ᴍᴀʀᴀʜᴜʏᴏ || D. Malfoy

By vinsxen

( v. ) showing enchantment or to be enchanted by someone --------- Wherein Draco Malfoy found himself a mate... More

C A S T
Graphics + Playlist
M A R A H U Y O
C H A P T E R: TWO
C H A P T E R: THREE
C H A P T E R: FOUR
C H A P T E R: FIVE

C H A P T E R: ONE

2.3K 96 17
By vinsxen

↳ ❝ the mate ¡! ❞ 

❝they hate each other❞

❝no, they don't. not really❞

꒰ 🌊 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

Draco Malfoy was in the age of unlocking his creature inheritance. It is known fact that the House of Malfoy came from France and thus, having a Veela as their creature.

In the Wizarding World, 16 is the age where children would get their creature inheritance. If their family ever have one. It is quite uncommonn for wizarding family to have a creature inheritance, and marrying into one is deemed as a high honor.

Summer before 6th year, Draco unlocked his Veela and his father helped him through the whole process. The father-son duo went to their Villa in France, away from his brat of a mother.

Now, here he is. Boarding the train with his father. Lucius Malfoy will be attending Hogwarts as the Magical Law and Theory Professor to keep an eye on his son.

Especially that there's a possibility of Draco finding his mate. After all, Lucius Malfoy met his during his school years.

And to his luck (quite not), the moment they step foot at the station, his son's Veela decided to come out, having able to sense their mate.

Thanks to his quick reflex, Lucius was able to grab hold of his before he tackle the poor unsuspected person.

He quickly conjure a privacy and notice-me-not spell around them before shoving a vial of potion in his son's mouth to calm the Veela down.

Lucius watched in grimace as Draco finally able to control his Veela. He didn't want to subdue the creature but he need to take precautions to avoid misunderstandings.

He have a half-wit to drag his son back to their home and let him attend school the next day. But he constant look Draco gave the train and the way he couldn't stand still made Lucius thought otherwise.

With a sigh, he told his son to go search for his mate but also warned him to control himself.

Draco hastily enter the train and begin to search for his mate. He followed the smell of the ocean, along with strawberry.

and after hours of searching, Draco came to stop to a compartment with a single person in it.

The smell of ocean and strawberry is prominent and Draco restrain himself from opening the door and pouncing at his mate. Instead, he peak in the small window and to his surprise, there sat the person he have been butting head since first year.

Cliantha "call me Clia" Potter sat alone in the compartment while staring out in the window and fidgeting with her necklace, seemingly in deep thought.

He immediately walk away before he did something he would regret. It is no secret that he and Clia re not exactly friends.

They would taunt each other every time they passed by each other in the halls. He even bullied her and her best friends, and she would retaliate by either hexing him or insulting him.

At first, it was a childish rivalry but along the way, it became somewhat a amusing competition on who could make the other irritate and who could taunt the other better.

Besides, he always notice the amusement in her blue-green eyes whenever Granger and Weasley would turn as red as Weasley hair from either anger or embarressment, then she would proceed to 'defend' them.

So, yeah. They are not friends but not exactly enemies either.

Draco found his father rather quickly, who put several strong privacy wards in their compartment, "I take it you have found your mate?" Lucius asked.

His son moved to take a seat beside him and he immediately wrap an arm around the younger, letting him his support, "Son? Are you alright?"

"I am, but I'm not so sure about my mate" Draco finally said with a hint of hesitation in his voice.

Lucius' eyebrow arched an inch. "I see. I am afraid your words are as clear as mud, my dragon. Shall we start with the more important information first? As in: who is your mate?"

Draco blushed slightly, and look away from his father. "Cliantha Potter" he said simply.

Lucius merely nodded like it makes sense. Well, in his mind, it did. Potter may seems like a gullible and naive girl, but she is quite powerful.

Lucius has seen her duel the Dark Lord at the graveyard and not even once did she use the same spell. And not all of them are light magic! Let's not forget the way she fought.

The Potter girl didn't hesitate for one bit and was constantly moving. Her stormy blue-green eyes seems like glowing underneath the moonlight.

Lucius won't admit it, but the girl fought marvelously. And quite deadly.

"Hmmm, not a bad choice. She is strong and powerful, and quite easy on the eyes" Lucius mused, thinking through the situation, ignoring the slight growl coming from Draco.

"Too bad she is so firmly under Dumbledore's thumb. It can't be helped, I supposed.... Very well, we will do what we cane to support her; after all, she is family now. We shall talk to the Headmaster after dinner then."

"And Draco? Know that I do not care who your mate is, as long as they make you happy," Lucius added, bring his son to his side for a hug before letting him go.

Draco smiled up at his father, feeling ridiculously prideful and happy this man was his father. Lucius had always been there, no matter what. To know that he was supporting him still, even though it was 'Cliantha bloody Potter' who was his mate; meant a lot to Draco. Especially after the summer the two of them had shared.

"Thank you, Father. I promise that I will not let you down." he said softly, gratitude shining from his silvery eyes.

After that, the father and son were quiet the whole train ride. But their mind thought th same thing.

Something tell them that this year will be different from the others. And it's a good different.

꒰ 🌊 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

Blaise Zabini noticed how his best friend couldn't seems to sit still during the sorting ceremony, and his constant glance towards the house of lion were puzzling him.

The two has been best friend since they were children and the Zabini boy knew that his best friend just got his creature inheritance. Unlike Draco, he didn't have one so he didn't know what it feels like but he still support Draco.

He also know that Veela have one mate and it's for life. Then it dawn him. Draco found his mate and said mate is a Gryffindor. Oh, Blaise could only pray for his father that it is not Granger or one of the Weasleys. Nor Brown. Any one but them.

Speaking of lions, Blaise subtly glance at his secret friend and found her playing with her food.

He could only sigh. If only he can openly approach her and coax her to eat. But alas, the two made an agreement to hid their friendship.

Blaise Zabini and Cliantha Potter became friends when the male was dropped off at Camp Half-Blood by his mother.

It turns out, Greek gods are real and would sometimes hook up with muggles - or in his case, hook up with a witch.

Thus, Blaise Zabini is born. Once arriving at camp, he was given an orientation and a tour.

During the tour, Blaise caught sight of demigods gathering around the arena. To his surprised, he saw Cliantha Potter having a sword fight with a blonde girl their age. To which, she clearly won.

Will, the camper who giving him a tour, waved at Clia who's eyes widen upon seeing Blaise. She welcomed him with a grin and help him settled at camp, even when he was claimed by Ares, god of war.

The two became fast friends since then. It seems the rivalry between Gryffindors and Slytherins are none existence. They even have a nickname to each other. Blaise would call her "Cli" or "princess" considering her father is the King of Atlantis. While Clia would call him "Bly" or "daggers" since it's his preferred weapon.

Blaise knew that this summer was quite troubling, really. Clia thought that her half-brother, Percy, is dead, only for him to crash his own funeral. The thought made Blaise almost laugh. It was funny really.

Not to mention, Lord Apollo and Lady Aphrodite appearing in Clia's dream with a news of the daughter of Poseidon's life will change upon arriving back at Hogwarts. It was clearly her love life considering the goddess of love appeared with a huge smile on her face.

And Blaise knew that his sea-green eyed friend didn't know what to think about the situation. The aspect of being loved and being in love.

He could only wish that whomever will have his friend's heart, have the patience of Lady Hestia. Because life of a demigod is chaotic. Especially if you're Clia Potter or Percy Jackson.

"Okay, I'll bite. What's wrong with you? Is it your Veela?" Blaise finally asked his blond friend

Draco took a deep breath and whispered, " I found my mate"

Blaise's eyes brighten. He's happy for his childhood best friend. "Congratulations! Who is it? Based on your constant glance, they're a Gryffindor. Please don't tell me it's Granger or any of the Weasleys. Or that -"

"It's Potter"

Blaise froze when the words came out of the Veela's mouth.

He didn't know whether to be happy or wreck havoc. Both of his best friends, destined to be together.

Two equally stubborn and impatient people he knew. Together. Oh, the Fates must be playing some kind of joke.

But as Blaise look back and forth between the two, he realize that no one can be as perfect for each other as them.

Clia will keep Draco in his toes with her unpredictable actions and intelligent but chaotic mind. While Draco will do anything in his power in order for Clia to feel loved and protected. Both will burn the world for each other.

He nodded to himself. Yeah, they are perfect for each other.

His only worry is for Draco. He will be facing an overprotective father and an equally protective brothers.

'May Gods of Olympus have mercy on you, Draco. Because Lord Poseidon won't' Blaise thought.

꒰ 🌊 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

"Ah, Draco, Lucius. Come in and have a seat. Lemon drop?" Dumbledore asked, his eyes twinkling. He had, of course, been informed that Draco had come into his inheritance last June and he was eager to find out who the boy's mate was.

If he was fortunate, he would end up with two Malfoys fighting on his side in this war. Draco would never do anything to hurt his mate and Lucius would never do anything to hurt his son.

The headmaster was mentally rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

"I take it young Draco has locate his mate?" he asked, playing on his grandfather persona as much as he dared.

Magical creatures were so much more difficult to manipulate than humans were.

"Yes," Lucius said regally, knowing fully well what the old schemer was thinking and disliking it immensely.

There wasn't much he could do about it thought but play along. At least for the moment.

"Excellent! And may I ask who the fortunate youth is?"

"Cliantha Potter," Draco stated, no less regally than his father.

Behind his desk, Albus Dumbledore felt his control slip, and it was all he could do, not to crow delight.

Cliantha was Draco's mate? This was wonderful news. Cliantha and Draco, why the Malfoys would fall over themselves to please him now since that would please Cliantha. And what Cliantha wanted, Cliantha got.

He knew he had made the right decision keeping the girl humble and beholden to him. This revelation could very well change the entire war.

Remembering the Malfoys, Albus swiftly schooled his face to something a little less triumphant. Smiling benevolently, allowing his eyes to twinkle full force, he said:

"This is wonderful news. Congratulations, young Draco. I am sure both you and Cliantha will be very happy together. Allow me to summon Minerva and have her bring Cliantha here immediately. The sooner the two of you start to bond, the better. You will both be excused from class, of course, and I believe the suite of rooms your father requested is ready and waiting for you"

While he talked, Dumbledore swiftly penned a short note; summoning one of the house elves to deliver the message to McGonagall and to inform Snape that he, too, was needed at the Headmaster's office.

With luck, neither of the professors had left the Great Hall yet.

Leaning back into his chair, the aged wizard fell silent, not bothering to try and chat with his guests. At this stage, there wasn't much point in talking with them anyway.

Draco was distracted by his mate while Lucius... well, Lucius would need some time to come to grips with his need to change alliances.

Instead, Albus happily lost himself in glorious daydreams of the future. With Cliantha at his side, and the Malfoys backing her, why, the war was as good as won!

'Cliantha Potter, eh?' he thought to himself.

Who would have thought she and young Draco were destined for each other? This is simply splendid. Albus continue to plot his schemes involving the Malfoys and Cliantha while the father and son duo were unaware of it.

Draco was thrumming with impatience to be near his mate again. And Lucius was plotting strategies to ensure that Potter gave his son a chance and did not refuse him on the spot.

The silence remained until there was a knock on the door, heralding the arrival of three people.

"Come in," Albus called cheerfully, almost blinding the three newcomers with his twinkle.

"Ah, Minerva, Cliantha, Severus. I am so glad you could come. Sit down, lemon drop?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

652K 14.6K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
982K 37.1K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
715K 43.8K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
304K 28.3K 66
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...