A whole new person ~Hunter x...

By randomfangirlfandoms

A powerless witch? In the emperor's coven? Y/n thought it was impossible, until a very kind person gave her t... More

•0• Kindness •0•
•1• Hoot hoot •1•
•2• Against all odds •2•
•4• Off to the sea •4•
•5• Hunting palisman •5•
•6• His right-hand •6•
•7• Eclipse lake •7•
•8• Confessions •8•
•9• Magic school •9•
•10• With the Owl Lady •10•
•11• Real, illusion •11•
•12• Blight industries •12•
•13• The final obstacle •13•
•14• Feels new •14•
•15• So weird, so perfect •15•
•BONUS• Scrap book •BONUS•
•16• Falling leaves •16•
•17• Haunted Night •17•
•18• Eyes •18•
•19• Keep on, without him •19•
•20• Dollhouse •20•
•21• Inner Conflicts •21•
•22• Setting things straight •22•
•23• A nightmare •23•
•24• Where's Luz? •24•
•25• Is it over? •25•
•26• Reunion •26•
•27• Red feather •27•
•28• Wood •28•
•29• Goodbye, old friend •29•
•30• Dinner •30•
•31• Stability •31•
•32• Happy Ending •32•
Author's final bow

•3• Sticky stick •3•

1.9K 59 207
By randomfangirlfandoms

First mission with the golden guard! Hmmmmm I wonder what's going to happen to them

Y/n's p.o.v

"Yo, Steve, need help with that?"
A guard passing by asked me as I struggled to pull large bags out of the room that used to be mine.

Yup, I'm moving. ...already.
My new room will be closer to the middle of the castle. The closer to the throne room, the higher the authority.

These next few days will decide if I get the job as the golden guard's right hand, or not and get demoted back to a mear scout.

I sighed. It's a bit weird for me, actually.
Now that I climbed so high, I can't let myself fall. But it's also tough for me to comprehend the fact that the Steves that used to be my besties will now behave differently with me.

Oh, oops. Steve's waiting for my answer-

"That'll be great. Thanks, Steve."
My belonging were neatly stuffed into four large bags, but there's a limit to how much a person can carry, especially when it's a person like me who's determined to take everything in one go.

"The whole castle's talking about what you did yesterday. Congratulations!"

"Thank you!!"
My smile was clearly heard through the mask. Even with my insecurities, I was truly proud of my achievement.

Although I feel like I said the word 'thank you' these past few days more times than I ever said my entire life.

"To be honest, all these explosions yesterday didn't let me sleep."
Steve sighed, exhausted.

"Oops! Not in your break..."
I pitied him. A good sleep opportunity is hard to get in this job. And for Steve, it got ruined because of the race.

We continued chatting until we arrived at a room with a bronze door, right next to the one with a golden door.

It opened, catching us off-guard.
By instinct, I dropped everything and held my spear.

"GOLDEN GUARD, SIR!"
Steve dropped everything with a heavy thud and saluted.
"Uh- SIR!"
I awkwardly straightened up, trying to join on Steve's words.
I have to stop almost attacking those above me or else I'll be stoned-petrified.
Or worse.
Kicked out.

"...Why aren't you at your posts."
The golden guard asked in an extremely monotone voice, adjusting his mask.

"Steve's been helping me move, sir!"
I announced.

"Oh, that's you, Y/n. Well, I suppose Steve helped you enough. I'll take it from here."

"Of course, sir."
Steve saluted one last time and left.

"Aaaaaand... up!"
With a swift motion, the golden guard grabbed two bags and kicked open the bronze door with his leg. He really gives off child-energy, now that I think about it.

I followed him inside to my new room, carrying the other bags inside.

"So he is a Steve, too. A lot of people here are named Steve for some reason..."
He mumbled to himself while putting the bags down.

"You... don't know about the STEVE, sir?"
I questioned, remembering him calling us Steves on multiple occasions.
"It seemed as if... you know... know."

"The whole thing really confuses me, heh. I just went on with it and it works."
The golden guard shrugged. This whole situation made me giggle uncontrollably.

"AHEM. Sir."
I cleared her throat and stopped myself immediately when his head turned to me, which I could only guess had an angered expression underneath the mask.

"Steve is a basic name the first emperor's guards chose. We are equal and literally look the same, and the masks kinda muffle our voices, so trying to remember names is useless."
I decided that the best thing for me to do now would be to explain.
"Of course, there might be some people who are actually called Steve, but no one cares. We are all friend and servants of the emperor. That's all that matters."

"I see,"
He nodded, then proceeded to clap his hands together.
"Well, Y/n! Let's get over some things."

The golden guard summoned his staff.
"Hang on to me."

Confused, I obeyed the order and the next thing I know- we are in the field underneath my new room's window.

I felt a bit loopy from the teleporting but didn't dare to move. After all, I am on duty. Can't show weakness.

"Boop!"
The golden guard put his magic staff in front of my masked face. Again, in pure instinct, I moved away from where the magic staff could get me and kicked it off his hands in merely a second.

"SORRY SIR!"
I announced in my panic. The golden guard summoned his staff back.

I thought I was thanking people a lot. Now I think I am apologising too much.

"Brilliant."

"Um, thank you, sir."
I had to remember the he is testing me right now, to make sure I was the right choice. I am determined to prove myself.

"Now, for business. The emperor wants me to collect nuts from the arm's forest. You are coming with."

"The arm's forest? The nuts there are dangerously explosive..."
I recalled a fact I read one.

"We'll have to be extra careful, then."
He shrugged.

"If you say so, sir."
I agreed and obeyed, saluting.

"You know,"
The golden guard said.
"You can stop with the saluting. It's just us two here."

"I will, sir."

Okay, correction.
I say 'sir' a lot.

I can't help but admit that I was quite puzzled. I heard a lot about the golden guard's cold nature, but in actuality, he was pretty chill.
Morning wind started blowing as the cloudy sky placed the sun to our east.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"We'll need to take a quick turn right there,"
I pointed while holding the map that was given to the golden guard by belos.

"I think I see it!"
He announced, flying even faster.
I bit my lip to silent a small scream.
All this flying around was DEFINITELY not for me. Sitting behind the golden guard, I used my stronger hand to hold onto the magic staff for dear life.

I quietly sighed in relief the moment I got on steady ground, my knees slightly shaking. The golden guard charged forwards towards the forest as if he was an excited child, and I hurried to follow him.

The front of the forest had 'keep out' signs of all kinds, which of course he ignored.
There were trees of both regular nuts and explosive nuts, the explosives being slightly darker than the safe ones.

"This must be it..."
The golden guard said, reaching for the explosive nut to collect it.

I quickly reached to stop him by holding his arm still.
"Careful, sir! These nuts contain large amounts of wild magic. Ancient witches enchanted these for pranking each other."

"Then how are we supposed to get these?"
Frustration digged into his voice.
I paused to think.

"Hmm... avoiding direct contact and using the tree's own leaves should be the safest way to collect it. The leaves around here are actually very useful for potion making because of their durability."

The golden guard pulled his hand out of mine and started using the method to collect the nuts. After looking around for any dangers and seeing that the area was safe enough, I joined him.

Half an hour later we had an entire bag of these explosive nuts.

I wonder why the emperor needs them...
Perhaps it's a part of his mission for getting rid of any remains of wild magic.
But then, why did he just want a bag of these? Why not just destroy the forest...?

No, Y/n. Don't doubt the emperor. Or the titan's will. Just follow the order.

"So... I suppose you know a thing or two about potions?"
The golden guard asked out of the blue.

"I've been reading all I could about them my entire life."
I admitted.
"It's the only thing I can do, anyway."

He hummed in some sort of an agreement.
"You must've read the third edition of potions for notions, then."

"...indeed, sir."

"Do you remember that one recipe that had grass from the arm's forest as an ingredient?"

"Um... oh, oh! I remember something like that... ugh... it's on the tip of my tongue..."
I didn't act professionally at all, but we didn't care because we were just trying to remember that one paragraph in a book we read once.

"Me too! I remember saying 'Hunter, if you ever get to the arm's forest, grab some grass' but I don't remember for what!"

"GOT IT!"
I exclaimed.
"Sticky potion."

"Ohhhhh rightttt! This."
He announced, finally remembering.
"Mixed with some water from the heart..."
The golden guard pulled out a water bottle.

"...it turns into a strong glue that disintegrates after a specific amount of time."
I completed, the nerd in me absolutely thriving. I sneakily took some grass for myself, too.

Wait...
"Who's Hunter, if I may ask?"
I'm pretty sure he said it as a name. I never heard anyone in the castle named like this.

"W-What are you talking about?"
He stopped in place.

"Oh, sorry sir. Perhaps I imagined it."
It's not my place to ask such questions. Maybe it's one of the emperor's secrets.

"Alright, we should be on our way back right now."
The golden guard stood up from the ground, a tree leaf in his hand.

He summoned his staff for our ride back as I grabbed the bag of explosive nuts we collected. Before I even knew it- he stuck the makeshift glue onto my hand with full force.

"HEY, WHAT THE HELL??"
I freaked out, then remembered my place.
"AHEM. Sir."
I corrected.

The golden guard bursted in laugher as I awkwardly stood there with a leaf stuck to my hand.

"It should be enough for fifteen minutes. To make sure you don't fall."
He shrugged eventually, climbing onto the magic staff.

Oh.
"Thank you so much."

Now I was guaranteed to fly safely with a quiet mind, not holding the staff for dear life anymore.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Golden guard's p.o.v
Ohohohoho pov switchhhhh

"Now!"

"...uh..."

"Waitwaitwait... NOW!"

As I said it, Y/n tried to take her hand off the staff again but it was still stuck.

"What the... I'm pretty sure it's been fifteen minutes..."
I mumbled to myself.

Then the sound of wood dropping was heard, and Y/n sighed in relief.
"Oh thank titan. I think you made it last seventeen minutes, too much grass."
She pointed out.

"Maybe, yeah... that one longer leaf must've thrown my calculations off."
I reasoned.

"Well, Y/n. You are free to rest for the rest of the day. This mission was successful."
I raised the bag of nuts.

She nodded, almost raising her hand to salute, before stopping herself when she remembered that it's not needed.
"Good night, sir."

I nodded back and she was dismissed.
I watched her climb up the stairs calmly, but then immediately switch into sheer hype and excitement, hopping and skipping a couple steps on her way.

I, on the other hand, had to report to my uncle at the throne room.

I adjusted my golden mask and walked with the bag and staff hidden in my cloak. I ignored the scouts around me, who stopped to salute when I passed by.

The scouts by the doors to the throne room opened them for me and closed them behind me.

"Emperor Belos,"
I bent down on one knee.

"Everyone. Out."
He ordered, the titan's heart beating fast. Everyone obeyed, leaving me alone with my uncle.

"The mission was successful, sir.
Although I must warn you, these nuts are apparently extremely exploasive-"

"I KNOW THAT, YOU FOOL."
He snapped at me. I shivered.

"I didn't mean to irritate you."
I looked down in shame.

Belos sighed, standing from his throne and approached me. I didn't dare to move a muscle. The heartbeat calmed down.

"I know you didn't."
He told me in a gentle tone.
I handed him the bag.

"These contain wretched wild magic, but with the low supply of palisman, I had to find an alternative."

I continued looking down, waiting for orders. I think I heard a muffled explosion sound.

"Ah, much better."
His voice sounded stronger than before.
"How was that scout you chose, Hunter?"

"She did a great job."
I told him.
"She is intelligent and resourceful.
Perfect for a right-hand for me."

"She?"
Belos asked.

"Yes, her name is Y/n. The one who-"

"Ah, the beginner scout that saved these eight failures. I remember."
...he doesn't sound too fond of her.

"I... hope you approve my choice, emperor."
I hesitantly remarked.

"I trust your judgement, Hunter."
H-He does!

"That's great to hear."
I hid my excitement.

Finally, I did something right. Something useful for the coven.

"You are now dismissed. I have things to attend to."

"Of course, emperor Belos."
I saluted and started to leave.

"Oh, and one last thing,"
He said softly, making me stop and look back at him.

"I'm proud of you, Hunter."
He added, filling me with so much happiness that I completely forgot he snapped at me earlier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 79 1
I saw the lack of Hunter/Reader Fanfic so I knew I had to make some. This story is about YOU! You are a witch who wants to join the Emperor's Coven b...
21.6K 625 33
Y/n a young teen witch explores their new life as part of the Emperor's Coven, and along the way discovers there's, more than meets the eye. ♥ᴴᵘⁿᵗᵉʳ...
12.1K 444 19
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/73UnmeSszK5TZLPFArx7sF?si=0913035db1fe46ff "If I joined the Emperor's Coven, could we kiss?" Y/N doesn't consider t...
76.1K 2.5K 30
trying to be a good kid hasn't worked out for you in the past or now. you manage to find even more trouble when you follow your kid sister through a...