'm fully healed and out of foreseeable danger, I'm trying to push my mom into taking more care of herself.

I don't want her to be lonely just because she doesn't have a mate by her side. She's barely 40 years old. And this whole situation with Mia has my mind thinking how lonely it can be for someone without a mate.

Though my mom's situation is nothing compared to Mia's. Which is precisely why I'm suggesting dating to her and not to the teenager, though she should probably date as well. I'm just not meddling with her.

"Thank you for your interest in my romantic life, son. Whenever I'm ready for dating again, I'll let you know." - Mom replied, raising an eyebrow with a slight annoyance.

"It's been 19 years, mom. You are allowed to be happy too." - I persisted in a humble tone.

"I am happy. Now, grab some bacon before the hungry bunch takes it all." - She said, referencing the warriors at the table. They are notorious for stealing all the bacon if you don't act as soon as the food is served. And no, the cooking staff is not gonna prepare you any more.

'Who do you think you are? Alpha Stonehold?' - Yes, I've really heard that once from one of the cooks. It turns out, unless you sign people's paychecks, they don't really care about your opinion... go figure. I mean, they also care about the Beta's, of course. But he is the head of this household.

I wanna push on the subject, but not to the point of irritating her. So I let it go for now. But I worry for my mom once I leave the pack house to go live with my mate.

After I'm done having breakfast, I brush my teeth and grab my school bag. My mate is waiting for me to carpool to school with Charlie. He picks up Junior along the way and off we go past the compound gate.

"George, have you given any thought as to where we're going to live after your ascension?" - I asked him, curiously. We're just about to leave the parked car with the boys. Everyone is surprised by my question. But graduation is right around the corner.

"I haven't thought about it, to be honest. But I suppose you can choose a house for us to live in after OUR ascension." - He replied, pensive.

We start walking towards the school entrance.

"In that case, can we have that condo where--"

"No!" - He cuts me off sharply. I glare at him.

"I'm sorry, Liam. My dad would never let me live outside of the compound. I should have been more clear. I meant a house within the pack condominium." - He elaborated, a bit embarrassed.

"Aren't you gonna be Alpha? Why can't you live wherever you want?" - I shot back in a snarky mood.

"Because though I'm gonna be Alpha, I still need my father's approval BEFORE I ascend. Also, there's the small matter of an imminent attack. There's no way my dad is gonna let me be unprotected. Especially after what happened to his family." - He argued in a incisive tone.

The boys glance at me as he said that. I gulped.

"I take your point. And I get it. I can't exactly blame your father. That's exactly why the compound was built in the first place." - I conceded, remorsefully.

I can see it's not a fight I can win. Alpha Stonehold would never let him live outside of the heavy security offered by the compound. Even if we were attacked, the compound is easily the most defensible place in town. It's high walled with electrical barbwire and has only one point of access. One reinforced steel gate that can sustain anything except for a tank or a RPG.

He wouldn't let George live outside under normal conditions and this impending war that can strike us at any moment only makes things worse. I can't exactly fault his reasoning.

We greet our friends at the school yard as Charlie goes to find Annie. Mia looked dreadful as ever in these days, but silently.

"Have you guys thought about where are you gonna live after graduation?" - I asked Sebastian, who got surprised by my question.

"We did. Delta Underwood said I can pick out a house that he'll gift us." - He replied, looking at his mate beside him.

"Of course. Good for you." - I smiled at him contently.

"What about you?" - He asked me, intrigued.

"I haven't yet. But I can only live inside the compound, so I need to see what's available." - I informed, a bit underwhelmed.

"I'm sorry, Liam. But I can't go against my dad on this. He will never let me live unprotected. It's a non starter." - George apologized, feeling guilty.

"I get it, mate. Don't sweat it! It's not that big of a deal. Plus, it's better if I live near my mom anyway. I don't wanna be too far away from her. And she'll probably be on your dad's side on this." - I said, trying to make him feel better. There is no point in picking a lost battle.

"What about you, Junior?" - I asked him. Trisha isn't here because she's talking to her own friends. She splits her time between them and us, when she's not with her mate.

"Trisha will go to college in the Fall. I guess, I'll live at the pack house alone. That's where the Beta lives." - He informed, pensive.

"Right. I forgot about that. Beta Gutierrez will move out and you'll move in." - I commented, a bit flustered.

Junior looks a bit uncomfortable. But it's true. It goes with the territory. Miriam will also go to college and Jeff is yet to define where he'll live. Mia too has college plans.

Later inside the classroom, the teacher barely got inside and her face went ghost blank. She looked spooked.

"Is there something wrong, Mrs. S? Is anyone else pregnant?" - Trisha asked her and we gasped in shock at the question. Though this time, it literally couldn't be me.

"No, Patricia. I mean, I can't scent anything because Sebastian's pregnancy overpowers my senses. So, I couldn't tell you even if you were. But that's not it. Something else happened. Stonehold has died." - She replied and my heart sank.

"WHAT?" - George shouted in a desperate tone. Tears and despair are already sinking in.

"I'm sorry, George. I mean--"

"This is Alpha Stonehold. I'm saddened to report that my grandfather, the former Alpha of the Stonehold pack, Jeremiah Stonehold has passed away. He is survived by his loving mate. The Alpha has fallen. Long Live the Alpha!"

"Long Live the Alpha!" - The students chanted throughout the whole school.

I hugged my mate for comfort after this shocking news.

"Charlie, George, you're both excused from classes to be with your family." - Principal Burke announced on the speaker system.

All the students offered their condolences as my mate gathered his belongings to leave. I kiss him on the cheek and tell him I'd see him later.

We had to carry on with the classes as we must. I didn't get to know his great grandfather, but I'm sure it's a blow to Alpha Stonehold as he was instrumental after his father passed.

Naturally, everyone talked about this throughout the school today. Even if most of the students didn't know him personally, it's still a former Stonehold Alpha.

After classes ended, I went straight to the Alpha residence. His father was very sad, grieving this loss. I was there for my mate as best as I could, even if just to offer a shoulder to cry on.

As the days went by, thousands of people attended his funeral service at the City Hall. I mean, there wasn't enough space for the population but a line was created for people who wished to say goodbye to him.

His mate, Alpha's grandmother, looked severely distraught. She cried very much and took comfort with her grandson and other relatives.

All the Stonehold family attended his funeral, his 5 other siblings and their children, also the 'third generation' including Sebastian's mom (who was his great niece). It was nice to have a familiar face there since he and his dad were present too.

There are a LOT of Stoneholds in this town. And no one would skip on this. He was a respected man and beloved family member. Beta Gutierrez and his mate, much like Luna Tyler's parents have also attended.

Not to mention Alpha Stonehold's aunt and uncle, his foster parents. It was definitely a family affair and as grand as his status entailed. They had to close City Hall for this.

Luna Tyler cancelled my training with him for the rest of the week as his family mourned the passing. I took this time to check in with my mom - who also attended the funeral, out of respect for the Stoneholds.

Still, life goes on as it must. And as the days passed, someone's birthday approached.

"Are you okay?" - I asked my mate a week later.

"I am. I mean, I didn't take it as hard as my dad because his grandfather was a huge presence when he was growing up and especially after he lost his family." - George replied in a somber tone.

We're at school, moments before class starts.

"Well, I'm glad your dad has you and your brother. I'm sure he takes strength from his boys in a time like this." - I commented, caressing his hair.

"Yeah. Probably. But he seems taken aback by it. It has hit him hard." - He remarked in a concerned tone.

"That's to be expected, George. It's only been one week. This will hurt him for a good time." - I explained with a sorrowed expression.

The teacher entered and he goes back to his seat.

Some time later, we're talking at the cafeteria during lunch break.

"So Mia, where are you going to college? Is it Rice, like Miriam? Or UT, like Trisha?" - I asked her, trying to cheer her up a bit.

Poor girl, she never recovered from not finding her mate at my birthday party. And she's such a vivacious young lady. Always making jokes and saying she wanna catch me and my mate together. Or Justin and Seb.

Though I don't think she's joking when she says this in particular.😳

"It's kind of a funny story. I got accepted to both, I was waiting to find out where my mate would go to decide. But now I just want to go to the farthest away from here. I'm thinking somewhere in New York. I got into Columbia as well, full ride." - She replied with a saddened expression.

Damn! She really is a genius! How many colleges did she get accepted into? Don't need to humiliate the rest of us poor unfortunate souls.😅

"Wow! I knew you are a genius, I just didn't realize you got accepted into every college in the East Coast." - I snickered, a bit self conscious about my lack of prospects. I mean, apart from the whole becoming Luna of the pack.

"I applied to several because I wanted to go wherever my mate got accepted to. But now I just want to get away. Maybe have fun with college humans, you know?" - She expressed her wishes and we all feel for her.

We're raised on this concept of mating. None of us can escape it - trust me, I've tried - so when it doesn't happen for some reason, it can throw us off for a loop. I get it. Though it doesn't seem now that I'm perfectly happy, I can relate to her sentiment.

"Well, I'm sure you'll make the best decision for yourself. But I have hope that by the time George and Junior ascend, you'll find your mate at their ceremony." - I told her with an uplifting tone.

"It's OUR ascension. You'll ascend too. How many times --" - My mate was annoyed at me when we're interrupted by a scream.

Sebastian looked terrified and in pain. Justin got startled by it and asked what was the matter.

"Something is wrong with the baby!" - Seb spoke, feeling ill. He touches his belly with a worried expression.

Suddenly, there's blood coming out of his rear. Justin and Seb get desperate at this, startling everyone around us.

They go to the nurse's office, who hurriedly takes Sebastian to the hospital with Justin.

Oh my Goddess! Can't we catch a break in this bitch? Jesus! Leave us alone! Stop torturing us poor unfortunate souls!

I need Sebastian's baby to be okay. It's been 6 months. Please! I need something good before we're attacked or something...😓

A|N: Poor Seb. :'(

Honestly, I had no idea what to name this chapter until the college talk.

I feel bad for the baby daddies. And poor Jack... losing father figures.

I do love this song and it's such a tentpole.

Next chapter we'll find out what happened to Seb and the fetus.

It's called "Black Magic" and it comes with an unexpected twist.

Love,

Léo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 2.2K 27
Matteo was raised under the impression that how he looked was the only thing that mattered. As the Omega son to wealthy parents whom were part of a w...
889K 40.4K 75
BOOK #1 IN APOLLO SERIES Blaze was not happy in life, and everyone knew it. The adopted son of the Alpha and Luna was taking it day by day until he c...
378K 14.2K 39
*THE EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK IS ON TAPAS* THIS IS THE BOOK 2 OF "HIS ALPHA", CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE BUT I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ BO...
14.3K 591 21
Previously known as "Alpha Damian (boyxboy)" /Werewolf/Romance/Love Triangle/Gay/ [bxb] Alec has been angry ever since the death of his father. Two y...