𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐲 | q. fabr...

By mayasbitxh

in which the sassy younger hummel and the perfect cheerleader find love in a way they never thought they woul... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash-Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
Home
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
I Kissed A Girl
Hold On To Sixteen
What If...?
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-asaurus
Nationals
Goodbye
season four cast
The New Rachel
Britney 2.0
Makeover
The Break Up
The Role You Were Born To Play
Gleathers
Dynamic Duets
Thanksgiving
Swan Song
Sadie Hawkins
Diva
I Do
Girls (and Boys) on Film
Guilty Pleasures
Shooting Star
Loss of Innocence
All or Nothing
season 5a cast
Love, Love, Love
Tina in the Sky with Diamonds
A Katy or a Gaga
Trio
City of Angels
100
New Directions
season 5b cast
Welcome To New York
Family Dynamic
Bash
Get It Right
You Are In Love
Opening Night
The Back-Up Plan
Old Dog, New Tricks
The Untitled Rachel Berry Project
season six cast
Homecoming
Jagged Little Tapestry
A Wedding
Dreams Come True
thank you

The Power Of Madonna

3.1K 121 80
By mayasbitxh

Adalynn sat next to Bailey on the bleachers in the gym as they watched the Cheerios practice their latest routine. The younger Hummel admired the hard work and dedication the Cheerios put into all their routines, and she wasn't gonna lie, it did look like fun. But she could never see herself on that squad in one of those uniforms, plus she's already busy enough.

But still, it would give her extra dance training, and every little bit of experience helps. However, the Cheerios have to wear their uniforms all the time, and Adalynn likes being able to express herself with the clothes she wears. Plus, those skirts are shorter than what she feels comfortable in.

"I think I might be pansexual," Bailey suddenly said, pulling Adalynn out of her thoughts.

"Really?" the brunette asked, turning to look at the blonde beside her. "How did you know?"

"Well, I've always found girls attractive, especially Santana. And then I met Tina and we bonded over our love of performing. But boys are also attractive and they're sweet when they want to be. Especially Julian."

"Julian?" Adalynn snorted. "He's not sweet. He thinks he's a bad boy because he started a fire in the cafeteria and started a protest to ban homework, which resulted in the cops showing up. Trust me, he's not relationship material."

"I never said he was," Bailey chuckled. "But he is sweet when he's not being a jerk."

"I guess. Thanks for telling me, B. Can I tell you a secret?"

"Always."

"I'm pretty sure I'm a lesbian. Or at least bi. I haven't come out yet, but Tina, Quinn, and Kurt know. I think Julian does too." Adalynn paused and took a breath. "I want to tell my dad, but it's a lot harder than I thought. I honestly don't know how Kurt did it."

"I know what you mean. Britt makes it look so easy," said Bailey. "How about this? On a day when we're both feeling more confident, we'll tell our parents then. Together."

"You mean, like, have your parents and my dad in the same room?"

"No, silly," the blonde chuckled. "I mean I'll tell my parents and text you after to let you know how it went, and then you tell your dad. No matter what happens, we're gonna be here for each other and get through it together. Deal?"

"Deal," Adalynn smiled, accepting the hug Bailey was offering her.

"Sloppy freak show babies!" Sue yelled into her megaphone. "Somewhere in the English countryside in a stately manor home, Madonna is weeping! Hit the showers!"

Adalynn and Bailey exchanged a look and laughed at how funny the cheer coach can be without even trying.

"Little B!" Santana called from the bottom of the bleachers, getting the attention of both freshmen. "Britt and I are gonna go get frozen yogurt. Do you and Adalynn want to come with us?"

"Do you want to?" Bailey asked, turning to Adalynn.

"Let me check with Kurt... yeah I'll come," the brunette said. "He doesn't need to know anything."

"He knows you're safe with us," Bailey shrugged with a smile, getting a laugh from her friend. She stood up and held out a hand, which Adalynn took. They headed down the steps of the bleachers and left the gym with the sophomores, a weight being lifted off both their chests knowing they each had one less person to hide their secret from.

****

"What comes to mind when you see that name?" Mr. Schue asked, underlining 'Madonna,' which he had just written on the board.

"Genius," said Rachel.

"Icon," Kurt added.

"Legend," Adalynn gasped.

"Hall of fame, MILF," Puck smirked, getting a side eye from Quinn.

"So, we're all aware of Madonna's musical and cultural significance, which is why this week's assignment is to come up with a Madonna number," Mr. Schue explained.

The Hummel siblings exchanged an excited look as Julian rolled his eyes.

"Uh, Mr. Schue?" Puck raised his hand. "As a dude, Madonna makes me kind of uncomfortable."

"As a woman, you make me uncomfortable," Bailey said, glaring back at the boy from her spot next to Brittany.

"Shut it, tumbleweed," the older boy scoffed.

"Madonna's smoking and everything, but can't some of us do something else?" Finn asked. "Like the guy version of Madonna? Like, you know, Pantera?"

"It's come to my attention that many of you haven't been treating the young ladies of our group very nicely lately," said Mr. Schue. "You're disrespectful, bullying, sexist, and I hate to say it, misogynistic."

"I have no idea what that means," said Finn.

"When I pulled my hamstring I went to a misogynist," Brittany mumbled.

"What it means is put yourself in their shoes for a change," the teacher explained.

"Yeah, so which one of the lovely young men in here wants to take my period for a week?" Adalynn asked, sitting up and looking around at the boys. "You guys say it's 'not a big deal' but you have no idea what it's like to have what feels like an angry baby tiger scratching up your insides."

"Tell 'em, babe," Mercedes said, snapping her fingers and turning around to high-five the younger girl.

"Culturally, Madonna's legacy transcends her music because by and large, the subtext of her songs are about being strong, independent, and confident no matter what your sex," Mr. Schue continued. "But more than anything, Madonna's musical message is about equality. And that is something I think you guys need to work on."

"Mr. Schue, I don't think we can have an honest conversation about Miss Ciccone without acknowledging that her images are as indelible as her songs," said Kurt. "I'd like to honor her contributions by tackling a multimedia project with my lovely sister and Mercedes."

"I'm so in," Adalynn smiled. "Anything to spend time with my favorite older brother."

"I'm your only older brother, little me," the brunette boy chuckled.

"Exactly, which makes you my favorite."

"Brittsy, you're my favorite big sister," said Bailey.

"And you're my favorite little sister," Brittany smiled, putting an arm around the younger girl.

"Ugh, quit making me feel like an only child," Rachel grumbled, crossing her arms.

"You are an only child," said Julian.

"Hummel siblings, Mercedes, go for it," Mr. Schue said, hoping to get everyone back on track.

"I'm still not down," said Puck. "And no chick intimidates Puckzilla."

"I don't think her music translates to show choir," Julian added.

"Really?" Rachel asked, side-eyeing the junior. "Well, I, for one, couldn't disagree more."

****

"I'm going to Kabbalah," Kurt said as he stood with Mercedes and Adalynn at the younger girl's locker. "Is that too much?"

"No, that's fabulous," said Adalynn.

"Hey guys," Mr. Schue said as he came up to them. "How's this week's assignment coming along?"

"Amazing," Mercedes smiled. "You know how Madonna kinda reinvented the video, right? Well, we got Artie and the AV club to help out."

"And I talked to Brittany and she said she'd talk to the Cheerios about helping out too," Adalynn added. "We're gonna make a Madonna video of our own."

"It's gonna be Madge-ical," Kurt said with a wave of his hand, getting a chuckle out of his sister as he turned to a confused Mercedes. "Madge. You know, Madonna's nickname? You really gotta get up to speed."

"Schuester!" Sue called from down the hall as she made her way up to the Glee Club teacher. "A certain blue-eyed, frizzy-haired blonde little sister of one of my Cheerios told Jean that your Up With People rejects were doing some Madonna songs. Is that true?"

"To be honest, Sue, I got inspired watching your Cheerios," said Mr. Schue.

"Should we leave?" Adalynn whispered to Kurt, who shook his head.

"I'm interested to see where this is going," the older boy whispered.

"I've been waiting years to pay tribute to her," said Sue. "You're not swooping in at the last minute to snatch her from my talons. Madonna belongs to me, and I will not be copied. It's in my contract. I want you to listen very closely. You can have your Barbra's and your Cher's and you Christina's and a girl who looks just like Taylor Swift... and wow I just lost my train of thought. You have so much margarine in your hair."

"Bailey does look like Tay Swizzle," Adalynn mumbled with a nod of her head.

"Okay, first of all, my kids are doing Madonna," said Mr. Schue. "She's public domain and there's nothing you can do about it. Secondly, enough with the hair jokes. Oh, by the way, how's that Florence Henderson look working out for you?"

Adalynn's jaw dropped as she exchanged a look with an equally shocked Kurt, who then exchanged a look with Mercedes.

"Oh! Maybe you should try a new setting on your Flowbee," Mr. Schue insulted. "Oh, snap!"

"Jerk," Adalynn scoffed, glaring at her teacher as he walked down the hallway.

Sue turned and stormed down in the opposite direction, shoving innocent, unsuspecting students that were in her way.

"Maybe we should go talk to her," Mercedes whispered.

"Yeah," Kurt agreed, wincing as Sue shoved Tina into the lockers. "But maybe we should let her cool off first."

"You two idiots have fun with that," Adalynn said as she grabbed her French textbook from her locker. "I don't want to get murdered. Text me when you're ready to film the video."

The younger Hummel gave her brother a quick hug and sent Mercedes a small smile before heading down the hall. She turned the corner and passed Quinn, who sent her a smile. Adalynn smiled back with a small wave as butterflies filled her stomach.

****

****

"No way," Adalynn said, shaking her head as she examined the Cheerios uniform Mercedes held out to her. "Not gonna happen."

"Adalynn, please?" the older girl begged, pouting her lips and giving the brunette her best puppy dog eyes. "It would be so much fun if the three of us were on the team together."

"And I won't join unless you do," Kurt added.

"No," the younger girl said, glaring at her brother.

"I'll take you to the Lima Bean everyday after school for a whole week."

"Deal," Adalynn gasped, her eyes widening. She took the uniform from Mercedes and headed to the bathroom to change into it. When she came out of the stall, she took a look at herself in the mirror and couldn't help the small smile that appeared on her lips. She did a small twirl, loving the way the ruffles on the skirt moved with her. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail, which was harder than she thought it would be since it was so long.

The door to the bathroom opened and Quinn came in, her jaw dropping when she saw Adalynn's new look.

"You're a Cheerio now?" the blonde gasped.

"Kurt and Mercedes made me," said Adalynn. "I'm only doing it because he's bribing me with coffee. I don't want anything to do with that team."

"Can I voice my honest opinion?" Quinn asked, biting her lip as she looked the younger girl up and down. "You look really good."

"I look ridiculous," the brunette said, scrunching her nose a bit.

"Here." Quinn took a sparkly peach colored lip gloss out of her backpack's side pocket and applied a thin layer to Adalynn's lips. "There," she smiled, twirling a strand of the younger girl's hair before placing it over her shoulder. "A little lip gloss can pull together any look."

"Thanks, Quinn."

"No need to thank me, Adalynn." Quinn handed her the lip gloss. "Keep it. It's a good color on you."

The two held eye contact for a moment, Adalynn's heart racing in her chest. Quinn gave her a small smile and gently rubbed her shoulder before going into one of the stalls. The younger girl sucked in a breath and left the bathroom, hoping no one in the hallway noticed the blush that tinted her cheeks.

You're so screwed. You're in way over your head.

I know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 171 7
In where two teenagers hold a secret that comes back to bite them in the ass. Only to leave them with their perfect mistake. Quinn Fabray x male oc ...
10.6K 241 16
I guess they call it the sophomore slump Always crying always drunk Alex moves schools after issues at her last one. They just so happens to join th...
85K 2K 23
Y/N a simple girl who is new at McKinley High school signed up for the glee club and then she meets Quinn Fabray, the most popular girl in McKinley...
23.3K 643 11
(COMPLETED) Santana is starting college with her best friend Quinn. Quinn quickly makes friends and they are all going out together, Santana isn't ve...