Two Worlds Apart

By MsChryssieE

An unlikely friendship turned into something more when two paths are crossed. Both from different world's try... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97

26

6.8K 278 53
By MsChryssieE

Date: June 3rd 2017

Well, I made it.

My forty weeks mark is today. I've officially hit full term in my pregnancy and I'm happy. Though he gave us a scare a couple days ago, my joy was healthy. Coming down to this time, my mind was busier than usual.

Reality had set in and I was about to be a mother. An entire being was depending on me for survival across the board and it scared me honestly. The difference with working with children and having your own, you could give back other peoples children. Now, here I am, just a few days or even hours away from having my own.

Everyday I prayed and meditate and built up that peaceful energy around me, as I prepare to greet my son soon.

*******

"Knock, knock."

Looking up when I heard her voice, I gave Ms. Sheila my attention as she came in. Holding a tray in her hand, I figure it was breakfast.

"I noticed you were taking a bit long so I decided to bring it up for you."

"Thank you." I nodded as I took the tray with gratitude. "Have you eaten as yet?"

"Not yet. Once everyone is settled, then I get into my time."

"Ah okay. Umm, would you like to join me?" I asked a bit skeptical.

"Oh, um, sure."

"Okay, great. We can sit out back if you want."

"Ouu no, it's too hot outside. We can either eat downstairs or the sitting space in my room."

"Your room it is." I nodded.

Moving the tray for me, I took my time getting up. With my son in birthing position, my belly felt heavier than usual.

"You got it?" She asked as she saw me hold my belly.

"Yeah. He's just more to the right today." I shook my head. "Whew." I let out jokingly. "Alright, I'm good."

Surprising me with a laugh, we guided me to her room before going and get her breakfast. With our son coming in any time, I wanted to try again with her. Hopefully this is a good start.

"This is beautiful." I complimented her.

"Thanks. I keep it like this because I keep everyone out." She responded. "They'll tear this room apart if I'm not careful." She shook her head.

Sitting in the chair opposite me, we said a small prayer and blessed our meal before eating and conversing.

"So? Are you ready for him?"

"Ready or not, he's coming." I said jokingly.

"That he is. How do you feel though? Aug mentioned your mucus plug came out."

"Yeah it did. With regards to how I'm feeling, aside from tried and heavy, I'm good."

"Mmm. I know that feeling, especially from carrying Aug so I'm not surprised."

"How was he as a baby and child? I want to know from the source herself because I feel like he sugar coats it." I joked.

"Girl that boy sugar coats everything when he's ready." She laughed as did I. "Aug never was a troublesome baby. He was always quiet. It was when he reached a teen, when puberty set in there was a change."

"Yeah?"

"Mhmm. He realized how handsome he was and it boosted his ego more but his personality was always pleasant."

"Oh okay."

"So are you excited about being a mother?"

"Nervous is more like it."

"I'm not even going to tell you don't be because I understand. He's your first so it's expected."

"Yeah but I am ready and excited to meet him." I smiled as I rubbed my belly.

With silence falling on us as we ate, I glanced out the window at the back yard. Though the house was simple, it was indeed beautiful and I understood why there was always people around.

"I just wanted to say."

Hearing her voice, I gave her my undivided attention.

"Y'all will be great parents."

"You think so?"

"I believe so, yeah. God works in mysterious ways."

"That he does." I agreed.

Finishing our breakfast, she took the trays and placed them aside as we continued our conversation. This was the first time we were having such an in-depth conversation openly.

"So y'all are really naming him after Aug huh?" She chuckled.

"Yeah. I thought about it and I understood why it was important to him."

"Okay, but why were you against it before? Just asking."

"I believe in individuality. Having your own name, that's yours, but in this case, Aug's not the only one who's getting what they want."

"He isn't?"

"Nope." I laughed. "My dad too has been on me about getting his name in the mix. With Aug's middle name being Anthony, which is my dad's, they both win."

"And you?"

"I win peace."

"Amen to that."

"Ouu." I let out as I shifted in my seat.

"Everything's okay?" She came closer.

"Yeah. He's kicking up a storm. Want to feel?"

"Sure? I know you were adamant about people touching your belly."

"Yeah. Personal space. Unless I say, no one was allowed to touch my belly but Aug."

"And you have all right too."

Placing her hand on the spot, she let out a 'whoa' when she felt the kick followed by his movement.

"Is that how it's been the entire pregnancy?"

"Yup. A force to reckon with." I joked. "I'm putting him in football, I mean, soccer, when he gets older. I forget that's what y'all call it here."

"Yeah, but I know what you mean."

"I just hope that he's a calm one when he gets here."

"Well you've been so during your pregnancy so I'm sure he will be."

Just as I was about to speak, the sound of Aug's voice calling his mother was ringing through the hall way.

"This boy." She shook her head.

Going to the door, she opened it and he turned around, seeing me as well.

"Damn, didn't y'all hear a nigga calling?" He entered.

"I'm sure the neighbors heard you calling." His mother answered.

Walking in, he came over to me and kissed me.

"What y'all up too?"

"Just chatting over breakfast." Ms. Sheila answered.

"Nice. Baybeh? You up for a walk when y'all finished?"

"Sure."

"Aight. I'm about to go shower and change."

"Okay." I nodded.

Taking a grape I had left on my plate, he popped it in his mouth and left. Shaking her head, I just snickered and didn't bother to say anything. Getting back into conversations, Everything in me wanted to ask her why she was the way she was towards me but something was keeping me back from doing so. Finishing eat, Aug came back with his towel around his waist.

"Why are you standing there in your towel?" His mother asked him as I tried not to laugh.

"I came for my girl." He took my hand. "Something just told me come check on you."

"Mmhmm." His mother hummed. "Anyway, I'm heading out for a bit. No mischief when I'm gone."

"It's just us?" He asked.

"Yeah so just keep my house in tact August."

"Yes momma."

August

"Yeen wanna bounce on something else?"

Looking up at me when she heard me, I smirked. For some reason we ended up in an exercise equipment store and Chrysta was sitting on the exercise ball.

"Can we get this?" She then asked.

"Why?" I followed as I was confused.

"It's really helping take the pressure off." She sighed.

"Word?"

"Yeah."

"Aight. Anything to make you comfortable."

"Thank you. I'll pay-."

Pausing when I gave her the look, she simply said thank you before getting up from the ball. This was a habit she had when it came to her asking me to buy anything for her while we were out. I knew it was nothing more than a reflex but sometimes it did get to me.

"I'm sorry." She said as we left the store.

"For what?" I glanced at her.

"For what I was about to say. I just."

"I understand Chrys, it's cool. You want anything to eat?"

"Are you going to be in that mood the rest of the day or time we're out?"

"What mood?" I glanced at her.

"That mood."

"I'm not in any mood Chrys, I simply asked if you want something to eat."

"No thanks. I'm not hungry."

Hearing her sigh, I didn't say anything else after that. We checked through a couple other stores, though she kept her distance ahead of me. Once she informed me that she was tired, we decided to head back to the house. Instantly falling asleep as I drove, I stopped to pick up something for us to eat then to the house.

"Wake up ma." I lightly shook her. "We're back at the house."

"Mmm." She groaned as she tossed.

"Come on baybeh, you can be comfortable in bed."

"That sounds good." She mumbled.

Helping her out, I closed the car door behind her and helped her in.

"Babe wait a minute."

Looking back at her as she stopped, she was staring at me. Following her eyes, I noticed the puddle by her feet.

"Shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 5.4K 35
Lauren your average black girl with mommy and step dad issues. What happens when Lauren gets feed up and decide to leave with Trell the new boy/thug...
754K 25.4K 26
✨Same book New Cover Sometimes the one you want the most is the one your best without. Sometimes your friends are really yo foes. Sometimes the ones...
457K 9.6K 59
After Kiyah Marie Leeones parents die ... a normal life of a 17 year old starts to change.
31.7K 717 22
Naruto Uzumaki is the eldest of four siblings, born into the Uzumaki family, renowned for their strong chakra and their special connection to the Nin...