A Bad Start - A Story By Fari...

由 Ladyfaree

'No, it can't be. It really is a joke, right?' Shazia asked under her breath, looking at the other women for... 更多

Chapter 1 - A Bad Start
Chapter 2 - The Promise
Chapter 3 - The News
Chapter 4 - The Flashback
Chapter 5 - Pearls Bistro
Chapter 6 - Husna
Chapter 7 - The Confession
Chapter 8 - The El-Muneer Story
Chapter 9 - From Tanko To El-Muneer
Chapter 10 - The Portrait
Chapter 11 - Goodbye!
Chapter 12 - Shazia Meets Amir
Chapter 13 - Crash!
Chapter 14 - Cairo
Chapter 15 - Oh Adila!!
Chapter 16 - Mrs. N
Chapter 17 - The Abduction!
Chapter 18 - Shaleed Or Khazia??
Chapter 19 - Fate
Chapter 20 - Amir And Shazia
Chapter 21 - Mujaheed!!
Chapter 23 - Shazia El-Muneer!!
Chapter 24 - The Appointment
Chapter 25 - Mr. And Mrs. Aadeel
Chapter 26 - PayBack..
Chapter 27 - Fahad El-Muneer
Chapter 28 - Forgiveness
Chapter 29 - The Mask Party
Chapter 30 - Decency!
Chapter 31 - Marital Bliss
Writer's Note 💜

Chapter 22 - Life

49 14 21
由 Ladyfaree

Khaleed's Residence - 25th May, 2019.

The three friends were all seated watching the news when Khaleed's younger brother, Aryan came in. Pleasantries were exchanged and he found a spot to sit, with a gloomy face.

'What's wrong with you? Why do you look like you just saw a ghost?' Khaleed asked.

'Worse than a ghost!' Aryan spat.

'Why? What happened?' Khaleed tried so hard not to laugh.

'You know Hajiya's friend, Hajiya Dijah? Well, Hajiya sent me to meet her daughter, Ummu Khulsum. Ohh! Boy was it a horrible sight to behold!! Girl came out dressed like a mad woman with her face like a witch's! Imagine meeting your potential husband for the first time and dressing like a harlot! And for crying out loud, if she can't apply makeup, must she? When I came back, I told Hajiya I wasn't interested and she was pissed off'. He sighed.

'Welcome to the club!' Khaleed teased and everyone laughed. 'You are angry because this is the first time that's happening to you, but don't worry, you'll get used to Hajiya matchmaking you with her friends' daughters very soon'.

'Used to what? Oh please, I am not interested. In fact, I am going back to Amsterdam in two days' time to be back when I find someone to settle with. I can't be living a miserable life here'. Aryan picked out his phone and left.

'I never thought Aryan was more stubborn than you are. I mean seriously Khaleed, I have never met anyone as stubborn as you'. Aadeel laughed.

'I think it's in the blood!' Khaleed chuckled. 'I know Hajiya! She'll force him back very soon'.

'I hope he gets someone to settle with before she does. It's not nice having issues with one's parents'. Aadeel declared.

'You are really lucky Hajiya isn't your mother. At times, it's just inevitable no matter how hard we try'.

'May Allah SWT grant us the ability to serve our parents well'.

'Aamiin'.

Naeem was just pressing his phone absentmindedly.

'Naeem!! Naeem!!' Khaleed called again, tapping him on his shoulder.

'Yeah'.

'What's on your mind? You've been quiet for too long!'.

'What else apart from the fact that I am in love with a ghost!'. Khaleed and Aadeel burst into laughter. 'I am serious, it's like she just vanished into thin air'.

'We will find her some day In Shaa Allah, I promise'. Aadeel assured him.

'For my sake, I hope we do. I am losing a part of myself every passing day!'.

'Keep praying and hoping for the best'. Khaleed advised.

'Thank you, I'll keep my fingers crossed that we are finding her soon'.

The trio talked for a while before Aadeel dropped Naeem home.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Shazia's Apartment - 28th May, 2019.

Shazia got home exhausted from the day's activities and she flung her bag on her bed. She lazily showered, made coffee and sat on a sofa surfing the net. A particular story caught her attention and she immediately burst out crying before she could stop herself.

July 2018.

Hajiya Naima's 3 brothers, their families and other relatives were in Nigeria for the wedding except Aunt Zahra, Ali and Anisa who stayed back in Cairo.

It was a day to Shazia and Amir's wedding and there was going to be the 'Kamu' ceremony. Shazia was elegantly dressed in a lilac mermaid gown and matching bridal turban and veil by Glam Designs Dubai. She had a crystal covered Jimmy Choo Cloud clutch bag, a silver Jimmy Choo women's Metallic Avril pump, a waterfall white gold and diamond bridal jewelry set and a Rolex Pearlmaster Silver Dial Women's Watch.

Once the wedding designer was done adjusting Shazia's final looks, her friends kept complimenting how beautiful she looked. Shazia has only 10 friends - 6 from her Secondary school and 4 from the University. The friends were all dressed in their silver ashoebi.

When it was time to leave for the event, Laura pulled Shazia's veil over her face and led her out of the house. The convoy left immediately everyone got into a car.

The magnificent banquet hall was elegantly decorated in silver, grey and lilac drapes, table and chair decor, lights, flowers, carpets and backdrops. The stage was beautifully decorated for the bride. There was a stylish wedding mandap at the center of the hall and between the stage and the mandap was a fancy dance floor. A fashionable photo booth was at the far right end of the stage. The seating arrangement was a  mix 'n match seating style and food counters were at all four corners of the hall. All escorts and bouncers were in position.

Immediately the convoy arrived at the venue, the bridal train - made up of Shazia's friends and cousins - escorted her to her seat as Laura served as her guide. Her face was still covered after Laura gently placed her on her seat.

The opening prayer and welcome address were said and it was time for the 'Unveiling of the Bride' by the grooms' family. As the groom's family walked towards Shazia, her friends quickly surrounded her. A lady whom Shazia couldn't see clearly because of the veil covering her face collected the microphone from the MC .

'Assalamu alaikum (peace be upon you all). We wish to unveil our bride please'. She announced in her British accent.

'She has a really melodious voice'. Shazia thought to herself.

'Wa alaikumussalam (And upon you be peace). You have to pay first please'. Najma informed her, giggling.

'Okay, name your price'. The lady responded, smiling.

The friends discussed amongst themselves for about a minute before chorusing '1 million naira'.

The lady smiled for the umpteenth time. 'Here is a cheque of 2 million naira'. She replied humbly, handing over a cheque to Najma. The wedding guests were astonished and there was a resounding round of  applause across the hall.

'Awwwwwwn'. The friends chorused after confirming it was indeed 2 million naira. The groom's family unveiled the bride and took photographs with her.

There were different kinds of delicacies, entertainment, games etc. Amir came with his friends to the event and left immediately after taking photographs with the bride and others. The Kamu event was lit and everyone present had fun.

Later that night, Shazia and her friends had a sleepover party. The girls ate all kinds of delicacies, played games, danced and took pictures. It was fun for hours.

After the party, Shazia called Amir and they talked for about 2 hours. Amir advised her on life and how people must bear everything with patience. He thanked her for everything, prayed hard for her and by the end of the call, she was really emotional. The couple bade each other goodnight with the intention of praying Tahajjud (The night prayer) before retiring for the night.

20th July, 2018 -  The Wedding Day

Amir was with 5 of his friends in the parlour of their guest house all set for the wedding Fatiha (solemnization) in his white with blue embroidery kaftan and agbada. The friends kept teasing him as all groomsmen do and all he did was smile.

'But seriously, I've never seen anyone love a girl the way Amir loves Shazia'. Aasim declared.

'Man, same here!! Like how can you love a girl for years without informing her? Please my brother, I can't. The very day I fall in love with a girl, I inform her. If she's in, good for her. If not, her loss'. Abdulwahab shrugged and all the friends laughed hard knowing their friend.

'She's lucky to have you as a husband, I know you'll treat her right'. Aasim told Amir.

The friends talked for a while as they continued teasing him. Just as they were about to leave for the Mosque where the wedding Fatiha will take place, Amir checked his Patek Philippe Calatrava White Gold Dial wristwatch which was a gift from Yaya Gentle.

'Please give me 15 minutes to pray Salatul Dhuha (Chasht prayer)'. Amir pleaded, removing the wristwatch and placing it in his pocket.

'You can pray there when we arrive man, we are almost late. I know the wedding Fatiha isn't until 1:30pm but you know we have to get good parking and also sitting spaces in the Mosque hence why we got ready so early.'. Abdulwahab reminded him.

'Before we arrive there and exchange pleasantries with others, it'd be late for me to pray it. Let me pray here please'. Amir insisted.

'But it isn't even 10am yet, there's still…' Abdulwahab began.

'It's okay. Let him pray'. His friend, Dr. Sa'ad said, to which Abdulwahab nodded.

Amir who had already performed ablution went into the room to pray. After 20 minutes, Aasim went into the room to check up on Amir who was taking too long and he saw him in Sujood (prostration) so he went back to the parlor and continued gisting with other friends. After 10 minutes, Amir still wasn't out so Aasim went back to the room. He was still in the same position he left him some minutes back.

'This Sujood is long enough Amir, I know it's Shazia you are praying to Allah for and she's almost yours'. He teased, chuckling. 'So please round the Salah (prayer) up, let's get going. We are getting late'. Aasim stood for a few minutes but Amir didn't move so he moved closer to him, then he noticed something. 'Guys! Guys!!' He called out 'Guys!! Please come fast'. The friends sprinted into the room, trying to figure out what the issue was. 'It's Amir! I don't think he's breathing!'. Aasim pointed at Amir who was still in sujood, as he gasped for breath.

'Let me check'. Dr. Sa'ad moved closer and laid Amir - who was obviously not breathing - on the prayer mat. He checked for a pulse and there was none. In denial, he checked for pupil response, still nothing. Trying hard to fight back his tears, he checked and there was no heartbeat. 'Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un'. He burst into tears and all other friends followed suit.

After weeping uncontrollably for more than 20 minutes, the friends started wiping their tears and consoling each other.

'How do we inform his family?' Abdulwahab asked in tears.

'Ohh poor Shazia! I can't even imagine how she'd feel'. Salman cried.

'We definitely can't inform his father directly. I think it's best we inform his uncle'. Aasim suggested. Two of the friends were sent to break the news.

Uncle Ahmad and Amir's father, Alhaji Muhammad were about to leave for the Mosque when the friends approached the Uncle with their puffy eyes.

'I hope all is well'. He inquired.

'It's, it's A-amir Sir. Pl-please come'. Dr. Sa'ad stammered.

'SubhanAllah, is he sick? Why are your eyes swollen? Have you been crying?' He asked. They only turned and started walking away so he followed them.

Amir's father who was standing by the other side of the car oblivious of what the trio discussed saw his elder brother walking towards the guest home with the friends so he intuitively followed them.

Amir was lying lifelessly on the centre rug of the parlor when the trio entered.

'Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un (Surely, we belong to Allah and verily to Him do we return)! Inna lilLah wa inna ilaihi raji'un. Allahumma ajirni fi musibatiy wa akhlif liy khairan minha (O Allah! Compensate me in my affliction, recompense my loss and give me something better in exchange for it)'. Alhaji Muhammad who no-one knew was at the door kept uttering as tears streamed down his face.

'Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. What happened?' Alhaji Ahmad asked, fighting back his tears.

'He died in his Salah'. Aasim replied, and he went on to narrate what happened to the best of his knowledge.

After getting all the necessary things, Amir was bathed and shrouded. The men went back into the busy house and after a series of preaching, Alhaji Ahmad broke the sad news of Amir's death to Amir's mother and relatives who came for the wedding. She instantly prayed for eternal peace for him and asked to see his corpse. She was taken to it and she sat close to it, staring at her son's smiling face. Hajiya Aisha continued to pray to Allah to grant her son eternal peace as relatives went in to say their goodbyes.

Alhaji Ahmad called Alhaji El-Muneer who was also about to leave for the Mosque and informed him of the incident.

******

Shazia was in her section with her friends and maternal cousins, beautifully dressed in a blue lace gown with a touch of white, a white Christian Louboutin Double L Sandal and a big white veil placed on her head. Her colorless diamond jewelry set and Patek Philippe Twenty~4 Automatic ladies' watch were sitting perfectly on her skin.

'You look really stunning Shazee. I can't wait to see Amir's reaction when he lays his eyes on you'. Laura complimented.

'Our soon to be Mrs. Amir God willing. I've waited years for this day'. Another friend, Zarah, commented.

'I've never seen a perfect couple like Shazia and Amir, they look so perfectly beautiful together'. The friends kept complimenting and Shazia blushed shyly, she seemed absent - minded. Her phone was on the center table and she just kept staring at it.

'So you are suddenly shy of us? Oh wow!'. Laura teased.

'I know you are normally quiet, but you are too quiet today. Are you okay?' Dalila asked.

'I am. I just feel sad for no apparent reason'. Shazia muttered.

'Awwwwwn! She's thinking of the love of her life. Don't worry Shazee, he'll soon be yours God willing'. Najma teased.

'Girl! You have to be sad, you are leaving home!'. Dalila voiced.

'No, this feeling is different'. Shazia said, sadly.

'Shazee, what will you cook first for Amir? I can't wait to visit so I'll laugh'. Zulaiha teased, trying to cheer her up. Her friends all chipped in to enliven her.

'Indomie'. She teased back and they all burst out laughing.

Hajiya Naima on the other hand was with relatives and well wishers in the guest parlor when Alhaji El-Muneer called on the phone and asked her to meet him in the family living room. After preaching to her, he broke the news. She cried profusely before going back to the guest parlor. Alhaji El-Muneer, Fahad and other male relatives left for Alhaji Muhammad's house.

'Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un.. Inna lilLah wa inna ilaihi raji'un (Verily we belong to Allah and verily to Him do we return)'. Hajiya Naima kept repeating non-stop, tears streaming down her face as she walked back into the living. She informed her friends of Amir's death and everyone present burst into tears. 'How do I break this news to Shazia? How can I as her mother tell her that Amir is no more. I can't break this news to her. I can't break my baby's heart'. She cried.

'Get a grip on yourself please'. A friend, Hajiya Huda advised her, taking her to a sofa. She handed her a glass of water which she gulped down instantly. 'Now calm down please. It is the Decree of Allah, and He does whatever He wills. Whatever Allah SWT does is best for his servant whether the servant knows it or not. Pray for Allah SWT to grant Amir eternal peace and to replace him with someone far better in Shazia's life'. She paused,  blinking back her tears. 'I'll inform Shazia in the best way I can'.

'Her section is on the 3rd floor, the door on the right'. Hajiya Naima managed to say, tears still coursing down her cheeks. Hajiya Huda and some elderly women headed for Shazia's section.

They gently knocked on the door and Dalila responded excitedly. 'Come in please'. The elderly women stepped into the parlor. 'Oh mummy, so it is you!'.  She said, smiling.

'Please excuse us, we want to speak with Shazia and Laura alone. You can hang around on this floor so when we are leaving you can come back to your friends'. Hajiya Huda commanded the girls.

'But mummy, please can't you wait till later for the parents' advice? You'll make her cry thereby spoiling the makeup. Amir will be coming immediately after the wedding Fatiha for their pictures and…. '

'Leave now!' Hajiya Huda stated calmly. Her daughter and the other girls could sense it was something serious so they immediately left.

'Come and sit close to me Shazia'. Hajiya Huda instructed. Shazia obediently sat close to her, looking down at the rug as a sign of respect. Laura was still rooted to her seat, she had a bad feeling about all that.

'Shazia, in life, we plan and Allah plans but He is the best of Planners'. She began. 'If I lend my phone to you and I later come back to take it, will you be angry?'. She asked.

'No mummy, I'll gladly give it to you since I know it wasn't mine to begin with'.

'Good!' Hajiya Huda continued. Shazia was feeling really uneasy. 'To Allah belongs what He takes, and to Him belongs what He gives, and for everything on earth He sets a  time limit. In life, things do not always happen the way we plan and as human beings we have no choice but to accept them the way they are and have faith that Allah SWT only does whatever is best for us'. She paused, blinking back her tears. 'Allah loves Amir more than we do, He gave him to us and now He has taken back what is His. Have patience and seek your reward from Allah. May Allah SWT forgive his shortcomings and admit him into the Garden'. Shazia instantly raised her face up to look at mummy.

'Amir that I spoke with less than 2 hours ago? Mummy please this joke is too expensive. Amir dead?' Shazia uttered as she rose from the sofa, walking towards the table to pick up her phone. 'No, it can't be. I'll just call him now and prove that you are all mistaken. It really is a joke, right?' Shazia asked under her breath, looking at the other women for confirmation.

'We are sorry Shazia. May Allah have mercy on Amir'. Was all the other women could chorus.

'Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un (Surely, we belong to Allah and verily to Him do we return)! Inna lilLah wa inna ilaihi raji'un. Allahumma ajirni fi musibatiy wa akhlif liy khairan minha (O Allah! Compensate me in my affliction, recompense my loss and give me something better in exchange for it). It's okay. Allah knows best'. She affirmed with tears in her eyes and in her voice.  'May Allah SWT forgive Amir and grant him eternal peace'. Her vision became blurry and she collapsed.

'Quick! Someone should please get a glass of water' A woman screamed as they ran towards her seemingly lifeless body. Laura ran out of the room crying, almost bumping into Dalila and the others who were by the door.

'Laura, what is this? Are you okay?' Zarah asked.

'Please get water, help Shazee!!'. She gasped. 'Amir! Amir is dead'. Laura managed to say before slumping to the ground.

'Inna lilLahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un'. The girls all burst into tears.

By the time Shazia who was unconscious for almost 30 minutes woke up, she was on a sofa in the living room, with her mother and so many others in the living room wiping tears from time to time. Seeing them in that state confirmed Shazia's greatest fear. 'Ummy, can I see him one last time please?'. She asked weakly, trying to sit up.

'Please get her ready'. Hajiya Naima informed her sisters-in-law, Aunt Yasmine and Aunt Hafsah. The Muhammad Rimis were only waiting for Shazia to bid Amir farewell before his corpse is taken to the mosque.

Shazia's aunties took her to a room and wiped the makeup off her face. Laura brought a long jilbab for her and the aunties helped her wear it.

By the time Shazia, her mother and others arrived at Alhaji Muhammad's house, a fresh bout of sobs began. Even Amir's mother who had been strong broke down upon sighting her. She was led to where his corpse was and she prayed for him amid tears as her mother held on to her. At exactly 12:40pm, Amir was taken out of the house.

At the Mosque after the Jumma'a prayer, what was supposed to be Amir's wedding fatiha turned to his funeral prayer. He was taken to the graveyard after that and buried accordingly.

*****

A week after Amir's death, Laura met Alhaji El-Muneer and Hajiya Naima in the living room.

'Good afternoon Abby. Good afternoon Ummy'.

'How are you Laura?' Hajiya Naima asked.

'I am fine, thank you. Please there's something Faruk and I want to discuss with you'.

'Where's Faruk?' Alhaji El-Muneer asked. 'Tell him to come in'.

Laura called Faruk who was outside the mansion and they came back to the living room together. Faruk greeted them then sat on the rug.

'Ummy, we think our wedding should be postponed indefinitely'. Laura informed them.

'Why?' A sad Shazia asked as she walked into the living room with puffy eyes. Everyone was instantly quiet! 'Why?' She asked again as she sat beside her father, looking at everyone. Faruk and Laura could only gaze at the rug. 'If it's because of Amir's death Abby, we are going on with the date set'. Shazia informed her father, trying to be brave. 'Or is there anything else we should know?' She asked the couple to which they slowly shook their heads. 'Then it's settled! Your wedding is taking place in 3 weeks' time as planned In Shaa Allah (God willing)'. She averred. The couple, obviously feeling helpless, thanked the family and left.

And as planned, Laura and Faruk got married on the fixed date. The couple only agreed to have a walima/reception where some Sheikhs preached and Laura was later taken to her marital home.

The house was Alhaji El-Muneer's gift to the Couple and he also gave Faruk huge capital to start a business. Hajiya Naima and Shazia both gave the couple money and Fahad gave them 2 brand new Mercedes C300 sedans.

'Bride loses Husband to the cold hands of death on the day of the wedding!'. Shazia read the headline again, tears still coursing down her face as she remembered how 'Billionaire Alhaji El-Muneer's daughter, Shazia El-Muneer, loses fiancé and best friend on the day set for their wedding' was all over the news. She turned to the bedside drawer to look at a framed photograph of her and Amir taken on her Kamu day. 'May Allah SWT grant the bride the fortitude to bear the loss'. She silently prayed as she shoved her phone on the center table.

End of Chapter 22.

I am really sorry for breaking your hearts. Death is inevitable 😢😢

May Allah SWT forgive us and our deceased brothers and sisters, and may He admit us all into the Garden of Bliss, aamiin aamiin

Please like (by pressing the star button below), comment and share.

Thank you 💜💜

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

311K 19.9K 46
She loved him. He loved another. She was ready to die for him. He pretended to be oblivious to that. She was...
139K 7.8K 29
#16 islamic 13/01/2020 #23 hijab 13/01/2020 #35 halal 13/01/2020 #10 indianlovestories 13/01/2020 #38 muslimlovestory 13/01/2020 #15 marriageproposal...
11.5K 1.5K 22
Previously known as Are we really destined to be together? "I'm waiting for the moment when my soul will leave this body and I'll be dead officially...
2.2K 131 19
~Rabia Shah A ' epitome of beauty ' and a successful business woman , short tempered but strong mind , bold , and from a very rich and respectful fa...