World on Fire

By TheQuietHufflepuff

An alien threatens to wipe out half of all life on Earth. Pure genocide. The heroes try their best to stop h... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
2018
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
2018-2023
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Book Three

09

17 2 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

The First Group which had Tony, Steve, Bruce and Scott, traveled to New York in 2012. The Chitauri snarled and the iconic circle take around the six original Avengers assembled. At a side street, Scott, Steve, Bruce and Tony materialized.

"All right, we all have our assignments," Steve said. "Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

2012!Hulk passed by them, smashing everything in his way. Bruce put his hand on his face, embarrassed.

"Feel free to smash a few things along the way."

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever," Bruce said.

Present!Bruce pretended to smash things in a sarcastic way. He tore his shirt off and walked over to a car. He lightly punched the car, making a small dent, all the while making growling noises. He picked up a motorbike and threw it at a wall, wincing as it hit the wall.

---

At the Roof of the Sanctum Sanctorum, the 2012!Ancient One protected it. Bruce tried to enter through the roof before noticing her.

"I'd be careful going that way," the 2012!Ancient One warned. "We just had the floors waxed."

"I'm looking for Doctor Strange," Bruce said.

"You're about... five years too early. Stephen Strange is currently performing surgery about twenty blocks that way. What do you want from him?"

"That, actually," Bruce said as he pointed toward the Eye of Agamotto where the Time Stone was kept.

The 2012!Ancient One looked at it. "Ah! I'm afraid not."

"Sorry, but I wasn't asking."

"You don't wanna do this."

"Ah, you're right, I don't," Bruce replied as he made a grab at the Eye of Agamotto. "But I need that Stone, and I don't have time to beat it-"

The 2012!Ancient One pushed Bruce's astral forms out of his body. Bruce, who was now in astral form, looked at The Ancient One, horrified. "Let's start over, shall we?"

Asgard - 2013

Loki was sitting in his prison cell. Without him noticing, Rocket and Thor crept by, past the cell. They stopped at a pillar a few meters away room of where Jane Foster was.

"That's Jane," Thor said.

"All right," Rocket replied. "Here's the deal, Tubby: You're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing," he held up a device, "and extract the Reality Stone and get gone, lickety-split."

"I'll be right back, okay? There's a wine cellar, that's just down there. My father used to have this huge barrel of Aakonian ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups..."

"Hey! Hey! Aren't you drunk enough already?"

A door opened and Thor and Rocket both tried to hide. Ladies walked along with 2013!Frigga. Thor saw his mother.

"Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket asked.

"It's my mother," Thor replied. "She dies today."

"Oh. That's today?"

"I can't do this. I can't do this. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea."

"Come here." He stood in front of him.

"No, no, no. I think I'm having... I'm having a panic attack. I shouldn't be here... this is... this is a bad-"

"Come here. Right here." He slapped Thor in the face. "You think you're the only one who lost people? What do you think we're doing here? I lost the only family I ever had. Quill, Groot, Drax, the chick with the antenna, all gone. Now, I get you miss your mom. But she's gone. Really gone. And there are plenty of people who are only kinda gone. But you can help them. So is it too much to ask that you brush the crumbs outta your beard, make schmoopy talk to Pretty Pants, and when she's not looking, suck out the Infinity Stone and help me get my family back?"

"Okay."

"Are you crying?"

"No... Yes!"

"Get it together! You can do this. You can do this. All right?"

"Yes, I can."

"Good."

"I can do this. I can do it, I can't do this." He ran away.

"All right, Heartbreaker. She's alone. This is our shot." He turned back to where Thor was moments ago. "Thor? Thor! Aaagh!!!"

MORAG - 2014

Rhodey and Gianna got off the Benatar as it landed and said, "All right. Bring it down low. Right on that line. That's it. Down, down."

"Hey, can we hurry it up?" Clint asked.

"Guys, chop-chop. Come on. We're on a clock," Natasha told them.

Nebula walked out of the ship, after having directed it to its next destination.

"All that, is really helpful," Rhodey said, hugging Natasha. "Take care, okay?"

"Yeah," Natasha replied.

"Take that Stone and come back," Gianna told them. "No messing around."

Clint said to Rhodey and Gianna, "Hey. You got this."

"Let's get it done," Rhodey replied. "Yes, sir."

Natasha walked with Clint back into the ship and said, "I'll see you back."

"You guys watch each other's six."

Clint and Natasha looked back and smiled before Clint replied, "Yeah."

They walked back into the ship, and the hatch closed. The ship took off and sped out of the atmosphere of Morag.

"The coordinates for Vormir are laid in," Nebula informed. "All they have to do is not fall out."

BENATAR

Clint and Natasha were sitting at the front of the ship. The ship took a jump through space and sped up tremendously. Natasha and Clint looked at each other.

"It's a long way from Budapest," Clint said and Natasha laughed.

MORAG

Rhodey, Gianna and Nebula were standing around and Rhodey said, "Okay, so, uhh... We just wait around for this Quill guy to show up and then he leads us to the Power Stone, is that it?"

Nebula looked around and replied, "Let's take cover. We're not the only ones in 2014 looking for the Stones."

Gianna frowned. "Wait a minute, what are you talking about right now? Who else is looking for these Stones?"

"My father, my sister... and me."

"And you? Where are you right now?"

---

2014!Gamora and 2014!Nebula were fighting some Korbinite soldiers.

2014!Gamora helped Nebula up and said, "You're welcome."

"I didn't ask for your help," 2014!Nebula retorted.

"And yet, you always need it." 2014!Nebula laughed. "Get up. Father wants us back on the ship."

"Why?"

"He's found an Infinity Stone."

"Where?"

"On a planet called Morag."

"Father's plan is finally in motion."

"One Stone isn't six, Nebula."

"It's a start."

"If he gets all of them..."

2014!Thanos arrived, with a double-bladed sword in tow and a healthy coating blood of his armor before saying, "Ronan's located the Power Stone. I'm dispatching you to his ship."

"He won't like that."

"His alternative is death, then." 2014!Thanos wiped his double-bladed sword. "Ronan's obsession clouds his judgement."

"We will not fail you, Father," 2014!Nebula said.

2014!Gamora rolled her eyes as 2014!Thanos replied, "No, you won't."

"I swear... I will make you proud." She was suddenly in pain and opened future Nebula's memories.

Memory!Rhodey said, "We just, wait around for this Quill guy to show up, and then he leads us to the Power Stone, is that it?"

"Let's take cover," Memory!Nebula replied. "We're not the only ones in 2014 looking for the Stones."

2014!Nebula shut off the memory and 2014!Gamora asked, "Who was that?"

"I don't know..." 2014!Nebula stated. "My head is splitting... I don't know..."

"Her synaptic drive was probably damaged in battle."

2014!Thanos walked towards 2014!Nebula and brought his blade to her throat before saying, "Shhh..." He pointed to 2014!Nebula. "Bring her to my ship."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 34 40
The threat of a Mad Titan wiping out half the universe looms over the heroes. And then he does what they thought impossible and wins. Now it's a fi...
3K 27 52
Connie and Bucky are doing their best to live a peaceful life. For awhile everything is fine. Then it all comes crashing down when they are blamed fo...
23.7K 497 31
BOOK 3 OF 3 It all comes down to this. The final fight. It's now or never. This story will contain Spider-Man: Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, an...
1.6K 17 39
Madeleine, with the help of her family, has pieced together parts of her past. Peace ends for the little family in Europe when one is blamed for som...