Nonconformity | Henry Creel

By rancidfart69

"You're dreaming, I should think," His breath caressed my skin. It was there and then gone, far too fleeting... More

Nonconformity
The First Stage
Peter
The Great Escape
Oh, Sixteen
Failing
Do You Understand?
I Got It
Tell Him
Calming Morbidity
You're Going to Wish I Had
Don't Apologize
Putting a Gun in My Mouth
Maggots
Mind Your Language
Afraid
Don't Patronize Me
Arson
I Hate You
Kazan, Russia
Metalsmith
War
We Warned You
He Hated Her
I Can Wait
McLaughlin
A Fall From Grace
To be Slaughtered
Nightmares
The Moon and the Sun
Missed Call
Fatal
Our Garden
I Should've Known
Calamity
The Beginnings of the End
Melancholia

Crime and Punishment

923 26 11
By rancidfart69

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

I wanted to give you absolute virgins something for Halloween because I am so generous and kind 😇😇😇😇😇

THIS ONE IS IN PETER'S POV WOOOOOOOOOO (guys. I'm gonna be honest. This man is a little toxic. Im trying to keep him canon and he's definitely a gaslighter)

I hope you enjoy!

Plz comment :)

(Sorry for calling you a virgin plz don't block me)

Henry watched the patients file into the training room one by one. Each child had a look of apprehension written across their face as they lined up near the wall. Word of Two's attack hadn't broke yet, and so Brenner's impromptu mandatory meeting must've been a mystery to them all. Of course, they'd been here long enough to know it couldn't mean anything good.

Sixteen, however, was new.

Henry saw her walk into the room, seemingly unfazed by the prospect of a group meeting. She tried to get the attention of her friend, Six, but the girl wouldn't respond. The entire room bubbled with nervous tension as they anticipated the brutality which was no doubt about to ensue.

Henry couldn't deny the pit in his stomach, either. It wasn't like he empathized with the others-- no, that wasn't possible-- but standing there, watching it unfold, he was reminded of being in their place. Being a confused child wrapped up in colorless hospital gowns, forced to navigate an impossible situation. He mourned for himself.

It was a rare occasion when he felt grateful for his status as orderly, but days like these, he couldn't help it. Maybe it was selfish, but Henry would much rather be on the inflicting end of a taser than the receiving one. He didn't take a great amount of joy from hurting the kids, but he certainly didn't feel bad about it, either.

It was them or himself. Self-preservation was all he had left.

Things had changed since then. Just a little. Now he had Sixteen to worry about, though he much preferred the way it was before. Back then, he didn't have anyone to hold him accountable for his reprehensible actions, and even if they did, it didn't really matter.

Now, Henry couldn't deny the import of Sixteen's opinion. In his head, she wasn't just on a pedestal. She sat in the clouds, glaring down at him with her sovereign gaze. He used to hate her for it but, eventually, he realized he had no one but himself to blame. He was the one who let her crawl inside his head.

Of course, though, Henry knew the feeling was mutual-- perhaps even stronger on her part. Sixteen wouldn't ever admit it, but he knew the power he held over her was far greater than she let on. He liked that. So much was out of his control, but Sixteen wasn't. For months, he'd been carefully weaving a web around her, tying up her wrists and ankles without her even noticing. Now, she was reduced to a puppet on his strings. One Henry had no problem maneuvering around, bending to his wishes, but only at the cost of his own sanity.

Sixteen wasn't stupid. She knew which strings to pull, too.

It seemed like today, she didn't want want to play puppeteer at all. Henry could see her across the room, making a conscious effort to avoid eye contact. It didn't come as a surprise to him; not after the dream he'd given her. Sixteen's modesty would be her undoing, as much as Henry adored it. Even last night, when his fingers were buried inside of her, she clung onto it. With the furious, humiliated flush of her cheeks, she clung. Henry's stomach turned at the memory. What he would do to see that face again. To capture it and frame it like a trophy.

After all, last night was quite the victory. It wasn't everyday when a person as unabashed and brazen as Sixteen was beneath him, turned to clay while he sculpted her however he pleased. The days prior, she'd been angry with him for leaving her so unsatisfied, standing alone in her room when he knew she wanted just the opposite.

Henry couldn't deny the desire to make her wait. Perhaps it was sadistic, but he wanted to draw this all out. Make her wonder about his next move, teeter on the edge of her seat until she couldn't take it anymore. A fair punishment, he decided, for doing the same to him.

It wouldn't last forever. Soon, they'd be beyond such petty games.

For now, Henry would take great pleasure out of watching her come undone for him.

"Children," Brenner's voice pulled him away from his lewd thoughts. Brenner addressed the children with all the condescension he usually did, but there was an added sense of hostility woven in the words. A few of the patients became tense, holding their breaths as though that would save them. Even Henry couldn't help but roll back his shoulders, assuming the posture Brenner had spent so many hours nailing into him with tasers, punches, and all other forms of 'reminders.'

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I've called you here," Brenner began pacing up and down the line, abandoning the 'fatherly' facade he so often adorned, "Unfortunately, it seems I've become a little too lenient-- enough for a few of your siblings to think they're somehow immune to the rules."

What worried Henry was that he didn't know exactly what Brenner planned to do. Usually the man was easy to predict; it wasn't often when he strayed from routine. Today was certainly one of those days, though. After Two was found in the bathroom, beaten and bloody, stabbed through the kidney, Brenner all but lost his mind. That morning had been spent standing with the rest of the staff, sorting through security camera footage only to find it had been tampered with. He watched 'Papa' become more and more angry, until he eventually called a meeting.

Henry knew who attacked Two. Of course, though, when Brenner had prompted the staff to tell him any and all possible suspects, he stayed quiet. He wouldn't ever sell her out unless he had to, like when Sixteen was searching for that tape from the day she arrived.

Knowing that Sixteen was capable of such brutality, such depravedness, only made Henry more enamored with her. Weeks ago, he told himself he would kill her when he got the chance. The prospect was still alluring, yes, but keeping her with him was even more so. How powerful she was... How powerful they could be together.

"Two among you have been attacked in the last few weeks," Papa's gaze cut to Sixteen, "Sixteen, please step forward."

Sixteen's face remained emotionless as she glanced at Six sidelong. After a few hesitant moments, she stepped forward. Though she hid it wonderfully, Henry could feel her panic. The worry that, perhaps, she hadn't covered up her tracks well enough. One of the pitfalls of caring for someone, Henry realized, was fearing for them, too. His heart clenched uncomfortably in his chest as she separated herself from the group.

Brenner offered her a soft smile, one that sent irritation down Henry's spine, and then he continued, "As the rest of you might have noticed, Two is absent from today's meeting. The reason being yesterday, he sustained a stab wound to the stomach, a broken wrist, and multiple other injuries. Unfortunately, this isn't the first attack of its kind."

The children were visibly confused, having had no inclination of the violence taking place behind the scenes these last few months. All they ever knew was brief power outages and panicked guards.

"Four weeks ago Sixteen, too, was attacked in a very similar manner," Brenner eyed every single child with accusation, "And a man, Vincent McLaughlin, was killed not even a week ago. Now, I know I didn't hurt anyone, and nor did the nurses or the guards. Conveniently, the cameras were also inoperative at the time of these attacks. The only people who could possibly affect the cameras and attack someone with such force is... one of you."

Sixteen balled her hands into fists. Henry had watched her long enough to know what that meant-- she was scared.

"You may step back, Sixteen," Brenner said. She didn't hesitate this time. In fact, she almost ran to her spot in line, body language betraying her attempts to seem collected. Sixteen's frightened fingers wrapped around her friend's arm the moment she was back by Six's side.

That annoyed Henry, too. He should've been the one to soothe her.

She didn't seem to realize how willing Henry was. How superior. If it was comfort she was looking for, then he could comfort her better than any other. If it was pleasure, then he could give her pleasure utterly unrivaled. Should she need to be ruined, he could ruin her, too. Ruin her best. Not even God himself could tend to her like he could.

Didn't she know?

She had to know.

Brenner, once against, pulled him from his thoughts.

"It's clear that the perpetrator of these crimes needs help, and so I am offering them a deal. Whichever one of you is responsible, you have one week to come forward," Brenner glanced at the children one by one. Some stayed still, paralyzed under his gaze. Others dropped their heads as though that would save them from his relentless glare. "Now, I can't promise that they won't face punishment. Insubordination on such a scale is utterly unacceptable. However, should they come forward of their own accord, I promise it will be swift."

No one moved. No one breathed.

"Should no one come forward within the next seven days..." Brenner's voice echoed around the virtually empty room, loud enough to make Henry's ears ring. "A group punishment will be administered on each one of you, regardless of who is at fault."

A few soft gasps echoed through the room. Henry's heart dropped into his stomach. For a moment, his impassive facade dropped, and his wide eyes shot over to Sixteen.

"The victims of these crimes will not be punished no matter who comes forward," Brenner sent Sixteen a soft smile, as if to reassure her, but she only look more horrified. Henry calmed. As long as she wasn't getting hurt.

Though, Sixteen clearly didn't feel the same way. He knew what she was thinking. She'd been the one to attack Two, after all. She blamed herself for the punishment that would no doubt befall the other children. He cursed her for that sense of morality; for caring about those who weren't worthy of her empathy. It was moments like this where Henry was reminded of why she needed him so desperately. Who would guide her, if not for him? Who would keep her from harm?

He had to be greedy with her, he realized. He had to keep her to himself or else he'd risk her putting herself in danger for these people. And, from the look on her lovely face, she was more than willing. It was infuriating. She was infuriating. Henry would've killed every one of them to keep her from such a degrading fate.

And then she stepped forward.

Anger simmered in his chest like a million, scalding-hot suns. "Fool," he whispered under his breath. How could someone so smart be so stupid?

"Papa," She called out. Her siblings fell absolutely silent while Six reached out and tried to pull her back. "A group punishment isn't necessary."

Brenner cast her a cold look, "Hush, Sixteen. Go back in line."

She faltered for a moment. Fear crept into her eyes, distorting the features on her face. Silently, Henry urged her to do as she was told. This could only end badly.

But when had Sixteen ever listened to him? "I won't," She replied, drawing herself up. Resilience poured like a waterfall from every word she spoke. "It's not fair to punish all of them for another person's bad actions. How does that make you any better than the one you're trying to punish?"

The other orderly placed his hand on the taser near his waist. Henry's jaw clenched. This was not going to end well. She was going to get herself hurt.

"I am trying to teach your siblings a lesson in obedience. One you clearly haven't learned yourself," Brenner took careful steps towards Sixteen. She held her ground, staring up at him with all the fury she could manage. "If you have any further objections, number Sixteen, then you can join your siblings for their punishment next week. Hm?"

She narrowed her eyes, "What makes you think any of this is okay? It's honestly beyond me."

Brenner stared at her for a few moments longer, clearly pondering what move he was going to make next. A tentative silence filled the entire room. Even the cameras seemed to pause their endless flitting around to let everyone stew in it. Sixteen never broke eye contact, never blinked, as though she were in some sordid staring contest.

Brenner held out his hand toward the other orderly. "Daniel, would you please hand me your taser?"

"Papa..." Her mouth fell open. Fear poured in, but also anger. The light above her head flashed on and off. Henry dug his nails into hand, neatly folded behind his back. He barely restrained the urge to step forward, to force Sixteen back in line, to save her from her own morals. How brave she was. Brave, but not for the right reasons. These children were not worth a moment of her suffering.

"This is your last warning, Number Sixteen," Brenner brandished the taser in his wrinkled hand, staring Sixteen down with the most murderous glint in his eyes. Henry could see the debate going on in her head, the refusal to give into resignation, and the knowing she didn't have a choice.

After a few more moments, she swallowed. "It's just not right," she said softly, before dropping her head and stepping back in line. Henry sighed quietly and relaxed his shoulders. Good girl. He knew it must've been difficult.

'It won't always be like this,' he wanted to promise her. One day, it would be she who Brenner answered to. That is if Brenner was permitted to live long enough to see it happen.

"Good," Brenner glanced around the room once more, cool, collected fury gleaming in those lifeless eyes. "All of you, report to your rooms. You have much to think about. I do hope the perpetrator comes forward. For all of your sakes."

That was Henry's cue.

Silently, he walked towards the door and wrenched it open. The boy closest, number Seventeen, watched him nervously. "Go on," Henry said, nodding towards the hallway. He smiled afterwards, hoping to soothe the boy's nerves as best he could. Seventeen simply dipped his head and walked out of the room. His smile fell.

The rest of the patients trailed behind him as though they were on their way to a guillotine. All with slow, dragging steps, lowered eyes, paled skin. None made a sound, for fear that would work their 'Papa' into yet another fit of rage.

Henry watched Sixteen get closer and closer to the door. She never met his eyes. It wasn't to avoid thinking about that dream, not like earlier. Instead, it was shame. She couldn't meet his eyes because she knew 'Peter' knew-- she was the one who hurt Two. He wanted to tell her he wasn't angry, that he didn't blame her. He wanted to make her feel divine until guilt wasn't even an option.

Of course, though, the wasn't possible.

He opted for the next best thing. As she walked by him, he reached for her hand with as much subtlety as he could manage. He brushed his fingers along hers, and then her head shot back up. Sadness filled her eyes, desperation, but when they made eye contact, it lessened for a moment. The softest hint of a smile came upon her enchanting lips.

Henry's heartbeat picked up. He smiled back.

That smile fell, though, when something flashed before his eyes. A box, marked '001.' His old room, dusty and decrepit, filled with spiders. His tapes grasped in Sixteen's hands while she combed through them. 'Dream A Little Dream of Me' playing through a blue and grey walkman.

When Sixteen's hand left his, the images disappeared.

He told her to leave it alone-- to stop investigating into matters she didn't have any place in. He thought stealing that tape from the day she arrived would keep her off his trail.

He thought wrong.

Now, Henry had a problem to solve.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 401 22
"We've known each other longer than you think, love." • 1982 • (smut included) • Josephine Brenner was now used to the confinement of the white tiled...
2.2K 37 11
Trigger Warning: There will be smut, gore, murder,suicide, and many more triggering things there will be a warning at the top of every chapter tellin...
5.9K 188 10
DARK ROMANCE WARNING In a small town named Hawkins, stood an eerie lab. In that lab, held one of the most dangerous test subjects to come across. I...
16.5K 486 12
[COMPLETED] ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴋʏʟɪɴᴇ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴇɴꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ɪ'ᴅ ᴜɴᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴜʀɴꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴅᴏʀᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴏ...