Monster King

By TheFallenRavens

It had been seven years since Nyx brutally stab his classmate. His family blamed it on his father's blood, cl... More

Chapter 1 - The Monster
Chapter 2 - Urban Exploration
Chapter 3 - The Red Calender
Chapter 4 - The Black Sea
Chapter 5 - My bloods still red
Chapter 6 - Molly
Chapter 7 - The Pharaohs cat
Chapter 8 - Molly's gift
Chapter 9 - Regret
Chapter 10 - We made out in the woods?
Chapter 11 - Aunt Boa
Chapter 12 - Family
Chapter 13 - Monster lane
Chapter 14 - Osiris
Chapter 15 - The girl with red eyes
Chapter 16 - The past
Chapter 17 - The monsters heart
Chapter 18 - Monsters
Chapter 19 - Memories
Chapter 20 - Nick wants to fight, again...
Chapter 21 - Learning curves
Chapter 22 - Hades History
Chapter 23 - Fish bowl wars!
Chapter 24 - Curses
Chapter 25 - You're only human
Chapter 26 - The laughter of insanity
Chapter 27 - Shattering
Chapter 28 - My little brother
Chapter 29 - Casey's Glitties!
Chapter 30 - The broken hearted
Chapter 31 - The rythem of the soul
Chapter 32 - To be king
Chapter 33 - The white fist
Chapter 34 - Chaotic good
Chapter 35 - Karma
chapter 36 - Leaving you alone
Chapter 37 - The Monster King
Chapter 38 - The Wolf king
Chapter 39 - Orion's Library
Chapter 40 - Rejection
Chapter 41 - Selfish curse
Chapter 42 - Legends
Chapter 43 - Vampire's and Werewolves
Chapter 44 - Hell
Chapter 45 - Meeting of the Guild masters
Chapter 46 - Emotional Support ghost
Chapter 47 - Snake tracks
Chapter 48 - The thing of many faces
Chapter 49 - Tower of monster's
Chapter 50 - Goodbye Monster
Chapter 51 - Frozen solid
Chapter 52 - I don't remember you
Chapter 53 - Death siblings
Chapter 54 - Welcome to japan
Chapter 55 - Uncomfortable
Chapter 57- Novas heart
Chapter 58 - Nova vs the Pack
Halloween special: Bills house
Chapter 59 - Lonely Heroes
Chapter 60 - Monsters Kingdom
Chapter 61 - Karma's balance
Chapter 62 - The real me
Chapter 63 - The Bakenekos gift
Chapter 64 - Japan's Guardian
Chapter 65 - Kuchisake-onna
Chapter 66 - Goddess of death
Chapter 67 - Killers hands
Chapter 68 - Cats and Snakes
Chapter 69 - Serpens Caput
Chapter 70 - Visiting Nova
Chapter 71 - Novas pride
Chapter 72 - Alone
Chapter 73 - Retry
Chapter 74 - Parenting
Chapter 75 - Prince of Darkness
Chapter 76 - Fearful Venture
Chapter 77 - Snatch

Chapter 56 - Connections

0 0 0
By TheFallenRavens

I sat back and faced my sister. However my eyes couldn't stay on hers, no matter how hard I tried. She's definitely gonna put this down in some batman log book…

"So, I was mad, at everything." I mumbled. "It felt like, no matter what I do. I was gonna be cursed. No matter what happened in life, I was gonna be stuck just accepting how crappy everything is. That life was gonna just shoot me in a different way everyday."

"And why do you think that is exactly?" She asked. 

"Because that's how it's always been." I finally met her eyes. "When your earliest childhood memory is your mom shooting herself in the face. You don't exactly look at everything like it's a rainbow. Especially when I lived with my grandma."

"So, what sparked you to attack The Horn then? You admitted earlier that you didn't really care about helping Monster lane. So what sparked the attack?"

"It was a lot of things, honestly. For starters, I was…." I stopped myself and bit my lip. Come on Nyx, don't wuss out now. I groaned. "I was in love with a girl, my best friend Casey. But she chose another guy over me. I don't blame her, I didn't want to admit I had feelings for her. So I get why she dated someone else."

"Well, why do you think you were scared to admit it?"

I groaned. Man I really didn't want to say this out loud! The heat rose to my cheeks and looked down to the table. "Because, how could someone like her, love someone like me? I'm the freak with the scars who's super depressing.  And she'slike the sun."

"Awww." Himitsu cooed. 

"Shut it!" I snapped. 

"I'm sorry, go on." She said. 

I can really see she's going for a sister and not a therapist…

"Anyways, she told me about it and I felt her soul." I shivered. "It was disgusting, but he seemed to have felt the same. He cared for her, he did a lot of her. Even when I went psycho, he almost died trying to protect her and me. Yet, I still hate him. Because it's like, he ruined what we were." 

"I see, this is the Nova guy right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled. "Moving on from him I saw my Grandma, and it went as well as all of our interactions go. Horribly."

"You mentioned her before, what was your relationship like?"

"I want crows picking at her mangled corpse." I said bluntly.

She blinked a few times, not saying much for a moment. 

"Okay, well let's unpack that a little." She said and grabbed more Onigiri. "Tell me why you want her dead."

"Because she's a monster!" I smiled a little bit thinking about her cursed spirit attached to her."She deserves it, she deserves to-"

Before I could finish Himitsu was up and she palmed my chest. A chill raced over my entire body and the air got knocked out of me. I dropped back on the ground and gasped for air. It took a bit before it finally did breach my lungs again. 

"My reports told me about the darkness that takes over your body when you're emotional. I see that is still the case." She mumbled.

I rolled ro my side and grabbed my chest. 

'Kill her!' a voice rang in my head. 

"Suck it." I grumbled and pushed myself back up. 

Even though that hurt like hell, the voice faded fast. I looked over my arm and saw the darkness retreating back into my skin.

"Fascinating, your negative energy really is connected to your emotional state…" she mumbled.

I scratched the back of my head and took another breath. "Yeah, I'm a freak right?"

"Well, not necessarily. If we can get a good point with your mental state and you can control this, you can do a lot for people." She said, 

Aeserias face came into mind, and then the ghosts at the hospital. Right, I want to be better. I want to be a difference. 

"As I was saying! She's a monster who tortured me." My heart started to race and I grabbed my leg and squeezed it as tight as I could. Doing my best to keep me from panicking or snapping. "After my mom shot herself, my grandma blamed me, and locked me in a room. Even back then ghosts liked to follow me. And now that I'm more educated, cursed spirits too." I said and buried my nails into my leg. "So everyday, I'd go to school and get bullied, then I'd come home and get thrown into a room where anything came and haunted me. All day, all night."

There was this warm sensation of blood running down my leg now. I took a breath and loosened my grip. I saw Himitsu leaning forward and holding out a Onigiri towards me. 

"I'm sorry to hear that." She said,

I looked from her to the Onigiri, then I reached out. My arm was shaking, and she reached out more and pressed it into my palms. Then she wrapped my fingers  around it. After a little bit my arm stopped shaking and she sat back. I took a breath and sat back.

"It's whatever, but you get the picture right? She's the worst. And everytime she sees me in public. She has to remind the world that I'm a devil spawn."

She nodded. "Yeah I do."

"And the worst part, was that my own mother didn't hate her. The one who's supposed to always have my back, Boa abandoned me all the time. Left me in the room and laughed when I tried telling her I was being tortured. But to be fair, she was never over grandma's when she wasn't drunk or high."

"Did your mom say something to you about forgiving her?" She asked. 

I looked down and spun the rice triangle in my hand. Remembering her last few words to me.

"Yes, and no." I replied. "Grandma has a cursed spirit attached. I yelled at her when she wasn't happy about the news. She didn't ask me to do anything, but she did want me to learn to forgive and move on." I sighed. "If I had just listened to her that night. I wouldn't have hurt Casey, or ruined my relationship with my father. Who's already struggling enough as it is."

"I see, so that's where the regret is." She said softly. 

I took a bite of the Onigiri. In the center was sweet teriyaki salmon. Even though I felt like sleeping the rest of the day away. This definitely lifted me up a bit. She was really trying to connect right now. 

"Yeah, and the rest is history. A cursed spirit latched onto my hate, and I connected to a soul that was being bullied by The Horn. It was like, all the years of bullying flashed in my head, the voices were back stronger then before and I just lashed out. I wanted everyone to hear how much I've been screaming everyday of my life. I wanted The Horn that likes bullying people to feel their Karma. Because I know none of my bullies paid, so I thought I'd just make them take all their places."

Himitsus nodded. "Thank you for sharing, and to show I'm grateful. I'll share my own story."

"You don't-"

"I want to." She said quickly. "When I was born, I had it better than most of our siblings. I had a loving mother who handled the post partum depression well. However, that didn't help us financially. Being a single mother here is different then in America. It was hard for her to make ends meet, and to date. Not to mention I was born defective. My left arm is gone, but also." She tapped under her eye. "My left eye is also fake. I've got some work done magically so it's better, but I didn't get that for years."

I nodded. "I couldn't even tell."

"Thank you." She said with a small smile. "But the story isn't one of triumph. My mother secretly bore a lot of hate for me. She was resentful that I was born, that I made her life so hard. She never told me this of course. But once I awakened my soul I found out. She didn't allow me to ever mention my powers either. So when I found a cursed spirit attached to her, because of her resentment toward me, I tried to help.  But she just wouldn't have it. She even slapped me once when she found out I talked to dad about training me to get rid of it."

"What? But-"

"She didn't know better, she thought she was protecting me. So I obeyed, because I'd already hurt her enough in my head.  So little by little I watched her get sicker and sicker, because of her hate for me and her life. I was terrible at soul release, because I was unable to connect to my own emotions. So even when I learned how, I failed and she died. And from there I was bounced through the adoption centers, dealt with…" she rubbed her arm. "A lot of bad people. People took advantage of me in every way. Because I felt like I deserved it deep down. That is, until I started taking therapy, and learning how to deal with my past. Which made me want to help other people, like you."

I opened my mouth, but couldn't say anything. Wow, that was a superhero backstory if I've ever heard one before. What am I supposed to say to that? Gee, I'm glad you got wrecked by life so you can help me now? Or thank you for sharing? Man, how do I let her know I really appreciate her being honest?  Do I just say that? 

Just as the thought came in, the air suddenly started to drop in temperature. It was like the frozen wind was grazing against my skin. That's when I used my soul to search, and quickly found another soul nearby. That's when the slow creaking of the sliding door echoed throughout the room. Himitsu and I turned toward the sound, and we watched as the sliding door slowly began to open. A feminine hand with red nail polish poked out from the door's crease as she continued to push it open.

"Ah, and here's my familiar, I see she couldn't wait." Himitsu said. 

The door was now fully open and a beautiful woman stepped through. She had long shining obsidian locks that bounced as she walked. Her skin was almost white in color and made the blood that stained her cheeks almost shine in comparison. It was complemented by a red, white and light blue Kimono that hugged her pear shaped figure. The red design almost made the blood that still ran down not stand out so much. 

A trail of blood still rained down from the liver that was dangling out from her teeth. She turned toward me and tilted her head. Her demonic yellow and red eyes stared intently into my own, as if she found a new prey.

She stepped deeper inside, a frozen mist following her every step as she did. The liver that was clutched between her rows of jagged teeth dropped from her mouth. While her teeth retracted and became normal looking. She kept her eyes locked onto mine and didn't say a word. My heart started to race and I looked to Himitsu, who was too busy eating more Onigiri. Is she really gonna let me die for Onigiri!? 

I faced the woman again and opened my soul to her and a flash came into my mind. A scene played showing her in a park when she was younger. She was hunched over a squirrel. Her teeth had grown sharp and she lost control and tore through it. Eating it like a starving dog. 

Suddenly the scene changed to her in her home. She was hiding behind a wall as she watched her parents screaming at one another. Her father suddenly slapped their mother, blaming her for their defective daughter. Then the mom's skin grew more pale, and her fingers turned to claws and she rushed the father. Taking him down and biting into his side. Then she tore through it like butter, blood gushed out from his flailing body as a demonic scream came from her mother.

Then it flashed to just her alone in the woods. Staring down a child walking with her father on a snowy day. She watched them, growing resentful. Why couldn't that be me? Why did I lose everything? Because of children like her. Then, she ran at the family and the scene went black. 

As reality came back to me, she was just inches from my face. Her demonic eyes peered deeply into my own, while my anxiety faded. There was silence between us before I finally reached out and rested my hand against her cheek. Where she leaned into it. 

"I get why you wanted to meet me, you wanted to connect to me because I understood, right? That hate and resentment?"

"Watashi wa anata o watashi no otto ni shimasu." She said and leaned forward.

Her soft lips pressed against my own. While the coppery taste of blood filled my lips as well. A chill ran down my spine and for a moment I was frozen in place, my lips kissing back. Only to finally remember what the hell was happening. I leaped back, my heart racing again as I got to my feet and pointed at the thing.

"W-w-w-w-what the hell was that for! What did she say!?" I demanded.

Himitsu snickered. "She said, ''I'm gonna make you my husband."

"WHAT!?"

Come on, did my first kiss really have to be with a Yokai!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

647 30 8
••• (Your P.O.V.) ••• Three years ago, I lost my sight in a car accident. Both of my parents were killed in the process, leaving me parentless. I was...
50.8K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...
968 63 60
Highest ranking: #1 Family matters #1 love crazy Cassius Bryers is a typical high school student who just wants to live a normal human life. But whe...
10.1K 405 28
( The Tale Of a Werefox ) He looked surprised and confused. "Wh-Who are you?" He stuttered, back in normal animal language that the wolves could unde...