poeta nascitur, non fit ~ ste...

By verifiedgoddess

in which the reader transfers to Welton Academy and falls for everyone's favorite redhead... best ratings: #1... More

REWRITTEN: the transfer~
the accident~
anxious mornings~
the first day~
meeks vs. cameron, part 1~
the lessons of mr.keating~
carpe diem!~
femme fatale~
redheads~
knoxious in love~
noble pursuits do not guarantee happiness~
the spark~
and so it begins~
i hereby reconvene the dead poets society~
blissful exhaustion~
radio free america~
a/n(sorry, loves)
neil, master of all chaos~
emily dickinson plays soccer~
long live (y/n), Queen of hell-ton~
aesthetics & more~
splintered stanzas: the Ivan Incident ~
rosewater~
splintered stanzas: study sessions
the phone call~
splintered stanzas: my confidante~
who we are~
splintered stanzas: the legacy
the party~
splintered stanzas: breakfast & bittersweet tea
splintered stanzas: love, lizzy bennet~
a worthy adversary~
a short a/n <3
splintered stanzas: fond recollections~
dewdrops & daisies
splintered stanzas: perry vs. (y/n)
proper theatrics~
the events of henley hall~
!! ATTENTION !!
the morning after~
darkest before dawn~
EPILOGUE~ i.
EPILOGUE ~ ii.
EPILOGUE ~ iii.
THANK YOU!!!

girls and other unsolvable mysteries~

1.4K 51 19
By verifiedgoddess

song of the chapter: bang bang bang by sohodolls (you CANNOT tell my Charlie Dalton does not OWN this mf song)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Charlie Dalton, you bloody idiot!" (y/n) exclaimed, upon hearing the newspaper article that her dear friend had published within the Welton school journal. While (y/n) was attending the fateful party the previous night, the Dead Poets Society had been audience to more of Charlie's girl chasing delusions. 

This time, however, his actions put (y/n)'s attendance at Welton Academy in serious jeopardy; that did not take the girl long to figure out. During the study hall period, whilst Dr. Hager was preoccupied reprimanding another student, the boys had filled her in - all the while Charlie sat smugly, feet propped up on the desk in front of him. 

"Hey," he defended himself "can you blame me?" the blue-eyed boy sat up and braced his forearms on the table while (y/n) quirked her chin and raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh, really? I certainly think I can." she retorted, fake sweetness lacing her tone. Charlie/Nuwanda blew her a kiss before replying, while the other boys pretended not to be listening to the two argue. 

"Come on, your the only girl here and Meeks's, so it wouldn't do my honor any good to trail after you." the boy whisper-shouted, to which Meeks raises his head in surprise at 'his girl'. She smiled at him brightly, despite being just a stitch upset at Nuwanda. 

Love has a funny way of making one adore life, when it can sometimes seem so dull and melancholy, hasn't it? (y/n) pitied the girl that she used to be; one who relied on the love of others to feel love for herself. Now, she is only grateful for love, not reliant on the emotional bond. Perhaps that was why she Meeks had struck her fancy - he too saw love as something to be grateful for, not something to be sought out; to be forced. 

"Well," she sighed dejectedly, ruffling her beloved's auburn locks "I really do hope you at least used proper language in this article of yours, Nuwanda darling." He smirked, looking victorious. 

"Who in the hell would I be if I hadn't?" his rhetorical question made an identical grin split onto both of their faces, releasing some of the tension at the table. 

"Ah, that's valid, at least in your delusions you managed to retain your literacy." (y/n)'s reply was worthy of some semi-nervous laughter from the group - save for Knox, who continued to stare down at his Stoichiometry with more attention than she'd seen his display all year. 

Neil, from where he'd been arguing with his respective blonde lover over a math equation, piped up. "Alright, ha, ha," he said sarcastically "this can't happen again Charlie. They'll figure out about, well, you-know-what. And then what? If my father-" Todd grabbed the boy's shoulder, a perfectly normal public display between pals, at the sound of the anxiety lacing Neil's tone like poison. 

(y/n) looked on empathetically, as the boys rang their chorus of:

"Don't worry!" -Pitts

"How will the figure it out?" -Cameron, shooting a glance at the girl to his left 

"If they haven't found the radio, there's no chance." - A very sure of himself Steven Meeks. 

"It'll be fine, guys." - Knox

She bit her lip thoughtfully before replying, Nuwanda being halfway through a speech about integrity and what seemed like a reference to the Three Musketeers. "I wouldn't worry, Neil," her eyes showing genuine care for the boys around her - save for one - as she continued, "I'm manifesting that they won't find out, and it works every time." Cameron made a face.

"Where's the science behind that?" he inquired, always seeking professional opinions. (y/n) rolled her eyes and scoffed, as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing. 

"Oh, please," she drawled while brushing illusionary crumbs of her shoulder "I am the science. How else do you think I did better than you on our Chemistry midterm?" His mouth fell open in defeat. 

"You did not." The more furious redhead argued, refusing to believe in the girl's esoteric connections. She tilted her head back and laughed quietly, then her face returned to its teasing charm. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." This time, it was her beloved Meeks who laughed, riotously.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Not long after the events of study hall that morning, was the entire Academy sent down to the main chapel, where -months before - they had been indicted into Welton society for that school year. Mr. Nolan, accompanied by his usual advisors who looked as if they were a kingdom facing battle(as per usual), stormed into the wide space. Like clockwork, every young man - and woman - stood up, military style in the room that smelled like blown-out candles. 

He took his place at the front of the hall, standing at a podium with a copy of this week's issue of the Welton Honour in his wrinkly hand. "Sit." he ordered them gruffly, to which they complied. (y/n) reached over and grabbed Steven's hand, trying to find comfort. 

"This week in our newspaper, there appeared a profane and unsanctioned article "Rather than spend my valuable time ferreting out guilty persons - which I most certainly will do. Instead, any and all persons who are in possession of knowledge regarding this article, step forward now and be rewarded. And to the guilty person/s, know that I will find you and this is your one time to come forward - and avoid expulsion." His words were rough and jagged, each syllable cutting into (y/n) like thorns on a rose, prickly and uncomfortable. If they found out about the Dead Poets Society, (y/n) was dead certain they would ship her back to London. 

A nervous, split-second glance was shared between the secret society members, interrupted by a rather odd timed phone call. It should not have surprised the girl in the plaid skirt that of course, Charlie "Nuwanda" bloody Dalton would be the one to pick it up. 

The world seemed to stop spinning, as if it were trying to see what would be next. 

"Welton Academy, hello?" The dark-haired boy murmured into the phone, looking at Nolan, "Yes he is, just a moment." He stood, extending the phone in his hands towards the decrepit old man. 

The tension in the room was thick enough to be cut by a sword, which the next spoken words slashed in half, like glass shattering. 

"Mr. Nolan, it's for you!" he exclaimed with an odd glint in his eyes. "It's God, he says we should have more girls at Welton!" Laughter followed, but (y/n)'s heart twisted in her chest. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The group had gathered outside of the dorm rooms, awaiting Charlie's return from his ill-fated visit to Mr. Nolan's private offices. Anxious chatter was, well, awkward as one might imagine. The air felt heavier, somehow, knowing their friend was being punished - even if he might've deserved it. 

The man of the hour came up the staircase, silent as a mouse. Everyone held their breaths. As he oh so gingerly made his way towards his door. The reek of teenage anger rippled through them all, at the system and this school and, for (y/n), the world. And yet, they all cleared a path for him, the girl nuzzling her head in Meeks' shoulder. 

"You kicked out?" Neil asked 

"No." came the short reply, of an embarrassed young man who simply wanted to lay down and cry, judging by the lack of usual charismatic energy he failed to bring with him.

"Well, then what happened?" The brown-eyed actor demanded, wanting answers. 

Charlie stood in the doorway, rigid, for a few moments before replying. "I'm to turn everyone in, apologize to the school, and all will be forgiven." (y/n) was sure they all could tell how he informed with a heavy heart, raw scrapes given to him by Nolan reminding him of how deeply he cared for his buddies. 

"So what are you gonna do? Charlie?" Neil, yet again, pressed his unstable friend for answers, when he really needed to be left alone to his turmoil. 

"Damn it Neil," the boy sighed, choking back tears that stained his cheeks, "the name's Nuwanda." And with that, he closed the door. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: sorry guys senior year is killing me but the lovely comments and votes are inspiring me to write more! very very excited about these next few chapters!! Please note, I don't think I'll have many splintered stanzas for a bit, since the actual plot is going to need more chapters! however, expect plenty of drama, my dear fellow nerds. all my loving energy to you!!! <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.6K 3K 31
it's everything the welton boys had prayed for. girls were attending welton. henley hall's finest students were attending as a result of their exce...
177K 3.1K 22
Literally in love with Dead Poets Society. Just a little collection of preferences and imagines I've written and (finally) decided to publish. Feel...
17.8K 630 16
๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐๐„๐€๐”๐“๐˜ He questioned softly why I failed? "For beauty," I replied. (Dead Poets Society Fan Fiction) (Completed Novella)
73.5K 3.1K 26
โ› ๐’๐’‡ ๐’„๐’๐’๐’–๐’…๐’๐’†๐’”๐’” ๐’„๐’๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’š ๐’”๐’Œ๐’Š๐’†๐’”. โœ โช charlie dalton x fem oc โซ โช dead poets society...