Ash and Greninja: Adventures...

By PerseusKyogre09

Greninja decided to return back to Ash after it had been entrusted to protect Squishy. Currently Ash is in th... More

Original Fanfic
The Duty Ends
Perspective

The Journey Starts

457 12 6
By PerseusKyogre09

"Text" : Regular Speech
[Text] : Telepathic Speech
{Text} : Pokemon Speech
[Text] : Author's Note

_____

There was no doubt Greninja was a superior swimmer. But he had no idea that Alola would be really far from Kalos.

He had asked some locals in the sea who had generously helped him and pointed out the direction to Greninja.

{It's like... Straight up ahead. You should ask my mother. She knows the distance.} a Tentacool said, pointing one of its tentacles straight ahead.

Greninja proceeded to ask others, who had given him it was a journey of about 12,000 km, give or take.

{CURSE YOU SQUISHY!!} Greninja croaked out in a loud voice. He sighed. Maybe he could find someone who could help him.

Until then, all he could do was just swim ahead.

***

Meanwhile, in the Alola Region...

"How about a one on one battle Ash?" a dark skinned boy with red streaks of hair asked Ash.

"Sure Kiawe. Let me get Pikachu." Ash grinned at Kiawe. A chubby boy got up from his seat in the classroom "Oh, I can't figure it out! How do I fix this remote?"

Togedemaru hopped forward and tried convincing him he was doing a good job.

A blue haired girl, a blonde girl with a white dress and a girl with green hair were gossiping.

"My dad will be coming home soon. He said he would even bring Kyogre if he finds him." The Blue haired girl, Lana smiled.

Mallow was also grinning "Yeah! My brother Ula found a really rare recipe in his travels, and he is going to send it to us to figure it out. I'm so excited to try it!"

Lily was gloomy "Gladion left again. Why won't he come stay with me?"

Mallow soothed her by saying "Oh don't worry, Ash said Gladion left to train himself more, after seeing the unique Z-move Ash and Pikachu performed."

Lily sighed "Well, at least my phobia for Pokémon is gone." Then she smiled "I'm so thankful Ash came to Alola. Without him, we wouldn't have that many adventures without him."

"Yeah..." All the girls dreamily sighed, before a voice snapped them out.

Just as Ash was going to walk out of the class to the battle ground, he was obstructed by a hand. "Hold on Ash. The class isn't over yet."

Ash looked up to see Professor Kukui blocking the exit. Then he remembered the class wasn't over yet. "Oops..." he muttered, rubbing his head sheepishly.

Kukui shook his head in exasperation. "Now come on, class starts now."

Ash got back to his seat hurriedly. Professor Kukui cleared his throat and began "Class, today we are going to do something fun in the class."

"Ooh... What is it professor?" Mallow asked eagerly. Kukui gave her a smile and said "Well we are going to share with ourselves some Pokémon facts that most people don't know about. So raise your hand if you know something you wanna share."

Almost everyone raised their hand. All except Ash, who was probably distracted again. Kukui picked her "Alright Lily, Miracle Eyes on you." Lily put down her hand and slow started "Did you know, that Slowbro can devolve to Slowpoke if it's Shellder shell gets released from its tail?"

Kukui clapped and said "Very good example. Sophocles?" Sophocles started "There are some Pokémon who evolve only in certain places. Pokemon like Nosepass will evolve in a place with really high magnetic field."

Kukui then passed to Lana. "Kyogre is the ruler of ocean. But it's size is lesser than that of Wailord." she said.

"Alright Mallow, your turn." Kukui indicated. "There are many foods which have been made for Pokémon using berries. Because berries have a natural flavor and Pokémon like those." Mallow said cheerfully.

Kiawe took the cue to start "Charizard is one of the two pokemon who has 2 different mega evolutions. Mega Charizard X has a great potential for winning almost all battles, because it gains the dragon typing. Mega Charizard Y gains immense heat power and calls on the sun using its ability Drought."

"CHARIZARD! BLAST BURN!!!" A black haired trainer shouted, when Ash suddenly commanded "Greninja... LET IT RIP!!!!"

Ash blinked rapidly, confused where that memory came from. Maybe because Kiawe talked about Mega Charizard X...? "Earth to Ash? I asked what about you?" Kukui asked, worry reflecting in his eyes.

Ash shook his head. "Oh yeah... Did you know that Ho-oh is only seen by people who are pure hearted?"

Kukui nodded. Just then the bell rang. Ash ran out of the classroom "Meet you there!"

Kukui sighed tiredly. Ash was never going to change. Kiawe rushed behind him. He also exited the class. He might as well referee for the match.

"Bring it on, Ash" Kiawe challenged, getting ready already. "Go Marowak!" Alolan Marowak landed outside, spinning his bone in his hands.

"Go Lycanroc!" Ash said, sending out his Lycanroc. It was a special kind of Lycanroc, who seemed to have the strengths of both Lycanroc Midday and Lycanroc Midnight.

Professor Kukui started the battle "Battle Begin!"

Ash ordered "Lycanroc, use Accelerock!" Lycanroc was surrounded in a brown aura and rushed forward. Kiawe countered "Marowak, dodge it and use bone marang!" Marowak nimbly dodged the move and threw its bone at Lycanroc.

"Lycanroc, counter with Bite!" while Lycanroc took the hit and countered by clamping its teeth on Marowak. Marowak cried out in pain and jumped backwards in pain.

Pikachu meanwhile was cheering for Ash, occasionally saying "Pikapi!"

"Alright Ash, get ready for my Z-move!" Kiawe warned, bringing out his Z-ring.

Ash replied, "Oh yeah? Let's do this Lycanroc!" while bringing out his Lycanium Z. While fitting it in the Z-ring, he felt a strange, yet familiar presence. Ash couldn't comprehend it.

Meanwhile Kiawe had already struck his poses and shouted "Inferno Overdrive!" Lycanroc's eyes widened as Ash didn't order him anything as the ball of fire was approaching rapidly.

Lycanroc got hit hard and fell down. "And the win goes to... Kiawe!" Kukui said while congratulating him. He asked Ash "Ash, what happened? Why didn't you use your Z-move?"

The question snapped Ash out of the vision and realized he had lost. "I- I- I, don't k-know." He closed his eyes again. But he couldn't feel it anymore. Kiawe asked, clearly concerned "Ash, is something wrong?"

Ash replied "It's like I felt something that I used to before. But I couldn't figure out what." Ash said while sitting down. Ash called to Lycanroc "Lycanroc, thanks for battling. You battled hard. It's my fault we lost" and called him to his pokeball.

Ash sighed. Pikachu was looking at him confused "Pikapi?" {Ash?}

Meanwhile in the middle of the ocean, Greninja really regretted trying to connect to Ash, but he really had no choice, if he were to find Alola Region.

_____

Whew! Another chapter done! Yes, I know I am very late in the posting. I have no excuses for it.

Now to address the elephant in the room. Today my day was ruined. Because of the absolutely heart-shattering news that Ash is near the end of his chapter.
He has been my childhood. I have laughed with him, cried with him in the emotional episodes, and grown up with him. On Mid-Jaunuary, Ash will have 11 new special episodes dedicated to him and his old friends.
I was very happy when Ash won the championships, and I also feared Ash would end.
And now my fears have turned out to be true.
Thank you Ash Ketchum, because you don't know how many people you have impacted. You will forever live in our hearts.
Let's root for the new protagonists Liko and Roy, and here's to a new beginning!
Sorry if I was rambling, but I needed to get this off of my chest. My eyes are still moist from the news.
Just let me go and cry now. Bye bye Ash Ketchum. We will all miss you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
587K 9K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
170K 17.7K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
395K 11.9K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...