So Sweet, So Cold

Da Tuntunela

Jungkook is sweet as sugar and Seokjin is cold as ice. But ice can be melted and sugar can be caramelised; yo... Altro

🌟 Introduction 🌟
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
!!PRAY FOR ME!!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
!! Pray For Me-II !!
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
!!!Wish Me Luck!!!
Chapter 47

Chapter 40

1.4K 86 38
Da Tuntunela

⚠️ Long Chapter ⚠️
(Ahead )

Jungkook slowly inhaled and exhaled closing his eyes, his head throbbed with all the dramas that he came across just in some span of hours. Wish he could go back to the time when he knew nothing about all this mess, living in a lie. Right a lie. A lie about his best buddy, a lie about just being a useless hoe in his liked one's eyes. He felt bitter. The bitterness rose bile in his throat that was hard to swallow. He felt like an old soul, all drained out and tired. But no matter what he needs to fix things. He needs to fight for his soulmate and he will for his best friend.  Something he should have done long ago.

Clearing his thoughts for once and all... He climbed up the stairs of the stage that was decorated in white elegantly for the ring-changing ceremony. From there he could get the perfect view of the audience, basking in their bubble, ignorant about anything and everything other than fine glasses of champagne and people with jewels. All trying hard to secure a business deal or something that would be beneficial for their fame. A night for the business fishers indeed.

Taking a deep breath, Jungkook gripped the mic tight and somehow it buzzed out loud to get the attention of the audience. He eyed the crowd briefly and at that moment his eyes stopped at the sight of brown orbs, looking at him intently from afar, he could recognise those eyes anywhere, anytime and any moment. Those eyes he would have died to get a glimpse of but now he kind of loathes it. Loathes the idea of meeting eyes with Seokjin. Jungkook looked away blinking. But Seokjin didn't.

His eyes followed the latter who was having a nervous breakdown at the stage, having the attention of people that he wasn't accustomed to. 'What was he even doing up there?' He thought to himself.

Silently Seokjin decided to move a bit away from the centre, away from prying eyes and all the possible attention he might get. He settled on one corner from where he could get the view of Jungkook. It was really unlike the said male to take a step like this considering how shy and self-conscious he gets under too much attention.

Seokjin smiled bitterly, it hurts though, just how much he knows about the other, how much time he had spent just observing him from afar, pondering on every detail of the latter for so long and now that finally there were chances for him to get the other closer, it all crushed down in a blink. Leaving him with nothing but hallow pain and a train of thoughts filled with insecurities, giving him again full proof as to why it was never his chance to stand the ground of love in the first place.

But what was important now was the presence of the other on the stage which was noticeably serious from Jungkook's face and it was confirmed when his eyes fell on Kim Hukshin dragging his son by the arm harshly down the stairs, his actions were forceful but still calculated, not to alert the crowd. Seokjin didn't quite grasp what was wrong in the first place.  But noticing the face of Kim Taehyung he knew the situation was concerning. 

Jungkook cleared his voice for the last time before he breathed into the microphone, "Ladies and gentlemen, forgive me for interrupting the wonderful night you all might be enjoying right now. I know a large number of you don't know me either I expect you to. Let me formally introduce myself. I am Jeon Jungkook, best friend of Kim Taehyung, the one  whose engagement you all have been gathered here for."

The crowd gathered around interested in what the younger handsome boy had to say. Some just whispered among themselves not paying attention busy with their stuff.  Jungkook exhaled slowly, closed his eyes, and collected his thoughts for some seconds before continuing. "Am not quite the guy to give a speech on any occasion as you can see is already nervous. But I suppose this is the time I do this for the sake of my best friend." Jungkook looked in the direction of Taehyung who was standing there, wide-eyed, his hands were grasped by none other than his father who was raging, boring holes in his head but Jungkook knew he couldn't do much cause all the eyes were on him. All the important corporate rich assholes' eyes were on him whom Mr Kim cared about.

"The first time I met Taehyung was when we were in high school. I was that freshly transferred high school student, trying to survive in a new place and the mighty Kim Taehyung was just the saviour." Junhkook smiled recalling the memory. There was pin-drop silence all around, everyone seemed attentive enough to join his memory lane. It was unavoidable as the latter spoke pouring all his emotions into each syllable.

"I remember the popular guy who acted all mighty and tough on the outside but will turn into a puddle of mush if you bring him a home-cooked meal or if one agrees to treat him to blueberry pastries, listens to his weird jokes and bear with his snoring while he sleeps." He smiled continuing, " There wasn't much stuff to make Kim Taehyung happy. All you need is some honey-glazed chicken wings with bear and some fake flattering, an offer to finish his homework for him and he will be on his knees for you." And the crowd chuckled.

From up the white stage, Jungkook's eyes landed on a girl standing out in the crowd in her black party dress, the contrast of rich layered design and colour complimenting her hair and eyes. She stepped forward to get a better view, visibly interested in the story of her soon-to-be fiance. 'Lisa Manoban' and Jungkook have to agree on having guts cause he dared to go on when he knew Tarhyung's hoped-to-be fiance was all ears to listen.

"But as much as it is easy to please my guy,  it takes a really big effort to hurt him. Because Taehyung couldn't show much when he was hurting. He just..  has this way of hiding it in him that one wouldn't know." Jungkook's voice cracked, and his throat tighten. He tried not to remember, he tried to blink away the forming tears. The people seemed visibly worried and anxious about what he was going to say next, some whipping their heads in the said male's direction only meeting with the reaction of his straight face, the way Taehyung seemed to be staring at Jungkook, like burning holes in his soul. But no one noticed the empty and hollow look his eyes held. 'He was just.   Tired'  with his left hand he pulled his father's hand away from him, who glared silently at his actions. But noticing the eyes of other Kim Hukshin tried to smile awkwardly, convincingly.  Taehyung didn't bother to look. He simply didn't care. Not anymore.

"I have a question for everyone listening, Can you tell me a time when you were genuinely happy? The one feeling of happiness that warms your soul from the deepest corner? Tell me, Did that come from sealing a huge business deal? Or from buying an expensive jewel? Going on to trip overseas? Tell me honestly were those your happiest moments that didn't fade away in an instant? " Jungkook asked with a faint smile. The audience was visibly taken aback. The last thing they were expecting was a young boy questioning their scale of happiness.

But surprisingly at that moment some of them seemed to be pondering on the question. So Jungkook continued encouraged, " I know I haven't seen the world yet considering how much young I am and I  haven't lived that long to understand the outer world like most of you here. But if one thing I have learned is that about love in this short period- " his eyes met Seokjin's but there was no softness in it and Seokjin's breath hitched, the loud banging in his chest and the rush of blood all he could hear. Jungkook looked away. The way his stomach turned and his heart clenched he knew Jungkook hated him already. Hated him. That's what he wanted right? But it was more painful to look at the eyes that held nothing but appreciation and curiosity in them once to now stare at his soul with a hint of hatred and venom.

"- is that it comes from the family. The genuine happiness I feel when am with my family. And am sure for most of you guys' cases it's the same. Maybe you are happy when you sit, laugh and have a good time with your family. Being happy in your kid's achievement and at their glory makes you proud." By the smile that adorned the faces of his audience, Jungkook knew he was on the right track.

"Family brings happiness in our life. Getting to be ourselves and being accepted as the way we are is what we expect from the family. To display the raw emotions, our vulnerable broken parts to them knowing our parents will be there to pick us up if we fall-"

" -But when your happiness is being forced upon your children does it stays the same for them? Do they feel the warmth of happiness and love filling their heart when they are forced into something they don't want, into a lifestyle that they don't dream about, into an identity they want for themselves?" Jungkook swallows heard. This time he doesn't try to blink away his tears.

"It doesn't take a lot to make Taehyung happy. But it did take a lot of turmoil for him to be so broken to the point of being unrecognisable. Because he never asked for much. Just a little bit of understanding, love and freedom from the people he loved, from the one who made him happy, his family. "

The situation was visibly confusing. The low murmur of the audience, chatter, whispers and glances was restless. Nobody has any idea what's going on. Music and ball are long forgotten. Everyone has gathered around the stage even those who weren't paying attention before are now all ears. But among them, Lisa stayed unblinking and attentive to what he had to say.

And from his sight, Jungkook could see Mr Kim panicking and running around to tell the workers cut off the microphone connection. But this was Jungkook's last chance and he needed to do this so he looks directly at his best friend in the eye. The look of void grasped the other's face. He looked so broken and Jungkook was sorry for each and every minute he hurt him unknowingly.

"Taehyung-ah, I am so sorry for every time I didn't know, I couldn't help." He cried, letting the tears flow, seeing the other's eyes water at the same time.  "But I am so proud of you Taehyung-ah. So proud of you for coming out. So proud of your acceptance. Am so proud of you to tell the world that Hell yeah! My man likes guys and he makes a perfect handsome gay." Jungkook chuckled with tears and the people gasped loud, some people's voiced their disappointment out loud with weirded-out looks but at that moment Jungkook didn't care.

He wasn't expecting acceptance in the first place knowing that society's sour eyes on any sexuality that's not straight. He accepted it long ago and had fought for himself since coming out but he had his family by his side to stand the ground. And he will be Taehyung's ground to stand on so he doesn't fall and doesn't turn out like the heartless typical bunch of assholes in front of him. He just wanted the others to know that he was there for him and he was proud of him. His eyes never left his best friend's. Taehyung sobbed now practically loudly. From his place, Jungkook could detect Yoongi and Hoseok standing with surprised faces.

"And when I talk about family and happiness with love....the love doesn't disappear when the expectations aren't fulfilled. It doesn't die down because of one's identity, status or colour. In a family, love simply doesn't come from the outer standards but from the inside. That's why- for so long Taehyung has endured everything you put him up to. And now it's time Mr Kim." Mr Kim looked startled at the sudden attention,  halting on his steps as all eyes were on him. " Yes. Am talking to you, Mr Kim Hyukshin, it's time maybe you should stop forcing your selfish desires and foolish standards on your son and let him breathe." Jungkook started looking at him. There were gasps of surprise and disbelief around from his audacity to talk with the older like that.

"And Mrs Kim, as much as I respect you at the same time please do understand and please don't do this to your son anymore. Being homosexual doesn't change who Taehyung is as a person, he is still your son, my best friend, an amazing person as an individual." Jungkook said in one breath staring at Taehyung's mother who was so startled even to move from her place before he turned his attention to everyone.

Running his eyes over all the faces that were mostly now whispering among themselves and not to his surprise a few of them had already started to leave the party, disgusted. But Jungkook had unlocked a new energy to speak up and end this for once and all, "And this I hope you guys understand my dear audience, this all situation doesn't destroy the Kim Family and Blue Eey's reputation. It doesn't stain Kim Taehyung's parent's honour depending on which gender their son maybe likes as a love interest.". Jungkook stated sternly.

If no one knew any better they would think this guy, up on the stage has built his business empire to talk so boldly and proudly standing in front of the business tycoons of South Korea without blinking twice. But even though there were some rival figures ready to oppose and make a scene out of the situation, they couldn't and stayed quiet because this will definitely reach the in a matter of time media and eventually to the whole of Korea, being breaking news. Taking a wrong move means an upcoming nightmare for their respective companies. And Jeon Jungkook was smart enough to know that much to target just the weak and only spot he could against the corporate power. At this moment he was capable of shutting their mouth and he will use it in his favour. 

Jungkook looked at Lisa Manoban who had an unreadable expression on her face and momentarily Jungkook was really worried because no matter what,  Manoban's family's connections were no joke and the last thing he wanted was to make Lisa an enemy. But still, he cared for his best friend too much more than his future and no matter who tells him what-  Taehyung was worth all risks.

"And Ms Lisa, I am very sorry but I guess we need to call off this engagement here as you can already grasp the situation." He said before skimming his eyes over the crowd for the last time, "And thank you, everyone, for your time."

And before even he can move from his place a loud clap caught the attention of everyone as none other than Lisa clapped her hands audibly while smiling wide, looking at Jungkook amused and within a minute she was up in front of him on the stage, pulling him a hug while smiling big that caught everyone present there off guard.

"Oh, my God! You are just the perfect candidate for the campaign I am doing!!!!" Lisa said pulling away from the hug and seeing  Jungkook's confused and shocked face she hurried to explain herself, "Aside from my job in the company, am a social worker mainly working to preserve the right of the LGBTQ community. And I think you would be the perfect voice of our organisation!!!" She stated excitedly and within moments her posture and tone switched to a professional one as she took the mic from Jungkook gently before speaking to the listeners,

" And yes am Lisa Manoban officially calling this engagement off as the heir of the Manoban Group and company. Also as I am an active worker of 'Shine Community'(the biggest LGBTQ supporting organisation) and as a social being, it's really shameful to know this kind of homophobic and traumatic characteristics are still present in the circle of Korea's highly educated society. And I would like to remind Mr Kim Hyukshin to not cause any more further trouble that might ruin the relationship between both companies and to not spread any unnecessary rumours that might affect both families." Lisa said with a clear warning before she smiled, " The party is over everyone. You all might go home now. Sorry for the inconvenience of course." And the crowd started to clear one by one leaving the Kim couple speechless as they tried to convince the guests still.

Jungkook was more than shocked at Lisa's helpfulness and welcoming behaviour but he will save the thank you for later. 'Finally, it's over.' He thought before literally flying down the stage to hug Taehyung until the other was hiding his face in the crook of his neck, breaking down as they both held each other tight. Yoongi and Hoseok rushed to their side clearly shaken up from the turn of events.

"I am so sorry, Tae Tae" he whispered slowly in his best friend's ear who only cried harder maybe from the pent-up pain or maybe from the relief but Jungkook felt as if a huge weight has been lifted from his heart.

Maybe not entirely. 

And if he already knew Seokjin has walked out of the party turning on his heels, he didn't bother to look.

'He didn't want to anymore.'

From a certain distance from the commotion there stood Min Mina in her glory as she swirled the liquid in the wine glass in circles before taking a sip, chuckling. "Jungkook it is...huh..", she whispered  under her breath.

And when Taehyung pulled away from the hug to look up and his vision straight fell on the pink-haired male standing in the distance, red-rimmed eyes mirroring his, the sigh of relief that left out of Taehyung's mouth, content on seeing Park Jimin wasn't certainly for anyone to know.

.
.
.
.

To Be Continued
.
.
.

Finally. Argh this goddamn party is over. Author is dead after writing in one sitting for so long.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1M 59.9K 74
Taehyung: He is cold, expressionless and rigid. Seokjin: He's carefree, loving and patient. "Can you help me forget my past?" This is a TAEJIN fanfic...
1.7M 84.3K 51
Kim Taehyung is a championship ice skater but his cold personality makes him unapproachable and detached from everyone. Jeon Jungkook is an outgoing...
144K 7.1K 55
What happens when two souls of different attitudes fell in love with each other? Where Jin is cuty, sassy, straight forward and Jungkook is cold, i...
230K 10.5K 83
Right before his wedding with Jungkook, Jin was asked to sign a marriage contract by the cold natured Jungkook who is the son of the owner of Jeon I...