The Captains Daughter

By HarrietSwan98

This is the story of Brooke Rogers. Brooke is 14 years old and is a lab experiment, she was 1 in 1000 to have... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Epilogue:
Sorry Guys!!

Chapter 5:

36.4K 726 445
By HarrietSwan98

I slowly woke up in a bed? My eyes adjusted to the dim lit room I was in, I sat up and looked around, the place looked a little (really) run down, a dirty blanket covered me, my jacket and weapons were on the chair next to me...

I slowly got up, grabbed my gun and walked out the door, I went into what looked like the living room where The Winter Soldier was sitting looking out the window.

"It's not nice to point guns at people, who save your life," He told me quietly and slowly turned round.

"I'm sorry," I told him and threw the gun on the table. "Thank you for saving my life."

He nodded. "I knew the blonde man with the shield," He stated with a look of confusion. "S-Steve Rogers, we were friends."

I nodded. "Yeah you were, back in World War 2," I told him.

"You were in the same lab I was in a few years ago, you were a child," He told me. "Brooklyn, isn't it?"

I smiled softly. "Brooke, Brooke Rogers," I corrected him. "My Dad is Steve Rogers."

"You're S-Steve's daughter?" He asked in confusion and rubbed his metal arm.

I nodded slowly. "I only found out a few days ago," I mumbled.

"I'm Bucky by the way, Bucky Barnes," He said softly. "I- I remember who I am now."

I stood next to him and looked at his metal arm; What did Hydra do to him exactly?

"Where are we?" I asked and looked out the window.

"Some place safe," He told me "Some Russian's are trying to hunt us down."

I turned to look at him. "What?" I asked in shock.

"Russian's want to experiment on us. After what Hydra did to us they want to know the secret to why we are what we are," He explained. "And use us as there own weapons."

I frowned. "What about Steve... and Jax?" I asked. Ain't they like us?

He frowned. "Who is Jax?" He asked in confusion.

"Jax was the boy you were firing at and..." I trailed off- Do I tell him?

"And what?" He asked.

"Jax Bucanan Barnes," I told him. "He was also made by Hydra from your DNA."

Bucky sighed. "Oh," He muttered... That's it? I told him he has a son and all he says is 'oh'? "The Russians aren't after them any way."

Bucky went off in to the kitchen and opened the fridge- He can't say all that a stop the conversation!

I followed him. "So the Russians are only after us?" I asked.

"Yes," He confirmed.

"Why?" I asked- This guy likes his secrets.

Bucky shut the fridge and handed me a can of coke. "We were the best things they created, we were made to be killers," He explained. "We are good at fighting, we are good at killing that's why the Russians want us."

I leaned on the side on the kitchen counter. I'm not a killer, I don't want to be a killer!

"Why don't you trust SHIELD?" I asked not looking at him.

He stood in front of me and tilted my head up wards to look him in the eyes. "The same reason as you," He stated. "I'm scared they will do tests on me, I'm scared they'll turn on me."

Bucky turned and went into the living room sitting on the sofa sipping his drink.

I stood in the door way watching him, what are we doing hiding, planning on running off, what?

"Bucky what's the plan?" I asked softly.

"This is the plan," He stated not looking at me.

I frowned. "Hiding?" I asked in disbelief.
"yes," He told me.

I scoffed. "So you're giving up?" I asked but he didn't answer me. "You know what, you can stay here then, I didn't ask you to kidnap me. I would be safe at SHIELD!"

Bucky stood up and placed a his hand over my mouth silencing me.

"I do have a plan but the Russian's are everywhere so I suggested you keep quiet," He whispered into my ear. "Go take a shower, it's back there. The room your in belonged to a girl about your age, her clothes should fit you."

I looked at the floor and sighed. "Okay," I said quietly and went back into the room I woke up in, I dung through the draws and found some casual clothes, they seemed pretty clean...

I went down the hall into the bathroom, I switched the water on and climbed in, the warm water on my skin was heaven. I quickly washed my hair, dried off and changed to the clothes, they were a bit big but hey we can't have everything. I tied my hair up in a tight pony tail and went back into the living room, Bucky had fallen asleep on the sofa.

I looked at his metal arm curiously, I tapped it lightly, pure metal and it was cold. I got the blanket from my room and through it over him, I picked up my gun and sat against the wall, watching the windows and door in case we had company...

STEVE'S POV

Clint, Tony, Bruce, Thor, Fury, Hill, Jax and I were sat in the conference room. Natasha was in the Hospital wing getting patched up, Tony and I shared some dirty looks and Jax hadn't said a word.

"How could this of happened?" Fury asked quietly.

Jax was sat on his chair flipping his throwing knife in the air and catching it. "Ask Iron Man," He stated not looking at anyone.

Everyone looked at Tony. "Hey I thought the guy was going to kill her," Tony defended himself.

Suddenly the knife Jax once held, skimmed Tony's head, cutting a lock of his hair and stuck into the wall. "Next time I won't miss," Jax threatened and pulled the knife out of the wall. "Can you track Brooke down?"

Fury sighed. "Her ear piece was destroyed," He told us. "We can't track her."

"Bucky knew her, the look in his eyes were screaming trust, he's trying to protect her I'm sure of it," I spoke up. "I made him remember me, when SHIELD was compromised."

"Alright then Captain what is your suggestion?" Jax asked. "What is he protecting Brooke from?"

I thought for a moment back in the War Germany wanted control over everything and everyone, they needed a weapon that was going to get them that, they needed something the other countries couldn't get there hands on. Russian also wanted power, they had top assassins, the best weapons but they didn't have what Germany had... Bucky!

"Who does Hydra belong to now, who took over?" I asked Fury.

Stark pulled out is weird phone thing. "I can't say for sure but it looks like the Russians, why?" He asked.

I sighed. "They want killers," I stated as I looked at Jax who went pale.

Fury closed his eye. "Bucky was created to be a killer, it won't take much to make him turn and Brooke loves those who are close to her," He explained. "Brooke's pressure point is us."

"Cap and Jax are different," Tony added. "Cap you have a heart of gold, you wouldn't kill anyone unless you had to and Jax, well you don't follow orders and you just do whatever you want."

"Bucky took her to keep her safe," I mumbled.

"You guys get some rest, we need to wait this out and keep checking our camera's," Fury told us.

I watched as Jax stormed out the room, his face was like thunder. I felt his pain, I didn't want to wait but what could we do?

We all left and went our separate ways our rooms. I went to my room and found Jax standing in the window looking out at the scene in font of him; I noticed he wore a white gym vest, something similar to what Tony and Clint wear in the gym.

He touched his arm. "I saw my Father today, I felt the weird feeling Brooke did when she found out you were hers," He told me.

As he turned to face me I saw that the top of his left arm had a burn on it a large burn shaped like a star...

"Brooke has one too, on her back in the middle of her shoulder blades. We used to pretend we were brother and sister," He told me sadly. "She's my best friend, my partner. Captain I can't lose her, she is the only person I trust with my life."

I sighed and stood in front of him. "I will bring Brooke home, but in order for me to do that I need your help, I can't do this with out you. Your Father and my daughter are out there. Jax, I know you probably don't like me but I need you to trust me," I told him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

He nodded. "I trust you," He said softly. "You know I stand in front of you now and you remind me so much of her, of Brooke. I hope you two work on your relationship, you're that much alike it's scary."

I smiled. "When I get my daughter back, I'll take us all to the movies and we can order any take away you guys want," I told him.

He laughed. "I'll hold you to that," He told me. "Goodnight Steve."

Jax left, leaving me alone to think.

Where would Bucky have taken her, where was safe to him?

BROOKE'S POV

Bucky had been asleep for about an hour and I have worked out we were in Brooklyn, I did some snooping around the apartment and found a bunch of recent newspapers talk about Brooklyn news.

I was sat on the floor was a dirty piece of paper and a pen, I started drawing Bucky's metal arm, it had so much detail I couldn't resist!

As I drew I started to sing 'Give you what you like' by Avril Lavigne.

I loved that song, I knew what it was about but I still like it!

"Please wrap your drunken arms around me

And I'll let you call me yours tonight

Cause slightly broken's just what I need

And if you give me what I want

Then I'll give you what you like

Please tell me I'm your one and only

Or lie and say at least tonight

I've got a brand new cure for lonely

And if you give me what I want

Then I'll give you what you like

When you turn off the lights

I get stars in my eyes

Is this love?

Maybe someday

So don't turn on the lights

I'll give you what you like"

"You do know that song is about sex?" Bucky asked my as he rubbed his eyes.

I smiled awkwardly. "I know but I like it," I told him and carried on drawing.

He looked over to me. "Wha- Is that my arm?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I couldn't resist," I told him.

Bucky came and sat next to me looking at my sketch. "Yeah, you're Steve's daughter, he drew a lot," He told me with a soft smile.

My eyes widened a little. "Really?" I asked.

Bucky nodded. "He used to draw on napkins, bits of paper and on envelopes," He explained.

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

Some one tapped the door.

Bucky picked up a long sleeve top, and pulled it on so it covered his arm.

"Go into your room, grab your gun, get under the bed and don't make a sound," He told me quietly.

I nodded and crept to my room, reloaded my gun and got under the bed and waited... For what?

Yeah good question...

*BANG*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

549K 12.5K 133
Chloe always knew that her mom was somewhere out there in the world. But being hydras experiment toy, she never actually thought that she would ever...
1.6K 3 48
Mason Perez was born with powers. Not knowing how or why, her powers continue to grow. After a life changing accident Mason vowed to never use her po...
126K 2.9K 54
When Natasha goes off to find Bruce, Fury recruits a woman named Adora to replace her on the team. Steve can't seem to stay away from her, and after...
6K 221 44
**BOOK 1 OF THE DARK CAPTAIN SERIES** Arianna Stark, cousin to the famous Tony Stark, was kidnapped by HYDRA. Who for? Their newest assassin, Captain...