Clash of Worlds

By and12winter

A portal between Earth and a fantasy world is discovered near a small town in Central Italy. Ho... More

Lomor Empire and royal family bio.
Kharn continent and other characters bio
Chapter 1: Lost in Another World
Chapter 2:The Portal
Chapter 3: The Contact
Italy bio
Chapter 4: The Team
Chapter 5: The Adventurers' Guild
Chapter 6: Two Worlds Finally Meet
Chapter 7: Cultural Exchange
Chapter 8: Castir
Chapter 9: The Academy of Magic Part 1
Chapter 10: The Academy of Magic part 2
Chapter 11: The Academy of Magic Part 3
Chapter 12: Meeting with The Lord
Chapter 13: The Emperor
Chapter 14: Diplomacy
Chapter 15: History is Being Made
Chapter 16: Visiting Earth
Chapter 17: Rome, The Città Eterna .
Chapter 18: Learning Earth's History Part 1.
Chapter 19: Learning Earth's History Part 2
Chapter 20: Learning Earth's History Part 3
Chapter 21: Reactions
Chapter 22: Lomor's History
Chapter 23: Going to America
Announcement
Chapter 24: The Big Apple
Chapter 25: The UN Meeting Part 1
Chapter 26: The UN Meeting Part 2
Chapter 27: Going Back Home.
Chapter 28: Family Meeting
Chapter 29: The Embassy
Chapter 30: The Nature of Magic
Chapter 31: The Meeting Starts
Chapter 32: Politics and Fairies
Chapter 33: The Embassy Battle Part 1
Chapter 34: The Embassy Battle Part 2
Chapter 35: The Embassy Battle Part 3
Chapter 36: The Aftermath of The Battle.
Chapter 37: War and Peace
Chapter 38: Magic VS Tanks
Chapter 40: Warriors of The World
Chapter 41: The Coup
Chapter 42: The Battle of Selos Forest.
Chapter 43: The Solat Alliance Attacks
Chapter 44: Echoes From A Distant Past
Chapter 45: The Ambush
Chapter 46: A New Era
Chapter 47: Infitrating the Academy + Politcs and Stuff
Chapter 48: The Siege of Castir Part 1.
Chapter 49: The Siege of Castir Part 2
Chapter 50: The Siege of Castir Part 3
Chapter 51: The Siege of Castir Part 4 (The End)
Chapter 52: Hunting the Demon Lord
Chapter 53: Secrets of The Past
Chapter 54: Planning the Next Moves
Chapter 55: Fortunate Son
Chapter 56: Defeating The Alliance
Chapter 57: Operation Fallen Angel
Chapter 58: The Final Battle Begins
Chapter 59: The Demon Lord's Stratagem
Chapter 60: Coppelli's Resolve.
Chapter 61: Battle Aganist the Demon Lord Part 1
Chapter 62: Battle Aganist the Demon Lord Part 2

Chapter 39: Italy Goes to War

1K 34 19
By and12winter

Rome, Chigi Palace. The day after the portal battle.

"They have crossed the limit! They even have killed or kidnapped our foreign minister!" Yelled the Chief of Staff of the italian army.

"Calm down! We have to sort things out with our allies first." Replied the PM.

"We will also have to talk to our people after we have made our mind." Added the President of The Italian Republic.

"I bet our men of our secret service are treating our lomorian guest very kindly..." Said the PM.

Meanwhile...

"Barbarians! You will never make me talk." Said general Grivorius.

"Trust me, we're being too kind. There are many people that would want to torture you in a very painful way. You will never get out from here unless you talk." Said a figure with a suit.

"Why your army attacked our world?" Asked the same figure.

"Because you are barbarians that want to force our imperial family to become your vassal! We'll never accept a thing like that!" Asnwered the general.

"We only want to protect our people. If we wanted to conquer your world we would have already attacked but I bet our foreign minister already told you this..."

"I thought that you were smarter. Attack our country with less than a thousand man? Don't make me laugh!" He continued.

These words only made the general angrier but something weird started happening...

"Where am I? I thought I was guarding the portal with prince Stefanus..." Said the general.

"Don't fool me general Grivorius. What a ridiculus act you are making!" Said the secret agent.

"Who are you? Did you kidnap me? Are you from Earth? Answer me!" 

"Please give an Oscar to that man! He's very skilled but I will not fall for this."

"You will remain here untill you talk. Goodbye!" 

Then he left the interrogation room but continued to watch the man through a special glass that obscured him.

"What do you think Michele?" He said to another man.

"I don't know. But the embassy attack and this attack. Something stinks..."

Sometime after...

"We have the reports of the SSI." Said a soldier.

"Hand them to me." Said the PM.

"Interesting... The general dosen't remember anything almost like he has been brainwashed. He was questioned by a lot of psychologist and subjected to the truth machine and, unless he is the greatest actor of all time, he isn't lying." 

"This would also explain the attacks. Something awful must be happening in the other world." Said the defence minister.

"We cannot risk anything. The empire has become a menace even if the emperor is innocent. We have to send a task force to secure the other side of the portal." Said the PM.

"I think that our NATO allies and some of the other countries that were on the meeting will help us. We cannot have the fully control of the portal if we don't want a WW3 to start." Said the President of The Republic.

"Let's start a meeting with the strongest countries on Earth." Said the PM.

Then he sent e-mails to the other world leaders and quickly arranged an online meeting.

In this meeting there were:

EU AND NATO COUNTRIES: ITALY, USA, FRANCE, SPAIN, GERMANY, UK, TURKEY AND CANADA.

CSTO COUNTRIES: RUSSIA

OTHER COUNTRIES: CHINA, JAPAN, IRAN, ISRAEL, SAUDI ARABIA, INDIA, INDONESIA, SOUTH KOREA, BRAZIL, JAPAN, AUSTRALIA, MEXICO, ARGENTINA AND SOUTH AFRICA

UN: 2 OBSERVERS

(BASICALLY THE G20 + IRAN+UN)

The italian PM shortly explained the situation and his thoughts about the two attacks. He also told the other nations his proposal of a task force composed by the soldiers of many countries  and of a military base in the other side of the portal managed by the UN.

"My plan was to build that base without shooting a bulled but that failed... We will take the portal by the force and investigate in the other world. If we will not solve this mystery many attacks like those will happen." He explained.

"What about the resources we will find there?" Asked the american president.

"We will talk about them during the peace deals. We don't them to think we're invaders that came there to take all of their resource." Said the italian PM.

"I don't think they know what "oil" is useful for aside for lamps..." Said the chinese president.

"But the extraction process will attract their attention. This will only be a mission meant to secure our world's boder with the other one."

"We will find what is going on there, bring the culprits to the justice and leave the other world maybe asking for some was reparations in the form of extraction rights." Added the PM.

"We will share these among the countries that will bring troops to the other world." He finished.

Saudi Arabia and Iran were not happy about that (they are some of the largest oil exporter) but compelled in order to get a share of the pie (maybe some minerals that were not on Earth?)

"Gentlemen. Let's vote this proposal." Said one of the UN representative.

Then everyone voted yes.

"Then we have an agreement..." Said the italian PM.

Beginning of may.

The invasion was imminent and meanwhile the military base near the portal was reinforced with more soldier. Fixed machine gun positions were also built and snipers were ready to shoot 24h/24h. There were also planes, drones, helicopters and tanks patrolling the area.

"My dear compatriots. Last month our country was attacked again by hostile forces from the other side of the portal. Many brave soldiers died protecting the innocents citizens of Capeccio and the enemy was defeated. We have managed to united humanity in order to avenge this barbarian attack and assemble a task force made by Earth's strongest countries for the first time in our history.

The emperor and the imperial family are not the culprits in this situation. I have met them and they were reasonable people. I think something awful is happening in the empire.

Anyway, we will find the terrorists who planned this and bring them to justice. 

Buonanotte e che la fortuna sia con voi (goodnight and may luck be with you.)" Spoke the italian PM to the nation.

Monday, 17 of may 2027.

It was the beginning of spring and birds were singing but their "songs" were interrupted by the noises of the tanks that were regrouping in front of the portal.

Arietes, T90S, ABRAMS, LEOPARDS 2, TYPE 99, ... were ready to fire at any enemy foolish enough to attack them.

"We have detailed reports of both battles and we have a brief idea of the dangers of magic attacks." Said General Coppelli of the italian army.

"They can erect barriers that are stronger depending on the mage that create them. They can also become more resistent if the number of mages that manage them increases."

"They can also teleport, use invisibilty, create earthquakes, lightings and fireballs but if we kill the caster the spell stops."

"The invisibily spell is countered by thermal viewers and the teleport one by being always on the allert. The mages that are able to cast these spells are fewer than the ones than cast weaker ones like the firealls." 

"Luckly for us!" Yelled the soldiers.

"The rest of the army is a "joke". 17th century/18th century musketeers, archers, knights, men with swords, 16th century cannons and crossbowmen but they also have dragons that are very resistent and breath fire, vywerns, beastmen, orcs, demons and God only knows what else..."

"Be careful during the attack. The portal is a fucking bottleneck. The enemy could ambush us and use the magic to kill many of our soldiers." Ended the general.

After the speech ended the army started entering in the portal starting the war between Earth and the other world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 898 39
March 17, 2023, the day where humanity's future has been shifted immensely. Some kind of planet or whatever it is has appeared near earth and despite...
1.7K 85 53
This tells the story of two girls, two sisters by the name of Amanda Von Schabbs and her dear sister Octavia Lepidus Von Schabbs. Two sisters who hav...
100 0 2
PLOT OF THE FANDOM : "Year 2049, 5 year since the war between the Dummies vs Noobs started, thing haven't move better or worst, from those dust, in a...
153K 3.9K 54
Amidst escalating Chinese aggression in the Pacific, Japan and the United States maintained their strong alliance, fully aware of the looming possibi...